SCG_motoadve

More planes or mire content?

What does get you more excited to get?

Seems to be I from what I read often in this community.

New planes get the vote?

I am more into the more content and more detail , more options , campaign, coop, new detailed maps,new details added to the Yak modelling.

I think this gives more longevity to the game more than new planes .

I like new planes too, but new content is what I like more.

Developers give a good balance I think.

I don't think we have to make a choice necessarily. The guys who work on aircraft aren't the mapping guys and while I'm sure they share artists across multiple areas we can have our cake and eat it too. Sort of. Within reason :)

• Upvote 1

At this point, more content and details.

There are enough interesting aircraft to tide me over but filling the gaps with better/more detailed modeling, reworking old features, old maps, etc. doesn't produce revenue or pay the bills.

At this point, more content and details.

There are enough interesting aircraft to tide me over but filling the gaps with better/more detailed modeling, reworking old features, old maps, etc. doesn't produce revenue or pay the bills.

Agree here... content and details for the win. Half the time I join a server I get overwhelmed with the selection of planes to choose.

But like Space Ghost mentioned, if there’s a way to profit more from it then it would be done..

But I suppose it’s a cycle.. we buy plane packs, they get funds, they improve game to our liking and their goal..

When tank crew and ww1 content are available for preperchase im sure we’ll see some more surprises in further updates :)

Content!

As in a big fat juicy QMB with all the trimmings. And I'm happy to pay for it.

And new maps. Gotta love new maps.

I think they kind of both go hand in hand.

Having said that, I own all the currently available planes and to date have only actually flown like three of them lol.

I would certainly never complain about more content.

Edited by dburne

For the Eastern Front 1941-43 we have a pretty ok planeset by now. 

I vote for more content, especially maps.

I would like more importance with cargo, medieval, and supplies..

Perhaps the new career mode will have a dedicated ju52 mission set

But red need transport plane too %100

• Upvote 1

I would like more importance with cargo, medieval, and supplies..

Perhaps the new career mode will have a dedicated ju52 mission set

But red need transport plane too %100

I agree. It would be hugely useful in MP. Really surprised that we don't already have one.

More content. Some depth of gameplay. Please.

Every time a new aircraft is due to be released, I find myself thinking that this will be the key. The missing link that will suddenly bring it all together for me and I can start enjoying the game, the way I always hoped I would. Then the patch day arrives and the new aircraft is released. I fly around for maybe an hour at most in the vacuum of singleplayer, with only the crushing repetition of the AI voice acting for company. Then I exit the game and go back to hoping the next patch will bring some soul with it.

I'll pay just about anything for some immersive gameplay, but I think I'm done buying aircraft.

• Upvote 6

More content. Some depth of gameplay. Please...........

,....... with only the crushing repetition of the AI voice acting for company.

I would love the ability to contact ground when I wanted to. When I load up qmb freeflight and there’s someone communicating with ground I’m looking for a wingman that isn’t there.. oh it’s me... it would be nice to have control of this sequence.

Also being able to spot and report ground units when I see them, not guessing where they are once the autocomm announces it...

Some variations in character voices would be cool too, I’m not certain but I always seem to hear the same person calling out “wounded!” Etc...

Did I mention I love this sim?

I vote for more content, especially maps.

But isn't the reason people want extra maps because of the extra planes that could go with them ?

In some ways it may be one problem with BOBP that some issues get put off....but hopefully not. I am buying it tomorrow and I'm really excited about my 'not quite anything yet' purchase. :yahoo:

I would love the ability to contact ground when I wanted to. When I load up qmb freeflight and there’s someone communicating with ground I’m looking for a wingman that isn’t there.. oh it’s me... it would be nice to have control of this sequence.

I would like that as well.

• Upvote 1

Right now im all for UK, US and Japanese aircraft just because we don't have any. If the 3 battle pack we have now were not just Eastern front I'd go for more content. Right now i don't get too enthused about flying because I'm just not that into German or Russian aircraft. Even with more content right now I still wouldn't get excited about flying. So for me it's aircraft of those 3 nations.

For me too it's more content that I hope for.

Stuff like radio navigation, contact altimeter, fuel management, realistic modeled autopilot, working course setters...

:salute:

• Upvote 1

More players is what is needed.

Otherwise there will be no more new content.

BTW, planes are content.

Edited by BlitzPig_EL
  • Upvote 1

Unfortunately my main request and hope is probably not what's best for the game's future development in that it won't do much as far as attracting new customers and therefore keeping the franchise healthy. My main request is to have MP fixed. The WOL stats don't work, the server frequently gets buggy...etc. I understand that I'm not the demographic priority and I can live with that as I want the franchise to be successful and that means new "Western" planes and a robust SP. Hopefully MP will get fixed one day.

• Upvote 1

Content and PLEASE no more 109s or additional variants of what we already have.

Thank you for your time.

Out!

Unfortunately my main request and hope is probably not what's best for the game's future development in that it won't do much as far as attracting new customers and therefore keeping the franchise healthy. My main request is to have MP fixed. The WOL stats don't work, the server frequently gets buggy...etc. I understand that I'm not the demographic priority and I can live with that as I want the franchise to be successful and that means new "Western" planes and a robust SP. Hopefully MP will get fixed one day.

Going into this year and next I do hope that multiplayer will be a development priority. Now that single player looks like it has received the attention that it so desperately needed.

New multiplayer features for sure but also some serious work on stability and performance too. I know the team knows that and they just have limited time but I do look forward to what they can potentially pull together over time on this area.

• Upvote 1

I love this product and have always blindly stucked up for the DEVs but I am starting to get really annoyed about all the little things that are not "streamlined". I do think that they should not rush into new ac.... and what they need to do is sort the game out from the bottom

Edited by AeroAce

I wish you gave the option for "more bugfixes". Nowadays everything "new" that is added just reminds me of many of the ongoing issues the game has (that has been pointed out in Bug reports) that has not been fixed for a long time.

I wish you gave the option for "more bugfixes". Nowadays everything "new" that is added just reminds me of many of the ongoing issues the game has (that has been pointed out in Bug reports) that has not been fixed for a long time.

If you look at (and read last year or so) patch notes there have been a lot of bug fixes, perhaps the perception is that bugs that are more relevant to certain people are just taking more time, or are on the list but not currently possible due to resources 

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12826-game-updates/

I would say that the huge update to career coming soon is a massive bug fix

most of the big (and small)  issues are acknowledged and just waiting for staff/resources to be assigned, but wages have to be paid/funded in the meantime..it is a sad but true economic truth

Cheers, Dakpilot

As I said before, and still remains unfortunately true, there is a set of quality of life bugs that have been present for years, not just months. I appreciate the bugfixing that does happen - and do not deny it, but the fact that some bugs persist for more than a year is bewildering.

Not relevant to the topic here, but I'll just remind of one of the frustrating ones - MP server joining and getting repeatedly kicked out trying to join servers, while the game waits for the map to load first before kicking you out.

I purchased IL2 because I was excited by "Battle of Kuban", which is not yet fully released. Better net-code and multiplayer chat functionality could use few improvements, as well.

So - for me, what is officially planned is plenty enough, to feel excited - just add bug-fixes and keep the deadlines, please.

Talk about the thread of unrealistic expectations. You want something for nothing, then the only way to pay for it - "planes" which are actually new theaters of battle with MORE CONTENT - many of you insist on not buying it.

Ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

Care to elaborate..?

There aren't a lot of "ongoing issues" that haven't already been dealt with.

Care to elaborate..?

There aren't a lot of "ongoing issues" that haven't already been dealt with.

I did give an example in the second paragraph of my post, but if you wish more detail:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34044-long-persisting-unfixed-bugs-issues-meanwhile-expansions-get/

And not just my post, but others also bringing up the issues they have been having for a while.

None of these bugs are game breaking and none would need to be urgently fixed. But their persistence ver the years is what really upsets me.

Edited by JaffaCake

Thing is if you want the team to focus on non-plane content then they have to charge and you have to be willing to pay for said content.  They cannot drain their coffers doing this kind of work without any ROI.  For the same reason, bug fixes are going to be done as part of content development and not as a separate effort.  You definitely want to keep improving your product but you also have to get paid to stay in business.

• Upvote 1

More content.

for me are these priorities:

1. manual startup and engine procedure. Not clickable, but by pressing keys.

2. airfield ground services. Mechanics, and all the stuff around your plane. 

3. more life on the bases.

4. After rain drops on cockpit, I wanna also see water inside cockpit, when opened, and wet surfaces of plane.

edit: And fix the unbeatable Fw190, which flies with holes in wing as fast as a brand new. Or without one elevator it turns as well as undamaged... Fw is not an "uber"plane. Those damages must affect it.

Edited by 3.IAP_Vasilij
  • Upvote 1

Thing is if you want the team to focus on non-plane content then they have to charge and you have to be willing to pay for said content.  They cannot drain their coffers doing this kind of work without any ROI.  For the same reason, bug fixes are going to be done as part of content development and not as a separate effort.  You definitely want to keep improving your product but you also have to get paid to stay in business.

I'd gladly pay for new expansions and wish for more content if I knew that these bugfixes are coming, in a reasonable time. The bugs I mention though, have been around for years and persisted across expansions - so I can no longer correlate "more content" with "annoying bugs getting fixed". Otherwise absolutely - more expansions please.

I am surprised to see most people who replied are interested in more content, I was seeing so many posts saying cant wait for the New planes it gave me the wrong impression.

This is a business and they need to make money, I hope they are doing well.

If more planes helps then good, bring them.

But what is confusing is the choice.

Was the Ju 52 kind of a wasted effort? Who flies it?

A Hurricane or many other planes would have sold much more and make more sense.

I am surprised to see most people who replied are interested in more content, I was seeing so many posts saying cant wait for the New planes it gave me the wrong impression.

This is a business and they need to make money, I hope they are doing well.

If more planes helps then good, bring them.

But what is confusing is the choice.

Was the Ju 52 kind of a wasted effort? Who flies it?

A Hurricane or many other planes would have sold much more and make more sense.

We needed the Ju-52, as AI at least.

The fact that's flyable - so much the better.

I did give an example in the second paragraph of my post, but if you wish more detail:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34044-long-persisting-unfixed-bugs-issues-meanwhile-expansions-get/

And not just my post, but others also bringing up the issues they have been having for a while.

None of these bugs are game breaking and none would need to be urgently fixed. But their persistence ver the years is what really upsets me.

But as many noted in the thread link you provided, your PC specs may be playing a part in your frustrations. I play this game a a few hundred hours each month and don’t notice the majority of your concerns. Now MP, yes I agree 100% with you on that one. Cheers

• Upvote 1

But as many noted in the thread link you provided, your PC specs may be playing a part in your frustrations. I play this game a a few hundred hours each month and don’t notice the majority of your concerns. Now MP, yes I agree 100% with you on that one. Cheers

I wouldn't wish to bring that discussion here, but I feel obliged to reply as most will dismiss my original comment given your answer.

As I have posted in the original thread as well - these issues persist across several different PC configs that I tried to fly and they are also apparent to several of my friends who fly this game with me. Even on my current setup with 1080TI and SSD I still get model load stutter, even on a freshly installed Windows 10. RAM disk helps a lot here, but you still get a 1-3 frame hang, where I would expect it not to happen at all, ever, as its so easy to load ALL of the il2 models into the memory! (1080ti has 11GB vram)

Additionally, asynchronous model loading has been a standard for a long time in many engines.

Edited by JaffaCake

We needed the Ju-52, as AI at least.

The fact that's flyable - so much the better.

Ok just bought the Ju 52
  • Upvote 1

MP issues are probably related to bad ping and an unomptimized DServer - you can point fingers in either direction on that one... bad client ping, poor server hardware, poor server ping, unoptimized netcode..? Take your pick.

I've never had issues with "2-3 minute logins" in 4 years.

No issues with the compass being stuck but I don't rely on the HUD.

Loading stutter is an old issue, inherent of the engine and while it's semantics I don't consider it a "bug."

What I will say is the whole "I'm gonna ransom your profits until you fix stuff" is disingenuous, counter productive and downright silly. Businesses require money to thrive. Purchasing content is the path to future improvement. Anybody who refuses to quantify that fact, especially over the last year of IL-2 development, is choosing to wear blinders. 

Edited by Space_Ghost
  • Upvote 1

I wouldn't wish to bring that discussion here, but I feel obliged to reply as most will dismiss my original comment given your answer.

As I have posted in the original thread as well - these issues persist across several different PC configs that I tried to fly and they are also apparent to several of my friends who fly this game with me. Even on my current setup with 1080TI and SSD I still get model load stutter, even on a freshly installed Windows 10. RAM disk helps a lot here, but you still get a 1-3 frame hang, where I would expect it not to happen at all, ever, as its so easy to load ALL of the il2 models into the memory! (1080ti has 11GB vram)

Fair enough, perhaps some are more sensitive than others. Like I said, apart from the MP issues, I hardly notice anything else but I'm not dismissing that there are other frustrations for you and others. In the end we all want the same thing- a product that is feature rich and bug free. The tricky part is getting there since it's a small niche product, and I believe the developers are doing a good job finding the balance.

What I will say is the whole "I'm gonna ransom your profits until you fix stuff" is disingenuous, counter productive and downright silly. Businesses require money to thrive. Purchasing content is the path to future improvement. Anybody who refuses to quantify that fact, especially over the last year of IL-2 development, is choosing to wear blinders. 

Businesses work on optimising the expenditure vs. revenue. If people bought the game without consideration to these issues - the said issues would be left untouched. I simply made my position public, whereas many would just quietly drop the game "because that bug annoys me and they still haven't fixed it".

As consumer you can only vote with your wallet. I like the game enough to tell what bothers me about it and try to make my voice heard to hopefully see improvement in that direction.

Edit: And this is why AFAIK the dev team barely has any software engineers - mostly filled with modellers - people like having new aircraft. This is also why, in my opinion, we don't have mod support, as "lower" quality aircraft made by modders would eat away at the profits.

Edited by JaffaCake