Lord_Flashheart

How the current contact visibility negatively impact tactics in BOX

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SeaW0lf said:

surprises me how people talk so little about it.

Because it has been talked to death and *we* all know it needs fixing and we know *Jason* knows it needs fixing and we know he wants to fix it as much as we want him to fix it because he has told us so many times.    What would we gain from continually going on about it?   We would be like those annoying children that keep asking 'Are we there yet?' every ten minutes for the last 4 hours of a 5 hour road trip 🙄

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

It may just be a grammatical error, but it reads like they cannot or prefer not to increase the view distance because the performance loss is too high.

I can't help feeling that you're trying to read that negatively. Admittedly, the Russian developers can sometimes be difficult to understand, but when someone says they've 'started research' on something, it doesn't usually mean they've already concluded it can't be done. 

4 hours ago, SeaW0lf said:

- we can't make it at the cost of a significant performance loss in the graphics and network subsystems.

I interpret this to mean that they are working on it and need to find a way to do it without a significant cost in performance. 

Posted (edited)

Actually the air in BOX is much more turbid than DCS, seems be polluted severely and has serious haze all the time, all kind of weather. In BOX, everything in low altitude become blurred when you are above 6000m, while in DCS, i can see the ground object clearly even much higher. Its not a 10k limit, in fact, the ordinary discover range is within 5km due to the endless fog spread around the land of Russian.:biggrin:

Edited by 8./JG5_seaflanker819

10K limit promotes;

-low altitude amateur fights

-takes needed space from energy fighting and group formations

-pushes everyone to get low - works good only for turn and burners

not fun at all.