NightshadeG

Cannot get server to work.

I have been trying for 2 days to put up a working server. I got the additional account I need, it logs in and loads the mission, I can connect but, no one else can, they get booted back to server select. My firewall is open and my ports are open.

Try the solutions in "Players Cannot Join a Multiplayer Mission, No Error Message" on pg. 184 of the editor manual.

Didn't help. The missions are where they are supposed to be. Even the default missions are doing it too.

Did you try resaving the mission?

How do I do that with default missions that came with the game? It also does it to all the missions.

Hello, I am having the same issue of people getting booted back to the selection screen. I tried re-saving the text mission and my own mission to no success.

I will list everything I have tried:

1. Port forwarding 28000 and 28100 on both tcp an dup, port 80 and port 443 as well.

2. manually allowing ports in the firewall.

3. disabling the firewall.

4. begging

5. using port forward network utility.

6. opening extra ports being used by IL-2

7. praying

8. checking my IPv4 20x

9. setting IP to static and using those settings given

10. Crying

at this port I think it can't be the ports. since after I forwarded the ports people were not getting error messages but are instead getting booted back to the select screen. I will take any suggestion.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

if you would put up the mission and leave it up, I could try and join and see what happens.

just a few guesses:  are you limiting players with high pings, are you only allowing 2 players to join....things like that...

Salutations,

I have been attempting to run a server with DServer from the same computer for two years and have failed completely. Most disappointing and frustrating. I get the same disappointing results using the in-game Multiplayer Coop Server. ☹️

I have done and tried everything that has been presented to run my server. No success at all. 🙁

I can join and download other peoples server mission information... so it isn't the ports. I've spent money on port forwarding software and still no success. I've given up trying for the time being. 😐

It is a shame one of the many great things about IL2 was the ease you could host co-op's dogfights it helped make that game one of the Best flight Sims ever made. I know now things are more complex with triggers and translators and all that stuff, it's a shame you could not put all that jazz in an easy to operate server. I also have been trying to learn the mission editor and have tried to put up a dog fight server with no luck.  I have the Dserver set up on a separate HD from my main game different account it's is just not worth the time to try and get it up and running. I give up... Everything I read and try doesn't work I wish the Dev's would show some video attention to help all of us stranded out here in the cold on how to get this thing up and running.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Thad said:

Hi, just wondering..... did your login or run Your DServer IL2.exe?

Exit it and then run DServer with your desired mission.

Then run your Normal IL2 game and go to multiplayer to check your server.

Ok you lost me on the second question,  how do you exit the dserver then run the mission? I must of missed something... 

I had this issue, server with mission up and nobody could join and I found that the problem was the mission itself. It worked in previous versions but not now even after resaving, I don't know yet why. Try to change the .sds file to host one of the stock missions and give it a try.

The  most common problems arise with ports, firewalls, connections... then the .sds file configuration, the mission files location and sometimes it is the mission itself that doesn't work properly.

• Like 1

Thank You/  I got a dogfight mission file from the internet/ did NOT start the Dserver on my other account just fired up the game/multiplayer/create new server/ dogfight/ started flying and then two other people joined? I am very confused at the moment did not think I could Host and fly from inside my game..  They didn't stick around very long not sure if they did not like the settings but they were able to join and stay around a bit,  I tried to get them into the chat window but got no reply. The name of my Server is VFG Volunteer Fighter Group I will be hosting a df mission on the Kuban Map later today once I get some ground targets placed for both sides and spruce up the airfields a little.  Everyone is welcome but if you come in and are able to join and fly as a small favor just type anything into the chat doesn't matter what just let me know that your there would be awesome...… 

can someone try joining my server when you get a chance to see if can join :) please

it's under dogfight. just look for my name "Haunterhero"

Edited by HaunterHero

32 minutes ago, HaunterHero said:

can someone try joining my server when you get a chance to see if can join :) please

it's under dogfight. just look for my name "Haunterhero"

Could connect and mission files were downloaded, but after the red bottom bar was completed (ran to the right, all red) it dropped me back to the Multiplayer screen...

1 minute ago, DD-FT- said:

Could connect and mission files were downloaded, but after the red bottom bar was completed (ran to the right, all red) it dropped me back to the Multiplayer screen...

thanks,

back to the the investigation, I have pretty much ruled out port forwarding as the problem. ill have to try something else😢 

OK!

I tried something within the game. so, let's try again. once again I have started up the server under dogfight/ haunterhero

I also want to ask for anyone who has your own server working: from the options menu/multiplayer: Do you have an ip under "use IP" or is that blank? also, how many IP addresses are available under "available IP"?

IT WORKED!!!!!

I FOUND THE FIX!!!!

If connecting players are getting kicked back to the selection screen, without an error message and the mission is not the issue, you need to do the following: in game go to Options/multiplayer. you will see "available IP" and "Use IP" If you have 2 IPs under "available IPs" you MUST click under "use IP" and manually type the correct IP you are on. The blank for it is transparent so just click beneath it and start typing.

My guess is that the game will just use the first IP that it has on the list, which might be the wrong one. let everyone know and put this FIX in any forum that doesn't have it.

On 1/7/2019 at 12:34 PM, JimTM said:

Did you try resaving the mission?

You should probably add this Fix to the manual. this will save a lot of headache.

Edited by HaunterHero
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HaunterHero said:

IT WORKED!!!!!

I FOUND THE FIX!!!!

If connecting players are getting kicked back to the selection screen, without an error message and the mission is not the issue, you need to do the following: in game go to Options/multiplayer. you will see "available IP" and "Use IP" If you have 2 IPs under "available IPs" you MUST click under "use IP" and manually type the correct IP you are on. The blank for it is transparent so just click beneath it and start typing.

My guess is that the game will just use the first IP that it has on the list, which might be the wrong one. let everyone know and put this FIX in any forum that doesn't have it.

You should probably add this Fix to the manual. this will save a lot of headache.

Great!

Questions for HaunterHero:

• Are you creating your server from inside IL-2 or do you run a DServer?
  • Is your IP solution meant to be applied only by the person setting up the server (I assume that's the case) or is it for everyone using the server?

Questions for anyone: 

• Under what conditions would multiple IPs show up on the Available IP addresses list in IL-2?
  • Can you confirm that if multiple IP addresses are listed and you do not specify an IP address under Use IP, IL-2 uses the first IP address under Available IP addresses?

Please, DServer, no manual? server rules?

When I try hosting with DServer:

I get a message "name violates server rules 4) or 5)".

I can host sample missions. But I put in missions that absolutely work if I host them, don't work and give that message if I try to start them with DServer.

What are these rules, and how do people fix these problems.

Thanx!

Ram

Also, I have two computers, one to play and another to host. Yes, I have official keys for each.

Edited by AKA_Ramstein
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AKA_Ramstein said:

Please, DServer, no manual? server rules?

Chapter 11, pg. 167 in editor manual.

Part Five, pg. 66 in editor guide.

6 hours ago, JimTM said:

Great!

Questions for HaunterHero:

• Are you creating your server from inside IL-2 or do you run a DServer?
  • Is your IP solution meant to be applied only by the person setting up the server (I assume that's the case) or is it for everyone using the server?

Questions for anyone: 

• Under what conditions would multiple IPs show up on the Available IP addresses list in IL-2?
  • Can you confirm that if multiple IP addresses are listed and you do not specify an IP address under Use IP, IL-2 uses the first IP address under Available IP addresses?

I had only created one inside IL-2, but I assume Dserver uses those same settings.

yes, only the host is required to do this.

I think if you have multiple PCs connected to the same network or possibly if you created a statc IP this can happen but I haven’t tested that.

In my case the first IP was the wrong one which is why I made that assumption, but hopefully someone can confirm.

• Thanks 1

Jim, if someone were to go into their startup.cfg, and under network settings edit to something like this:

[KEY = network]
    available_ip = "[object Object]"
    client_download_traflimit = 10240
    client_ip = "123.123.12.12"
    client_upload_traflimit = 10240
    downloader_port = 28100
    server_download_traflimit = 0
    server_upload_traflimit = 0
    tcp_port = 28000
    udp_port = 28000

then they will end up with use ip and available ip.

I did not mess with the "object Object" part, but am curious as to what it does....

the line should read client_ip = ""

Edited by WWSitttingDuck

34 minutes ago, WWSitttingDuck said:

Jim, if someone were to go into their startup.cfg, and under network settings edit to something like this:

[KEY = network]
    available_ip = "[object Object]"
    client_download_traflimit = 10240
    client_ip = "123.123.12.12"
    client_upload_traflimit = 10240
    downloader_port = 28100
    server_download_traflimit = 0
    server_upload_traflimit = 0
    tcp_port = 28000
    udp_port = 28000

then they will end up with use ip and available ip.

I did not mess with the "object Object" part, but am curious as to what it does....

the line should read client_ip = ""

Thanks. I tried entering an IP in IL-2 under Use IP and I noticed that it changes the client_ip value in startup.cfg when you close the game.

I would like to determine the scenarios where you would get multiple IPs under Available IP addresses so that I can provide more detail for my troubleshooting entry. I guess the extra detail is not critical though.

Edited by JimTM

hmm,,,that's interesting. 

I did not have use ip in my mp settings until I edited that line in startup.cfg, all that was there was available ip, and it could not be changed.  Even thou I changed my startup.cfg back, I still have a use ip box in mp settings. It is blank, but I can edit the box.

3 hours ago, JimTM said:

Thanks. I tried entering an IP in IL-2 under Use IP and I noticed that it changes the client_ip value in startup.cfg when you close the game.

I would like to determine the scenarios where you would get multiple IPs under Available IP addresses so that I can provide more detail for my troubleshooting entry. I guess the extra detail is not critical though.

I can try running a test when I get back to my computer since I have 2 but I have no idea why 2 have appeared for sure.

Message #2 your connection to the Master Server list has been lost No internet connection: Every time I try to host when the map loads I get this Message I do not have any internet problems I am online checked and rechecked firewall router ports.   Has any one had this issue before?

On 1/11/2019 at 7:49 PM, JimTM said:

I'm currently being offered 192.168.48.1, 192.168.71.1 and 192.168.1.74. My actual local area network IP is the last one, the first two are VMware virtual adapter IP addresses. I have VMware installed because I'm testing on a VM while developing my missions.

The weird thing is two of my maps run perfectly while being in this configuration, but one map from a friend that I am trying to host is kicking me back to the Co-op/Dogfight screen every time.

I entered the IP on my client, and it didn't fix the problem. I checked and the VMware server only thinks it has one IP. I put it into startup.cfg on the server and restarted dserver, still hasn't fixed the problem.

I'm a bit stuck. Missions that I have authored myself seem to be served fine, missions from a friend load OK but then I get this "kicks you back to Co-op/Dogfight" every time. The only thing I'm changing on dserver is the actual .mission selected in rotation. Seems very weird.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alonzo said:

I'm currently being offered 192.168.48.1, 192.168.71.1 and 192.168.1.74. My actual local area network IP is the last one, the first two are VMware virtual adapter IP addresses. I have VMware installed because I'm testing on a VM while developing my missions.

The weird thing is two of my maps run perfectly while being in this configuration, but one map from a friend that I am trying to host is kicking me back to the Co-op/Dogfight screen every time.

I entered the IP on my client, and it didn't fix the problem. I checked and the VMware server only thinks it has one IP. I put it into startup.cfg on the server and restarted dserver, still hasn't fixed the problem.

I'm a bit stuck. Missions that I have authored myself seem to be served fine, missions from a friend load OK but then I get this "kicks you back to Co-op/Dogfight" every time. The only thing I'm changing on dserver is the actual .mission selected in rotation. Seems very weird.

Thanks for the information. Sorry I can't assist you further, but that will take a better network mind than mine.

6 hours ago, Alonzo said:

I once tried running Dserver in Hyper-V virtual machine. It didn't work. Dserver starts up fine, but I couldn't connect. Didn't have the patience nor the time to troubleshoot the issue.

7 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

I once tried running Dserver in Hyper-V virtual machine. It didn't work. Dserver starts up fine, but I couldn't connect. Didn't have the patience nor the time to troubleshoot the issue.

It's working pretty great in VMware, once I did the port forwarding on my router. But now I have this weirdness where two maps that I authored work fine, but a third map from a friend (which I have loaded and re-saved using my mission editor) does not work. Definitely a head-scratcher.