DjankoDK

Error: Automission start failed

Everytime i try to begin my career, (just before the flight), it pops up with another face than the one i choosed.
And then i get the message "Error. Automission start failed".

It makes the game impossible to play.

What can i do?

Johnny F. 

Error.pdf

The "restart" button in the career selection tab in the lower left corner fixed the Automission start failed error for me. Pilot picture is still wrong after that.

Good luck!

4 hours ago, DjankoDK said:

Everytime i try to begin my career, (just before the flight), it pops up with another face than the one i choosed.
And then i get the message "Error. Automission start failed".

It makes the game impossible to play.

What can i do?

Johnny F. 

Error.pdf

I have the same issue when I tried to start a career (v3.001).  I noticed that just before I clicked on Proceed, that it showed me as taking off from airfield "null", so that's likely the issue (i.e. airfield isn't getting assigned for some reason).  I'll try the restart button, thanks for the suggestion steppa.

Edited by AKA_Relent

I tried it again today and it seems to continue to work, although i´m also starting from null airfield. This seems to be a more widespread bug but does not cause the automission start error.

"null" means zero in german, maybe it´s a way of counting the airfields your unit is stationed at during your career, but i´m probably reading to much of whats not there into it.

@DjankoDK@AKA_Relent did it work for you?

I tried hitting restart but it happened again (automission start error).   But this time there was a Next Day button available, seemed like something happened that skipped that day.  After I hit Next day, I was able to actually get a mission to load and flew a mission.

Seems like there is some fine tuning of the career code needed.  Hopefully the devs will review.  There are lots of moving parts so I expect it will take some time.

I started another career as an IL2 pilot, battle of Moscow, same pattern.  At first, when I hit Proceed I got the Automission start error.  Then I selected the new campaign and clicked Restart, with the same pattern, and automission start error.  Just like before, when I clicked Next Mission it loaded the mission and I was able to fly.  So the suggestion by steppa to restart the career seems to be doing the trick for me.  As for null, I suspect it's more for the programming term, more than likely a null object (BoX written in C++?), and maybe the issue is caused by some code attempting to reference a property or method of a null object reference.

No. Nothing worked for me.

I tried to restart. I tried to validate my files and 1 tried starting in the air. Nothing help.

Now i will try to reinstall the game and come back to you.

I hope the Dev team are reading all of this too!

I have had this error message as well. When it happens I was unable to proceed with my career. Had to start a new one and it happened again after one mission. Havent played career since because of this problem and because I havent been able to get it to run smoothly enough. 

Dear all ladies,

I may have an solution.
I uninstalled the game, and reinstalled it again, and now it works fine for me.
One error though. When the message comes that the mission is complete, it is written in french. I can live with that but...it should be changed.