Jason_Williams

1CGS Attending Flight-Sim Expo 2019!

Dear Pilots,

1C Game Studios is once again exhibiting IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles Series at and sponsoring FSExpo 2019! This time in Orlando, Florida June 7th-9th 2019. Come join us!

Orlando is a great city and our booth will be rocking once again! We'll likely be the only combat sim again in attendance this year which means we'll have the booth with the most fun happening! You actually get to blow stuff up and not just piddle around in a Cessna. Last year was a great time getting to spend time with members of our great community and putting faces to names. I hope to have an even better time again this year!

Come have fun! 

FlightSimExpo 2019 Website

FlightSimExpo Facebook Page

Jason

• Like 11
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 13

1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

and not just piddle around in a Cessna.

"Those are fighting words", I say from my landing pattern over Meigs Field...

Just kidding: sounds awesome, wish I could be there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Great news! I was unable to go last time due to unforseen circumstances, but I’ll plan on ensuring these dates are free again so the missus and I can attend.

45 minutes ago, Freycinet said:

"Those are fighting words", I say from my landing pattern over Meigs Field...

Just kidding: sounds awesome, wish I could be there.

Wow Meigs field, haven’t heard that name in a while! It’s quite an amazing story of how that field was shut down.

Are you guys going to have a VR setup? I think how well your VR works is a great selling point. Maybe I can attend and make a vacation of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Good luck, hopefully you will pull in oodles of newbies to boost the coffers.

1 hour ago, TheKillerSloth said:

Are you guys going to have a VR setup? I think how well your VR works is a great selling point. Maybe I can attend and make a vacation of it.

Yes most likely will. We had VR set up last year and were the only ones running VR of any kind at the show. There are videos out there of our VR at the expo in 2018. 

Actually there was one other booth, but it was quite underwhelming compared to what we had going on.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

My best friend lives in Lakeland...just a short drive. Being in the airline industry I fly for free. So I've got a place to stay, and got airfare. It's a safe bet I will be there. Look forward to seeing some of you there.

Also, I have Vive gear I can volunteer for the booth if additional setups are needed. I have no problem bringing it along. I just want as many people as possible to really give this sim a go. Though I cant drag my whole PC, I'd be honored to bring my Vive stuff along if its needed or can be accommodated to promote the cause. Let me know Jason.

Edited by =BAIT=CG_Justin
  • Upvote 1

oh... The flight there would be about 1200USD :( guess that is a skip for me. Have fun tho! And maybe post videos on the YouTube as of how the show went! 

Planning on making any announcements at the expo? Or just showing off how well the development is going to the unconverted?

17 hours ago, Freycinet said:

"Those are fighting words"

I don't think that's a fight a Cessna could win :P

Good excuse to visit my sister.  Need to check dates as other family members coming for a vacation in June, need to check dates.

19 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Yes most likely will. We had VR set up last year and were the only ones running VR of any kind at the show. There are videos out there of our VR at the expo in 2018. 

Actually there was one other booth, but it was quite underwhelming compared to what we had going on.

Jason

Would be a stunner if you could get your hands on a Pimax 8K and a beast of a system and push it with Wide Field of View.  170degrees of Il2 madness to get the jaws dropping on those Virtual Cessna Pilots.

Get them doing Aerobatics in a Yak 1B or Spit 5

Pimax now has a US point man - maybe try to hook up with them and get them to supply the hardware for combined promotion...

They'll never see life again in the same way 😁

Edited by blitze
After thought
  • Upvote 4

It would be an amazing coincidence if they schedule me to do the Orlando flight during the Expo.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow
  • Haha 1

Was able to make it to the one in Vegas last year - it was awesome and the IL-2 booth with its VR setup was amazing!

This one in Orlando is a little closer to home, so...  already registered and booked my hotel room - really looking forward to it !

Damn. Can’t it be in The Twin Cities? We’re all warmed up by June here. Well, maybe by August.

On 2/26/2019 at 2:08 PM, Cpt_Cool said:

oh jeeze well maybe if they open up 35 by then

Ahhhh....okay....I get it. Cpt “Cool”...Minnesota location also! Perhaps I should change mine to Mjr_Freeze or Lt_Blizzard!

I’m literally beginning to run out of places to pile the snow off our driveway here. Can’t go vertical anymore. A few more snows like the last one we had and I’ll have to start “screwin’ the pooch” as the Navy guys say in terms of boxing ourselves in!

Either way, have fun Jason in Florida! I spent one summer there while stationed in Pensacola. Heat AND humidity was unreal. The flip side was it was kinda neat being able to watch the Blue Angels when they weren’t on the road, so to speak.

Edited by BornToBattle
  • Upvote 1

About 95% sure I'm going to be able to attend the Expo this year. Really looking forward to checking out all that it has to offer and definitely looking forward to checking in at the 1CGS / IL-2 booth!

Is it enough to have the best stand in all its VR glory at the expo ? 

All those FS journalists wandering around . . . what if they got wind of where IL2 goes next ? Take one of these credit card readers with you Jason so you can collect the pre-orders at the same time :)

• Upvote 1

Have fun! Wish I could go. VR sim rigs along with the motion platforms looks like insane fun. You guys will once again steal the show from all the civ sim folks I love it. 

Hey folks! I'm definitely going to be there. If you're going to be there too perhaps we can figure out a time to meet at the 1CGS booth. For the people who aren't able to make it but want to try and have the experience from a-far, let me know what you want to know and I'll do my best to take some pictures and share them here and on Stormbirds.blog.

• Upvote 3

I'll be attending as well with Mrs Requiem. Just wondering though, is there a particular day people are going or did you just book for the whole time.

7 hours ago, SYN_Requiem said:

I'll be attending as well with Mrs Requiem. Just wondering though, is there a particular day people are going or did you just book for the whole time.

I'll be there both days. Want to take in as much as possible and I have a few events to attend and a couple of people to meet so lots going on but hopefully will spend a good bit of time at the 1CGS booth.

Me and two other guys will be there on Saturday.  I had wondered if we should go out to a pub afterwords but it didn’t seem like there was a lot of interest.

9 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

I'll be there both days. Want to take in as much as possible and I have a few events to attend and a couple of people to meet so lots going on but hopefully will spend a good bit of time at the 1CGS booth.

Copy. If I was by myself I might have done the two days, but I'll set things up for us to be there on Saturday. Planning on checking on Fantasy of Flight as well while we're there in FL, should be good.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

If anyone is available on Friday the 7th, I need a helper to move stuff into the booth and assist me with some set up. Nothing too difficult. Just need an extra set of hands for a couple hours. I have room for one more on my freebie admission list.

Jason

Pilots,

This morning I leave Las Vegas and head for Orlando. I'm road tripping it in my pickup as part of my summer vacation. It's times like this that I seriously question my career choice. :lol: I'm driving across the USA to promote a Russian built computer flight-simulation and the star of the show will be a German super-plane on a Dutch built motion-rig. Truly an international undertaking 75 years after these WWII planes last fought each other. Meeting members of our great community who enjoy our awesome hobby is always a great time and the best part of my job. 

As we say in America - I'm Eastbound and Down! See some of you in Orlando end of the week.

:salute:

Jason

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 14

Lol:biggrin:  Have a good trip, a good expo and a good vacation:salute:

Wish you a good trip and a great show at Flight-sim expo! 

Won't be able to make it but I'm eager to hear some news and see some pictures/videos when available.

Posted (edited)

I just check the trip dinstance... 3800km... That's insane!!!

To understand such a trip with my european mentality, I looked for a trip across Europe with the approximate same mileage...

Here you have it.
iUHDhO.png

Gibraltar to Stockholm  LOL
Across seven different countries Spain-France-Belgium-The Netherlands-Germany-Denmark and Sweden...

Have a good trip and drive safe!!!!

Edited by E69_Chipi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Drive careful pal - make sure you stay awake crossing The Great Plains...:cool:

Edited by gn728