LLv44_Kanttori

KANTTORIN KONE Throttle Console

5 minutes ago, hsthhsth said:

Almost a year now since I have this console.

Had the original gray handles replaced by the coloured ones, quite happy with the extra buttons.

In VR it takes some time to build muscle memory like with all consoles but once that was done I just won't go back to a console with lesser buttons/switches/rotators. It feels so great to actually turn a wheel to setting trim in the IL-2.:biggrin:

Thanks Ismo for your great work.:good:

Ismo is my real name - but my friends called me in Finland also as "Kanttori"! :biggrin:

Thank you Hsthhhsth for your post and nice words! We have also change many good throtte and Joystick Gremlin ideas with him by E-mail. :salute:

Edited by LLv44_Kanttori

NEW: In Game Key Mapping Tutorial

gb_mapping.png

After last 3.201 big update and hotfixes I made a PDF-tutorial to my current 34 customers. There is an updated scheme picture (above) and simple instructions how to map this console in the game's Settings/Key Mapping page. There are many new game features (for ex. trimms to analog axes, rearming and refueling etc.) after last 3.201 big update, so you can check examples and suggestion how to use them with this all-round and very multifunctional home cockpit controller!

I have polished my mapping two years and those functions are almost perfect with many Axis and Allies planes. There are all the mostly needed fighters and bombers throttle console functions - you don't need to touch your keyboard practically at all. :)

https://www.kanttorinkone.com/console/in_game_key_mapping.pdf

Here are all the full Setup instructions in my web pages: 

https://www.kanttorinkone.com/setup.html

Edited by LLv44_Kanttori
  • Upvote 1

New! Left-handed (mirrored) console model

mirrored_custom_console.png

In the picture above is a custom "mirrored" console to my left-handed customer from the USA. He is going to use it on his table so there is a small bakellite 50mm (diameter) trim wheel instead of the big 120mm elevator trim/stabilizer wheel. Also the front big silver/black knob of the rotary encoder pot is new and it's destined to bombs delay and mode toggle selector (rotating it clockwise or counter clockwise).

Only the trim axles are equipped with those black bakellite knobs (and normally with the big trim wheel on the left or right side wall). All these customizations are possible to order with my current left/right-handed console models.

Edited by LLv44_Kanttori
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Something new:

On the front end of the console are all the flight and weapons mode selecting buttons. In the picture above is a new autopilot turn left/right 3-way switch knob. Now all the becoming consoles are equipped with this bigger and better knob. You can also assign it yourself if you have done some electronics, it's a very simple "field mod". :biggrin:

There are also new bigger gears up/down (black) and flaps up/down (light gray) big knobs as picture above. They are now easy to find when your hand rests on throttle handle. Flaps knob can also be black.

knobs2.jpg

Edited by LLv44_Kanttori
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

How to map Kanttorin Kone Throttle Console with the Cliffs of Dover Blitz/Tobruk games
Instructions can be applied to the all USB controllers which have over 32 Buttons and switches functions!

I have bought the Cliffs of Dover Blitz and examined how my console and other USB devices work with it. I have remapped my consoles 72 button functions with the Joystick Gremlin and vJoy (virtual device) and they work very good also in that simulator. You can download those great applications from here:
Joystick Gremlin - Free Configuration Software

vJoy - Free Virtual Device

1. Console's 8 Axes and First 1-32 Buttons Mapping

CloD supports 32 button functions, so you can set the first 32 buttons and all eight axes with the (whatever) physical console directly by moving or clicking the desired axis, button or switch for the desired function in the OPTIONS/CONTROLS menu. There are my setup and example pictures how I mapped Kanttorin Kone device's (visible as OJ16) eight Axes and some buttons like gears up/down and flaps up/down:

controls_axes-icon.png

controls_buttons_01-icon.png

2. Console's next 33-64 buttons mapping with the Joystick Gremlin and vJoy

With the Joystick Gremlin I have mapped 32 additional virtual vJoy buttons and CloD reads those vJoy Buttons (and virtual device) as like it's another device. There are some pictures how I have mapped my console easy and quickly with the joystick Gremlin. I have saved my mapping as a new Joystick Gremlin profile to CloD called "CLOD BLITZ".

Notice that I have a totally different profile to the IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles series bercause it "understands" 64 Buttons USB controllers with the button numbers 0 to 63 (which is very odd numbering... :) ). That special profile is called GREAT BATTLES and I can switch it open and active even during the game (if I forget to activate it when changing from CloD to GB and vice versa).

2.1. How to Map Physical Console Buttons to vJoy Buttons

1. Select from the Joystick Gremlin Menu bar: File/New Profile. Find your device from the upper Device List row - my console's device name "OJ16" (same as MJ16) is highlighted. Click your throttle console name and you can see from the left column all the physical console's 112 Buttons (72 are wired and used). Leave the 8 Axles and Buttons from 1 to 32 as they are, they don't need any mapping.

2. Activate the desired Button 33 from your left device Button list. It's the first button which needs remapping with the CloD. vJoy Buttons and Keyboard Commands are becoming to the right wide column. Select from the list Remap and then click Add as the picture below shows (Remap is default).

js_mapping_01-icon.png

3. A new Remap Window appears to the right vJoy column as in the picture below. 

4. Select from the Remap Window list Button 1 (it's a default number). Then Activate the next desired Button 34 from your left device Button list and Select from the Remap Window list Button 2 (it automatically comes next). Notice that those remapped button numbers in the left row colums are updated after you har loaded the file again.

5.  Do the same for all the next 32 buttons and switches you want to enable on your console (Their Console Button numbers are from 33 to 112) . The 32 buttons in the vJoy virtual device is also the upper limit with the CloD, so plan carefully which switches you want to end up mapping as keyboard commands.

js_mapping_02-icon.png

2.2. How to Map Physical Console Buttons to vJoy Keyboard Commands

Because the Kanttorin Kone Throttle console has 72 different button functions (they are wired) they does not fit on the 32 buttons on the physical console or the vJoy. Now I'm introducing vJoy's Map to Keyboard commands and we have more features in use again! :) I have mapped all my three rotary encoders (like mouse wheels) and some special buttons like Eject (Open Cabin + Jump!) and Start as Keyboard Commands

1. Activate the desired Button 88 (example to the red covered On-Off switch forward position) from the left device Button list. vJoy Keyboard Commands are becoming to the right wide column like remapped buttons. Select from the dropdown list (there reads as default Remap) Map to Keyboard and then click Add.

2. Find from the Remap Window Record key button and activate recording by clicking it. There appears a small gray popup-menu: Please press the desired key and then simply click number 5 from your Numpad keyboard (or anything else keyboard letter etc. what you want). 

3. Next, repeat steps 1 and 2 above until you have entered all the key commands you want. For ex. that Eject On-Off switch can send 2 different Button numbers: When you click it forwards it sends Button 88 and backwards Button 96. Map to Button 96 number 6 from your Numpad keyboard. Then you can assign that red covered On-Off switch in theCloD's OPTIONS/CONTROLS menu as this: Switch forwards = Numpad 5 = Jettison Canopy AND Switch backwards = Numpad 6 = Bail Out (Just hit the red cover down!). You got it? ;)

js_mapping_03-icon.png

2.3. How to Map Empty slots to vJoy Keyboard Commands

This is simple: If the physical console's Button has an empty vJoy Column there are any functions. You can delete incorrect or accidentally created (vJoy) popup-window from the X-icon/button in the upper right corner of the Remap, Map to Keyboard etc.

3. Special features when mapping Kanttorin Kone Device

The MJ16 USB circuit board inside the Kanttorin Kone Throttle Console has several groups of 8 buttons with a common ground wire. Each color represents one group of buttons. The groups are consecutive physical switches and the color coding allows you to get the game button mapping done easily (with the eight button groups) and quickly to the very many different games with different mapping system.

For example (look the picture below) you can map all the RED color axes and BLUE color buttons directly from the physical console the OPTIONS/CONTROLS menu of CloD. Due to the clear wiring inside the console, only 2 x 8 = 16 buttons are connected from the first groups of 4 x 8 = 32 buttons. Second groups of 32 buttons are almost all connected and then there are VERY special buttons 65-112 like rotary encoders and On-Off switches which sends two different Button number depending are they clicked On or Off. I have not used that feature, I have mapped front end VIOLET On-Off switches as a toggle type simple buttons.

4. My mapping system with the CloD (JS Means Joystick Gremlin with the vJoy)

clod_mapping.png

Buttons 1-32 which can mapped directly:
RED 1-8 Axes: map from the console with the instructions above

BLUE Buttons 1-8: map directly from the console with the instructions above

BLUE Buttons 17-24: map directly from the console with the instructions above

Buttons 33-102 which needs vJoy remapping:

WHITE Buttons 33-40 to YELLOW vJoy Buttons 1-8: Map with the JS and then with the console buttons when JS is ACTIVE
WHITE Buttons 41-48 to GREEN vJoy Buttons 9-16: Map with the JS and then with the console buttons when JS is ACTIVE

THROTTLE - WHITE Buttons 49-55  + 86/94 to ORANGE vJoy Buttons 17-24: Map with the JS and then with the console buttons when JS is ACTIVE
WHITE Buttons 65-80 to VIOLET vJoy Buttons 25-32: Map with the JS and then with the console buttons when JS is ACTIVE

WHITE Buttons and rotary encoders 87-102 to Key Commands: Map with the JS and then with the console buttons when JS is ACTIVE

Read more IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles game Joystick Gremlin and vJoy Mapping examples from my official web pages:
Kanttorin Kone Throttle Console - Setting Up

Edited by LLv44_Kanttori
New text information
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Joystick Gremlin code file to Kanttorin Kone console

You can copy and paste this new CloD profile for.ex over your Great Battles Series Kanttorin Kone device list text (use it as a base file).

FIRST: Rename your xml file as CLOD.xml or something like My CloD Profile.xml etc.

SECOND: Be sure to back up your old Great Battles series profiles! The default folder is always "User/Joystick Gremlin", so keep the different profiles you use (with the different games) just there!

THIRD: Delete all the Numpad 0.... Numpad 9 Keyboard commands from your Cliffs of Dover Options/Controls menu mapping pages.

• I have used all those Numpad 0-9 Key Commands to map:
    • All the three Rotary Encoders (use two of them as trimms: rudder trim left-right = Numpad 3-4 and elevator trim up/down = Numpad 1 - 2)
    • Start push/pull button (pull = Numpad 9 and Push = Numpad 0)
    • EJECT On-Off Switch (forward position = Numpad 7 = Jettison canopy and backward position = Numpad 8  = Bail Out!)

You can see all the mapped vJoy Button numbers coloured picture above the previous thread! 👆

NOTICE: in the beginning of that profile xml-code is some important information to your other USB-controllers, so leave that text untouched (it looks very similar in your profile):

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<profile version="9">
    <devices>
        <device device-guid="{1D2F4670-8C3D-11E6-8007-444553540000}" label="" name="Flight Control Rudder" type="joystick">
            <mode name="Default">
                <axis description="" id="4"/>
                <axis description="" id="5"/>
                <axis description="" id="6"/>
            </mode>
        </device>
        <device device-guid="{6F1D2B61-D5A0-11CF-BFC7-444553540000}" label="" name="keyboard" type="keyboard">
            <mode name="Default"/>
        </device>
        <device device-guid="{95D3F870-5494-11E8-8001-444553540000}" label="" name="OJ16" type="joystick">

My console is named as OJ16 (last row above), but it might be also "MJ16", "MRUD" or "TRTL". Find your similar device row and delete your old code text starting just under it. The portion to be deleted ends lines like these (below) which lists the last button 112 + hat on the console:

<button description="" id="112"/>
<hat description="" id="1"/>
</mode>

FINALLY: After that please download the following code text file (below) to your computer. Then copy/paste it to the empty place you just did (deleted) for your profile file. After that save as your profile again as CLOD.xml (or somerthig like that). Then your console is ready to button mapping with the CloDs Options/Controls pages! 

CloD text file to Kanttorin Kone Console.txt

I'm working just now with the almost finished  IL-2 Sturmovik -  Great Battles / Joystick Gremlin-vJoy profile. I share it here this week as soon as it's tested and ok. Notice that these downloadable profile files are only traced to my Kanttorin Kone Throttle Console.

Edited by LLv44_Kanttori
New text information

I’ve used Kanttorin Kone console now for 2,5 years and have been very pleased not only with the console but also the service I’ve got from the manufacturer. I lost one button from the handle and saw that I could install a new one if I only had one. So, I mailed Kanttori to tell about my problem, and after 2 days I had the new button with all install information I needed. I, also, have got a lot of extra information about new and better software I can use with the console, for example switching from SV Mapper to Joystick Gremlin and how to use it. He does amazing job and I really do like the console. Works like charm with my Slaw pedals and Baur KG13 stick. 

Modo_cockpit.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LLv32_Modo said:

I’ve used Kanttorin Kone console now for 2,5 years and have been very pleased not only with the console but also the service I’ve got from the manufacturer. I lost one button from the handle and saw that I could install a new one if I only had one. So, I mailed Kanttori to tell about my problem, and after 2 days I had the new button with all install information I needed. I, also, have got a lot of extra information about new and better software I can use with the console, for example switching from SV Mapper to Joystick Gremlin and how to use it. He does amazing job and I really do like the console. Works like charm with my Slaw pedals and Baur KG13 stick. 

Modo_cockpit.jpeg

Why so many electric sockets tho?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2zEcKFvILKA1i_kWye2_

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/12/2020 at 4:53 PM, =LG=Mad_Mikhael said:

Why so many electric sockets tho?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2zEcKFvILKA1i_kWye2_

This is a a working room where Markus has his small home studio and that needs sockets to amps and instruments. :music: Now he has added there also his home cockpit. :joy:   I have visited their home and saw that little room in the wing of the building. It's a real man cave with all the toys ... I mean tools. ;)

Edited by LLv44_Kanttori

Yeah, I had my music studio here and needed those sockets at that time. Now most of them are not in use, but who knows, maybe some day again ;) 

• Like 1