Han

Developer Diary, Part 174 - Discussion

Hello everybody,
Since the last Dev Diary and until the next version release we'll be telling you about the coming gameplay modes bit by bit. Today we'll talk about the already completed (just as the rest of the Career mode meta content) feature - weekly world news updates that come in a form of a newspaper.
Meanwhile, our 2D artists continue to draw the historical awards.
And the final piece of news for today (and our next surprise) is that in addition to Bf 109 G-6 we have announced in the previous Dev Diary we're also working on 

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 14

Holy chit! Awesome news! I was thinking how the newspaper could be presented but this is better than I had thought it would be. LA 5FN? Excellent!

Edited by Beazil
  • Upvote 1

Omg!!!! There it is, already skinned and flying in-game :dance: you guys are amazing with the pace you're working at!

The newspapers look awesome. Those little details add a lot to immersion. The "score board" - while a little cheesy - adds a certain level of competition, which is nice.

And again: MAN! That Lavochkin is sexy! Awesome job. :)

EDIT: The people demands: Preorder now!

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 1

Awesomeness!

I am loving how the new Career system is shaping up, I am all about great SP content and am very excited for this!

The weekly  newspaper style updates  are great idea!

• Upvote 1

Omg!!!! There it is, already skinned and flying in-game :dance: you guys are amazing with the pace you're working at!

Indeed I think no one was expecting it already at this stage... Such a beauty :)

Carrying the pilot's career with newspaper news is very elegant way of doing it. I'm sure it will bring more immersion to the career game play. Good job devs!

• Upvote 1

What a dev team!!!!

Cheers to you guys. :wacko:

Wow!! Im very impressed!

The newspapers and awards take the SP to the next level! I have a feeling it's going to be amazing!

The FN also looks great, I'm not very familiar with it so i didn't know it had a curved canopy like that. It will be a fun plane to fly for sure!

Keep it up devs, you are doing an amazing job!

FN sounds great. I would love to have the F engine mod available on the new fuselage same way we have the F engine mod on the La-5. Would that be possible?

The career keeps looking awesome. Very, very nice.

• Upvote 1

Sorry for swearing but that's FN fantastic.  ;) 

Edited by ICDP

I'm already wet for that plane ;)

TMI. And Depends. All I’ll say.

Otherwise a great update. SP is really starting to fill out.

ooooooo boooyyyyy  :salute:  :salute:  :salute:

Seeing as the Macchi got gun pods lets hope we can get some b20's in this bird  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

FN sounds great. I would love to have the F engine mod available on the new fuselage same way we have the F engine mod on the La-5. Would that be possible?The career keeps looking awesome. Very, very nice.

Would love to have it as well, great for Kuban. The more playability the better :)

ooooooo boooyyyyy  :salute:  :salute:  :salute:

Seeing as the Macchi got gun pods lets hope we can get some b20's in this bird  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

The 20mm Berezins wouldn't make that much of a change, it fired the same proyectile, at the same speed and rate of fire iirc. The cannon was significantly lighter yes, but with them being in the nose of the plane they wouldn't change its handling that much imho (vs reducing weight in the wings for example)

A plane which i love despite flying mostly axis side

It will be the best fighter of game since La-5 is already with 2.012 version

Edited by 64sTomio

I was expecting that the La-5FN was in production but certainly not this far along. Well done team!

Also, the newspaper feature is excellent. I'm going to enjoy the articles and the immersion that it brings to the whole Career mode. Of course awards are nice too! Outstanding!

Does anyone know when we can pre-order the new aircraft because I have money burning a hole in my pocket!

post-393-0-03625100-1507309590_thumb.jpg

Fantastic news! Floored by the devs again :salute:

And Bf109G-6 will get a playmate.

I can't wait to see these beauties frolicking in the heavens...

The FN also looks great, I'm not very familiar with it so i didn't know it had a curved canopy like that.

It absolutely does. Nothing squared-off about Soviet canopies in WW2, though they only managed to make proper "full teardrop" ones very late in the war.

What I'm pleasantly surprised by is how thin the framing looks to be. It is often hard to distinguish in old photos and drawings and both scale models and some flight sims have had a tendency to make the framing on the Lavochkin canopies very thick and heavy.

This bird won't be far behind the Yak-1b in the competition for best rearward field of vision.

I've been trying to track down what Soviet naval badge that is on top of the Soviet currency, without success so far. Anyone know what it is?

Always good to learn about upcoming features, thanks  :salute:

Not sure though if I'd be willing to pay full price for adding the letters "FN" to a plane I already own  ;)  (now grill me  :P )

I have to admit that my knowledge of the La-5FN is very limited. Could someone please enlighten me when the La-5FN arrived at the Kuban and by which units it was flown?

Great update,

Staggering work rate, it looks amazing.

Cheers

Edited by keeno
  • Upvote 1

It would be nice if there was a picture of the pilot wearing the Medals and maybe a corresponding Ribbon to represent lesser awards like the mug or pin.

I miss seeing Medals and Ribbons. I only know of 1 company that had both (Microprose), and not just Ribbons for the Medals.I am pretty sure both the Russians and Germans had lower awards (Ribbons) that were not Medals.