Han

Developer Diary 213 - Discussion

1 minute ago, Han said:
Hello everybody,

So, this is the end of 2018. It was a very interesting year for us, it brought many new, but long-awaited changes and improvements to the project.

For the main project, Bodenplatte, we're working on several new aircraft at once. Having completed the implementation of the air compressibility and significant improvements to the damage model (they are already in the public version of the sim), our Lead Engineer is creating the physical model of the jet engine for Me 262. Of course, this work opens up the possibility to widen our aircraft pool in the future.

Our partner Ugra Media makes the new WWI aircraft for Flying Circus - Fokker D.VII, Fokker D.IIF and Sopwith Dolphin. They'll start the work on the Arras area map (1918) soon.

The new tanks for Tank Crew that are being made by our partner Digital Forms are more than half complete already: M4A2, T-34 mod. 1943, PzKpfw IV Ausf.G and PzKpfw III Ausf.M. Meanwhile, we're making the map of the southern part of the Kursk salient ourselves.

The detailed buildings tech that includes higher detailed 3D models and the physics of their destruction is nearly finished and we had a bit of time to make this short video for you:

To complete this Dev Diary, we'd like to show you some screenshots. First, here is the finished Fw 190 D-9 cockpit. Also, the community enthusiast Martin =ICDP= Catney upped default and official P-47 skins to 4K quality:

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 12
  • Thanks 8
  • Upvote 3

Thank you.

Great to see the bulged version.

190_1.jpg

Edited by sevenless
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Everything looks great!:salute:

Thanks to the guy who took the time to improve the P-47 skins! 4K is a must!!!

I really hope next year bring us a reduction in the current insane multiplayer lag on full or near full server. :dash:

It wasn't nearly that bad before but then updates came and everything started "working as intended" lol.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy
  • Thanks 1

2018 was a fantastic year for the sim. Thank you for all the hard work you're putting in to make this game better with every single patch. Have a great new year!

• Upvote 6

Looking mighty fine!!

Tank crew will be a lot of fun, no doubt. I look forward to the crew models being implemeted in the tanks! Destructible environments will add a lot to close quarters combat.

Regarding the Dora, looks wonderful. Im curious about the history of that red underside. I read a bit about who did it but does not explain why they chose such a bright color.

Finally, the P47 deserves to have defaukt 4K skins, so thanks a lot ICDP for bringing them up to the detail level they deserve.

Happy holidays and happy new year to everyone, especially the dev team!!!

• Like 1

You guys are truly incredible! Have a restful New Years Eve. You've earned it.

31 minutes ago, Juri_JS said:

Is that the EZ 42 gunsight I see in the Fw-190D?

Yes, its gonna be optional.

Revi 16B is by default.

PS: as well as two versions of canopyes  - flat one and bulged.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 11

7 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Regarding the Dora, looks wonderful. Im curious about the history of that red underside. I read a bit about who did it but does not explain why they chose such a bright color.

Great work Developers, thanks a million!

To offer an answer to @Jade_Monkey the undersides were painted bright red for a special "Protection Flight" that covered the take offs for the ME262 Jet. The undersides were painted bright so that the home AAA knew not to shoot them, a recognition type of thing. I'm sure someone more knowledgable than me can give a more in depth explanation.

Kind Regards,

MDS1

• Upvote 2

the D-9 is looking absolutely fantastic - can't wait to fly it!

21 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

8 minutes ago, MDS1 said:

To offer an answer to @Jade_Monkey the undersides were painted bright red for a special "Protection Flight" that covered the take offs for the ME262 Jet. The undersides were painted bright so that the home AAA knew not to shoot them, a recognition type of thing. I'm sure someone more knowledgable than me can give a more in depth explanation.

Kind Regards,

MDS1

you're right, the JV44 was also called "Papageienstaffel" (Parrot Squadron) due to the extraordinarily paint bellys of their D-9s and D-11s.

if I am not mistaken, some of these fancy paint FWs were also used to defend important infrastructure, such as railways and production sites, even

Edited by EpeeNoire
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, smink1701 said:

First one in!  Nice way to end the year!!!

By a hair. Dammit. :)

We’ll we be able to see our crew body and pilot body soon as an option? Thanks for the update and happy new year!

Will the new Air Marshall feature be sharing interface/technology from the tank commander/platoon commander feature from Tank Crew to allow for combined arms action?

• Upvote 1

Great update! Thanks for all the hard work. I’m really looking forward to Tank Crew’s development. That video was amazing!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to the 1CGS team! Great way to end the year with an update covering the whole scale of development. I have to pinch myself and remember that these destructible buildings are a feature in a flight sim title rather than a FPS game or something "more dedicated" to the ground experience. That it can be made to work plus have that wider scale of combat in the air across a 100km x 100km map is just impressive to me.

Also, that D-9 is gorgeous!

Well done folks!

• Like 1

Wow! the new damage model for buildings is beyond my expectations!

What a fantastic work you have done! 

Finally we can satisfy our destruction impulse!

Thank you so much for what you have done and what you are doing. You are such a fantastic team.

Have a wonderful new eve, and all the best for 2019 and beyond!

Hi all,

I guess I would have to start to strictly apply the rules when talking about this topics. Third time in a row that people start posting totally unrelated stuff.

These are DD topics,  not general discussions ones so discuss the DD or I will delete your post.

Haash

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Quick remark on the paintshop of planes of the "Sachsenberg Schwarm"

190_2.jpg

According to "Doras of the Galland Circus" by Jerry Crandall the planes (all four, red 1, 3, 4 and 13) looked like this from beneath:

JV44-Sachsenberg.jpg

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, =FB=VikS said:

Yes, its gonna be optional.

Revi 16B is by default.

PS: as well as two versions of canopyes  - flat one and bulged.

Dora looks FANTASTIC. Have a question - will be two types of canopies as option for Fw-190A-8 too?

Happy New Year guys!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3