SCG_motoadve

More planes or mire content?

1. Dynamic campaign in which outcome of your squadrons sorties have believable effects on front lines.

2. VR bug fixes

3. More diverse radio voices and comm types

4. In cockpit ambient sounds

5. Better AI

6. Easier Mission editor

7. Title music playing in flight

8. Better sound effect (wheel break and winds over wings sound exactly the same for all planes)

9. Snipers inside pe2 and aaa batteries

10. Better UI

• Upvote 2

11. North Afrika theatre with brit carriers.

12. Persistent scripted campaign. Right now scripted campaigns refresh maps after each mission like super mario stages.

13. Better skins (numbers and deco layers)

14. Better ground ai. Tanks and machine gunners are shooting at upslope of hills because they are aiming at a target behind the hill.

• Upvote 2

You don't get any of those things if you don't buy more planes. 

I used to be quite certain of that.  However these days I suspect if aircraft sales began to wane, the devs would find it worthwhile taking a second look at more immersive elements and a better ambient environment.

I used to be quite certain of that.  However these days I suspect if aircraft sales began to wane, the devs would find it worthwhile taking a second look at more immersive elements and a better ambient environment.

Exactly, IE: Rain on canopies, extended view range, reduced tree popping, enhanced shadows, mirrors, etc.

I would expect to see more additions of effects since it appears to be paying off. At least from an outside perspective on these forums. And the fact that they have an effects department that they have to do things with. 

Most of what I want is coming with this update but there are a few that Id like to expand on or bring up because there has been no word on them.

Some things on my effects wishlist include:

-In addition to rain, have oil, fuel, and water from radiators all produce a similar effect on canopies. Perhaps even expand it out to being visible on things other than your windshield.

-More constant exhaust flame to be closer to reality.

-Larger smoke plume from engine exhaust upon startup which the propeller will push back faster than what we currently have.

-Windshield parallax (would give real advantages to flat windscreens vs rounded ones or harshly curved ones)

-Bullet holes be individually made rather than have pre-made sections of battle damage. Doesn't make much sense to have tons of small caliber holes when you only took one hit from a heavy MG. 

+1 to all of sinned's suggestions. 

Particularly a North African or Central Med. map with carriers. It's an underused theater in gaming, and seems to be a natural progression from the land/sea map of Kuban, and a stepping stone to a Pacific campaign. 

Edited by Porkins
  • Upvote 1

Also +1 to sinned's suggestions.

I would add:

a.  recon mechanism

b.  better stats for transports

c.  course-hold (i.e. Mode-1) for bombers

More planes would be nice of course... but a more diverse set of planes would be far better.

• Reconnaissance
  • Maritime Patrol
  • Search-and-Rescue
  • Artillery spotter
  • Torpedo-bomber
  • Liaison
  • Trainer-aircraft
  • Tug / Glider

And then put in the mechanisms, stats and triggers to support those roles. Things like torpedoes, arty-spotting, seaplanes, working-radios, depth-charges, spy-drops, etc., etc..

• Upvote 3

The outstanding strategic air victories in WW2 were won by carrier based air and by high-altitude fighters defending or attacking strategic bombers. The Russian theater was of overwhelming importance, but Eastern Front air forces were for the most part used at low altitudes in direct tactical support of the land forces. Low-level tactical air combat is interesting, but it is only a part of the WW2 aviation experience. The gameplay is becoming stale. I would settle for a Gulf of Tonkin map with carriers, even if I had to fly LaGG-3's off of them. But if carriers are too difficult to implement at the moment, there is another way to ease into naval combat. If this is going to remain a low-level tactical game, it would be nice at least to add some variety, such as the incredible coordinated mass low-level attack on naval forces seen in the Battle of the Bismarck Sea. We already have the P-40 and the A-20. All a Bismarck Sea scenario would require would be a map and four airplanes: B-25, Beaufighter, P-38, Zeke. You could argue for more but those would get you there and move the Pacific project along by focusing only on code for bomb and torpedo damage to ships, and leaving the aircraft carrier development for subsequent stages. I hope we will get some naval stuff soon, I am not getting any younger here!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Bismarck_Sea

Edited by Vig
  • Upvote 1

Seems to me patch 3.001 is bringing a huge amount of new content and new aircraft 

I shall enjoy my cake and eat it..

Cheers, Dakpilot

• Upvote 1

Nah, planes dont sell without content.

Learn some lessons.

Ok, then pretend that you’re paying for better maps when you buy Kuban, and that the planes are just bonus content. Problem solved.

I’m not sure how you’ll justify the paying for the G6 and La5FN as something else, but I’m sure you can think of something.

They’re already doing that.

15. Jetseat support.

16. Blood canopy and severed limbs of pilots and soldiers.

17. Longer duration of explosion smokes.

18. More robust engine status gauges.

19. More dynamic plane fluid leak effects.

20. Better ejection sequence of bomber gunners.