Han

Developer Diary, Part 176 - Discussion

He has not actually said so in the announcement but I am hoping we can also have co-ops where the enemy slot can be filled by human pilots and only the empty slots filled by AI.   Many of us like a challenge and shooting down AI is a bit of a circle jerk.

The thing to do is to send a strongly worded text/email or letter to the AI the day before and really get 'em wound up!

May be a little of topic re this DD ... It's apart of the progress I suppose. Besides, great work is forever appreciated.

The water colour , you guys have, (imho), absolutely nailed. Am hoping to see more water in future releases.. Please, pretty please, it really looks fab!!!

BTW, whom ever did the livery for this B Bird, thank you very, very  much, it's my favourite to date.  :salute: 

(if you squint hard enough and stand back, this BMW almost transforms into a Mitsubishi , or just wishful thinking on my part :P)

post-23608-0-17266400-1508915744_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

He has not actually said so in the announcement but I am hoping we can also have co-ops where the enemy slot can be filled by human pilots and only the empty slots filled by AI.   Many of us like a challenge and shooting down AI is a bit of a circle jerk.

Agree about the AI but Han's announcement was quite clear;

First of all, our programmers started the work on the next new gameplay mode: Cooperative. In the start, this mode will include a new multiplayer server type, where a player will have to choose an aircraft in a scenario mission. The mission will start once enough players have joined and confirmed they are ready. Aircraft not claimed by human players will be controlled by AI, so the mission will proceed as it was designed even if the server isn't full. 

At first we'll be getting the coop mode from RoF which is very similar to IL2 1946.  The only short-coming with RoF's mode is that you cannot run this mode in single player. You must have another player to launch a mission.  Hopefully this will be changed for BoS.

Later, it looks like we'll be getting a Hyperlobby style UI for this mode.     Very good news :salute:

• Upvote 1

Second shortcoming or "protection" was after coop mission started yours laggard friend couldn't join the mission as pilot or gunner.

Second shortcoming or "protection" was after coop mission started yours laggard friend couldn't join the mission as pilot or gunner.

Only thing I'd allow is to join as a gunner. :)

He has not actually said so in the announcement but I am hoping we can also have co-ops where the enemy slot can be filled by human pilots

Agree about the AI but Han's announcement was quite clear;

First of all, our programmers started the work on the next new gameplay mode: Cooperative. In the start, this mode will include a new multiplayer server type, where a player will have to choose an aircraft in a scenario mission. The mission will start once enough players have joined and confirmed they are ready. Aircraft not claimed by human players will be controlled by AI, so the mission will proceed as it was designed even if the server isn't full. 

OK but if you think that clearly answers my query you are obviously reading something between the lines that I am not.   From my perspective I can read that as either SP type missions against AI that include the option for humans to take over some of the planes doing it with you or I can read that as MP type missions where unfilled slots on either side are filled by AI.     It was only a few weeks ago that someone asked if a future update could allow friends to join them in campaigns (which are SP against AI enemies) and they were told it was something 1C was looking at.  I will freely admit it could mean either but I disagree that it is 'quite clear'

OK but if you think that clearly answers my query you are obviously reading something between the lines that I am not.  

I am reading the bit that says "a new multiplayer server type"

I am reading the bit that says "a new multiplayer server type"

Yes but other players joining you to fight AI is also MP as you are no longer playing on your own offline.   Many of the old IL2-46 co-ops were only against AI but as there were humans flying alongside you they were MP by definition.

Yes but other players joining you to fight AI is also MP as you are no longer playing on your own offline.   Many of the old IL2-46 co-ops were only against AI but as there were humans flying alongside you they were MP by definition.

Wha....?     

I think you're over-thinking this a bit Roblex.   If you have flown a coop in RoF or in IL2 1946 then you'll know what we're getting.  You will be able to fly for either side against a fellow 'breather'. 

Coop Mode coming - thats the biggest news since the release.

Congratulations on getting that mighty stone rolling.....should have been there right from the start though.  This missing piece, along with till today missing lobby-style EcoSystem where pilots can interact with each other socially, like e.g. Hyperlobby prevented the Community to get to full strength. Really a pitty....

Will just a Coop Gameplay mode be coming, or also some type of lobby support? Hyperlobby supported?

Would be great! Cause its kinda stupid / boring / annoying / impractical / motivation killing to be passively waiting on an almost emtpy server gathering people WITHOUT a proper Lobby and chat / pager system in place!

Edited by I/JG27_Nemesis

I love the rain on canopy effect. It looks great.

I would like to see a more realistic look when the aircraft is at high speeds.

At higher speeds the rain would streak off so fast that you would hardly see it.

The rain effect stationary is amazing. However; and I realise it is work in progress, the rain effect at speed is not particularly realistic and quite graphically overdone.

Maybe some of you are not reading the whole thread.

I'll just leave this right here....

Guys,

We know what rain looks like. We all drive cars and at least one of us can fly an actual propeller driven plane. Vids aren't necessary in this thread really. Just let us do our thing.

Jason

• Upvote 2