Who lives in London, England???

Jason_Williams

MilAvHistory

Apologies, got out of the office late. Just swung by the Marquess but must have missed you. Hope you guys had a good few rounds 🍻

Edited by MilAvHistory
Just now, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

The warm beer is flowing!

IMG_20181220_193335.jpg

Gents,

I'm really sorry to say that the stuff in the bottle(s) on the table is NOT real ale/beer!

Hopefully Jason had a pint of Speckled-hen or something else more fitting for his visit!

Yard of ale perhaps?

Regards

Edited by Haza
Yard not yarn as that is something totally different!

Hey, it was good to meet you guys. We should do it again sometime at a better time of year! have a great Christmas all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • 1CGS
Jason_Williams

Thanks everyone for meeting up with me before I go home. A successful trip to document the Tempest. And yes, some lukewarm beers. Whats up with that? Sorry I kept sneezing but my cold is out of control. It was fun nonetheless! Covent Garden was a zoo! I'm glad it worked out though. Cheers guys! 

Jason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

Thanks for the pics! Looks like you had an enjoyable meet-up. Who's who (besides Jason) in the photos?

Have a good flight home Jason; hope the cold doesn't make it miserable.

We're one step closer to virtual Tempest heaven.  :)

Cheers!

4 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Check you six guys!

Glad you omitted "pack" in that sentence as barrels perhaps would have been more appropriate! 😏

Only teasing the Poms and the Yank!!

• Haha 1
6./ZG26_Custard
3 hours ago, JimTM said:

Who's who (besides Jason) in the photos?

2 hours ago, LukeFF said:
3 hours ago, JimTM said:

Who's who (besides Jason) in the photos?

I was about to ask the same thing. :) 

IMG_20181221_062911.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

That is Arctander next to Royal Flight

Edit :Was really good to meet you all, see you in the skies !

Edited by =11=Herne
  • Like 2
Manstein16

Budweiser at an English pub? I'm horrified (and I've lived in Missouri!).

in all seriousness, though, neat to see this happen.

sevenless

It is no Budweiser unless it is the real thing from Bohemia. The Anheuser-Busch stuff not even deserves to be called a beer:

budweiser-budvar.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Manstein16 said:

Budweiser at an English pub? I'm horrified (and I've lived in Missouri!).

in all seriousness, though, neat to see this happen.

Shocking I know, but the "tasteless" have to be catered for! ;-) 

SYN_Mike77

LoL:  The first time I went to the UK I was staying with friends in Leeds, one night we went down to their pub and a pint of the local brew (Tetley's?) cost a pound. (it was 2001).  At the same time a 12 oz bottle of Bud was 2 pound 50!  Iwas horrified, and I was born and raised in St. Louis!

Gentlemen,

you all know nothing about beer! The only nation that can actually craft beer is - wait for it, and no it's not Germany nor Switzerland - it is BELGIUM!

If you ever had the chance to try one of those fabulous beers, then you know what I mean. Everything else is - more or less - cow piss!

Out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Voidhunger
6 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Gentlemen,

you all know nothing about beer! The only nation that can actually craft beer is - wait for it, and no it's not Germany nor Switzerland - it is BELGIUM!

If you ever had the chance to try one of those fabulous beers, then you know what I mean. Everything else is - more or less - cow piss!

Out!

No way

sevenless
29 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Gentlemen,

Out!

True. Try Delirium Tremens by Huyghe Brewery from Melle. 8,5% ABV, but be cautious with quantity.

Nomen est Omen!

Edited by sevenless
  • Like 1
LeLv30_Redwing
1 hour ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Gentlemen,

Out!

I wholeheartedly agree, there is no return from this....

140px-Leffe_(Beer).png

Edited by LeLv30_Redwing
spelink
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, LeLv30_Redwing said:

I wholeheartedly agree, there is no return from this....

140px-Leffe_(Beer).png

Yeah! Exactly! That's one of my favorites! - You're the man!

When my battalion redeployed to Germany from Iraq, I promptly went to the post shopette (at 3 in the morning) and bought myself a six-pack of hefeweizen and a package of Twizzlers Pull and Peel licorice. Yum! 😋

On 12/13/2018 at 3:49 PM, Porkins said:

I had to edit my post from highway to roads. I thought highway driving in England was pretty easy. The sheer terror came when I got off the highway and drove the back roads, a drive I assumed would be a piece of cake. Specifically, I was driving from Bovington to Bath. 

I'm on the wrong side of the road (for me), wrong side of the car (with a stick no less), some surprisingly steep grades, and negotiating traffic circles backwards. It was scary stuff. The worst part was the narrowness of the roads and the fact that the "shoulder" was often a series of houses or a stone wall! The roads also felt busy compared to a rural US highway. My wife and kids tell me the countryside on the drive was just lovely, I wouldn't know. I was too busy trying not to kill the whole family. 

Bath, BTW, was wonderful. My wife and I are seriously looking at it as a retirement option someday. Pretty pricey real estate though. Not London pricey, but not cheap! 

You should take a spin on some Irish country roads on a wet winters night with a 40ft artic truck barreling towards you at 60mph and you likewise in the opposite direction. All while a foot or two to your left are earth & stone ditches, trees and hedgerows. This while casually having a conversation with the person beside you, becomes second nature and makes for having good rally drivers.

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1
sevenless
18 minutes ago, Wulfen said:

You should take a spin on some Irish country roads on a wet winters night with a 40ft artic truck barreling towards you at 60mph and you likewise in the opposite direction. All while a foot or two to your left are earth & stone ditches, trees and hedgerows. This while casually having a conversation with the person beside you, becomes second nature and makes for having good rally drivers.

image.jpeg

Reminds me doing the Ring of Kerry and Ring of Beara some years ago with my wife. That was quite an experience.

35 minutes ago, sevenless said:

Reminds me doing the Ring of Kerry and Ring of Beara some years ago with my wife. That was quite an experience.

Good I hope. The Beara Peninsula beats the Ring of Kerry in my opinion, but anywhere along the Wild Atlantic Way up to Donegal, will provide spectacular views of that age old battle between land and sea.

Great from motorbikes.

Edited by Wulfen
sevenless
20 minutes ago, Wulfen said:

Good I hope. The Beara Peninsula beats the Ring of Kerry in my opinion, but anywhere along the Wild Atlantic Way up to Donegal, will provide spectacular views of that age old battle between land and sea.

Oh yes! The landscape and panorama views you get are simply wonderfull. We were there in june and had quite good sunny weather, but as a german driving on the wrong side of the road with that small roads...well my wife constantly was in fear of producing scratches from bushes to the left side of the rental car with me driving. LOL she and the car survived it unharmed 😁

We definitively plan to visit the area again somewhen the next years.

Trooper117
5 hours ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Gentlemen,

Out!

Chimay Blue... my favourite beer of all time!

• Like 1
Gambit21
4 hours ago, LukeFF said:

When my battalion redeployed to Germany from Iraq, I promptly went to the post shopette (at 3 in the morning) and bought myself a six-pack of hefeweizen and a package of Twizzlers Pull and Peel licorice. Yum! 😋

Ummm...please tell that’s because they didn’t have Red Vines or we can never be friends.

• Haha 1
216th_Cat
54 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Ummm...please tell that’s because they didn’t have Red Vines or we can never be friends.

"Red Vines Original Red Twists are also sometimes referred to as red licorice despite containing no licorice" - wikipedia

I used to sell Dutch Red Liquorice that DID actually have liquorice in it.

If you want the best liquorice buy Italian

If you want the best liquorice sweets buy English

If you want the most interesting liquorice buy Dutch.

And my all-time favourite... Salty Herrings

ROWe0DE.jpg

PS Liquorice or licorice, makes no difference.

:drinks:

Edited by 216th_Cat