Developer Diary 213 - Discussion

Han

TheBlackPenguin

Happy New Year!

3 hours ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

Arado Ar234 would be awesome! 😍

and a Meteor :). At least online I would hope our own side won't shoot us down...

-=PHX=-SuperEtendard
2 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Great update for the P-47 skins! Are the Fw 190 D-9 skins going to be 4K as well? They look like they are. 

I think so, in one of the first images posted of the D-9 there was some text showing in the wheel cover and I think it's 4K since it was pretty readable.

190_1.jpg

scotsmanFlyingscotsman

Happy New Year to all the team and thank you for your efforts, see you next year

photos are excellent

Happy New Year and a bit later Merry Christmas to all of the development team stachanovites. You have more than fulfilled the production targets of this year: you are making the goals of the five-year plan look almost attainable!

Ahh Dora. And Me262 is coming! Thank you Han and guys. Happy New year to you and now is the time for some festive drinking. I hope.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Devs, thanks for the DD :)
A small thing that caught my attention was the Hurricane is noted on the D-9's gun sight... did the LW really expect to run into those so late in the war?

I'm more amazed in the tank video that when the kv turret moves the sun glint can be seen on the rear periscope. I love those little details.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Particularly enjoyed the KV-1 driving through someone's outside kharzi at 1.22:biggrin:

That made me grin too.  I almost expected to see a soldier come dashing out at the last moment, with that pants-half-full running animation.  :)

Great update and probably the best looking destruction effects that I've seen on a tank sim.  I'll look forward to hearing more about the gameplay in the new year.  

• Upvote 1

-=PHX=-SuperEtendard
1 hour ago, HBPencil said:

A small thing that caught my attention was the Hurricane is noted on the D-9's gun sight... did the LW really expect to run into those so late in the war?

Apparently yep
A19601563000CP05.jpg

Or they just needed a filler so the table ended up nice and simmetrical, wouldn't surprise me of them Germans :P

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

The destruction models in the video look great. At 01:27 after hitting the house the brick chimney stays partially intact. Nice detail.

A nice thouch would be if some broken furniture etc. is visible here and there.

At the same time though I would like to know what happens with the haystacks when a tank rushes through them.

In the background I faintly hear dogs barking just like in the flight sim. If I were the German tank commander I would first drive through those sheds to make it stop. :P

6./ZG26_Gielow
13 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Just buildings we have built for TC map for close quarter combat with tanks. But they can be added to other maps in the ME.

Jason

Great to see this new tech added to game :salute:

I am really disappointed with first person shooters  that never implemented this tech to their titles,  totally killing the firefight  immersion when a tank cannot blow up a house and have to shoot through windows to kill infantry inside for example. 

Well done again Devs !!

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow

SYN_Haashashin

Hi all,

Post only DD related posts. Anything not related to this DD will be deleted. And since when I post people seems not to read I will start applying the rules from now on. Off topic is against the rules so...

Next will be locking the topic.

Haash

• 1CGS
19 часов назад, sevenless сказал:

Quick remark on the paintshop of planes of the "Sachsenberg Schwarm"

190_2.jpg

According to "Doras of the Galland Circus" by Jerry Crandall the planes (all four, red 1, 3, 4 and 13) looked like this from beneath:

JV44-Sachsenberg.jpg

You see "RED 13"  W.Nr. 210240 Jv44 may 1945   on our screenshot

image.png.b6adf5727f4f3b9a163be740da54fb95.png

image.thumb.png.85a155a2353534fa046b599c54c832f7.png

page 98 -100 ,  The- Focke Wulf Fw 190 Dora Volume Two by Jerry Crandall 2009

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

Hi all

Could it be possible to have a screenshot from the 190D-9 seen from above. I would be glad , as I find the "beule" of the  weapon cowl to be a little bit on the fat side or wonderbra look...or is it just me ?

As for the paint scheme, the underside of each aircraft from the "papagai" staffel were different . The general scheme and colours were the same of course but the manner in which the white bands were painted and arranged varied according to the " Field artist's mood". These aircraft were not factory delivered in those schemes. The goal was to make them immediately recognizable by the FLAK units too zealous triggers and not to make them necessarily beautiful !  Also there were variations on the wings /fuselages crosses.

Anyway a very interesting theme for all the talented skinners here !

Big thanks to the devs and Happy new Year to all of them.

Madcop

• 1CGS
19 hours ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

What these markings mean?

image.png.d3bba84556e8dc879728c54e12d4435d.png

its a speed limits vs altitude (taken from available photos of D-9/13 cockpit)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Phil_Avdeyev said:

You see "RED 13"  W.Nr. 210240 Jv44 may 1945   on our screenshot

image.png.b6adf5727f4f3b9a163be740da54fb95.png

image.thumb.png.85a155a2353534fa046b599c54c832f7.png

page 98 -100 ,  The- Focke Wulf Fw 190 Dora Volume Two by Jerry Crandall 2009

Hi Phil, ah I see. That is were both publications differ then. Please see Red 13 from above publication on page 40:

Red 13.jpg

also I just realised your book has the WNr wrong:

WNR Red 13.jpg

Edited by sevenless
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

That made me grin too.  I almost expected to see a soldier come dashing out at the last moment, with that pants-half-full running animation.  :)

Great update and probably the best looking destruction effects that I've seen on a tank sim.  I'll look forward to hearing more about the gameplay in the new year.  

I second that! So far I have have not started on my TC, but those destruction effects just make me want to smash things up.

Thanks for the Year end DD, 2019 is looking good for the game! 

• 1CGS
35 minutes ago, Madcop said:

Hi all

Could it be possible to have a screenshot from the 190D-9 seen from above. I would be glad , as I find the "beule" of the  weapon cowl to be a little bit on the fat side or wonderbra look...or is it just me ?

There was some in dev update 207, or you mean smh else?

• Like 1

Wow, really a very nice DD! I can't wait to use the new tanks and planes. Especially the 4k variants of the P-47 let me melt away.

The Dora is a class of its own and already the choice of canopys and sights makes me hot on this warbird!
I would have a question about the Dora. Will we have ammunition counters for all on-board weapons, or will it remain at one, as on the Dev picture ?

I wish all a nice start into the new year with this great news! 😄

kitsunelegend

Hot damn those building destruction physics are so good! ❤️

Also, pumped for more of those BoBP planes! Need me my sexy Mustangs and 262s ❤️

On a bit of a side note, is there any news regarding the addition of the C-47/Li-2? I love transportation aircraft, especially those that fly in active combat zones. Those pilots have balls of steel! Would love to get my favorite aircraft the C-47 into the game, and make some D-Day inspired missions for them. Lots of flak, lots of planes, and hopefully lots of fun ^-^

• Like 2

Will there be any support for having the tanks in the viewer application?

And for the tanks to have the same skin directory system as the planes in the sim so that you wouldn't need to overwrite any default skins?

It's necessary for tank skinning to be accessible and simplistic in application.

2 hours ago, =FB=VikS said:

There was some in dev update 207, or you mean smh else?

Hi Viks

Thank-you… stupid me !

Forgot these ones. It's ok now , very well rendered three pieces Mimetall Erfurt Factory cowl !

As I said it was "just me ". :blush:

I agree with you , CUJO :

I have been seeing the  4 3D model of the FW190 D9 again and  all the details I have realized that are very good developed , all the accurated reliefs of the curves of the exterior canopy cabin , engine escapes  and the cockpit are very nice & ‘modern’.

I am really Impressed , It would be fascinating !

Very nice job development Team ! Thank you very much !

Edited by RAY-EU
  • Upvote 1

Just now, MrFies said:

Dear Devs, 

why are 3 of the 4  Ammo Counters are missing ? ;D 

cause it's not finished? if it was finished we all would be flying it :P

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, FlyingNutcase said:

The extra details with the building modelling will make ground pounding extra good on these tank maps. 🙂

One thing really stood out but no one else has commented on it: The town in the P47 shot below looks extra delicious. Is this with the current public map tech? It seems to be way better then we have now. Maybe it's a graphics card/settings thing but I haven't experienced that degree of near photo-realism before. 

town.thumb.JPG.eb52549b29fd723732cb06e0c4540fb8.JPG

It does look bit better, might be slightly editted. The city is called Tuapse I think. (this is taken at summer, the one above looks like spring)

eoalJZV.png

• Thanks 1

Surprised that no one has mentioned that the Tiger gets it's turret lifted off with the ammo explosion in the KV ambush, looks pretty great. How long will items like portions of destroyed buildings, or components of destroyed tanks remain in the environment before despawning?

StaB/Tomio_VR***

Wish some good holidays to our favorites devs ;)

(Russian people have holidays between 1 and 10 of january...)

BletchleyGeek

I found the video interesting, as it does feel like we are really in a Russian village circa 1943, and it looks like the foundations of a potentially interesting tank sim are set.

But the bit with the KV going through the corner of the log cabin, just like that, was an uncanny valley moment for me. Pieces of houses seem to have the weight of aircraft parts too. Having AFVs through buildings may be fun but it isn't a good thing for tracks, radio antennas or sights. It is marked as work in progress and Tank Crew is not mean to be Spintires, but that kind of unrealistic interactions break immersion and look bad. It is a bit like seeing a Bf-109 clipping the tail of a U2 with its wing, with no ill effect for the former.

I was expecting Tank Crew to be more like Graviteam's Steel Blaze series or even Panzer Elite, but seems that will not be the case.

Happy New Year and thanks for making such an amazing flight sim!

On 12/28/2018 at 4:01 PM, Jade_Monkey said:

Looking mighty fine!!

Tank crew will be a lot of fun, no doubt. I look forward to the crew models being implemeted in the tanks! Destructible environments will add a lot to close quarters combat.

Regarding the Dora, looks wonderful. Im curious about the history of that red underside. I read a bit about who did it but does not explain why they chose such a bright color.

Finally, the P47 deserves to have defaukt 4K skins, so thanks a lot ICDP for bringing them up to the detail level they deserve.

Happy holidays and happy new year to everyone, especially the dev team!!!

Underside was red so there own AA wouldn’t shoot at them.

• 1CGS
19 hours ago, MrFies said:

Dear Devs, 

why are 3 of the 4  Ammo Counters are missing ? ;D 

Hanbuch about armament description states that its should be that way, i think its cause lack of details and ways of simplification of things closer to war end.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Please make the building damage an option for all the maps, including when we strafe or bomb them. Also when will my D9 be available? Great job on a fantastic sim!  I signed on from 2001 on the first version .

Edited by pencon
Because

• Han unpinned this topic