JG27_Kornezov

JG27 is recruiting

Posted (edited)

The European branch of JG27 is recruting 2 pilots being able to fly on Monday 18:00 CET to 21:00 CET. We fly on the EU official server.
If you are a new pilot or a pilot with some experience but struggling to reach the next level you are a good candidate.

With the introduction of the new planes La 5 FN and P 39 the multiplayer arena has become more competitive than ever. The team tactics are the answer. If you want to learn how to fly as a  part of a team  with pilots which are knowing what they are doing you are welcome. So if you want to learn team tactics JG 27 is a squadron for you.

Some information.
If you have kill/death ratio close to 1 you can expect quick results from our individual training. If your kill/death ratio is below 1 you would need more time.

We are flying primarily the Luftwaffe's two great fighters of the second world war the Messerschmidt Bf-109 and Focke-Wulf Fw-190.

About JG27, our virtual squadron is one of the oldest still active squadrons. What we propose is mentor/trainee relationship in order to achieve the best results as fast as possible.

To apply you can write here or send me a PM on the forum.

Edited by JG27_Kornezov
  • Upvote 1

Remember that practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.  You could be doing flight sim for a decade, but if no one tells you that you're doing it wrong, you inevitably create a sense of self-validation because you're able to shoot down enemy planes - albeit in a crude way.

Posted (edited)

Yes there are, but the US guys are not regularly active. Now we switch our default session in Wednesday due to personal reasons. You can came and check the blue team in the Wings of liberty TS.  There are the guys from 77 too. Actually on Wings of liberty we cooperate a lot. You play with everybody and you find out with which guys you can fly together close or just cooperate depending on the situation, or even sometimes just shut down TS to cut off the noise LOL. It is not easy but it is rewarding. 

Bear in mind that if you do not know exactly what you are doing, a pilot is a liability on the team. Top performance is achieved only when you are in a team were everybody knows what is doing and you know each other well.

So training is basically accepting this liability and to take care of the pilot, sacrificing individual performance. So it is also taxing for the "instructor" LOL.
Check for example this team action I was flying with La Crepe from 77.

Edited by JG27_Kornezov

I am interested and I can fly in the given time period. I have no idea how to take a look at my K/D ratio but I estimate it to around 1.25-1.50, judging from a normal match.

Posted (edited)

I am very interested as well and can also fly during the given time period. However I only recently bought IL2 BoM BoK and therefore played only a fewmultiplayer sorties so far. I am not new to flight sims though, I have stacked up houndreds of hours in good old IL2 1946 and some hours in Warthunder.

As you guys seem to place a lot of focus on training and teamplay, I think you are want I am looking for.

Main languages: English

German

Edited by Z505

For some reason it is now I see all the messages. You can join for our next session Thursday at 18:15 CET at our

TS server:
jg27.typefrag.com:4040

We can meet before that for a training session you need to PM me.

To Bad I am already JG27 :D

Great Guy Kornezov don't be shy you can learn something

*Bump* :)

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

What our team is about is using modern era fighting doctrine in WW2 planes. So being in a team we can engage and  and try to survive in tactical  situations in which the common pilot is doomed. 

On 7/11/2018 at 2:04 AM, JonRedcorn said:

Is there a reason you guys prefer the official euro server? I can't say flying with tags on is too much fun.

The reason:

1. Right now we fly as a team once per week, very limited time,  so time sinks like flying and looking for targets are not a good option.
2. That kind of server is perfect for training of new recruits. That is the place to learn the team tactics. When you have the basics you can level up the challenge.

3. We do not want to bounce unsuspicious targets, they have all the instruments to know we are there. We want to train the recruits to fight in difficult tactical situations.
4. Last but not least, there are very good pilots there, maybe some of the best in the game who fly in the opposite team.

Actually

9./JG27 David Red is very very influential for me. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out his high angle of attack techniques of rudder, aileron and elevator coordination. I used a lot tacview to check if I can match the same performance characteristics looking at the alpha, and G load charts. At the end I realized that some people when you look at the telemetry data have peculiar characteristics. I can identify some people just by looking at the data, not even the track.

Another influential pilot for me is AK77. From him I learned some particular defensive techniques, he uses very fast alternations between positive and negative G loads combined with outside snap - rolls. So he is generating high speed over-shoot, in that way when you over shoot he has a very slight energy disadvantage and can counter-attack immediately.

And of course JG27_Papafly, he is the official JG27 team tactics guru master.

Edited by JG27_Kornezov
  • Thanks 1

i am looking to join a squadron i am not new to flight sims and have played dcs a lot but i am just getting bored since it just dosnt have the units or the maps to make ww2 interesting i am a vr pilot  i am 35 and from the uk and i am looking to play regularly i dont know what my skill level is but i know how to fly the bf 109 k4 in dcs and have 9/2 kills on players and 140/42 ai kills not amazing but the ai in dcs is a lot better then in il2 anyway please pm me or reply so i know if i can wing up and see what happens after that 

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the interest. JG27 stops current recruiting. I will post if there will be future recruitment cycle. It is vacation time.

We value quality over quantity. So we cannot accept people beyond our training capabilities. You can PM if you are very desperate :).

Edited by JG27_Kornezov