7./KG51_Baumbach

How does the turret gunner aim with the mouse ?

I have only at this late stage of my flying,realised that I can't seem to aim the machine guns on my bombers with the mouse.

I know how to take up the MG by using  T but the mouse does not move the MG left/right or up/down,I can also use all the other MG controls ie reload,nestle to gunsight,iron sights,swap guns etc but the aiming of the MG is foxing me.

Maybe I have by mistake deleted something I don't know,but in my other flight sims the MG's can be traversed by using the mouse's Axis,can anybody help here please.

Sorry mate, but what is 'not clear' to me (sorry for this one, I couldn't resist ;) ) is, what 'move gunner's head horizontally' is for. For moving the gun horizontally, you nead the 'move pilot's head horizontally'.

I think if you press T to take the gun and then press Shift+T to lean in to gunsight the gun will move with the mouse. I'll have to try it to confirm later though, I haven't done much with turrets yet.

I think if you press T to take the gun and then press Shift+T to lean in to gunsight the gun will move with the mouse. I'll have to try it to confirm later though, I haven't done much with turrets yet.

Yes you're correct Cathal_Brugha,I've just checked my set up and checked out this procedure along with some other gunner related procedures.

I also checked my aiming controls,and I had deleted the two pilot head Axis,initially thinking that because I use Trackir it would interfear with it,so thanks Notclear for your help,I would be still trying to figure my problem out if you hadn't had pointed me to the correct controls,lifesaver :salute:

Hi folks. I'm only a few days old in IL2. Recently installed CLOD BLITZ.

Hope this is an acceptable place for my current queries.

1. In my Spit (single mission), using an assigned J/S button I can 'Lean into gunsight' perfectly fine - but in my Hurri that same button leans me in initially but then immediately pops out again (even if I hold the button down).

2. In a multiplayer session, I can start my Hurri & it'll run for a while (maybe a minute or so) but it then cuts. Starts after that will only allow a very short run (like fuel is gone, running on fumes...?).
    Fuel Cock is in the Main Tank position (& I believe it has fuel in it...?)
    Prop Pitch is fully fine (lever fully forward)
    Mags are both on - even tried pumping... same.

3. I've mapped R to access the chat. As soon as I type an R into a message it immediately sends the partial message..... (?).

Anyone help...?

Thx.

Edited by Bill1949
Additional info.

2 hours ago, Bill1949 said:

Hi folks. I'm only a few days old in IL2. Recently installed CLOD BLITZ.

Hope this is an acceptable place for my current queries.

1. In my Spit (single mission), using an assigned J/S button I can 'Lean into gunsight' perfectly fine - but in my Hurri that same button leans me in initially but then immediately pops out again (even if I hold the button down).

2. In a multiplayer session, I can start my Hurri & it'll run for a while (maybe a minute or so) but it then cuts. Starts after that will only allow a very short run (like fuel is gone, running on fumes...?).
    Fuel Cock is in the Main Tank position (& I believe it has fuel in it...?)
    Prop Pitch is fully fine (lever fully forward)
    Mags are both on - even tried pumping... same.

3. I've mapped R to access the chat. As soon as I type an R into a message it immediately sends the partial message..... (?).

Anyone help...?

Thx.

Is all of this in CLOD Blitz? If so, you might have better luck on the CLOD subforum or on the Air Tactical Assault Group (ATAG) forums, as they mostly play CLOD.

As for the chat function, I know that the one in Il-2 Great Battles is finicky about being reassigned. its best to just leave it as a default. 

OK, many thx for response Red.

Yep, all on CLOD BLITZ. Seems odd that Spit 'Lean in to gunsight' is OK but Hurri isn't.....

Not sure that 'Chat' actually showed a default before I set it to R... feel as tho' it was blank.... Do u know what the default would be?

Will try as suggested.

On 1/20/2018 at 5:48 PM, 7./KG51_Baumbach said:

Ye

I also checked my aiming controls,and I had deleted the two pilot head Axis,initially thinking that because I use Trackir it would interfear with it

Actually it does interfear with my EDtracker Pro. So for now, if I dont use gunner when somebody else is piloting Im not using pilot head commands (deleting them so it wont interfear with my edtracker movement). For driving tanks its not a big issue since I dont use tracking devide there anyways (Looking with mouse).

I wonder why we dont have separate keys/commands for turret movement.

Edited by blackram

1 hour ago, TG1_Nil said:

@blackram: Use ANY axe, it does not matter. we use this simple to have access to advanced controls screen.

Ok I did that but all the filtering was allready at 0. Anyways I did all you did and ofcourse I can move my turret as I could before but when im in pilot position the mouse movement still moves my head and interfears with my edtracker head movement.

Anyways tank you for trying.

@blackram Thanks for your reply. When I use my trackir, it overcomes my mouse input in the cockpit so I do not have this issue

Sorry, I do not know a solution for blocking the mouse view in cockpit.

What if you do not move your mouse on cockpit view?

Edited by TG1_Nil

58 minutes ago, TG1_Nil said:

What if you do not move your mouse on cockpit view?

Then all is allright. I can use my tracking device but cant use mouse but thats not a big issue. At least for me.