Jump to content

Jasta 5 Flying Circus Flugpark Server


J5_Matthias-Sch27b

Recommended Posts

J99_Sizzlorr
7 hours ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

Had great time last sunday, thanks for the missions @J99_Sizzlorr !

I think AI should not spawn when there is enough players, otherwise there are server overload messages. It can be done in ME - the example is berloga.

It would be nice if you can land and RRR on the fake aerodomes near airstarts.

I wish that AA guns stop firing when friendly airplanes are near enemies, but this can't be done in ME I think.

We are still working on an AI soloution.

It is hard to land and takeoff there so I don't really see the need for that.

It could be done but it would be messy.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
US213_Talbot

Hey man, last night we saw what appeared to be an AI pfalz flying a pattern at roughly 100 - 200m around the south central balloon. Was just doing one big circle around it. I thought it was a player because it was so far out of the circle.

 

Also, do you guys plan on having morning evening versions in rotation too?

Edited by US93_Talbot
Link to post
Share on other sites
J99_Sizzlorr
1 hour ago, US93_Talbot said:

Hey man, last night we saw what appeared to be an AI pfalz flying a pattern at roughly 100 - 200m around the south central balloon. Was just doing one big circle around it. I thought it was a player because it was so far out of the circle.

 

Also, do you guys plan on having morning evening versions in rotation too?

 

This Pfalz has orders to protect the balloon. In the current mission there is Dogfight AI, that will not leave the circle in the middle and there is AI protecting some of the frontline targets. Two diffrent sets of AI. The plan is to deactivate the dogfight AI when a certain number of players joined the server, and if the playerbase increases further the target protecting AIs also gets deactivated. Yesterday we made some progress with the remote console. Thanks to @J2_NobiWan and his programming skills I am sure we will have something working soon to automate the acivating and deactivating of AI in dependency of player numbers.

 

If all things are tested and approved we will expand the mission with further versions. There is no point in doing it now, because when there is a bug I have to work on all versions and the workflow increasess exponentially. As I am the only person working on the missions this would be too much to handle for me. When the recipie is ready I will cook some more versions for you, including diffrent day times, weather and even a 1917 vesrion. The plan is to also include different parts of the frontline. But this will take some time until we have some more tests and feedback on the current design. And we know there are no show stoppers. Maintaining more than one mission is currently not possible for me because of real life stuff.

Edited by J99_Sizzlorr
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
J2_Trupobaw

The stats page is not registering missions from yesterday and later.

Possibly related to game version change?

Edited by J2_Trupobaw
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J2_Bidu said:

Something odd. My awards increased to Entente 2nd Lieutenant after two Halberstadt missions... 🤔

Hmm a SPY a

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
J5_Baeumer

@J2_Bidu
awards are based on your preferred coalition (side), so if you have about 2/3 of your flight hours Entente and then fly Central and trigger an award while flying Central, you will get the Entente award, in this case for flight hours on a virtual life.  You and everyone can see on your pilots page on the parser that your flight hours are such that the parser has assigned you to Entente coalition.

Edited by J5_Baeumer
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, J5_Baeumer said:

@J2_Bidu
awards are based on your preferred coalition (side), so if you have about 2/3 of your flight hours Entente and then fly Central and trigger an award while flying Central, you will get the Entente award, in this case for flight hours on a virtual life.  You and everyone can see on your pilots page on the parser that your flight hours are such that the parser has assigned you to Entente coalition.

 

Hmmm... I would probably prefer some segregation of that, like it's done with medals.

 

Just a quick note: some or all awards images seem to be down on the stats server (can't be sure, caching may be at play).

Link to post
Share on other sites
J5_Baeumer

In addition to the IC game updates from earlier this week, we have just completed a week long major upgrade to the server platform supporting the Flugpark Servers.   It involved software upgrades to current standards from software over ten years old.  In addition we used the opportunity to add a second parser for the icons on Flugpark II training server.  The Flugpark II server/parser will have a award system similar to the Flugpark I except that it will not have the more prestigious higher level virtual life awards  such as the Distinguished Service Order and Pour le Merite (Blue Max) and higher.  Those will be exclusive to, and must be earned on, the full-real Flugpark I server.

The upgrade went extremely well, and all parser data migrated over without loss.  There are still a few details to attend to such as getting the Flugpark 1 showing on the barans site.   Unfortunately the parser stopped showing active players on the parser main page several weeks ago (probably something to do with the master server connection to the parser software beyond our control).  We will be working to reestablish the listing on the barans server list ASAP, but that has sometimes proven to take some time.

Thanks for your patience, support and participation on the Flugpark.  We also hope to create a new landing webpage for the Flugpark Servers that will have links to the parsers and have other interesting info on it associated with the parser(s) and servers.   Stay tuned for more information the design of that landing page.

Please join me in thanking J5_Matthias who did most of the heavy technical lifting during the upgrade while I was able to fill in a few needed gaps here and there along the way.   With the upgrades, we should have a solid platform for the Flugpark servers for several years to come.

  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
J5_Baeumer

@J2_Bidu

3 hours ago, J2_Bidu said:

Just a quick note: some or all awards images seem to be down on the stats server (can't be sure, caching may be at play).

 

Thank you for reporting.  Fixed.  :)  Everybody's shiny things are polished and placed back where they belong!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
J2_Drookasi
1 hour ago, J5_Baeumer said:

Please join me in thanking J5_Matthias who did most of the heavy technical lifting during the upgrade while I was able to fill in a few needed gaps here and there along the way.   With the upgrades, we should have a solid platform for the Flugpark servers for several years to come.

 

Thank you Matthias!

:clapping:

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently saw some very cool weather while flying on the Combat Box Friday Night Flights. Two layers of clouds, one 2km and one at 4km. Not only was it absolutely gorgeous to fly through, it also presented interesting tactical choices. @J99_Sizzlorr I know you're still testing and working on the mission mechanics and aren't doing variations yet, but I would love to see some dual-layer clouds on the Flugpark. One layer of clouds just below the photo recons and one layer just above them would be amazing.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, US93_Talbot said:

I posted about it in flug discord. I think sketch said it was clouds number 9?

number9...number9...number9...number9......

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
J99_Sizzlorr
7 hours ago, NO.20_D_McGoun said:

number9...number9...number9...number9......

There is no difference between you guys and my 2nd class  at school 😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
J30_von_Hammer

That was a fun on Katori87 (page 25 post). I had the gun bug that day. Every time i got into a fight, after about 150 rounds, guns just quit. I had that a long time ago once. So, pistol came out and did what I could. I saw my one round poof into your plane. 

Edited by J30_von_Hammer
clarification to address specific post
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
US103_Parsons

Is any one getting the #10017 error when they try to get into your sever. I can't get in since the last up date …..Sigh like I really wanted another 109.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, US103_Parsons said:

Is any one getting the #10017 error when they try to get into your sever. I can't get in since the last up date …..Sigh like I really wanted another 109.

YUP flushed my dogfight folder still get same error

Link to post
Share on other sites
J2_NobiWan

Had the same error, went to FlugPark II server to check and it loaded without problems. Back to the main FlugPark server and now it loaded also without problem...

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
US213_Talbot

You guys really need to venture out more with the clouds. You could run the same map over and over but with different cloud cover and you'd have completely different feeling maps.

 

 

2020-11-24-5-30-13.png


2020-11-24-5-34-39.png


2020-11-24-5-15-40.png


2020-11-24-5-15-50.png

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
J99_Sizzlorr
3 hours ago, US93_Talbot said:

You guys really need to venture out more with the clouds. You could run the same map over and over but with different cloud cover and you'd have completely different feeling maps.

We have two map versions, both with different cloud settings. One version with cloud set number 9 like you wanted...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J99_Sizzlorr said:

We have two map versions, both with different cloud settings. One version with cloud set number 9 like you wanted...

head_in_the_cloud.jpg.8201bd058c8e04a5ce7a879383fe3fca.jpg   Yea  Baby

Link to post
Share on other sites
J5_Klugermann
12 hours ago, US93_Talbot said:

You guys really need to venture out more with the clouds. You could run the same map over and over but with different cloud cover and you'd have completely different feeling maps.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by J5_Klugermann
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
US213_Talbot
11 hours ago, J99_Sizzlorr said:

We have two map versions, both with different cloud settings. One version with cloud set number 9 like you wanted...

I think I joined it and they pretty much look the same as before. 

 

The first two pics up there are in the "heavy" category and I think its on "winter" mode which is why its so blue. The last pics are in the "overcast" category. I don't know how to get the "dual layer" effect though which is what I really want.

Edited by US93_Talbot
Link to post
Share on other sites
CfC=76SQN-FatherTed

Personally I would prefer taller clouds (as a variation) rather than a higher okta-count.  I don't if such a thing is possible, and if it is how much of a load it puts on the server (a lot, I imagine).

Link to post
Share on other sites
J5_Baeumer

It's nice when the main topic of discussion moves on from the past several months to what clouds mission builders are using!   

 

We will continue to experiememt.  Keep the ideas coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sketch was wrong! Or he was drunk, but either way, those awesome clouds we saw on that one mission from the 6th was NOT clouds number 9. It was 03_heavy_08.  I gave it a try in the mission editor, and it was beautiful. In this test, I set the cloud base to 1500m with a 2000m cloud height, since the default settings are even higher than the recon missions fly.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1PL-Husar-1Esk
On 11/25/2020 at 9:21 PM, J5_Klugermann said:

Hopefully the new clouds won't break the wings.

or jamm ailerons rods 

Link to post
Share on other sites
US213_Talbot
2 hours ago, kotori87 said:

Sketch was wrong! Or he was drunk, but either way, those awesome clouds we saw on that one mission from the 6th was NOT clouds number 9. It was 03_heavy_08.  I gave it a try in the mission editor, and it was beautiful. In this test, I set the cloud base to 1500m with a 2000m cloud height, since the default settings are even higher than the recon missions fly.

 

@J99_Sizzlorr

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...