361ST_SPEKTRE76

P-47 D Skins

Merry Christmas everyone,

Here's my latest. It was a post from page 9. The "Amarosa II" P-47D-28 from the 63rd FS, 56th FG. Looking at all of the Photos that were available there are a couple of renditions with the brown on the aircraft and without the brown, So I made both versions. The wheel hubs were redone a bit to show more of the details and the chipped paint around the engine cowling was kept with the aircraft sheet metal showing through. Enjoy guys!

Bugsy-Frame.jpg

media-388462.jpg

1.jpg

Download Here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k4ky9jdx7uomhnc/Amarosa_II.rar/file https://www.mediafire.com/file/k4ky9jdx7uomhnc/Amarosa_II.rar/file

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Here's another for Christmas...lol. This one is also from 362nd Fighter Group, "Chief Seattle flown by Lt. Ray Murphy, a P47-D-28RE.

CS2.jpg

Image1.jpg

Download Here:

OD Anti-Glare

https://www.mediafire.com/file/gc34bigb1rwaa13/362nd_Chief_Seattle_V2.rar/file

Black Anti-Glare

https://www.mediafire.com/file/305d0jhiu5horid/362nd_Chief_Seattle_Black.rar/file

Edited by 325th_Bugsy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 12/13/2018 at 3:13 AM, 325th_Bugsy said:

Bugsy-Frame.jpg

OK Gents,

Here's the skins completely re-done with all areas of paint matted to plane. I think they came out great. Enjoy!

Just download and install and when it asks to overwrite just say "YES".

Download Here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/cjkumj3lancrwg6/Bugsy_Complete_Collection.rar/file

PF2019.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, 392FS_SPEKTRE76 said:

Top right corner brother.

Thanks! And for future clarity is there a layer that I’m not seeing that labels the aircraft parts?

OK Gents

Here's the 2nd 353rd FS P-47D-28 no name just FT-O. This P-47D-28 Thunderbolt was assigned to Capt. Kenneth H. Dahlberg, 353rd Fighter Squadron, Rosières-en-Haye (A-98), France, December 1944.

FTO1.jpg

Download Here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/sp8k3ua5p2fykos/FS_FT_O_v2.rar/file

Edited by 325th_Bugsy
  • Like 2

Anybody know this P-47 and the unit?

Could be a nice skin

P-47 close up.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Heliopause said:

Could be a nice skin

P-47 close up.png

65th Fighter Squadron 57th Fighter Group, flew from Italy.

We already have Wicked Wabbit and Hun Hunter XVI. That pic above seems to be of wicked wabbit, although the lady is much more interesting 🙂

800px-P-47D_Wicked_Rabbit.jpg

They both are in my collection pack of 20 Skins. Link is in post above...👍

Edited by 325th_Bugsy
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2018 at 7:29 PM, Heliopause said:

Could be a nice skin

P-47 close up.png

Well..., there's only one nice skin that I see.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FurphyForum said:

Well..., there's only one nice skin that I see.

LOL

I.m putting in some extra skin :biggrin:

Not sure if these are usable

P-47 factory fresh.png

P-47 profiles I.png

P-47 profiles II.png

OK Fellas

Here's a new one for your collection.

Look No Hands! was flown by  Pilot: Col. Chester L Van Etten 'John Black' P-47D-28 44-227210 'look ! no hands' G9-E 509th FS, 405th.

Enjoy!

I gave you 2 versions one with the full red canopy and the other with OD green front of canopy!

NoHands.jpg

Download Here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fc8yq3v2kyaby2m/Look_No_Hands.rar/file

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Hey Guys, So I went to the Flying Heritage Collection, home of Tallahassee Lassie. I also looked at some color photos and footage of the P-47s and it seems that Zinc Chromate color is more yellow than the one they used in the default skins. I have tried to yellow it up some and I also added the exhaust burns on the gear flap. I wanted to share this with all of you guys making skins. (If this is the wrong place, I apologize)

Spoiler

Aluminum Oxide Color 2.jpgAluminum Oxide Color 2.jpgAluminum Oxide Color.jpg

image0.jpg

Edited by -RR-Napoleon-
Formatting
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, -RR-Napoleon- said:

Hey Guys, So I went to the Flying Heritage Collection, home of Tallahassee Lassie. I also looked at some color photos and footage of the P-47s and it seems that Aluminium Oxide color is more yellow than the one they used in the default skins. I have tried to yellow it up some and I also added the exhaust burns on the gear flap. I wanted to share this with all of you guys making skins. (If this is the wrong place, I apologize)

image0.jpg

Aluminum Oxide Color 2.jpg

Aluminum Oxide Color.jpg

I've done the same with my skins as well, but mines a bit more yellow.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, -RR-Napoleon- said:

Hey Guys, So I went to the Flying Heritage Collection, home of Tallahassee Lassie. I also looked at some color photos and footage of the P-47s and it seems that Aluminium Oxide color is more yellow than the one they used in the default skins. I have tried to yellow it up some and I also added the exhaust burns on the gear flap. I wanted to share this with all of you guys making skins. (If this is the wrong place, I apologize)

Reveal hidden contents

image0.jpg

Aluminum Oxide Color 2.jpg

Aluminum Oxide Color.jpg

May be it depended on the year of the plane and the model I see these are a bit more green...I like both actually...Thanks

detail-p47-10.jpg

detail-p47-11.jpg

Edited by 325th_Bugsy

1 hour ago, 325th_Bugsy said:

May be it depended on the year of the plane and the model I see these are a bit more green...I like both actually...Thanks

I think you are correct Bugsy, I was looking at the P-47D20(somethings) and it seems that the earlier in the war the greener the Zinc Chromate was.

Here is an ARTICLE outlining some trends of colors. An excerpt from the section on the P-47...

"Interiors of P-47 aircraft cowlings were natural metal. The aluminium in this area was anodized giving a darker and very dull grayish appearance. The engine firewall was left unpainted. Engine mounts were primed in Zinc Chromate Green.

All other interior surfaces of the fuselage with exception of the firewall were finished in Zinc Chromate Yellow. This included also wheel wells, undercarriage covers and armament compartments in the wings.

Undercarriage legs were painted Dark Olive Drab 41 on camouflaged aircraft. This practice continued over to at least some natural metal machines. At some point in production the requirement seems to have changed to allow an Aluminium lacquer finish to be used."

Edited by -RR-Napoleon-

4 hours ago, 325th_Bugsy said:

detail-p47-10.jpg

detail-p47-11.jpg

The Zinc Chromate used on this bird is from today’s FAA standards. There are also many different types of anti corrosive coatings made by many different manufacturers across the world. I work in the Aerosoace field as an Engineer. You would have to know the spec or nomenclature if the primer being used and actually see it in person.  

• Thanks 1

Thunderbolt II, KJ348 (previously P-47D-30-RE, serial number 42-20508), flown by Frank Carey, Commander of No.73 OTU, December 1

9_13.jpg

Come on :) you know you want too :)

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, No74_Cheese said:

Thunderbolt II, KJ348 (previously P-47D-30-RE, serial number 42-20508), flown by Frank Carey, Commander of No.73 OTU, December 1

9_13.jpg

Come on :) you know you want too :)

I've done that one.

Posted here:

Edited by Legioneod

Posted (edited)

Two people made that skins already...

Edited by Frenchy56