Han

Developer Diary, Part 179 - Discussion

Hello everybody,
As you may have already noticed, the huge map of Battle of Kuban comes in three seasons (Spring, Summer and Autumn), so there is no winter one. However there are many existing winter maps in our sim, so we had to update the winter landscape quality to match the new map quality level. In the end, after some experiments, we had to remake the chilly skydome, adjust the color palette and contrast to reflect the winter visibility conditions.
Now, our engineer Roman =Gavrik= Kovalenko wants to tell you a bit about the A-20B he will finish working on soon:

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 5

Amazing work guys!!!  :salute: The winter sky looks fabulous  and that A-20B sure looks fine!!  :biggrin: Will definitely be adding that to regular flight roster  :happy:  

Edited by Bullets

The talk about the winter scenery coincides with the first snowfall of the season here. Looking at the screenshots and outside confirm that the bluish hue to everything during the winter is very much on point. Well done!

I feel like we should start testing 3.001 right now  :o:  :biggrin:

• Upvote 4

Ah man cool! Both the map adjustments and the A20 pics as well as Info are really nice. And great work on that cockpit, it looks astonishing! :salute:

Edited by 216th_Jordan

Just simply beautiful.

What a team!!!

Looks awesome. Under which graphic settings the pictures were made? Which amount of Video Memory is needed?

Excellent once again. Love the new winter look and the A-20 will become a firm favourite. Cheers.:salute: 

Yes! It seems a small thing to adjust the colour balance but it makes such a difference.   I can't wait for the A20 but cab I also have some virtual earplugs to shut out the storm of protest this will cause on the blue side? :-)

• Upvote 1

Excellent work on the new winter conditions, very nice indeed!

And good to see the A-20 in full flight :happy:

Beauty! :cool:

We have a wind chill of -20 here this morning and it snowed last night, so I can speak from authority and say that those new winter textures are great.

And that A-20 looks fantastic. That's going to be a ton of fun to fly.

still no LA5 Bf109 G6 preorder ?  :mellow:

I am surprised about this as well... TAKE OUR MONEY 

shutup.jpg

Very cool & cold winter atmosphere... Well done devs!

Specs of A-20 promises dangerous opponent for Luftwaffe guys...

At first glance I thought, "what's the big deal my game already looks like that".  Then I realized I've been using Sweet FX for as long as I can remember.  Now I can turn it off and enjoy the game as it is stock! 

This upgrade to the winter graphics is much appreciated, I've always thought that everything looked so much the same in winter it was nigh impossible to tell the clouds from the ground from the trees, the new shadows make it so much easier. 

• Upvote 1

IMHO in winter, rivers outlines are not visible enough, I hope new look will help in that regard.

Edited by 307_Tomcat

- Why the new Shadows look blocky now with less detail?

If you look at the other pictures for comparison, you will see that shadow quality has not changed. I don`t know which settings the devs used for this picture.