Han

Developer Diary, Part 174 - Discussion

Now I know why Jason keeps his hair so short - so that he can't grab it and pull it all out.

• Upvote 4

Now I know why Jason keeps his hair so short - so that he can't grab it and pull it all out.

Tweezers. :)

spoiler alert : translation

[edited]

Wait wait wait....

Let me get this straight. You're saying it's more immersive to highlight the newspaper text, copy it, then alt tab from the game and paste it into something like Google Translate, read the broken language translated version online and then alt tab back into the game?

Or are you suggesting we all buy English/German/Russian dictionaries and translate it by hand?

I just want to make sure I'm picking up what you're putting down. 

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Upvote 1

Please don't continue discussing the newspapers being in English, it is nonsensical.

• Upvote 2

@Freycinet

Most of the English I speak IS nonsensical!! He! He!

By the way chaps, our youngest has just given birth to our 7th Grandchild. Just this minute. What's 'congratulations Rap' in Russian, German and English please? Anyone?  :biggrin:

Ha... good stuff!

I've got 4 kids, and I've got 8 grandkids :)  but it's a nightmare keeping track of all those birthdays

• Upvote 1

Here's a thought, how about the newspapers showing up in the language selected when you install the game, just keep the artwork and pictures for the country you are flying for.

Here's a different thought; that is at least three times the work and probably four. The newspapers are to create atmosphere not to be fully immersive or fully historical.

English is not a Romance language but it is a descriptive language of business. Therefore it is spoken worldwide. Of course not everyone speaks it and many of those that do are less than fluent. While not universal, it is generally understood in most developed nations to some extent. That is why it was selected.

It's a flight game not a newspaper simulator. Geesh.

• Upvote 3

Woah woah woah! Totally uncalled for.

Freycinet was offering a bit of constructive criticism - that's all. I personally don't agree, I think the newspapers are fine and serve their purpose, but the criticism was perfectly ok.

What isn't ok is you making an over-the-top inflammatory comment like that after the issue has been put to rest.

What isnt ok is inflamatory comments such as below after dev offers mod as a solution to those newspaper [edited]

"Why it smells like if something not works as expected to shift it to the others?"

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

Good grief, can we be done with this crap already? 

Russian newspapers in Russian,German newspapers in German,English newspapers in English,the DEVS have enough to do!

Whatever language they put the newspapers in someone would moan,I mean really,I think they are a great addition whatever language they are in

What isnt ok is inflamatory comments such as below after dev offers mod as a solution to those newspaper freaks.

[edited]

Standard sinned irony failure.

Saying something stinks is inflammatory and fighting talk, calling people roaches is reasoned debate and totally fine.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Upvote 1

Ha... good stuff!

I've got 4 kids, and I've got 8 grandkids :)  but it's a nightmare keeping track of all those birthdays

That it is, that it IS!! :rolleyes:

... and on that note I hereby unsubscribe from this thread as I am getting a little jaded with the endless moaning about stuff that people try to do. WHATEVER someone does and thinks is a good idea there will ALWAYS be someone who DOESN'T think it's a good idea. 'Tis the way of the world, 'tis the way of life. If you don't like it then change the channel, as we always say about a television programme!

Edited by Raptorattacker