Game version 2.012 discussion: Hs 129, Kuban map, FM update, New shadows

11. 7000 tons cargo ship has been added to the game;
12. 14000 tons armed tanker has been added to the game.

Wait! What? Where? I need to sink it!

Honestly, guys, the way you have been handling things for the past year is as solid as it gets. :clapping:

Wait! What? Where? I need to sink it!

Honestly, guys, the way you have been handling things for the past year is as solid as it gets. :clapping:

In quick missions, pick one of the single plane icons on the Kuban coast, with ships as targets. Expect flak...

I just have to say this update has blown me away... just the minor thing of being able to see your own shadow beneath your kite makes a huge emersion upgrade..

I dont know if before you could see other planes shadows but it's great for getting a position if you remember where the sun is shining from..

Fms are awesome, aircraft parts fly of more realistically I'd say, Kuban map..wow.. and the ships. Ye gads!

Keep up the good work team.

P.s. I love you

Hello everybody,

We were closely monitoring the forums for the last two days and corrected several issues that could be fixed quickly. The hotfix 2.012 brings the following changes:[/size]

3. Adjustable stabilizer buttons control delay minimized;

Now that you mention it.... Why in game, the horizontal stabilizer trim button control in the Bf-109 had a "delay", and the rest of the airplanes have not delay in the trim controls?? ..anybody knows??  :rolleyes:

Han can you explain this issue?

Edited by III/JG52_Otto_-I-

Now that you mention it.... Why in game, the horizontal stabilizer trim button control in the Bf-109 had a "delay", and the rest of the airplanes have not delay in the trim controls?? ..anybody knows??  :rolleyes:

Han can you explain this issue?

You can understand better in this post -- from the FM thread.

The new map is quite amazing really. Flying over the tree top mountains and plunging head first into those valleys is a fantastic experience in VR.

I am really enjoying the new flight models too. I've only flown the I-16, Spitfire, F4 and the HE-111 so far. In uber-technical aeronaughty speak, I think the term I am looking for is, 'They feel really good bruv!'

Well done lads!

Just one question about Hs 129 trigger setup.

It is intended that the gun pod (at least Mk103) is connected to the MG-17 trigger while the MG151 are on the second one? Thus I can shoot MG17s with MK103 only and cannot shoot the gun pod alone. The option of default weapons (MGs and MG151s) being triggered together with independent gun pod trigger seems to me way more logical.

Just one question about Hs 129 trigger setup.

It is intended that the gun pod (at least Mk103) is connected to the MG-17 trigger while the MG151 are on the second one? Thus I can shoot MG17s with MK103 only and cannot shoot the gun pod alone. The option of default weapons (MGs and MG151s) being triggered together with independent gun pod trigger seems to me way more logical.

It's a known issue.

Han, thank you so much for the 129 and the maps, the maps are killer,super happy, the 129 is probably my favorite plane ever, i tried to enclose a picture but its not working for me,somehow when i press "attach this file" it turns it into a download on my post,weird.

since the update my hat switch doesn't look around, it snaps and zooms in the direction. Did something get changed within the settings? 

It might be worth checking some of the settings in the "Settings" page. In particular there are a couple of "modes" in the "Camera" page that seem new to me. There are also a couple of other adjustments I've noticed. For instance, I think I've ticked some option that launches missions with the HUD completely off (the 'h' button is already engaged) which for me is great, but a little confusing if you're caught by surprise.

But that's the fun of updates, isn't it! Like unwrapping a prezzie at Christmas!

hello all,

the game dont sart, crach on windows 10 (x64)  GTX 1080 ti driver update. first time i have this problem 

hello all,

the game dont start, crach on windows 10 (x64)  GTX 1080 ti driver update. first time i have this problem 

track IR dont work too

Edited by MATTFLY

I cannot update the game with this small hotfix, i get this error :

post-33924-0-17736600-1504257386_thumb.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/4g8P5

I deleted the entire "const" folder, i used Steam file validation to re-acquire it and the only difference is that now the error says "corrupt content files " instead of "corrupt disk" , the game worked just fine after the big update

Anyways , i deleted the game and re-install it and it works fine now

Edited by [DBS]Prody

Hi developers,

First Thank You for your great work and still coming improvements.

My first view on the new update:

- Kuban map is Huuuuge. Very huge and maybe smaller maps would be better in next time.

- Amount of trees is immersive. Perharps the option for reducing this amount would be welcomed. I flew above them just alone, and cannot imagine the fps drop when more planes would be there as well.

New FM is better. Yes it seems to be too easy now to fly, but yes, it seems to be more realistic. Heavier controls during high speed are awesome. 

Landing with Spitfire at minimum speed with full flaps was incredible experience.

- Map is huge, but "without life" I personally would appreciate more life on the airports, roads, and sees, instead of the size of the map.

- Some shelves (reefs) are sharp, from the large polygons. Those places could be made from smaller triangules, to give it better look.

Thx anyway, immediately when you announced new update I made a payment.

Keep doing this great job guys, .... 

• Upvote 1

I just had a 4 on 4 QM. I started on coastal Kuban runway with very low cloud and overcast (ie absolutely chucking it down). Enemy at 1500m. Took off and climbed through the clouds to eventually break into clear skies with an ocean of fluffy cloud below. Absolutely brilliant sight. Headed off into the fur ball. Was chasing a 109 when another plane got on my tail and after a few bursts whistled past my ear I took evasive action. All to no avail of course as his second burst resulted in my right wing being completely aflame. Cockpit lighting is great when you're literally on fire!

I immediately dived below the clouds back into the weather and located my original runway. Slowed my speed to line up unsure how long my wing would last. Steadied her up and nervously extended flaps. I was just about to land when my right wing came off completely and I hit the deck, skidding along the runway and tilting onto my nose breaking the prop. Eventually came to a halt in perfect position on the runway. Popped the canopy and retired for a spot of tea :)

My god, this game is incredible in VR. Weather, waves, mountains, clouds, fire, bullet tracers. Absolutely brilliant!

- Some shelves (reefs) are sharp, from the large polygons. Those places could be made from smaller triangules, to give it better look.

I am ok with that , and sorry to repeat  : too much haze , if it's possible to reduce it in futur ,   and may be texture of the cliffs are not be always fully integrated with the scenery .( dependent with all verticals textures for map in all games ? )

the good points for me : the map is fully detailled on the flat sector , very wonderful , I like also the different aspect between the sea and the marsh or river .

the " bubble " is less visible , only more visible on huge forests .

hello?

Since the installation of the last patch I receive the following message each time I quit the game: "error has occurred and message about a CFGPool.log but the exe of IL2 does not stop and stays into the background. In game all seems normal only when i quit the game this occurs.

I must each time stop IL2.exe manually.

Annoying, is it not?

:salute:

Edited by senseispcc

hello?

Since the installation of the last patch I receive the following message each time I quit the game: "error has occurred and message about a CFGPool.log but the exe of IL2 does not stop and stays into the background. In game all seems normal only when i quit the game this occurs.

I must each time stop IL2.exe manually.

Annoying, is it not?

:salute:

Are you using reshade or a similar tool by any chance?

No I do not use any extrenal additions to the game even not external campaigns it is a frech install from begin August 2017.  :salute:

Thanks anyway but that is not the problem, the problem did appear after the "b" patch and only after that one.

But my Nvidia card is very "personaly installed" to gain a maximum of FPS but only my graphic card not anything else.

Edited by senseispcc

HS 129 automatic engine startup procedure sets mixture to 33%, then 0% (cutting the neigne) shortly after starting up the second engine

Also that CSU is hell weird, you need to disable to to cruise because there's no RPM control, only prop pitch.

Nocke's answer from the HS 129 Impressions thread,

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:50

to feather the engine, you have to go to manual pitch first, then it works.

For those with the engines dying after start: move the mixture lever forward when the second engine has startet - "someone" is moving it back to stop position.

edit: sorry, had not seen Pike answered that already ...