Han

Developer Diary, Part 179 - Discussion

You can talk all you want about the other features, but the A-20 was a key reason for buying into the BoK.

The A-20 looks great, but couldn't those of us who had bought into the BoK early on, get this just a little earlier than the rest. Please! Pretty please!

As a Canadian I can say:

Bravo! I can taste the air and feel the bite of the cold in those screen shots.

The art is clearly something only a Russian, Scandinavian or Canadian could get right - and we appreciate it! An American studio couldn't pull this off.

• Upvote 2

I'm really surprised about the new pics of the winter graphics, quite an upgrade of the good current graphics.

Good work to all.

Regards,

Excellent post ,certainly big improvements have been made in these past updates . Thank You! :salute:

I'm hoping to maybe see this theatre further down the road,could you please consider New Guinea for future scenarios in your up coming Pacific installment  Jason.

post-796-0-87437200-1510408807_thumb.jpg

Edited by bzc3lk

Excellent post ,certainly big improvements have been made in these past updates . Thank You! :salute:

I'm hoping to maybe see this theatre further down the road,could you please consider New Guinea for future scenarios in your up coming Pacific installment Jason.

Wait, this is not New Guinea?! :P Edited by 216th_Jordan

Wait, this is not New Guinea?! :P

Maybe if I squint a lot while being chased by an MC 202 adorned with red meatballs to resemble a Ki-61 Hien, this may suffice to scratch my Pacific itch until the real show hits the Big Screen.  :biggrin:

As a Canadian I can say:

The art is clearly something only a Russian, Scandinavian or Canadian could get right - and we appreciate it! An American studio couldn't pull this off.

A bit of a broad statement don't you think? It depends a lot on the artists, not their nationality.

Also there are plenty of snowy places in the US. Maybe you can come plow the imaginary snow from my driveway after the next snowstorm :P

• Upvote 3

We dont have snow where I live so ill just take your guys word for it that it looks good.

You're not missing much; though it looks good on Christmas cards.  :)

A bit of a broad statement don't you think? It depends a lot on the artists, not their nationality.

Also there are plenty of snowy places in the US. Maybe you can come plow the imaginary snow from my driveway after the next snowstorm :P

As long as I don't have to shovel your roof. I do tons of roofs during the winter and often as not it's a giant PITA.

Rather be flying. :)

As long as I don't have to shovel your roof. I do tons of roofs during the winter and often as not it's a giant PITA.

Rather be flying. :)

Do you get a ladder and climb up there or with a long extension?

Just got my first house, so I'm going to have to learn quickly this winter.

Do you get a ladder and climb up there or with a long extension?

Just got my first house, so I'm going to have to learn quickly this winter.

Ladder.

If you have a metal roof, be veeeery careful about ladders and extensions. A guy was killed not too far from here when he was up at the edge of his roof, pulling the snow off with the extension shovel. It was a bit warm that day and the whole roof came down in one shot, took him off the ladder and he hit his concrete driveway and that was that. And metal roofs are a ***** to shovel when you are on them too. You really need to be tied off, and tied off properly.

Don't be shy about hiring someone. Depending on the roof, sometimes it's just not worth the risk.

Edited by CanadaOne

We dont have snow where I live so ill just take your guys word for it that it looks good.

You're not missing much; though it looks good on Christmas cards.  :)

There is no snow in Denmark... just slushy rain.  :P

Yeah - that was a silly statement.

Excellent work as always - looking forward to putting the A-20 through it's paces.

The winter shadow work was a nice surprise too.

Winter graphics look absolutely great, but will the bombing lights on the A-20 be functional? As in, will the AI use them in a night raid in the new campaign?

Great news - fantastic update - can't wait!!!

Now we just need a good online war that let's us flying p40's and a20's  :)

Great news - fantastic update - can't wait!!!

Now we just need a good online war that let's us flying p40's and a20's  :)

Speaking of... I assume the Kuban official release will include an offline campaign for a20's ?

Speaking of... I assume the Kuban official release will include an offline campaign for a20's ?

The career will have it, plus I'm in the middle of building an offline scripted campaign for it (1942)

There is no snow in Denmark... just slushy rain.  :P

We do get a little snow, just enough to be annoying  :)

We do get a little snow, just enough to be annoying  :)

Try the UK, we get <1cm sometimes, which causes mass panic, all the shops get emptied of supplies, and the road system grinds to a halt!   :lol:

• Upvote 4

Winter graphics look absolutely great, but will the bombing lights on the A-20 be functional? As in, will the AI use them in a night raid in the new campaign?

Really hoping they are. I just discovered the formation lights on the Spitfire so its quite possible that the devs have implemented something here. The 1943 model IL-2 also has a lighting system inside the cockpit for the gunner and pilot to communicate so that's interesting too.

Try the UK, we get <1cm sometimes, which causes mass panic, all the shops get emptied of supplies, and the road system grinds to a halt!   :lol:

Oh really?

• Upvote 3

As a Canadian I can say:

I invite you to the Colorado Rockies to change your mind.

I'll put Quebec winters against any in the world.

Rain, freezing rain, blizzards, and ice storms, and a chilly good night of -30.  Sometimes all in the same week.

A typical Monday. :P

ice-storm-98_2.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&

• Upvote 1

If Photobucket didn't screw us i'd show you a picture of my Jeep with the only thing about the snow is about 2" of radio antenna. I lived in Leadville for awhile. We got snow every month of the year. Elevation 10,000ft.

Your winters may be tougher, but for someone to say we don't know about snow is ridiculous. People come to Colorado to ski, not sunbath.

Leadville-Ski-Joring-Snowy-Horiz-320x213

Edited by BuzzU

I'll put Quebec winters against any in the world.

Rain, freezing rain, blizzards, and ice storms, and a chilly good night of -30.  Sometimes all in the same week.

A typical Monday. :P

ice-storm-98_2.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&

I took these a couple of years ago after a snowstorm in Boston:

The way the wind interacted with the buildings left my wife's car completely untouched (grey Corolla). The poor people on the top left got the worst of it.

qosnpe.jpg

Some poor soul's car parked on the street.

vr93bc.jpg

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Upvote 1

Avimimus, on 11 Nov 2017 - 06:49, said: As a Canadian I can say: Bravo! I can taste the air and feel the bite of the cold in those screen shots. The art is clearly something only a Russian, Scandinavian or Canadian could get right - and we appreciate it! An American studio couldn't pull this off. I invite you to the Colorado Rockies to change your mind.

And BTW, wasn't there that small 49th state of the US, called Alaska, where, IIRC, sometimes there are quite low temperatures and a little snow, too. :P

So now we reach the point where we start to brag about how big our snow is?

My snow is bigger than yours and I will show you my huge snowload! :o::blink::wacko:

:P:lol:

Panzerbar, the second is beautifull. Where is it ?

So now we reach the point where we start to brag about how big our snow is?

My snow is bigger than yours and I will show you my huge snowload! :o::blink::wacko:

:P:lol:

Only one was bragging. The rest of us are showing him he's wrong.