LLv44_Kanttori

KANTTORIN KONE Throttle Console

konelogo.png

Vintage style metal throttle consoles for WWII flight simulators and virtual pilot's home cockpits. Left-handed versions are also available!

If you feel the modern HOTAS-controllers are unsuitable to your Second World War home cockpit this is a great choice to you. Console has more axles, levers, steering wheels and buttons than any other similar throttle unit in the game controls marketing. Pictures below with the new 3D printed handles are updated 26th of October 2018.

fighter_console2-icon.jpg

fighter_console3-icon.jpg 

fighter_console4-icon.jpg

Subscriptions and Question

Price 550 € + shipping
Sales to European Union Countries, America, Australia and Asia

You can now subscribe the console also outside the EU Countries. Fill the Subscription Form in my webpages, please.

If you want more information of the product, please send me E-Mail or contact form from the CONTACT PAGE! You can also write in this thread or send me a Personal Message.  Wep pages are now constantly updated and there are also Setting Up the Trottle Console page. So you find the best and up-to-date information from here:

OFFICIAL KANTTORIN KONE HOME PAGES!

console.jpg

Edited by LLv44_Kanttori
Adding picture
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 6

Crafty Finn, looks fit to hold the Mannerheim Line:) Good job, the historic buttons (bakelite I hope) make it very nice.

Edited by Kandiru
  • Thanks 1

I received this console a couple of weeks ago and I must say, it's awesome. It took some time to get the muscle memory (VR!) but now I would not want to use another console anymore. Compared to the Warthog console this is a whole new experience. Trimming the various axis and controlling the various coolers & shutters feels so much more "real".

The quality is excellent and the help from Ismo in setting it up is very good.

The key mapping in IL-2 is now only for the axis and rotary switches, all other buttons and switches are defined in the console.

In one subject I changed the setup from Ismo's advice as I use Joystick Gremlin instead of SV Mapper to define the buttons and switches. SV Mapper does not recognize all key combinations and Joystick Gremlin does. So that made it a lot easier.

A big "Thank You" from me to Ismo for this console. :bye:

Huub.

P1000687.jpg

Edited by hsthhsth
  • Thanks 2

Hi Kanttori,

I am intetested in your product. Can you tell me what sort of wait time is there. 

If I placed an order how long would I have to wait for it?

By the way , I think it looks great and should do me for many many years.

Edited by 307_Banzai
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, 307_Banzai said:

Hi Kanttori,

I am intetested in your product. Can you tell me what sort of wait time is there.
If I placed an order how long would I have to wait for it?
By the way , I think it looks great and should do me for many many years.

ANSWERS:

The waiting time is normally 2 to 3 months, it depends on your situation in my order list (I tell it to my becoming customers). I  am taking now 12 subscriptions, not any more. I can build at most one console in the week and those 12 products are ready during next autumn and before XMas. If you place your order just now, the waiting time is about 1,5 months: your console is ready to shipping in the middle of October 2018.

Me and my Finnish Squad mates / customers have speculated that this throttle console lasts rest of our life! After us it is a great heritage to our future generation and our becoming virtual pilot grand sons... :) 

14 hours ago, hsthhsth said:

In one subject I changed the setup from Ismo's advice as I use Joystick Gremlin instead of SV Mapper to define the buttons and switches. SV Mapper does not recognize all key combinations and Joystick Gremlin does. So that made it a lot easier.

Appreciate this recommendation! I downloaded it last night to try it out with my GVL224 throttle unit and have found it to be very useful. I like that it has its own built-in calibration utility. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Appreciate this recommendation! I downloaded it last night to try it out with my GVL224 throttle unit and have found it to be very useful. I like that it has its own built-in calibration utility. 

Thanks for the heads up!  I've had one for years but can't use it because the manufacturer doesn't have the software available  for download on the site (gfkeys).  Going to try this later. S!

• Thanks 1

The "Setting Up the Throttle Console" page is all the time under construction: I am going to update and add Joystick Gremlin instructions there very soon. But at first I must learn it myself! 😄

Thanks to Huub alias hsthhsth that he informed me for that application! :)

Very cool. I literally have a sketch of something very similar! Great minds think alike :)

I want to make one but with cheaper materials for the housing/case. I can't afford 500+ for something that will ship across an ocean unfortunately. Wish I had money to spare - I'd buy your product for sure. 

• Thanks 1

Unfortynately my Throttle console web pages are temporarily closed because my server's bandwidth limit exceeded. Pages are open again tomorrow (Monday).

I had really many visitors on current week and I didn't prepared to it. For ex. on last Tuesday there visited almost 600 people... But it is good to see that so many virtual pilots around the world are interested in my product! 😄

Edited by LLv44_Kanttori
  • Upvote 1

On 8/23/2018 at 7:07 AM, hsthhsth said:

You sir are my hero, this is extremely appreciated info, THANK YOU 

Do you sell to Norway? I am more into multiengine planes , but this looks like a real treat 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

You sir are my hero, this is extremely appreciated info, THANK YOU 

Do you sell to Norway? I am more into multiengine planes , but this looks like a real treat 

Thank You for your feedback LuseKofte! 

Of course I sell to Norway even tought you are not in EU. Norway is one of the Nordic Countries and we Finns have very good relationship with you Norwegian Vikings!  😄

I am flying mostly Ju88, He111, Hs129 and Bf110 and this console works very good with them. I don't need different throttles and RPM's but there are many possibilities to use radiators and cowl shutters singly to both engines. For ex. with Ju88 I have own axis to both motor's outlet cowl shutters. Just map the console with your own system! ;)

• Thanks 1

Well I got a great grand uncle fighting in the Winter war, He did see action for a while there and that have made me eternal grateful to the Finns for the stopping of the red hordes into Scandinavia, I am convinced the stubborn defense of 1939 gave Stalin a second thought about expanding west. And yes I am a Friend of Finland visiting The coastline there when weather let us down up here north. I will send you a PM.

1907472_1009994095695699_382083075361052

I got this as a backup so I can do pretty much every Hotas already. I would like to have yours on my left side close to the leg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LuseKofte, that's a great looking old throttle quadrant, is it modded as an USB-controller?

And if you are left-handed, I can make a mirrored throttle console's too! My new Brittish customer ordered left-handed console yesterday, it is easy done to me! ;)

I apologise, I erred.  I am referring to a different product - but I will still see if this software will help.  Thank you.  :)

MY GVL throttle works just fine.

Edit:  But thanks for posting more info on your project!  I really like the setup alot, especially for VR!  My apologies for the edits.  

Edited by Beazil
Clarity from the author
  • Like 1

S!

Can recommend this throttle. Solid build and has the vintage look without being impractical in the layout. And service has been top notch!

• Thanks 1

I recommend this throttle console. I have used actively this Black second edition already six months and it has been wonderful. I am a VR flier with Oculus Rift and everything in the console can be used without looking it. Also the Service has been best possible. I have used the console with IL2 and WT. 

I include here a photo of my setup. It is not beautiful but I have targeted to maximum functionality without additional burden. I have a Warthog Joystick, tuned by myself, Thrustmaster pedals, Kanttoris throttle console, Gametrix Jetseat motorized seat, Oculus Rift Tough and a 46 inch Samsung display, which I normally cannot see. Computing power is i7 7700 and GeForce GTX 1080Ti. SS is fixt as 2 in SteamVR.

https://www.kanttorinkone.com/images/pena_cockpit.jpg

pena_cockpit[1].jpg

Edited by LLv44_PenaX
Additional text and link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank You Flanker and PenaX, your cockpits looks very comfortable ( I have seen pictures of Flanker's cockpit project, it's soon ready)! ;) 

GOOD NEWS: I called to my friend who is a managing director of a big international music instrument company. He said that there are any problems to sell consoles also to non-EU countries (Canada, USA, Australia, Asia ym.). I must fill the Finnish Customs papers in their webpages and that's all. Because this is hand work product I can sell it without worries where ever I want! :)

I'm getting new subscriptions on September 2018:
Price 495 € + shipping
AUTUMN 2018: Sales only to European Union Countries.

FROM JANUARY 2019: International sales to USA, Canada, Australia and Asia

You can now PRE-subscribe the console from outside the EU Countries. Fill the Subscription Form in my webpages, please, it is not binding yet!

Edited by LLv44_Kanttori

On 8/28/2018 at 1:04 AM, LLv44_Kanttori said:

LuseKofte, that's a great looking old throttle quadrant, is it modded as an USB-controller?

And if you are left-handed, I can make a mirrored throttle console's too! My new Brittish customer ordered left-handed console yesterday, it is easy done to me! ;)

No I am right handed. But I used to fly with a yoke before. And I plan to buy a good yoke . I got a heli setup. And moved this throttle to the left side now. But if I buy your throttle this goes back to right side. I like to have a pit suited for helicopters, fighters and bombers. My immersion is panels , good hardware I can see and feel like the real deal, not VR. I am more into simulating flight and procedures as they where than the multiplayer focused battle going on in public servers. And yes it is connected to sliders and usb cards 8 hotas ant some buttons

Edited by LuseKofte

43 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

No I am right handed. But I used to fly with a yoke before. And I plan to buy a good yoke . I got a heli setup. And moved this throttle to the left side now. But if I buy your throttle this goes back to right side. I like to have a pit suited for helicopters, fighters and bombers. My immersion is panels , good hardware I can see and feel like the real deal, not VR. I am more into simulating flight and procedures as they where than the multiplayer focused battle going on in public servers. And yes it is connected to sliders and usb cards 8 hotas ant some buttons

Ok, I build what you subscribe from me... :) I am myself left handed but I fly as right handed. Probably that's why I'm so poor with fighters... :)

My Finnish friend Buffalo is designing and building a totally new and great looking Junkers Ju88 replica yoke + control column. I asked if I can share couple of his pictures here. I am his order list's number two,  the USB-control column is soon ready to production and marketing on next winter. Here's the 3D-model:

40485059_10156034554308264_8564578135876

Edited by LLv44_Kanttori
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, LLv44_Kanttori said:

Ok, I build what you subscribe from me... :) I am myself left handed but I fly as right handed. Probably that's why I'm so poor with fighters... :)

My Finnish friend Buffalo is designing and building a totally new and great looking Junkers Ju88 replica yoke + control column. I asked if I can share couple of his pictures here. I am his order list's number two,  the USB-control column is soon ready to production and marketing on next winter. Here's the 3D-model:

Oh my !

That's a great project !

• Haha 1

Can you put me on order list no 3 on that yoke. And I buy the throttle for shipping together. I won’t take no for answer. This is what I have been looking for all my life. I got funds 

4 hours ago, LLv44_Kanttori said:

40485059_10156034554308264_8564578135876

3 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

Can you put me on order list no 3 on that yoke. And I buy the throttle for shipping together. I won’t take no for answer. This is what I have been looking for all my life. I got funds 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

I wrote to Buffalo and I'm waiting for the answer, but I quess you're now number 3! ;)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LLv44_Kanttori said:

That is a stunning piece of work there. :good: 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LukeFF said:

That is a stunning piece of work there. :good: 

I tracked the only real Finnish Ju88 A-4 yoke from the museum of "Guild of Lappland Wing" (Lapin Lennoston Kilta ry). Then Buffalo 3D-scanned it very carefully and yes: we have now hi-tech and hi-detailed replica from Ju 88 yoke! 😄

Buffalo asked me to tell you, that there are coming TWO models: One which is suitable to Logitech Saitek Yoke system and one which stands on the floor (this is the the REAL one). Here are some pictures from his 3D printed yoke prototype and the floor mounted control column's  "hinge" (the joint to push/pull the yoke: pitch up and down):

40248450_10156026669503264_6837984468087 

The B-Uhr clock is working, but it has a cheap quartz mechanism... ;)

39916247_10156018076043264_9104742729446 

39934456_10156018075913264_3067341737291

Above is two pictures of Buffalo's testing prototype to floor axis Y (Plane pitch up/down = Yoke forward / backward). There is coming a 3D-printed original looking and thicker tube around that metal shaft like in this picture below:

40602982_261804297701609_816472982751386

Edited by LLv44_Kanttori
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I got this console about six months ago and I´m very pleased. The vintage outlook gives you a certain feeling while flying. Also it´s very handy and compact by it´s size. The buttons and swithes are very easy to learn to use without looking which is good forinstance for those using VR- glasses. The amount of buttons and switches is sufficient and therefore your keyboard is practically unnecessary while playing your game. As far as I know this console can also be used, not only with ILSturmovik Great Battles, with DCS and Clod.... so, I recommend this product for everyone in the virtual sky!

ohjaamo.jpg

Edited by LLv44_Antsu
  • Like 2

Here is my cockpit with this new console. I absolutely love it! I also had the first (and bigger) two-engine version of this and I was very satisfied with it, too. But I must say that this smaller one-engine version is better and much more practical. And, besides, this has an engine selector which makes it easy to use with two-engine planes as well. With a little exercise you can use it without having to look at it at all (so I’m looking forward and confidentially to the next generation VR glasses). Very well made, stabile, precise and enjoyable!

This console is handmade in Finland, and I don’t know how long the delivery time is. But I know it's worth waiting for :)

LLv32_Modo

Modos_Cockpit.jpg

Finnish Virtual Pilots member and 3D professional Pentti Kurkinen designed a totally new handles to the Console. First prototype 3D prints are coming in the middle of September and all the new throttle consoles are provided with it in this Autumn. More information are coming after prototypes are tested. Throttle handle contains three extra buttons, all together eight button functions.

ihandles3.jpg

handles2-icon.jpg

Edited by LLv44_Kanttori

On 9/3/2018 at 1:03 AM, LLv44_Kanttori said:

One which is suitable to Logitech Saitek Yoke system

Well this is to me unacceptable :) 

Because my personal preference would be ACE desktop models I will purchase this base for it. I might have to ask them to mount it. And how. I can not use floor mounted since I am a bit of a chopper fanatic, I have a floor mounted stick. How ever I am a bomber pilot fanatic too, and cannot get myself to fly bombers with a stick. I will contact ACE and see if mine would be better off without a pre arranged setup for Saitek

• Like 1

It seems you did made a mistake with the labeling. It should say größer instead of gröBer. I mean maybe im wrong but größer would make much more sense to me as a german speaking person.

Edit: Btw, what is the price of your throttle and would it be possible to mount a TM Cougar Throttle Handle on that thing? Im just asking out of interest for a new throttle and have not decided yet, which one.

Edited by Ishtaru
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ishtaru said:

It seems you did made a mistake with the labeling. It should say größer instead of gröBer. I mean maybe im wrong but größer would make much more sense to me as a german speaking person.

Done, it was a font problem... Ishtaru, Ich kenne das buchstabe sehr gut denn ich war ein sommer arbeiter im weingarten nahe Stuttgart im Jahr des Herrn 1984 ! ;)

handles4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Ishtaru said:

This is correct - the German word is "grösser" which means taller or bigger (gross - grösser - am grössten, equivalent to tall - taller - tallest). This grammatical comparison is,

especially in Germany, spelled with an "s-zed" - a character to display a double S like "Strasse", "Masse" etc.

This special character is only used on German keyboard layouts - other German speaking countries do not use nor have this special character to display the double S.

If you wan't to have this special character without a German keyboard, you can use the following ascii-code instead: ALT + 225 which gives you the ß.

Cheerio

Since right grip looks based on FW190A-8/R8 grip (middel picture) the rocker for propeller pitch control sit inside a "channel" in grip tap, like the same rocker used in Bf  109 and other Fw 190 variants throttle grip.

https://s26.postimg.cc/5lpr1gz9l/Fl32337.jpg

http://simhq.com/forum/files/usergals/2015/06/full-36488-104918-daumenschalter_me_109_fw_190.jpg

https://postimg.cc/image/67dkqm4ud/

Edited by Sokol1

19 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

Since right grip looks based on FW190A-8/R8 grip (middel picture) the rocker for propeller pitch control sit inside a "channel" in grip tap, like the same rocker used in Bf  109 and other Fw 190 variants throttle grip.

https://s26.postimg.cc/5lpr1gz9l/Fl32337.jpg

http://simhq.com/forum/files/usergals/2015/06/full-36488-104918-daumenschalter_me_109_fw_190.jpg

https://postimg.cc/image/67dkqm4ud/

That switch based on FW 190 throttle handle, but our idea is that the throttle handle is universal to all aircrafts. The "Focke Wulf style" gable switch is for those pilots who fly mostly Axis planes, but we have also a thumb switch based on Mustang throttle grip's black button. The button is always the same 5-way tactile switch with five positions: up-down-forward-backward-push. Three push buttons are embed to tube's long sideline. ;)

I am going to use these eight buttons like this:

5 way switch: Track IR centering (push), Zoom in (forward), zoom out (backward),  Allies wheel brake and autopilot on/off  (up),  "quick" video recording on/off (down).

3 row buttons: Map (center), two buttons to TS3 radio channels. If you don't need those whisper channels, you can use those two buttons for ex. to flaps up/down, just as you  want! 😄

21 hours ago, Ishtaru said:

Edit: Btw, what is the price of your throttle and would it be possible to mount a TM Cougar Throttle Handle on that thing? Im just asking out of interest for a new throttle and have not decided yet, which one.

Throttle price is now 495 euros with these "standard" options. I am posting soon new pictures where the throttle is equipped with the new standard 3D-printed handle.

There are mounting screw holes (four bigger 6M and four smaller 4M). It has also four rubber pads on the bottom and they are very solid or sticky too. You can remove those pads if you mount the throttle with the 4M-6M bolts or screws:

mounting.jpg

• Thanks 1

I would love to buy this throttle console.

However IL2 limits assingment of controllers.

For example, would like to use the rotating knob on the forward right side for engine rpm for russian airplanes, and the lever left of the throttle for german airplanes rpm, but we cannot do that in BOS.

Same with trim it allows you to use the wheel for the 109 but not for russian planes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

I would love to buy this throttle console.

However IL2 limits assingment of controllers.

For example, would like to use the rotating knob on the forward right side for engine rpm for russian airplanes, and the lever left of the throttle for german airplanes rpm, but we cannot do that in BOS.

Same with trim it allows you to use the wheel for the 109 but not for russian planes.

You are always welcome to my Online shop! :)

Those bakelite three knobs (rotary ecoders = digital axles) are for trimming most of the IL-2 Great Battles planes except Bf 109's, M.C. 202 and Ju52, only they use the BIG stabilizer wheel (analog axis). I suppose, that developers update  that axis in the near future to all aircrafts where are pitch trim wheel in their cockpit... or am I too optimistic? ;)

But before it happens those rotary encoder trims works very good to all three trimming axles: pitch, yaw (rudder) and roll. The gray leftmost lever is planned just for adjusting RPM's to all aircrafts which has manual RPM lever. I understang what you mean: you cannot map two axles to the same function (as RPM-axis) or you must map it every time when you switch from Russian planes to German planes... That big middle side wheel is actually very suitable and sharp also to RPM-axis, it is three turn precision potenitometer. Then you can use the leftmost gray handle lever to mixture. It is just up to you!  ;)

On 9/10/2018 at 12:26 PM, LLv44_Kanttori said:

I updated my webpages, there are now more information from the newest features of my console and also some customers' reviews of the product! :)

KANTTORIN KONE THROTTLE CONSOLE

Designer and manufacturer Pentti Kurkinen has designed prototype 2 handles which  diameter is 43mm (as my older comfortable aluminum handles). All the switches fits exactly inside it, it cannot be smaller than that.  Throttle and RPM handles have also a new surface with nice and solid diamond shape. Pentti has painted it with three very thin rubber spray layers and send it soon to me. It looks relly good now! ;)

handles5.jpg 

Edited by LLv44_Kanttori