Han

Developer Diary, Part 174 - Discussion

nice update, thanks. I am really looking forward to the singleplayer campaigns!

Always good to learn about upcoming features, thanks  :salute:

Not sure though if I'd be willing to pay full price for adding the letters "FN" to a plane I already own  ;)  (now grill me  :P )

The FN engine produces way more power. Also the better canopy. 

Two really welcome additions to the game, looking forward to flying them both  :biggrin:

Edited by Adj

La5-fn and Bf109-G6 a must have even if it is a little early into the war to fly them!

Maybe in one of the late battles of the Kuban region?

Or a superiority air battle on the Moscow map?

But why ask question when there are new planes to fly.

Thanks once again.  :salute: 

The maps are large enough to simulate later battles/regions as well...so it's great that we'll have both of these birds.

So, here goes the second one " The La-5FN " Next week the third one....... :biggrin:  'the month of surprises'

Great news!  :lol:  Just a quick thought ... why the F was an extra in the La-5 and the La5-FN is a whole new plane?  :)

Edited by -=PHX=-Spartan-

La5FN... UFO is comming :O

(still gives me goosebumps just thinking about old IL2 days)

Always good to learn about upcoming features, thanks  :salute:

Not sure though if I'd be willing to pay full price for adding the letters "FN" to a plane I already own  ;)  (now grill me  :P )

It's a bigger change than Bf109F-4 to G-2 or G-4. Those two letters count for a fair bit :D

I have to admit that my knowledge of the La-5FN is very limited. Could someone please enlighten me when the La-5FN arrived at the Kuban and by which units it was flown?

I'm having trouble pinning down the date. All of the units equipped with La-5FN that I can find histories on tended to start being equipped around late summer 1943 (I'm guessing September) so the last two months of the Kuban battle as modeled by the Career should cover it. Later battles featuring the Kerch strait not covered by the Career may well feature it too.

La5-fn and Bf109-G6 a must have even if it is a little early into the war to fly them!

Maybe in one of the late battles of the Kuban region?

Or a superiority air battle on the Moscow map?

But why ask question when there are new planes to fly.

Thanks once again.  :salute:

September and October almost for sure. Definitely in the Kuban region.

Great news!  :lol:  Just a quick thought ... why the F was an extra in the La-5 and the La5-FN is a whole new plane?  :)

Many of the "standard" La-5 airframes got the M-82F engine inserted without changes that we normally associated with the La-5F version. The FN is pretty much a whole new plane with a different cockpit (both the rear canopy as well as the forward sections and the control arrangements) so it sort of makes sense. We do miss out on the transitional F version a bit... but its sort of covered by the La-5 with M-82F modification. Cheapest way to get that to us no doubt!

I'm so happy with the DD. The new campaign is going to kick a** for sure. Never expected such awesome details like the newspaper with the scoreboard! Very cool.

And for the LA-5Fn... I want to preorder NOW!!! :)

The La-5FN is also a completely new 3d model. It is pretty far off from an La-5s8 that we already have. The F was achieved in the same 3d model because all it needed was an engine upgrade and no 3d changes.

Thanks guys for the info  :)  It's clean now. The cockpit is different, better rear view.

avlagg_03.png

Edited by -=PHX=-Spartan-

oh man i can already see the "La-5FN is OP" posts on the forums, its going to be crazy! well done and i cant wait for the career mode i loved it so much in RoF.

• Upvote 1

September and October almost for sure. Definitely in the Kuban region.

G-6 made its debut over Kuban in June of 1943. 

... what sort of a way to respond to constructive criticism is that?

I understand the degree of pressure the dev team is under and the results that have been produced are brilliant, but the whole community is invested in making this project a success.

I believe that points like these are presented in a spirit of co-operation and helpfulness, it's not just people trying to complain and poke holes in things for the sake of it, I'm certain.

• Upvote 2

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/27621-contracted-writer-needed-filled/?do=findComment&comment=440288

Pretty sure Jason was asking for help long ago so where was the help then?

Not to mention that whole post should've been sent by PM.

It never fails that a great DD is released and before the day is over someone is (intentional or not) shitting on it.

Edited by BorysVorobyov
  • Upvote 3

No, Borys, I don't think that's a fair statement. Maybe you're right and that list of amendments and suggestions should have been sent privately.

But I disagree that this is someone shitting over some news about an upcoming feature. The loss of context from text on the internet can lead to misunderstandings, as we will all know. And I'm sure as a developer it must be frustrating to announce a new thing and have people critique it.

But encouraging discussion and soliciting assistance an only make the game better. I certainly wouldn't call that 'shitting on things'.

• Upvote 3

No, Borys, I don't think that's a fair statement. Maybe you're right and that list of amendments and suggestions should have been sent privately.

But I disagree that this is someone shitting over some news about an upcoming feature. The loss of context from text on the internet can lead to misunderstandings, as we will all know. And I'm sure as a developer it must be frustrating to announce a new thing and have people critique it.

But encouraging discussion and soliciting assistance an only make the game better. I certainly wouldn't call that 'shitting on things'.

PM=Good, Public Forum=Easy To Misinterpret.

;)

Edited by Raptorattacker

Like I said, intentional or not. I'm pretty sure he was just wanting to help but the post initially reads more as a complaint.

• Upvote 1

With some hesitancy (don't want my ass chewed out too) I'll point out Bataan is printed as Battan on one page. Is that correct? I don't find any reference using that spelling.

So every week in the campaign we get to read the newspaper that was the official voice of the Nazi party?  The newspaper that was wholly owned by Adolf himself?

Interesting.................

LA-5 FN.... Another dream plane of mine!

Perfect complement to the Bf-109 G6.

Woo hoo!

A perfect way to round out the Eastern front prior to the Pacific transition.

Wonderful news about the LA-5FN! and I like the idea of the newspapers for background infos. Some time in the far, far future when everything else is done those could become newsreels.

The newspapers are excellent. My eastern front knowledge is minimal. I dont care for nazi or soviet propaganda, both are long gone. Giving the news of other world events, alied victories/losses helps me with the history/timeline of the Eastern front. I'm not a historian.

Edited by Rolling_Thunder
  • Upvote 2

So, can I assume the 'page 3' Ladies will be historically accurate then?  :biggrin:

Seriously though, the texture artists are brilliant! Little details like the fabric on those ribbons always look fantastic.

Well done!

:salute:

La-5FN baby, hells to the yea!

JmXzE.gif

Edited by schurem

You people are very impressive. Your development team should be studied and documented as an example of how to operate a project efficiently.

Edited by Lensman
  • Upvote 1

Wow wow wow Career mode is looking awesome :biggrin: . Very excited and looking forward to its release :dance:  :clapping:  :yahoo: . Well done guys amazing progress!! :cool:

The career development is looking great so far guys look forward to seeing it in the finished form, keep up the good work. :salute:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :biggrin: