Jason_Williams

Game version 3.001 discussion: Final Release of the Battle of Kuban

3 hours ago, fossmarkluni said:

and it is the closest experience I ever had to the real deal.

So you have real life experience in the 190 A3 to compare it to the game? Man you are a lucky Guy. :)

I know i know, im just joking. ;)

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:54 AM, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

I wouldn't think so, as steam made 4.3 billion this last fiscal, and they really did not share their shares..

Steam takes off the top 60%, so it would benefit the Team and Dev's if you just purchased from their Store, to give them full 100%  benefits. you already have to log in to their web page on the game, so you already have a log in to their store.

WOW Really 60% ????? Is that True?

hi all

I´ve noticed that when you climb high and need the oxygen mask in the pilot's exterior model does not appear the oxygen mask on, I dont know if anyone else has same issue or this detail has been overlooked. any ideas?

1 minute ago, 7./JG.54Muscat82 said:

hi all

I´ve noticed that when you climb high and need the oxygen mask in the pilot's exterior model does not appear the oxygen mask on, I dont know if anyone else has same issue or this detail has been overlooked. any ideas?

Never been modeled for any plane.

1 minute ago, LukeFF said:

Never been modeled for any plane.

I think it's an important detail isnt it? Is there any reason why its not modeled? just out of curiosity:P

31 minutes ago, 7./JG.54Muscat82 said:

I think it's an important detail isnt it? Is there any reason why its not modeled? just out of curiosity:P

yes, it was stated 2 years ago not in the budget. But will look into modeling it in the future but not likely.

Down to the nitty gritty; there's been a definite improvement in the players plane handling and especially the enemy ai IMO. I've been with this since the very beginning and I can genuinely say that the initial offering was pretty poor - some of the player's aircraft seemed to bounce around in flight like they were on the end of a rope, the P-40E especially being a prime example, but several others too. Whilst in SP it was possible to fly around pretty much carefree in a sky supposedly occupied by hostiles without any of them bothering you unless in a head-on pass, the enemy ai was poor to say the least, almost non existent in fact.

But now the plane handling seems much better, also I've been shot down a couple of times from my 6 and on many other occasions have been forced to break off after taking hits from enemy fighters that now no longer just ignore me, in one instance I'm sure the ai pilot was actually seeking me out throughout the dogfight for special treatment! At one time this was unheard of in BoS!! So much, much better and credit to the devs for finally sorting the SP out. One thing though, I preferred the old SP career mode, the new one is fine but I just don't often get the time in one stretch to dawdle around the sky awaiting action. Would be nice if the accelerate time mode could have an automatic cut-out when EA appear in your vicinity?

To show how pleased I am with the way this has improved, I no longer fly il-2 1946 which looks very aged by comparison, but until now had the better SP experience. This is the game we all hoped for when it was first launched.

Been looking forward to flying the A20 and P39 for a long time. Before I buy, can anyone offer their opinion on how well Kuban will run on my setup:

Asus P8P67 LE Motherboard with USB 3.0 - B3
8GB PC3-10666 DDR3 Memory
Intel Core i5 2500K Sandy Bridge Processor Overclocked to up to 4.0GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7800 2GB

Given the amount of flying I do I can't justify any kind of upgrade so will pass if my PC is not up to it.

Well, to be honest, I think your video card won't make it (only 2GB video memory is absolutely very, very low!) or

at least only with very low settings and all eye-candy off. Sorry mate.

Cheers

1 hour ago, [DBS]Fodder said:

Been looking forward to flying the A20 and P39 for a long time. Before I buy, can anyone offer their opinion on how well Kuban will run on my setup:

AMD Radeon HD 7800 2GB

Given the amount of flying I do I can't justify any kind of upgrade so will pass if my PC is not up to it.

You will get away with it on min settings.

See:

Minimum system requirements

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i5/i7 2.8 ГГц
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 660/Radeon HD 7770 with 2GB VRAM or better
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • RAM: 4 Gb+
  • Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible
  • Storage space: 10 Gb+
  • Internet connection: 256Kb/s for single-player campaign, 1Mb/s and faster for multi-player
  • DirectX® compatible flight stick is recommended
Edited by AeroAce

2 hours ago, AeroAce said:

Minimum system requirements

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i5/i7 2.8 ГГц
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 660/Radeon HD 7770 with 2GB VRAM or better
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • RAM: 4 Gb+
  • Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible
  • Storage space: 10 Gb+
  • Internet connection: 256Kb/s for single-player campaign, 1Mb/s and faster for multi-player
  • DirectX® compatible flight stick is recommended

Yes, but you forgot to mention that these requirements never saw any changes and are originally

from May 1945, just right after the capitulation of good old Germany...:salute:

• Haha 2

@Fodder

Your CPU is largely equal to mine in performance (i5-6500).

Your GPU is weaker than mine (relates in 2:3 to my GTX 1050 Ti).

Question is your display resolution. @1080p I'm able to run Kuban in near maxed-out settings with decent frame rates, provided only a few aircraft are involved (Quick missions). The game is currently not optimized well, but hopefully it will change with time. If you're ready to spend some time with tweaking your system and fiddling with settings, you'll be able to enjoy this game, provided you don't want more than 1080p.

2 hours ago, sniperton said:

The game is currently not optimized well, but hopefully it will change with time.

Yeah, I've been fiddling around with mine and can get a rough average of 70fps+ dropping when there's loads of others in the air and the optimisation will DEFINITELY happen. It always seems to after updates, sooner rather than later and then back to business as usual! I run a GTX1060 6gb and a 3.6ghz processor and it's been struggling but like I say, after a bit of tweaking...

8 hours ago, [DBS]Fodder said:

AMD Radeon HD 7800 2GB

I have borderline the same computer as you. My GPU is a 7850 with 3GB, but my CPU is at stock speeds.

Even at minimum settings the Kuban map is unplayable for me. In a QMB 4 vs 4 over the coast I get an average of 50 fps, with frequent dips to 30 fps. The career mode is just slideshow presentation of the Kuban landscape. For comparison, using these same settings I have 90-100 FPS average in the Stalingrad and Moscow maps, and ~70 FPS in the career mode. 

But, this last update broke Kuban for me. Before 3.01 i could get an average of 70 fps with dips to 50-55, which was not ideal, but still very much enjoyable. Still hoping for a hotfix.

Edited by Pupo

Hey PuPo, i bought a computer at best buy last year, with Windows 10 (not a big fan of the 10 but thats another story)    i paid 600 dollars for it, came with a gigabyte motherboard,16 gigs of DDR3 memory, i had a R7 200 series card laying around and i installed a 700w corsair PS and it runs the game with no problems whatsoever however i dont play online so not sure how it would do with 4 million people on the screen.

Cant remember what the processor is but probably something that came out in the last 2 years or so, even with this massive update that just came out once in a blue moon it will stutter a bit but its so minor its hardly noticeable, i know this doesn't help you but just wanted to throw this out there since some people think you have to spend 5 thousand dollars on a computer to play this game when you really dont,i also Don't play the game very often so i understand what you mean about going too much over budget about something you really wont be messing with too much.   BTW, this new update is incredible,reminds me of buying a super expensive and complicated cellphone that has so many features you probably wont use them all in the phones lifetime,very intimidating to me,lol, but i am very appreciative of what the team did, its super nice and a labor of love for sure!!!

8 minutes ago, RouseTigerbong said:

How do you update to the new 3.001 version?

Start the game with the Launcher, it should check , find, download and install the latest update.

On 19.3.2018 at 5:43 PM, -=[GIAP]=-JG52*ErmarShell* said:

I appreciate it a lot, too. Though I still can't appreciate the missing hint BEFORE buying a collector plane that one can't use it in the campaign mode. Still. At least not in BoS and BoM - while making sense for the latter, since it wasn't officially introduced back then yet, it doesn't make sense for BoS, for in Apr 1943 the Yak-1b was available. Maybe I also have to buy BoK? But I had not bought the Yak-1b (Fw-190) I I had known this before. Utterly useless to me now, which I had to find out the hard way when the money was already wasted. Only usable in quick missions and MPs, which I don't play. Not awesome at all.

You can fly the FW190 A3 in a BOS career, just not in the first and the last chapter. But in the remainig chapters it is available.

For the Yak-1b, it is quite clear, that it can't be available for the BOS career, if it started service in April 1943, when BOS only lasts untill 02/02/1943, and I don't think it lasted longer in the old BOS campaign.

On 31/03/2018 at 1:57 AM, Jade_Monkey said:

I think it had a huge performance impact on the main menu. I cant remember where i read thay though.

It also seemed rather out of place too.  All that obsessive welding in a hangar for aircraft made of aluminium, wood and fabric. :)

On 4/3/2018 at 9:56 AM, [DBS]Fodder said:

AMD Radeon HD 7800 2GB

I have the same MB and i5 as you (I am not overclocked) with 16 GB of RAM but have a TI-1050 with 4GB of RAM.   I play against AI with next to ULTRA settings.  I am getting around 60 FPS.  I am going to wait a year before I build another computer.  The graphics processor seems to be the most important thing for this game.  At least for playing against AI with up to 16 planes (quick missions). 

Edited by MaxTurn
spelling

As a result of BOK being 3 months overdue, I think in the future they will release almost everything in stages and focus mainly on the big picture first, then additional items.

I crashed into a tree and pushed it over. It was pretty cool. 

No slowdowns as such.  It seems to run at a pretty constant 75 FPS.  I did tweak my graphics card settings to enhance performance though.

Best regards,

Player controlled tanks use the new visual tech that simulates prismatic optical instruments;
Player controlled tank Panzer III now has a movable prismatic visor and armor hatches that can cover the view slits;

Does anyone know how I enable the drivers optic in the Pzr III.

11 hours ago, PzUmurkz said:

Player controlled tanks use the new visual tech that simulates prismatic optical instruments;
Player controlled tank Panzer III now has a movable prismatic visor and armor hatches that can cover the view slits;

Does anyone know how I enable the drivers optic in the Pzr III.

If its not toggle Canopy command I'd think it would be the same command as gunsight filter toggle, don't know what default is though, Alt + F?

You also have a new command called "open window". If the two that Jordan mentioned do not work then you might try that one as well.

On 4/5/2018 at 5:49 AM, Space_Ghost said:

BOK wasn't "3 months overdue."

It was released Q1 2018 just as advertised.

It was planned to have been released in December 2017. Then it got pushed to the latter half of January, finally to mid March

16 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

It was planned to have been released in December 2017. Then it got pushed to the latter half of January, finally to mid March

And what does it matter at this point?

• Upvote 1

Not only does it not matter at this point but there was a completely justifiable reason which was clearly communicated by the devs about it. The lead programmer, on an admittedly small team, was absent and attending to a personal crises. Lots of software is delayed for various production reasons and mismanagement. That is not the case here. In the greater scheme of things, a sixty to ninety day postponement in the gaming industry is negligible in the modern age. There is no subterfuge beyond that.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, 216th_Jordan said:

If its not toggle Canopy command I'd think it would be the same command as gunsight filter toggle, don't know what default is though, Alt + F?

11 hours ago, Field-Ops said:

You also have a new command called "open window". If the two that Jordan mentioned do not work then you might try that one as well.

Thank you guys,

Right Alt and C does bring the optic across in front of the drivers view but I can not find a key to push forward onto the optics. So the view is worse than before :) surely I am missing a trick here.

jeff

2 minutes ago, PzUmurkz said:

Thank you guys,

Right Alt and C does bring the optic across in front of the drivers view but I can not find a key to push forward onto the optics. So the view is worse than before :) surely I am missing a trick here.

jeff

56 minutes ago, PzUmurkz said:

Thank you guys,

jeff

But have you tried the gunsight filter?

2 hours ago, 216th_Jordan said:

But have you tried the gunsight filter?

Yes Jordan, L Alt and F, not working for the drivers optic.

On 3/26/2018 at 6:07 PM, dburne said:

I would uninstall Steam in a heartbeat

:biggrin:

10 hours ago, PzUmurkz said:

Yes Jordan, L Alt and F, not working for the drivers optic.

You made me curious, so I gave it a try. I even tried the 'Toggle Gunsight' command, without success. So the only possibility, to see better  through the driver optic, I found, was leaning forward, so the TrackIR brings me closer to it. You can see better, but it is far away from how it should be. Especially when the tank is moving, then the movement pulls you back, away from the optic. Maybe it works better with VR.

Thank you Yogi, the current situation is like having a pair of binoculars a few inches from your eyes, not very useful. I can not believe  this is how it is meant to be.

Edited by PzUmurkz