361ST_SPEKTRE76

P-47 D Skins

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:35 PM, DetCord12B said:

Both the 'Flying Pig' and the 'Sheriff of El Sereno' are done. You know where to find them.

Next up.

wIUlBQp.png

How do you know?

I owned this 1958 Cessna 182A from 2003 to 2013.  This is just after I washed it.  You can see yourself in the side now, but when it's polished you could shave from it.

Cessna_Feb_2010_002.JPG

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:35 PM, DetCord12B said:

Both the 'Flying Pig' and the 'Sheriff of El Sereno' are done. You know where to find them.

Next up.

wIUlBQp.png

How do you know?

I owned this 1958 Cessna 182A from 2003 to 2013.  This is just after I washed it.  You can see yourself in the side now, but when it's polished you could shave from it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, czech693 said:

Cessna_Feb_2010_002.JPG

Thanks for the personal insight. I've read CC and pilot remarks on the alum skins of the P-51, 47, early B-17's and others that reiterated your previous remarks.

For me it's much the same with regards to washing or repainting HMMWV's, MRAPS, or a TOW tube in Iraq or Afghanistan. It's a combat zone. It's not going to happen.

19 minutes ago, -RR-Napoleon- said:

57th FG - 65th FS based at Corsica washing "Wabbit" - Photo Source

I'm not saying it didn't happen, just that the maintenance goals are primarily focused on AD (line maintenance) and less so CACS. That said, this changes depending AOR and it's environmental circumstances, an airframes hard-time, it's time in service etc. 

26 minutes ago, -RR-Napoleon- said:

57th FG - 65th FS based at Corsica washing "Wabbit" - Photo Source

43.jpg

I've just spent 30 mins going through the 57th FG site looking for this picture :dash:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The naked ones are faster and have more payload.  Factory weight & balance on mine listed the paint as 15 lbs.  You can imagine what it weighs on a P-47.  That needs to be in the FM.

Any idea when this skin will be out or if its out? this is just so good... im freaking out! lol! (its a IIN8II skin.) A firm hand shake and a smile to you sir or madam. 

Image2.thumb.jpg.b12e5fe91656d776fc017adb2983ea64.jpg

Edited by Zed4747
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Zed4747 said:

Any idea when this skin will be out or if its out? this is just so good... im freaking out! lol! (its a IIN8II skin.) A firm hand shake and a smile to you sir or madam. 

Image2.thumb.jpg.b12e5fe91656d776fc017adb2983ea64.jpg

The weathering is gorgeous! Great Skin.

On 1/17/2019 at 3:35 AM, DetCord12B said:

Next up.

wIUlBQp.png

I have no idea where to find them sorry. Could you give me a clue please buddy.

As i really like the look of the flying pig skin.

Thanks very much.

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks very much -RR-Napoleon- , your help is appreciated.

EDIT: I did not have "view signatures turned on", what a fool i am. 🤣 🤣

Thank you.

Mike.

Edited by Dogbert1953

Heres a one of a kind fella's...

The Old Buzzard Ass flown by the 512th FS. You have 2 versions one with green zinc chromate or yellow for the wheel wells, you choose which one you like better..Salute!

OB2.jpg

OB.jpg

Download Here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ef075qn5lqa1555/Old_Buzzard.rar/file

Edited by 325th_Bugsy
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Thx 325th_Bugsy, i have all your awesome skins. sometimes i think your the only reason i come to the site lol!:salute:

• Like 1

Alrighty, I am officially comfuzzled.

I have been attempting to create a similar affect to what I am seeing in this thread, some real great work in here guys, Keep it up.

I have looked up tutorials read other threads but I cannot seem to get a matte paint overlay on a polished metal surface. It is clearly possible as many have demonstrated in here. would some one be willing to talk/walk me through it?

I am using Gimp 2.10

Edited by =STP=GolfWhiskey

You have to use the alpha layer for the flat painted look on the plane. I don't use gimp but here's a tut...Any painted surface on the planes, you put in the alpha layer something like this..one of my alphas from a skin I did..Hope it helps ya man!

2heavy-Alpha.jpg

Edited by 325th_Bugsy
  • Like 1

Many thanks and much appreciation for "Bloom's Tomb", 325th_Bugsy.

Mike.

• Like 1

Here ya go Fella's

The "Maggie Hogan", P-47D s/n 42-27317 No.31 flown by Capt.Michael C. McCarthy of the 64th FS, 57th FG, Grosseto, Italy, 1944

I gave you 2 versions of the Maggie Hogan. 1 with the OD Anti-Glare and 1 with the Black Anti-Glare...Salute!

Maggie.jpg

media-25518.jpg

e4ceecf305bd735c10d95767965498c7.jpg

Download Here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0rb7tep05vhz42b/64thFS_Maggie.rar/file

Edited by 325th_Bugsy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Excellent 325th_Bugsy another brilliant paint job.  😎  😎

Thanks very much buddy.

Mike.

@325th_Bugsy Thank you for the tutorial and wonderful repaints. You and others in here do fantastic work! I just started making paints for XPlane 11 but I’m able to access the 3D objects and then throw them in substance painter while importing the normal, mettalic and roghness maps along with the white texture. Too bad it is not possible with this sim, but good thing that PSD files were created! 

I took a long break from combat sims but picked up Bodenplatte so I will try to find some intersting 334th, 335th, and 336th P47’s to paint since I also got two other former squad mates to buy it👍 Hard to find recreated colored art for them.

1 hour ago, 4thFG_Ripper* said:

I took a long break from combat sims but picked up Bodenplatte so I will try to find some intersting 334th, 335th, and 336th P47’s to paint since I also got two other former squad mates to buy it👍 Hard to find recreated colored art for them.

The Fourth definitely had some colorful P-47s with incredible nose art thanks largely to Don Allen. Maybe someday we'll get the razorback version of the P-47 to do them up proper.

• Like 1

Work In Progress... but we couldn't resist taking her out for a spin on "The Unprofessionals" this weekend.

I'm happy to say that Pengie IV is looking pretty decent. 

Spoiler

PengieIV.jpg.67f0e9f529c88bcce7bfc70da15220c0.jpg

So I did some research and unfortunately the 4thFg never flew the P-47D-28 but other variants so producing a livery based on the real aircraft like the Boise Bee would not be historically accurate.  Maybe I will wait for the P-51 instead.

Are most of the repaints in here historically accurate in regards to the P-47D-28? Not sure if I should go ahead. 

FAFD087E-D5D9-46EC-AF25-69EA41E0BEE4.jpeg

Edited by 4thFG_Ripper*

Most of them are, unless the skinner states it when he posts the repaint that it’s non hostorical or fictional 

Edited by 325th_Bugsy

Ok last night I wanted to try and use a skin for the first time. I was able to download it and see it in game. My friend flying with me in MP however could not see the skin I was using. Is this normal? Is it server specific? I was able to see it but he just saw a generic skin.

You both have to have the same skin installed in the correct aircraft folder in your game in order to see the skins