Sign in to follow this  
Ouky1991

4K Spitfire Mk.IXe Skins

My first skin attempt. Alan Deere's (Biggin Hill Wing Leader) Spitfire. Credit goes to ICDP for his awsome 4K template.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuNMhyFUc37KjnZx_7US2fzkFcn3

Edit: fixed missing texture on clipped wings.

Edit 2: I have updated my first 2 skins with some small changes.

Also I forgot to mention I'm using old sky color mod: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/35425-mod-old-sky-color/

And all my screenshots are slightly changed to look like my reshade preset: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuNMhyFUc37KjnVwzMYPBElXlr1m

myxglIP.jpg 

BFp044G.png

S8yQZLj.png

Edited by Ouky1991
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 8

21 minutes ago, Raptorattacker said:

@Ouky1991 

Are you sure this is your first skin?? It's good, I like it! :salute:

I only combined existing skins before and done little weathering on them, so I could learn how to use GIMP. I'm not sure if it's ok to post skins made this way here. I contacted one of the creators (about week ago) if he would mind, but got no reply.

UDkUh5Q.png

@Ouky1991

I'm sure that if you use any others' work then as long as you credit them it's not really a problem. It's just a case of 'credit where credit's due'.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Raptorattacker said:

@Ouky1991

I'm sure that if you use any others' work then as long as you credit them it's not really a problem. It's just a case of 'credit where credit's due'.

I'll post it then.

7 hours ago, Ouky1991 said:

My first skin attempt. Alan Deere's (Biggin Hill Wing Leader) Spitfire. Credit goes to ICDP for his awsome 4K template.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuNMhyFUc37Ki3atas7B9PM0wS-9

Edit: fixed missing texture on clipped wings.

myxglIP.jpg 

TQhpVCl.png

rHjkrZO.png

This is one of the best Spit skins I've seen, you really got the wear, exhaust and weathering right!  If this is your first attempt I can't wait to see your work when you have a little more practice!!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, smink1701 said:

This is one of the best Spit skins I've seen, you really got the wear, exhaust and weathering right!  If this is your first attempt I can't wait to see your work when you have a little more practice!!!

Thank you.

5 hours ago, smink1701 said:

That's what I was thinking as well.

9 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

Very nice!

What about some Bf109 g-6 /g-14 skins?

I don't fly german  (nor russian) so no, but i could upload this skin without aditional layers so you can make it yourself if you want.

Oh no, thats not good idea. I know how to use( I think) win10 painting program for simple lines and thats all

3 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Oh no, thats not good idea. I know how to use( I think) win10 painting program for simple lines and thats all

That's me 3 weeks ago. have a look at tutorials here they helped a lot plus you can always find something on youtube/google

50 minutes ago, Ouky1991 said:

That's me 3 weeks ago. have a look at tutorials here they helped a lot plus you can always find something on youtube/google

Unfortunately I have enough time to play Box for approx. 1 or 2 hours late in the night. I dont have time and energy to learn this.

On 7/25/2018 at 11:21 PM, Ouky1991 said:

I don't fly german  (nor russian) so no, but i could upload this skin without aditional layers so you can make it yourself if you want.

Does that mean your weathering is on a template? I'd be very interested in your spitfire weathering.

9 hours ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

Does that mean your weathering is on a template? I'd be very interested in your spitfire weathering.

Unfortunatelly no. I started on the skin before that template got released and used some other WIP template that didn't have weathering leyers done. I would do it in different layer but I was still learning and didn't know how. But extracting that weathering (if you mean the exhaust weathering) shouldn't be that complicated. If that's what you mean, I could at least try.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ouky1991 said:

Unfortunatelly no. I started on the skin before that template got released and used some other WIP template that didn't have weathering leyers done. I would do it in different layer but I was still learning and didn't know how. But extracting that weathering (if you mean the exhaust weathering) shouldn't be that complicated. If that's what you mean, I could at least try.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah the exhaust weathering. I like my aircraft with a visual representation of abuse. If you could that would be grand.

1 hour ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

Thanks for the reply. Yeah the exhaust weathering. I like my aircraft with a visual representation of abuse. If you could that would be grand.

I tried and since it's extracted from green background it's gonna be better on green planes. I tested it on my 2nd skin and it looks wierd, maybe you can fix it. If so message me when you make your skin I'd like to see it.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuNMhyFUc37KjnR3eCbKvZgo911c

Edited by Ouky1991
  • Thanks 1

Zargos, your link doesn't seem to be working.

….Found it in your thread though. Thanks!!

5 minutes ago, Hopper64 said:

Zargos, your link doesn't seem to be working.

….Found it in your thread though. Thanks!!

Link fixed.

Thank you for mentionning the bug.

Wonderful skins indeed!  

You both are adding much to this already wonderful CFS!

Please keep them coming.

I would love to see a really war weary brown and green Spit.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, smink1701 said:

Something like that ?

171215-SpitV-007.jpg

171215-SpitV-004.jpg

Can find it here

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2018 at 4:46 AM, smink1701 said:

Wonderful skins indeed!  

You both are adding much to this already wonderful CFS!

Please keep them coming.

I'm working on one for Mk.IX

WIP:

IBQ2a2d.png

• Like 4

That is EXACTLY what I’m talking about. Weathered, faded by the sun, tired and used up. And green not grey.  LOVE IT!  Can’t wait to get it in the air. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, smink1701 said:

And green not grey

Yes indeed, but very unlikely ... brown/green paint schemes were not used after 1942 !

This would be a nice suit for a Mk.V anyway.

Edited by Zargos

You are right of course but my preferred color scheme for the Spit has always been the classic BOB brown and green so it's a wonderful addition to my collection. But if Ouky can make a similar suite for a Mk.V that would be most welcome!!!

No 92 Squadron RAF based at Biggin Hill.

I understand this skin would fit better for Mk.Vb but I prefer to fly Mk.IX.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuNMhyFUc37Kjnc3_wcr-T0kUZCO

Edit: I have updated my first 2 skins + additional info at first post.

uHcCb5G.jpg

eTZujkp.jpg

AxbsNqG.png

Iy5Z5ks.pngA8e0E7E.png

Edited by Ouky1991
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I'm gonna take a brake from making skins now, I get so focused on it that I forget to actually play the game.

Hello,

Here is my last Spitfire Mk.IX skin : the personnal plane of the French ace Pierre Clostermann (N°602 Sqn) in 1944 just after the D-Day.

The real plane was a Mk.IXc with a round tail as many pictures suggests.

180807-SPITIX-003.thumb.jpg.e4ba2d2eb814a6ee88e7b515615cfe77.jpg

More information and download here

Enjoy your flights

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

@Ouky1991 I would greatly appreciate some tips to be able to skin like you! You camo/paint schemes are in my opinion one of the best and I don’t know how you do it haha, do you have a special brush or setting I’m missing out on 😄 you get the paint looking just right. 

Edited by Bullets