Han

Game version 2.012 discussion: Hs 129, Kuban map, FM update, New shadows

Update 2.012

Dear pilots,

today is a real milestone for the project - we just released the 2.012 update, one of the biggest ones ever. We already told you in Dev Blogs what it will bring, but here's the quick overview.

1. New Hs 129 B-2 Collector Plane with many unique features and very varied weaponry.
2. Kuban map available in three seasons (Spring, Summer and Autumn). 120 thousands of square kilometers large (400 x 300 km), the biggest map in the new generation of IL-2 to date. Please note that the work on improving the AI is underway and it is not very proficient in mountain flying, we will work on it this Autumn. The map is huge, so we'll be fixing the issues that may be found in Early Access.
3. Updated FM for all aircraft. The total list of FM changes is very long, you can check it out below.
4. Together with the Kuban map, we're releasing many AI controlled ships: G-5, G-5 project 213 and S-38 torpedo boats, Type A landing barge, Type Щ (Shch) series X and Type IIB submarines, Soviet Type 7 destroyer.
5. Completely new shadow tech that allowed us to increase the shadows resolution in the cockpit, render outside shadows several times further, show the own plane shadow on the ground and make tree shadows more realistic.
Here's the complete change list:

News on 2.012 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 19

Congratulations on this milestone!!

I can't wait to get out of work. 4 more hours (+1 commute) to play this glorious update.

Thank you devs. So many changes.

Cant wait for a raid!

S!

Edited by Yankee_One

DAMM!

NICE!

ef0389c12c479811be4c33b12c1aaab4.png

ca3d450ab16b51d6254af5674721a279.png

d039beba177f7ce3e1e6d78cbb27f03a.png

7873fec8efbe6692f81d47fa8bad197a.png

dbf563f7cea74e64e40ce92daf6fdf2a.png

This is nice! Thanks!

Edited by LF_Shinji_Ikari
  • Upvote 13

Can anyone explain what "pedal loads at low and highs speeds decreased/increased" means and what it actually does?

Just loaded it up on the 1080Ti maxed out, the new shadows are phenomenal and the Kuban map is stunning - best looking flight sim I've ever seen

Can anyone explain what "pedal loads at low and highs speeds decreased/increased" means and what it actually does?

i wondering too

It means that as dynamic pressure increases the forces needed to act on these control surfaces also increase, and one should not be able to make "wild" inputs, specially given the hardware controllers we use are far from being realistic in terms o size and force feedback.

This can cause some weird / unrealistic tail dance on simulators that do not try to overcome such controller limitations.

I am looking forward to test this one  :good:

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 1

Just loaded it up on the 1080Ti maxed out, the new shadows are phenomenal and the Kuban map is stunning - best looking flight sim I've ever seen

I love the shadows, they give new flavor to the older maps and missions too. Edited by Zami

It means that as dynamic pressure increases the forces needed to act on these control surfaces also increase, and one should not be able to make "wild" inputs, specially given the hardware controllers we use are far from being realistic in terms o size and force feedback.

This can cause some weird / unrealistic tail dance on simulators that do not try to overcome such controller limitations.

I am looking forward to test this one  :good:

Thanks for the explanation!

"11. Armored glass improved visually on all aircraft;"

what does that mean ? in wich way improved ?

Great work. Thank you for continuing to support and expand this wonderful series.

You'll NEVER top the:  "Oh, and by the way, we added Oculus Rift VR capability"   surprise though ... but this is close/   :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Great work team and Jason. I will enjoy this with my Rift :biggrin:

Edited by [MA]_Goblin

"11. Armored glass improved visually on all aircraft;"

what does that mean ? in wich way improved ?

The refraction of light is improved + some another things. You will see   ;)

Edited by I./JG1_Baron