Jason_Williams

Game version 3.001 discussion: Final Release of the Battle of Kuban

Jason, Han team and everyone involved:

JOB WELL DONE

I absolutely love the texture of the Stalingrad map. Much better and much more "believable".

Thank you guys, very much.

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, coconut said:

I've had flickering issues in the mission editor due to GSYNC, it was trying to go down to 50FPS. Which it did, and that caused the screen flickering. In my case I fixed by disabling GSYNC in desktop mode (the mission editor is a separate app which does not run in fullscreen), no big loss for me. Not sure if it's applicable to you, but worth a try maybe.

And by the way, the mission editor now feels a lot more snappy. I appreciate that.

Coconut,

Thank you very much, I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Best regards,

15 hours ago, kendo said:

2 different issues here:

yes, the main hangar menu screen has been changed to remove the welder + noises

Also an option was put in to turn on or off the title music. It's in:       Settings > Sound ---------> Title Music

If you want the music back tick the checkbox. (I turned mine off.  Prefer it that way....  :)   )

I actually don't hear any music with "Title Music" checked. I just hear the background noises, so I must have a problem, then.

How far this Sim has come ! I think , as it stands, BOS is "THE" WW2 Sim...Also, I think, the new (and some Old Reluctant) faces around here reflect that..

Good Stuff Team ! Keep going ! ~S~

So many bugs and not a little hotfix yet :(

The new GFX is awesome with the advanced view distance.

1 hour ago, jaydee said:

I think , as it stands, BOS is "THE" WW2 Sim..

I would say, it the best WW2 Flight GAME, in my opionion to far away to call it a Sim in point of FM and DM.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/24/2018 at 4:38 AM, II./JG1_Labroisse said:

Here is an example of this with medium clouds.  Same or worse on High clouds:

2018_3_23__2_6_28.thumb.jpg.64b717928bc4ac6430f6abbb8bcfa5b4.jpg

2018_3_23__2_6_40.jpg

2018_3_23__2_6_55.jpg

2018_3_23__2_7_53.jpg

Clouds, on Low worse with pixelisation, on High, better.  Not sure what does it but I don't think clouds effect performance as much as Shadows do so leaving them on Medium or High should be ok.

34 minutes ago, ZG15_dasSofa said:

I would say, it the best WW2 Flight GAME, in my opionion to far away to call it a Sim in point of FM and DM.

Might not have mouse clickable cockpit and engine startup is automated but with the right controls, most of the cockpit capabilities are mappable.  FM and DM as opposed to what Sim that exists for PC users in a WW2 setting?  I would love to know of it's existence if there is anything that comes close or surpasses the current Il2 BoS series.

It probably has the best FM and DM any PC simulator has at the moment, due to the models being dynamic instead of static. (AFAIK only XPlane takes a similar approach) Some people just think that if it isn't hard enough or doesn't match their experiences from other sims that it isn't realistic. Its not perfect but the FM at least is very close to the real thing.

Edited by 216th_Jordan
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, ZG15_dasSofa said:

Well, I think the devs are at work to iron out each and every bug (if reported).

If you do not want to call this a sim, it's up to you. But is there any other software out there that you would call a sim?

I love this sim/game/software/whateveryacallit.

On 3/23/2018 at 5:50 PM, Godspeed said:

I know this...

You dont seem to understand point some people will never buy stuff from here.

I do and question is not for me but many people who are waiting to buy it from Steam.

There are customers with cash in their hands who are willing to use it when possible.

So you were asking for the crowd that only buys from steam but also reads the forum, but wont ask the question themselves? Ok. for some reason I didn't get that from your original post.

Either way, the "I bought BOS on steam can I buy BOM/BOK from website?" question is one I have seen so many times. It bears repeating the answer.

Congratulations Jason and team and thank you for a very nice new game version release :)

Thanks for continuing to deliver and thanks for  communicating so well with the community and the regular updates. 

Please keep up all the good work.  I wish you all the very best of luck for the future.

Happy landings,

Talisman 

I was wondering if there's a way to change the pilot portrait to a custom image in career mode? I really liked the feature in the original 1946.

14 hours ago, thebusdriver said:

So... no more Steam releases?

I wouldn't think so, as steam made 4.3 billion this last fiscal, and they really did not share their shares..

2 hours ago, Cpt_Cool said:

So you were asking for the crowd that only buys from steam but also reads the forum, but wont ask the question themselves? Ok. for some reason I didn't get that from your original post.

Either way, the "I bought BOS on steam can I buy BOM/BOK from website?" question is one I have seen so many times. It bears repeating the answer.

Steam takes off the top 60%, so it would benefit the Team and Dev's if you just purchased from their Store, to give them full 100%  benefits. you already have to log in to their web page on the game, so you already have a log in to their store.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

Steam takes off the top 60%, so it would benefit the Team and Dev's if you just purchased from their Store, to give them full 100%  benefits. you already have to log in to their web page on the game, so you already have a log in to their store.

This can't be overstated. Please, support the devs and buy from the store directly!

1 minute ago, FarflungWanderer said:

This can't be overstated. Please, support the devs and buy from the store directly!

Agree with this.

There is only one reason I have Steam installed, and that is because BoX requires Steam VR to run the game in my Rift.

If they will ever offer native Oculus support I would uninstall Steam in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, Metzelainen said:

I was wondering if there's a way to change the pilot portrait to a custom image in career mode? I really liked the feature in the original 1946.

No, there is not.

6 hours ago, Metzelainen said:

Perhaps the Devs will add it. This is just a gut feeling, but it looks like you should be able to add a custom photo or image.

A bit late to the Party ,  but I had my first 3.001 flights yesterday and it Looks stunning ! 

THANK YOU JASON ; HAN & THE REST oF THE IL-2 TEAM !  Awesome work :biggrin:

The improved view distance really adds so much to the SIM,

Although im very happy with 3.001 , I noticed  some serious lags/ stuttering in MP on the Berloga Dogfight Server for the first time... hoping to find a cure for this

Cheers Jabo

--------------------

I-5 2400 @ 3,1Ghz

24GB DDR3 RAM

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 960 Windforce 2X OC 4GB GDDR5
Win 7 - 64 Pro

51 minutes ago, Jabo2009 said:

Although im very happy with 3.001 , I noticed  some serious lags/ stuttering in MP on the Berloga Dogfight Server for the first time... hoping to find a cure for this

Cheers Jabo

Have you tried increasing you upload and download values in the multiplayer game settings? If not, put it at least to 4mb down/up and if you can 10mb/4mb down/up or even 10mb/10mb down/up. I do however think that this value is Mbit and not really MB, not sure though.

13 minutes ago, 216th_Jordan said:

Have you tried increasing you upload and download values in the multiplayer game settings? If not, put it at least to 4mb down/up and if you can 10mb/4mb down/up or even 10mb/10mb down/up. I do however think that this value is Mbit and not really MB, not sure though.

No, haven't tried that , will do so tonight.  thx : )

Hello Developers,

I started a new career and on the last mission in the first chapter the mission was to move the base. I had 4 meters per second wind and took an emergency landing because my aircraft made a looping from the side... but thats only how i become in stuck. I can´t continue the career anymore. Every time i start this career I become this error-message: Picture1:

20180321181239_1.jpg

2 hours ago, Flynco said:

Hi there are skins for A20 Havoc? 

The official template was released only yesterday, don't You think it's a bit too early to ask for custom skins? :biggrin:

Edited by Art-J

39 minutes ago, Art-J said:

The official template was released only yesterday, don't You think it's a bit too early to ask for custom skins? :biggrin:

Yeah, doubt there are any skins out yet. 

Also: is that a b-24 engine in your profile picture?

On 3/25/2018 at 5:22 AM, kendo said:

2 different issues here:

yes, the main hangar menu screen has been changed to remove the welder + noises

Also an option was put in to turn on or off the title music. It's in:       Settings > Sound ---------> Title Music

If you want the music back tick the checkbox. (I turned mine off.  Prefer it that way....  :)   )

I found the solution. The menu music is now tied to the "Interface Sounds" option. I had that off in previous versions, but the music still played. However, with "Interface Sounds" disabled, the title music does not play.

On 3/26/2018 at 1:43 PM, 216th_Jordan said:

(AFAIK only XPlane takes a similar approach) 

They might have this approach. But they are very far out of the runway yet :lol:

Do u think at the future the contacts could be detected at more than 10 km?

Thanks..

Edited by E69_McKinley
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, E69_McKinley said:

Do u think at the future the contacts could be detected at more than 10 km?

Thanks..

I'm sure we'll get there - look at how much the team has already done.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I miss the welder! can you put someone on the Machine Lathe?

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

I miss the welder! can you put someone the the Machine Lathe?

I was surprised it was removed. Not a big dial for me, but I kind of liked it. I wonder about the reason ....

1 minute ago, PA_Spartan- said:

I was surprised it was removed. Not a big dial for me, but I kind of liked it. I wonder about the reason ....

Presumably he was making 3.001all this time and has taken a well earned vacation.

I don't know but perhaps in a dark room there was a potential risk of epilepsy inducing graphics??

• Haha 1

To be honest; I don't miss the welder at all.

I would like to see a version where either the wreckage of the ditched aircraft or just the pilot is standing shamefaced in front of a peeved Chief Mechanic at the mission end...

Especially if you stuffed a perfectly good aircraft on take off or landing....

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, PA_Spartan- said:

I think it had a huge performance impact on the main menu. I cant remember where i read thay though.

I already posted earlier on how awesome this update is and the Sim in general... just amazing and probably the best experience out there!!

As a Vive player, the only negative thing I have to report that spoils the overall experience for me as is the impact clouds seem to have. Although they look amazing, they introduce some sort of jitter as if the FPS has dropped to something like 25 although the FPS counter is still indicating 45+. Multiplayer online games are the worst effected,  even at 65 FPS it still seems jittery to point I am leaving games.Whenever I play single offline missions, I leave the clouds off allowing a silky smooth VR experience between 50 to 89 FPS. I have experimented with the quality of clouds option in the graphics menu, but it doesn't make much, if any difference.

I hope this can be improved or if not, maybe provide an additional option in the clouds graphics menu to turn them off, even if they have been chosen for a game. Is that even possible?

Thanks again to the development team for your awesome work!!  

Thank you for this great update, this is simply one of the best simulators on the market.

Seeing my beloved Fw190A3 over the mountains in the Kuban map during free flight is simply bliss. The whole package is extremely well executed, and it is the closest experience I ever had to the real deal. 

Keep up the great work!