Han

Developer Diary, Part 179 - Discussion

Winter looks better now! I'm lookin' forward to make bombruns with the A-20 in coop-mode!

Have a nice Weekend!

yours

v.Greiff

I have to say that the improvement in landscape graphics is indeed impressive. The new landscape (the sky included) looks far more realistic and beautiful than the old one.   :good:

And it is nice to see that the dark side colour of the aircraft is now also affected by the colours of the environment.

Edited by wonders9

Great looking shots of the new winter sky!!

It just keeps getting better and better!!

If you look at the other pictures for comparison, you will see that shadow quality has not changed. I don`t know which settings the devs used for this picture.

I used this pictures because it shows better what I mean. Good to compare their work-in-progress work before and after. ram0506, somehow even the ground texture look different have a blurry-look and the fine details from the ground texture are gone almost wasted-out below the trees ( same pictures )  

I used this pictures because it shows better what I mean. Good to compare their work-in-progress work before and after. ram0506, somehow even the ground texture look different have a blurry-look and the fine details from the ground texture are gone almost wasted-out below the trees ( same pictures )  

Yes, you are right. That`s why I think that lower graphics settings were used (accidentally) for the picture that shows the work in progress. The other work in progress pictures seem ok to me. No differences in ground texture quality compared to the actual version.

With these DDs, I must say I`m really looking forward to beta testing phase of the 3.0. Can`t wait to see all those new features  :)

I`m really looking forward to beta testing phase of the 3.0. 

:dry:  :dry:  :dry:  :P

Edited by Bullets

I'm puzzled why we haven't heard any further news about the new upcoming Collector planes? :rolleyes:

Only six weeks until the end of the year, 2017! Shall we get all this before ht end of 2017?! The answer is yes! Why? It is easy to know why; they always deliver on time most of the time! And more and more beautiful and complex but still manageable game. Thank to You all of the development team for your great, fantastic job.  :salute: 

Thankyou for all the hard work and dedication in making this a great flight sim for the community.  Looking forward to the final product.  

:biggrin: 

Nice job! the blue tint does make it feel cooler and the lack of haze is really nice in those pics too! it makes a huge difference!

The A20 sounds like a dream to fly, I cant wait for the release! 

Just curious, what do the red lines indicate on the side of the plane? are they aligned with the props?

Methinks the A20 is going to come as quite a surprise to it's opponents.

Can't wait to set up shop in that office.

• Upvote 1

With these DDs, I must say I`m really looking forward to beta testing phase of the 3.0. Can`t wait to see all those new features  :)

Me too, me too ;)

I think they are propeller disc warning marks.

Just curious, what do the red lines indicate on the side of the plane? are they aligned with the props?

• Upvote 1

Loving the clarity & distance of the winter landscape now; and nice tree shadows, much better.

The A-20 cockpit especially is looking extraordinary. 

I really look forward to what reviewers have to say about it after release. This should be cash boom season coming up for 777. Here's hoping.

IMHO in winter, rivers outlines are not visible enough, I hope new look will help in that regard.

That is true but I have always put it down to the fact that if a river is frozen solid then covered in a few feet of snow I would expect it to merge in with the land more.   It would be nice if some of the bigger/busier rivers had broken ice though.  Did the rivers in this region freeze completely in Winter and become unusable or did they stay open with broken ice floating down it?

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex
  • Upvote 1

I hope that someone will make defence of the reich mission with at least 20 bombers (If my system can handle it :) ).

They will fly straight and somewhat slower to intercept them . Yaks as mustangs and all of them with the right skins.

That would be wonderful .

That A-20B is gorgeous! I hope I get a flight stick soon. And the new graphic detail is outstanding. I can actually see now.

Wonderful to see more American aircraft in the sim. They definitely have flying "personality" and some flight advantages for those pilots who learn to use them well. Salute to the devs for their principled work! 

Excellent thank you very much Devs. Good news.
The winter rendering is magnificent.
The A-20 looks very nice and will be effective for pound the opposing positions.

Graphically the game is moving forward in leaps and bounds, always liked the winter scenes in this game to be honest and I am amazed at the improvements shown. :cool:

A-20 looks excellent, was always a favourite in the old game so seeing it done to modern standards is amazing, outstanding work guys, really appreciated. :salute:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug

At first glance I thought, "what's the big deal my game already looks like that".  Then I realized I've been using Sweet FX for as long as I can remember.  Now I can turn it off and enjoy the game as it is stock! 

I really like the increase in detail but I think I will actually turn SweetFX back on again to adjust the color palette a tad. A little blue for my liking. I like the shadows but it seems to be affecting the tree colors which look really good in the current build.

Overall, well done as usuall however.

Personal opinon and all that........

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Upvote 1

I like new and the old, both represent a different winter's day. The new is a beautiful day and the old version looks like the snow is in the air and reducing visibility. Having changeable weather would be an amazing feature and after the rain effects vid, I'm hoping this might be coming in some form and add another massive level of immersion. The dogfight was hard but trying to nav back in a snow storm and land in the crosswind might just kill you. 

you guys just keep on pulling rabbits out of the hat, fantastic work on the winter skies; I always thought they looked pretty good, but seeing these update shots capturing the clarity and blue tint of the light puts a whole new perspective on the quality :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I really like the increase in detail but I think I will actually turn SweetFX back on again to adjust the color palette a tad. A little blue for my liking. I like the shadows but it seems to be affecting the tree colors which look really good in the current build.

Overall, well done as usuall however.

Personal opinon and all that........

My thougts exactly.  I would add that personally i find that clarity and vision are maybe too perfect very far away.

To my taste, and judging only on screenshots i find a more realistic look in the actual one, but maybe a more artificially perfect the new one. Overall a great job and on keeping the game better and better, and all my respect on the piece of art you have created with this sim.

Snowdrift or a blizzard would add a lot to the freezing cold winter atmosphere.

Don't know if it can be created in some way.

If so than a transformation to a sandtorm is possible. For an eventual desert scenario in future. :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

No words, just two thumbs up, up and away on both the "clean air" and "havoc" subjects.
looks like -30 degrees now.

Winter sky/atmosphere look outstanding. You appear to have saved the best for last with the A-20 and P-39. Very much looking forward to it all.

This plane was liked by its pilots from all nations it served, very popular in North Africa among RAF crew. I am really looking forward to it. Many thanks

Wow!

Awesome work on the winter maps! Such a difference!

My biggest problem with BoS even though I pre-ordered it way back like most here is that I actually hated the winter maps with the haze/low contrast "I am snowblind" feeling so much I actaually stopped flying the sim rather fast... Now I am actually looking forward to flying the winter maps again! Naturally the extended render distance of terrain / clouds has a big part in this but the "white balanace / contrast / gamma" change is very nice as well. The old screenshots looks completely over exposed in comparison...

Edit - looking forward to the A-20 as well naturally :)

Thanks!

Edited by mazex