Who lives in London, England???

Jason_Williams

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

Hey guys,

Ok I made it to London in one piece. Settling in and getting my bearings. All is on track. Survived my first tube ride.

Please sound off if you are down for Thursday. Looks like Covet Gardens is the fun spot to be, but I’m fine just about anywhere. 

Jason

• Upvote 2

SYN_Haashashin

Have a good one Jason!!

I always visit the Canary Wharf everytime I am at London...being canarian is the a must do if you know our history ;)

Haash

44 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Hey guys,

Ok I made it to London in one piece. Settling in and getting my bearings. All is on track. Survived my first tube ride.

Please sound off if you are down for Thursday. Looks like Covet Gardens is the fun spot to be, but I’m fine just about anywhere. 

Jason

Looks like I might be able to make it after all. Depends on time and location. Covent Garden is fine. As for pubs, I would recommend The White Lion or The Lamb and Flag as frequented by Charles Dickens. Your call Jason. I hope I can make it.

71st_AH_Rob_XR-R

Shame your staying in Kensington, was dull the last time I stayed there, normally I try to stay in Waterloo, even if the clerk books me into the Union Jack Club. 

If you have a few hours, and have never been before, go to the Churchill War Rooms, let it take you back to the summer of 1940 and imagine the air raid sirens. It doesn't take much. When you are done, take a short stroll to the nearby Battle of Britain Memorial and contemplate your next "Battle of" title.

• Like 3

Hope you have a fun and productive stay.  Just don’t mention the American War of Independence.   The British are still super touchy about that. ;)

9 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Hope you have a fun and productive stay.  Just don’t mention the American War of Independence.   The British are still super touchy about that. ;)

The British are not super touchy about the American Rebellion at all - every now and again the French won a round in our long struggle, and this was one of them, even if most Americans either do not know or do not want to know that they were saved by the frogs.

The British (along with everyone else) do get fed up with Americans droning on about freedom (to keep slaves and wipe out the red indians), their constitution (basically a restatement in tiresomely florid prose of our English Common Law) and the being the indispensable country ( the Chinese have other ideas altogether).

Touchy - not a bit, no siree. ;)   

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

That's not what we call it. We call it the 'Thank God we're no longer responsible for them' War.... 😉

It was a little hard to engineer it so we lost.... but we managed it.

3 hours ago, =11=Herne said:

Arctander, myself and perhaps neok if he can make it will be there, just make sure to post wherever there is ;)

Yarp. I'll be there.

Edited by arc_tander
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Hey guys,

Jason

Good to know you have arrived safely and took those first tentative steps outside, hope all goes well and you manage to get the information you need.;)

Enjoy your night out with the lads, I am quite a way up north so unable to come along, maybe another time.:drinks:

Take care, be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

Ok guys,

I was able to explore a little between work projects today. I suggest we meet at Marquess of Anglesey in Convent Garden. It's pretty good size, very casual and wasn't too crowded so should be a decent place to relax and have some beers and/or grub. Meet me there at 6pm or shortly there after if you can make it on this Thursday evening the 20th. It's at the corner of Bow and Russell Streets in Convent Garden. It's not too far from the tube station.

Sound off if you can make it. 

Jason 

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

I'll get there at 6 and hang out for a good bit. If you can make it cool, if not I totally understand. It's a work night and school night for most.

Jason

Decent pub. Or used to be. Haven't been in there for quite a while now. Would love to meet up with everyone but not too likely for me I'm afraid. Have fun, one and all. Cheers.

SAS_Storebror

Have been considering to book a flight just to be there, but had to drop my plans again due to workload here.

Have fun guys and meet you at another occasion.

I'll be in Moscow on the first week in January so if you plan to be there too Jason... ;)

:drinks:

Mike

23 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Ok guys,

I was able to explore a little between work projects today. I suggest we meet at Marquess of Anglesey in Convent Garden. It's pretty good size, very casual and wasn't too crowded so should be a decent place to relax and have some beers and/or grub. Meet me there at 6pm or shortly there after if you can make it on this Thursday evening the 20th. It's at the corner of Bow and Russell Streets in Convent Garden. It's not too far from the tube station.

Sound off if you can make it. 

Jason 

How can you be recognised Jason the folded newspaper or is it the carnation button hole this week?  ;)

LeLv30_Redwing

23 minutes ago, Georgio said:

How can you be recognised Jason the folded newspaper or is it the carnation button hole this week?  ;)

He is from Nevada, check the shoes...🤠

15470-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Edited by LeLv30_Redwing
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Georgio said:

He'll be the one guy in the room that says "dude" in every sentence. :biggrin:

(Of course, I have a tendency to do the same thing. :ph34r: It's an affliction of those originally from SoCal). 

• Haha 1

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

Here I am today back at the RAF museum for more pictures. This is what I’ll look like at the pub tonight. See a couple of you there maybe. I’m also catching a cold so not sure how late I’ll stay out. But I’m good for a couple hours. 

EE0F4411-81E1-4952-9BA3-38878A544FCD.thumb.jpeg.58a33e79c0a2c11c7a3c1f3c8e25141c.jpeg

Jason

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Jason, I'm sure you've seen in the news but someone must have got a drone for an early Christmas present and is using it to shut down Gatwick airport, so the travel chaos may impact your escape from the UK. (Hopefully not though, wishing you a safe trip home for Christmas.)

Ps sorry I can't come, London's a bit too far.

Edited by 71st_AH_Barnacles
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

I’m also catching a cold so not sure how late I’ll stay out. But I’m good for a couple hours.

That'll be using the tube in mid-December! 😅

Just arrived, lively little pub.

Oh and btw had to use stairs at Covent garden underground 15 FLIGHTS !! Good job I need the exercise lol

Just popped next door where there is room to swing a cat 

Edited by =11=Herne

1 minute ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

Lively Indeed, I'm over by the Bow street entrance.

Custard There is a pub next door on bow street. I'm with my son upstairs. Or we will come and meet you once we sup up

4 minutes ago, =11=Herne said:

Custard There is a pub next door on bow street. I'm with my son upstairs. Or we will come and meet you once we sup up

And don't forget to take some photographs of you all - please. Thanks

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

Guys,

The quiet bar I picked is not quiet. It’s super packed. Not sure how to find each other. Look for me inside or outside.

Jason

Ok I found Elena and Custard.

Jason