Jason_Williams

1CGS Attending Flight-Sim Expo 2019!

20 hours ago, Red_Cat said:

and then he throws up over the Cuba Libres.

... and when you finally get to the half - built Algerian ruin called the 'Hotel Del Sol' (by paying half your holiday money to a licensed bandit in a taxi) you find there's no water in the taps, no water in the bogs and there's only a bleeding lizard in the bidet!!

Posted (edited)
On 6/9/2019 at 10:07 PM, sevenless said:

Cool stuff. I want one. Need to talk to Ms.Seven about that. Wish me luck 😉

its just 8000 euro :)

onother look at the setup from 12:10:

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrFies said:

any news ?

On what? BTW new update posted about an hour ago, go get it.

No updates from Jason regarding the return trip?  So much to see when driving across this great country of ours....did he visit the Caddilac Ranch, stop to see the world's largest ball of twine, marvel at the endless assortment of fine plaster lawn ornaments on sale at Gila Bend, AZ or (gasp!) possibly fall into Meteor Crater?   IS HE OK??!!!!

Man I shoulda mentioned the incredible hand-spun chocolatey shakes at Hardee's while he was over in this corner of the country... the South ain't all that bad after all 😜

I'm still getting over the massive flu I got on one of the connecting flights coming back from Orlando... still totally worth it!

We should have something like FSExpo every couple of weeks, why wait a whole year :biggrin:  -

on second though, if we did that, I'm pretty sure Jason's head would explode....

7 hours ago, Stoopy said:

No updates from Jason regarding the return trip?  So much to see when driving across this great country of ours....did he visit the Caddilac Ranch, stop to see the world's largest ball of twine, marvel at the endless assortment of fine plaster lawn ornaments on sale at Gila Bend, AZ or (gasp!) possibly fall into Meteor Crater?   IS HE OK??!!!!

Man I shoulda mentioned the incredible hand-spun chocolatey shakes at Hardee's while he was over in this corner of the country... the South ain't all that bad after all 😜

I’m here. I’m in Texas again. I was beat down after the show. Was too much work for me and my skeleton crew. We were the last one’s out and that was with Req’s awesome help. I stopped in Destin, FL on my way back for a couple days and enjoyed the beach. Then I went to the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola, FL. I’m done sight seeing now. I’m westbound for the bright lights of Vegas. I miss my girl and tired of sleeping in a moderately priced hotel. I’ll be back to normal next week. You guys just keep flying. Don’t mind me. LOL

Jason

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 8

Once again Jason great Job! 

Enjoy your drive. Stop by and see Hooves if you can in FT.Worth.

Posted (edited)

One week after the expo and I'm still on a bit of a high on all of the cool things that I saw there. Jason really pulled out the stops and had an awesome booth despite a pretty small crew compared to some of the other groups. The crowd around the 6DOF motion rig/VR setup was certainly getting some folks attention and I talked to more than a few people who were original IL-2 fans who hadn't heard much or had no idea there was a third generation of the series - they know now! 😄

Edited by ShamrockOneFive
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

One week after the expo and I'm still on a bit of a high on all of the cool things that I saw there. Jason really pulled out the stops and had an awesome booth despite a pretty small crew compared to some of the other groups. The crowd around the 6DOF motion rig/VR setup was certainly getting some folks attention and I talked to more than a few people who were original IL-2 fans who hadn't heard much or had no idea there was a third generation of the series - they know now! 😄

Hey, I didn't know you had a YouTube channel? Just found it.

Cool! :cool:

• Like 1

Hope you guys had a very successful show and a lot of converts from the civi sim side.

Posted (edited)

Hey! that video features me in the role of "guy waiting in line with coke bottle" just around 0:35 - lolz :drinks:

Jason and ShamrockOneFive also appear chatting in the background at a point later on.

I guess we can collect our multi-million performance dues with our hollywood agents later on. :rofl:

Seriously, that motion rig is every bit as awesome as it looks! 

Cheerz

Edited by 19//Moach
reasons
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Uufflakke said:

I was not very impressed with this interview, it does not go into any detail what so ever. 

Posted (edited)

I was there just for a day. I went to check out Honeycomb Aeronautical yoke. I think it is a great replacement for the Saiteks considering the price point but I was a little underwhelmed with the pitch axis. I find it a little to tight (stiff) for a lack of better word. I wish the axis were user adjustable. They are not. Also the construction it’s nice but the yoke handles feel a little to cheap and thin.  9Apps apk VidMate.vin 9Apps

It should be a great seller. Hell I might pick it up just to try it. The throttle quadrant feels good.

I need to go back to fly some more with the yoke but there is a long wait.

They also mentioned that they are going to add force feedback to that same yoke but only to one axis (pitch) at a more less $500 price point and it’s going to be available sometime 2021.

Virtual fly is offering ~€140 off their latest Yoko the yoke but the shipping kills the deal for me.

Edited by smithclarkson01