Han

Developer Diary 210 - Discussion

2 hours ago, Willy__ said:

Cant wait to collect american tears in 1.98ata :cool:

Worry not, that mod will not be available on any of the popular servers, as usual. :)

• Haha 1

Just now, =RvE=Windmills said:

As it should :)

I mean the Thundebolt will have all its bells and whistels available, of course.
Totally as it should be.

Standard procedure as usual.

3 minutes ago, Miller1 said:

I mean the Thundebolt will have all its bells and whistels available, of course.
Totally as it should be.

Standard procedure as usual.

The thunderbolt ran with what it's getting before the K4 ever entered service.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

The thunderbolt ran with what it's getting before the K4 ever entered service.

In fact Thunderbolts (Ms) were running quite a bit more power than this one before 1.98ata showed up with the K-4, with some P-47Ms running as high as 76" (3000hp).

2 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

In fact Thunderbolts (Ms) were running quite a bit more power than this one before 1.98ata showed up with the K-4, with some P-47Ms running as high as 76" (3000hp).

I meant the P-47D. P-47D in the 8th AAF started running 70" in around late summer of 44, maybe even sooner depending on sources and pilot accounts.

But yes, the M was a monster. Fastest P-47 to ever enter service, though not the fastest to ever exist.

Edited by Legioneod

Just now, pfrances said:

FС_Pf_2.jpg

Please tell me those valve rockers move in game!!  😍

They moved in the original RoF didnt they? I'm sure they will here as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

as much as I like the the 1.98 ata variation it would be nice to reduce it in the career.

What about different types of fuel in the career mode, if you run out of higher octane fuel you need to wait for the delivery and you need to fly DB variant.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Voidhunger said:

as much as I like the the 1.98 ata variation it would be nice to reduce it in the career.

What about different types of fuel in the career mode, if you run out of higher octane fuel you need to wait for the delivery and you need to fly DB variant.

From what the DD said I think it's going to be an engine mod.

Just now, Legioneod said:

i know, i dont want to fly through the career only DC variant.

Some restriction would be nice

So... We like 1.98 for the K4, as long as we can't access it during the campaign or in multiplayer maps...?  Makes sense.  Why include it then?

I am one of those folks that actually likes the idea of using variants for different roles, and I sometimes question the logic of limiting armaments on multiplayer servers for that reason, but that's another discussion.

Regardless, these four planes will make fine additions to my virtual hangar.  

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Novice-Flyer said:

They said a few weeks ago that they were finishing 5 planes at a time, including the U-2. It was stated that the 4 stars were the planes shown today, but that doesn't mean that only 4 planes will be released in 3.007. I believe the U-2 and the Fw 190D-9 will be released in 3.007, but they couldn't show them today because they just weren't ready yet.

Oh, don´t get me wrong. I would be more than happy if that would happen. However I don´t expect to see U2 and D9 before a later date.

20 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

Yes, it's an engine mod, just like with the Spitfires and the La-5. 

1 minute ago, JG51_Beazil said:

So... We like 1.98 for the K4, as long as we can't access it during the campaign or in multiplayer maps...?  Makes sense.  Why include it then?

I am one of those folks that actually likes the idea of using variants for different roles, and I sometimes question the logic of limiting armaments on multiplayer servers for that reason, but that's another discussion.

Regardless, these four planes will make fine additions to my virtual hangar.  

Cheers!

No one's said not to use it all during campaign or in multiplayer maps. Just restrict it to when it makes sense. In the career, it will be like other mods that get locked...they will appear when they historically did so (or close to it). On multiplayer maps, 1.98 ATA will probably be restricted to late war scenarios (winter '45 or later). I like that they made it an engine mod as it gives mission builders and the career the ability to simulate earlier and later scenarios.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Voidhunger said:

i know, i dont want to fly through the career only DC variant.

Some restriction would be nice

All you have to do is not choose it. :) Most likely the DB engine will be what the AI always uses. 

Edited by LukeFF
  • Upvote 1

Look forward to reading the DD's :)

Super high poly models look very nice and the adjusted logic used for scoring a kill + higher fidelity damage modeling for AI controllable ground objects are excellent additions.

Also like the livery on the P-47D-28 Thunderbolt, especially the separation of the flat and shiny surfaces. 

Thank you Team :salute:

All sounding great, really looking forward to this next update!

Can't wait to try out that new P-47D !

20 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

No one's said not to use it all during campaign or in multiplayer maps. Just restrict it to when it makes sense. In the career, it will be like other mods that get locked...they will appear when they historically did so (or close to it). On multiplayer maps, 1.98 ATA will probably be restricted to late war scenarios (winter '45 or later). I like that they made it an engine mod as it gives mission builders and the career the ability to simulate earlier and later scenarios.

You do realize my comment was tongue in cheek right?  But on the other hand, do you want me to decide how you should fly and with what equipment or would you rather make that choice for yourself?  Assuming things are historical that is.

But I suppose that should be up to the player to a degree as well.  Who am I to dictate how others play?

So much great content in this DD, and I'm definitely starting to feel the hype for the Jug and 109K!

A question for the P-47 fans, but shouldn't the internal surfaces (except the cockpit) be yellow zinc chromate rather than green? As I understand it the green was only used on Curtiss built examples which didn't leave the States, yellow being used by Republic. A quick google search says Mexico used Republic built aircraft.

P47_2.jpg

26 minutes ago, JG51_Beazil said:

You do realize my comment was tongue in cheek right?  But on the other hand, do you want me to decide how you should fly and with what equipment or would you rather make that choice for yourself?  Assuming things are historical that is.

But I suppose that should be up to the player to a degree as well.  Who am I to dictate how others play?

but if you say in your first post that you look at it from historical point of view , kestrel would not have to expain you when thouse modifications would be limited with reason, it looked like your not aware of that.

guys running the server online have all rights to limit what ever mod we have in game its our to play on that server or not :)

Edited by 77.CountZero

13 minutes ago, HBPencil said:

So much great content in this DD, and I'm definitely starting to feel the hype for the Jug and 109K!

A question for the P-47 fans, but shouldn't the internal surfaces (except the cockpit) be yellow zinc chromate rather than green? As I understand it the green was only used on Curtiss built examples which didn't leave the States, yellow being used by Republic. A quick google search says Mexico used Republic built aircraft.

P47_2.jpg

Yes. Yellow zinc chromate would be correct but theres always exceptions.

Edited by Legioneod

I really don't want to derail this thread anymore than I already have.  It's a great update and I'm sure we are all looking forward to it.  People can do whatever they wish on their servers.

Wait a minute ... the two weeks stuff is the old joke or is it real this time?

Because it thought it was the joke but after reading all the comments, it seems that it's real!!!

Edited by PA_Spartan-

Just now, PA_Spartan- said:

Wait a minute ... the two weeks stuff is the old joke or is it real this time?

I'm pretty sure it's real, unless they release it next week as a surprise.

Glad some posted the Spinal Tap gif. All this talk about dials and gauges going to 1.98 or 11 haha love it!

4 hours ago, Asgar said:

do none of you people actually read the dev diary. or at least this thread before commenting

Where is the fun in that. :)

I want to know why two people were confused by this DD entry. :blink:

1 hour ago, sevenless said:

don´t expect to see U2 and D9 before a later date

Well, I remember the devs saying that the U-2 would be released this Autumn, so I think it’s safe to say that the U-2 will very likely be in 3.007. The D-9 and the P-47 3D models and early cockpits were shown at the same time in June and September. I believe that the D-9 will possibly make it into 3.007. One thing for certain is that these two planes will be released before the end of the year. 

1 hour ago, LukeFF said:

All you have to do is not choose it. :) Most likely the DB engine will be what the AI always uses. 

I know I know, I would like to have option to refuel plane like it was with tanks in Panzer elite🙂

maybe one day

anyway Im super happy with the K4 modifications:joy:

Edited by Voidhunger

I wonder if improved damage on objects and vehicles will include longer times for smoke and flame?  At the moment all trace of destruction disappears before you can turn around to come back for another pass.  It makes it hard to spot the target and difficult to care. It feels like the waiter is cleaning up all around you while you are trying to eat a meal. 

• Upvote 7