Feedback on latest version.

Performance:

As others have reported, with ASW disabled, I usually get 90 FPS with my gaming rig in my test scenario but with this mod enabled my avg. FPS has dropped to about 70.

Of course with ASW enabled the framerate is still locked at 45fps.

Sight Toggle (K)

Works as expected

Prop Toggle (Shift K)

This works very well but only if the smaller, moded gunsite is enabled. If you have the larger unmoded sight up the mod switches to the smaller sight first and then disables the prop. I think some people would like the benefit of disabling the prop but still using the old unmoded sight.

x2 and x4 zoom functions (RAlt Up and Down Arrow)

Both of these zooms do work with the Oculus however the left and right lens views seem to overlap so it is not a clear picture at all as it is with the games default VR zoom.

Color Change (RAlt-Left Arrow):

The toggle works as expected. Question, is your value the one that is enabled by default or is that the games native color setting?

Label Filtering (Shift-U):

Works as expected.

I run with AAx4 so did not edit the d2dx.ini file to enable label masking yet, will do so later and report my findings.

I hope my feedback is valuable to you.

Madmatt

Edited by Madmatt
  • Upvote 1

More feedback:

Label Masking

The label masking works perfect with AA disabled.

x2 and x4 Zoom, additional comments.

More details on x2 and x4 zoom modes. I have noticed that the issue with the x2 and x4 zoom modes isn't that the views overlap, it is actually the opposite, it looks like both left and right lens are zoomed in to points in space that are too far apart. this gives a very skewed perspective.

Madmatt

Edited by Madmatt

Here are some pics that might demonstrate what I mean about the moded zoom views while using the Oculus.

Default view (no zoom): 

OTVDx2D.png

Game unmoded zoom:

m7ZWcse.png

Moded x2 Zoom:

hUyS7bE.png

Moded x4 Zoom:

i4lHusn.png

The moded x2 zoom mode actually doesn't work too bad, although its functionality is somewhat limited since the game already allows a wider FOV x2 zoom. The entire gunsight is displayed and their doesn't appear to be any area to the front that is missing. The advantage to this view as opposed to the ingame VR Zoom is that it pops up instantly while the in-game VR zoom does actually zoom in which for some can be a bit stomach churning. This disadvantage is the much smaller field of view as you can see the zoomed in area is only a small part of the render window while the default zoom uses the entirety of the render window.

The moded x4 view though is not as useable as is because each lens seems aimed at two points that are too far apart which creates a large area immediately to the front that neither lens is showing. Notice how in the screen shot above the entire gunsight is missing with just the left side filter bracket being shown in the left lens and rightmost bracket in the right lens. For a useable x4 zoom, each viewpoint needs to be adjust so that the center of the FOV is shown.

Again, I hope this helps illustrate my findings and thank you for working on this mod. I really think it adds a lot to us VR players!

Madmatt

Edited by Madmatt
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the feedback.

You can change the radius of the displayed zoomed area by increasing the value "x = 0.08" (;zoom square radius) in d3dx.ini

And the mod zoom can be applied on top of the game zoom.

Unfortunately I do not know how to find the eye for the displayed frame, so I can not change the center of the zoomed view. (I spent a lot of time to find a way but did not succed)

You can modify the color change with the variables z6 = 0.1and w6 = 0.9 in d3dx.ini. the formula is  new color = original color (rgb)* w6 + z6

Prop toggle use the same variable as for the sight mode, so it set it back to a value when toggle off. I may use another variable, but the return value of the prop switch is defined in the last value of line "y = 2.0, 1.0" of the key5 section of d3dx.ini. 0 : original sight, 1 : reduced sight + propeller, ; 2 : reduced sight without propeller, 3 : no sight. So you may change it to what fits you...

Did you check the fps impact of the version without label masking ?

Edited by lefuneste

Lefuneste, i have not noticed any additional fps impact with label masking activated or deactivated. It stays the same, but with your new shaders I am experiencing a pretty significant frame drop overall. I'll try and do some more controlled testing with and without your shaders and see what the overall frame impact really is.

As for the modification to Key5, that did not seem to make any difference. Whenever I turn off the prop, it always defaults to the new reduced sight. I also tried to modify key4 but that didn't seem to work either.

Madmatt

I've done a bunch of testing to see what impact this mod actually represents. I tested with and without the shaders enabled and results and summary is detailed below. My system specs are in my signature below as well.

I first used the saved track file, graphics settings and SuperSampling (1.7 in SteamVR) level as detailed in the Common Baseline Benchmarking thread detailed here: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/29322-measuring-rig-performance-common-baseline/

With those settings I got the following:

Avg: 83.783 - Min: 57 - Max: 91  - No shaders installed
Avg: 73.333 - Min: 47 - Max: 91  - Shaders enabled (small gunsight ON, new colors enabled, masked labels ON)

This shows a roughly 12% impact in the average framerate and a 17% lower minimum fps. Interesting that the max FPS is the max that the Oculus can generate in the HMD (90fps because of the locked 90Hz refresh rate it runs).

Next I ran the tests again but this time I set the game to the graphics settings that I like to run while playing. As you can see, they are much higher with the SuperSampling cranked up to max in SteamVR of 5.0.
My settings:
XBm08n8.jpg

Test results (SuperSampling maxed at 5.0 in SteamVR):
Avg: 50.033 - Min: 44 - Max: 72  - No Shaders
Avg: 45.617 - Min: 43 - Max: 53  - Shaders

Now we are seeing that the high SuperSampling results in a much lower max FPS and with the shaders coming in 26% less than running without. The average however is a 10% decrease in FPS but the minimum FPS were almost identical at 44 without shaders and 43 with them running.

Lastly, I ran the tests once more but this time left all my ingame graphics settings as in pic above but I lowered the SuperSampling to the same level as I used for the first tests (1.7 in SteamVR).

Test results (SuperSampling set to 1.7 in SteamVR):
Avg: 74.950 - Min: 61 - Max: 88 - No Shaders
Avg: 50.783 - Min: 44 - Max: 81 - Shaders

This time we see a 32% average FPS reduction, about 28% lower on the minimum FPS but just 9% less on max frames.

So, what does all of this mean? I would say that those of us that like to run with ASW disabled and have higher end cards, it looks like this mod does have a lot of overhead that is impacting framerate but the game will still play at framerates that are enjoyable. Of course, if you run with ASW and a locked framerate of 45fps, this is less of a problem with ASW only enabling in the most stressful of scenes.

Granted, my system is rather high end, and my GPU is aggressively overclocked as is my CPU and RAM so your mileage will certainly vary.

I hope this testing helps a bit. One last thing, I did run some tests with labels set to both being blocked by the plane frame and without, I didn't notice any difference. I did not test with labels turned off completely but even in the default game, that does usually increase frames by a few % and turning the HUD all the way off has an ever larger impact.

I think the key to great framerates in game isn't necessarily with the graphic settings or shader mods running, it's more about being realistic with how much SuperSampling is enabled... 

Madmatt

Edited by Madmatt

thanks for the testing. Just to be sure, when you said "label being blocked by plane frame and without" that means "version of the mod without label masking", not "label masking desactivated by using the "u" key" ?

The label masking involve copying shader output, that are directly related to rendering resolution, even if labels are not masked. The version of the mod without masking does not copy shader output.

Edited by lefuneste

Actually no, I was merely deactivating it with the U key. I was wondering if that would make a difference. 

I'll see if I can do some more testing with the version without label masking and see what I get, May be a bit before I can do some testing as I honestly just want to play for a bit, instead of running benchmarks all night. :)

Madmatt

I put ingame gamma to 0.9 and w6 to 1.2  

Don't lower ingame gamma too low (it is not a simple 2D monitor), you would get godray effects and will wash out colours considerably more. You will still be able to spot hostiles much better in the Rift than on the old 4k screen, and the identification process gets to be more or less equal.

Hat das mir der Farbeinstellung funktioniert?

Auf welchen Server spielt Ihr? Coconut's Kampagne oder TAW?

Habt ihr Lust auf eine VR Team Treffen?

Gruß Nelly2408

I updated the first post to add a better information of features/customization and the link to the  version 2.4 : toggle propeller on/off does not change sight mode, sight works now for "LOW" settings of Il2Bos.

I made some testing regarding fps loss : with settings to low and no SS, I had ~80 fps on quick mission with or without the mod...And I did not see significant losses with more agressive settings...

So I do not know if the fps loss are linked to the Rift or configuration, but unfortunately I am not able to change anything...

• Upvote 1

New 4.0 version : new method for label filtering that will be reliable and do not need to declare the AA level.

I finally found how to know fthe eye for which the image is being drawn, so I implement a new option that shift the picture to the left or the right (regarding the eye) to introduce an "IPD modifier like" function.

The function is toggled by ALT+Right arrow key. It set it to enlarge cockpit, because I found it to small with my OSVR HKD2. You may try...

Of course it can be customized. The zoom function could also be shifted in order to fix the problem with the Rift, but as I do not have one I can not define values to use.

See first post for details and to download the last version.

New 4.0 version : new method for label filtering that will be reliable and do not need to declare the AA level.

I finally found how to know fthe eye for which the image is being drawn, so I implement a new option that shift the picture to the left or the right (regarding the eye) to introduce an "IPD modifier like" function.

The function is toggled by ALT+Right arrow key. It set it to enlarge cockpit, because I found it to small with my OSVR HKD2. You may try...

Of course it can be customized. The zoom function could also be shifted in order to fix the problem with the Rift, but as I do not have one I can not define values to use.

See first post for details and to download the last version.

This is my first time trying the mod, so sorry if this is a problem that extended back to previous versions, but I can't get this to work.

I've extracted the contents SteamVR_3dMigoto of the SteamVR directory (D:\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR) - example file path: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\bin\uninstall.bat"

and I've extracted 3migoto_VR_4.0 to the game directory (C:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad) - example file path:  "C:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\uninstall.bat"

When I extract the SteamVR files - everything continues to run fine (i.e. IL2 still loads and other games work fine)

But then I try and extract the game files IL2 no longer loads.

First I get a prompt saying Windows Host Process wants to run rundll32 which I accept, then nothing...

I'm on Windows 10, using an Oculus Rift with IL2 purchased and running through Steam/SteamVR.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Just noticed the link to the 2.3 download - running that it works fine, game starts and I can remove the prop by pressing SHIFT+K. I've go no gun sight at the moment but at least it works generally.

So at the moment 3migoto_VR_2.3_AA0x.zip works fine, 3migoto_VR_4.0.zip fails.

Edited by RoyMi6

I uninstalled my current version, downloaded the mod from the first post, installed it (with JSGME) and all is working... Which graphic settings do you use ?

Boom - fixed it.

I managed to narrow it down to the d3dx.ini by virtue of the fact that I could install version 4 but use version 2.3 of the d3dx.ini fine.

Did a compare and worked my way through commenting out the extra values added by version 4.

If I comment out this single line (952): StereoProfile = 1

It works fine great.

I'm running Balanced graphics settings.

Only found out about 3DMigoto since finding this thread but have used it to remove glass etching from the cockpit. Always find it distracting in the Rift as it glimmers with the AA.

No idea at the moment how you choose which variables are free to make this a configurable option (how do you know z5 is available in the IniParams register for using with the properlor option??) so I've just put a return statement at the top of main :D

EDIT: Sorry, this is only for the spitfire - not tested with anything else!

EDIT2: Understanding the variables now after reading the inline documentation :) Looks like most are free to start with in IniParams and I just need to reference your code to see which ones are already being used.

I'm not going to bother expanding on this as I know very little about it so don't want to miss out on any updates you do Lefuneste. If you would consider adding an option for removing the glass etching from cockpits it would be appreciated though!

cd60814f666c8f17-ps_replace.txt

// Glass etching ---- Created with 3Dmigoto v1.2.57 on Sun Oct 08 08:46:00 2017

cbuffer _Globals : register(b0)
{
  float4 g_vParams : packoffset(c0);
  float4 g_aUVShiftData[64] : packoffset(c1);
  float4 bones[192] : packoffset(c65);
  float4x4 g_mCloudsShadowsSpace : packoffset(c257);
  float4 g_vCloudsShadowDesc : packoffset(c261);
  float4 specColor : packoffset(c262);
  float4 ControlData : packoffset(c263);
  float4 difColor : packoffset(c264);
  float4 ambient : packoffset(c265);
  float4 lightCount : packoffset(c266);
  float4 g_avLightPos[4] : packoffset(c267);
  float4 g_avLightColor[4] : packoffset(c271);
  float4 g_avConeDir[4] : packoffset(c275);
  float4 g_vAmbientSettings : packoffset(c279);
  float4x4 g_mViewProj : packoffset(c280);
  float4 g_vCamPos : packoffset(c284);
  float4 g_vModColor : packoffset(c285);
  float4 g_vModMask : packoffset(c286);

struct
  {
    float4x4 mLightSpaceInverse;
    float4x4 mLightSpace;
    float4 vShadowBias;
    float4 vBiasDir;
    float4 vSmoothOffs;
    float4 vShadowsDesc;
    float4 avCPlane[8];
    float4 avCascadeZ[2];
    float4 avUVTransform[8];
    float4 avZTransformZF[8];
  } g_ShadSettings : packoffset(c287);

}

SamplerState CloudsShadowsSampler_s : register(s0);
SamplerState NormalSampler_s : register(s1);
Texture2D<float4> NormalSampler : register(t0);
Texture2D<float4> CloudsShadowsSampler : register(t1);

// 3Dmigoto declarations
#define cmp -
Texture1D<float4> IniParams : register(t15);

void main( 
  float4 v0 : SV_Position0,
  float4 v1 : TEXCOORD0,
  float4 v2 : TEXCOORD1,
  float4 v3 : TEXCOORD2,
  float4 v4 : TEXCOORD3,
  float4 v5 : TEXCOORD4,
  float4 v6 : TEXCOORD5,
  float3 v7 : TEXCOORD6,
  float4 v8 : COLOR0,
  float4 v9 : COLOR1,
  float4 v10 : COLOR2,
  out float4 o0 : SV_Target0)
{
  return;
  float4 r0,r1,r2,r3;
  uint4 bitmask, uiDest;
  float4 fDest;

r0.xy = float2(5,5) * v1.xy;
  r0.xyzw = NormalSampler.Sample(NormalSampler_s, r0.xy).xyzw;
  r1.xyz = r0.xzy * float3(2,2,2) + float3(-1,-1,-1);
  r0.x = CloudsShadowsSampler.Sample(CloudsShadowsSampler_s, v4.xy).y;
  r0.y = g_vCloudsShadowDesc.z * v4.z;
  r0.x = -1 + r0.x;
  r0.x = r0.y * r0.x + 1;
  r0.y = cmp(r1.y < 0.899999976);
  if (r0.y != 0) {
    r1.w = 0.0500000007 * r1.y;
  } else {
    r1.w = r1.y;
  }
  r0.y = dot(r1.xzw, r1.xzw);
  r0.y = rsqrt(r0.y);
  r1.xyz = r1.xwz * r0.yyy + float3(-0,-1,-0);
  r1.xyz = v10.www * r1.xyz + float3(0,1,0);
  r0.yz = cmp(g_avLightColor[0].xy >= float2(100,100));
  if (r0.y != 0) {
    r0.y = -100 + g_avLightColor[0].x;
  } else {
    r0.y = g_avLightColor[0].x;
  }
  if (r0.z != 0) {
    r0.z = -100 + g_avLightColor[0].y;
  } else {
    r0.z = g_avLightColor[0].y;
  }
  r2.xy = specColor.xy * r0.yz;
  r2.z = g_avLightColor[0].z * specColor.z;
  r0.y = dot(v2.xyz, v2.xyz);
  r0.y = rsqrt(r0.y);
  r3.xyz = v2.xyz * r0.yyy;
  r0.y = dot(r1.xyz, r3.xyz);
  r0.y = max(0, r0.y);
  r0.y = log2(r0.y);
  r0.y = specColor.w * r0.y;
  r0.y = exp2(r0.y);
  r0.y = v2.w * r0.y;
  r1.xyz = r0.yyy * r2.xyz + v10.xyz;
  r0.y = dot(v7.xyz, v7.xyz);
  r0.y = rsqrt(r0.y);
  r3.xyz = v7.xyz * r0.yyy;
  r0.y = dot(r3.xyz, g_avLightPos[0].xyz);
  r0.y = max(0, r0.y);
  r0.z = 1 + -r0.w;
  r0.z = specColor.w * r0.z;
  r0.z = 0.200000003 * r0.z;
  r0.z = max(1, r0.z);
  r0.y = log2(r0.y);
  r0.y = r0.z * r0.y;
  r0.y = exp2(r0.y);
  r0.y = r0.w * r0.y;
  r0.yzw = r0.yyy * r2.xyz + r1.xyz;
  o0.xyz = r0.yzw * r0.xxx;
  o0.w = 0;
  return;
}

/*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
//
// Generated by Microsoft (R) HLSL Shader Compiler 9.29.952.3111
//
//   using 3Dmigoto v1.2.57 on Sun Oct 08 08:46:00 2017
//
//
// Buffer Definitions: 
//
// cbuffer $Globals
// {
//
//   float4 g_vParams;                  // Offset:    0 Size:    16 [unused]
//   float4 g_aUVShiftData[64];         // Offset:   16 Size:  1024 [unused]
//   float4 bones[192];                 // Offset: 1040 Size:  3072 [unused]
//   float4x4 g_mCloudsShadowsSpace;    // Offset: 4112 Size:    64 [unused]
//   float4 g_vCloudsShadowDesc;        // Offset: 4176 Size:    16
//   float4 specColor;                  // Offset: 4192 Size:    16
//   float4 ControlData;                // Offset: 4208 Size:    16 [unused]
//   float4 difColor;                   // Offset: 4224 Size:    16 [unused]
//   float4 ambient;                    // Offset: 4240 Size:    16 [unused]
//   float4 lightCount;                 // Offset: 4256 Size:    16 [unused]
//   float4 g_avLightPos[4];            // Offset: 4272 Size:    64
//   float4 g_avLightColor[4];          // Offset: 4336 Size:    64
//   float4 g_avConeDir[4];             // Offset: 4400 Size:    64 [unused]
//   float4 g_vAmbientSettings;         // Offset: 4464 Size:    16 [unused]
//   float4x4 g_mViewProj;              // Offset: 4480 Size:    64 [unused]
//   float4 g_vCamPos;                  // Offset: 4544 Size:    16 [unused]
//   float4 g_vModColor;                // Offset: 4560 Size:    16 [unused]
//   float4 g_vModMask;                 // Offset: 4576 Size:    16 [unused]
//   
//   struct
//   {
//       
//       float4x4 mLightSpaceInverse;   // Offset: 4592
//       float4x4 mLightSpace;          // Offset: 4656
//       float4 vShadowBias;            // Offset: 4720
//       float4 vBiasDir;               // Offset: 4736
//       float4 vSmoothOffs;            // Offset: 4752
//       float4 vShadowsDesc;           // Offset: 4768
//       float4 avCPlane[8];            // Offset: 4784
//       float4 avCascadeZ[2];          // Offset: 4912
//       float4 avUVTransform[8];       // Offset: 4944
//       float4 avZTransformZF[8];      // Offset: 5072
//
//   } g_ShadSettings;                  // Offset: 4592 Size:   608 [unused]
//
// }
//
//
// Resource Bindings:
//
// Name                                 Type  Format         Dim Slot Elements
// ------------------------------ ---------- ------- ----------- ---- --------
// CloudsShadowsSampler              sampler      NA          NA    0        1
// NormalSampler                     sampler      NA          NA    1        1
// NormalSampler                     texture  float4          2d    0        1
// CloudsShadowsSampler              texture  float4          2d    1        1
// $Globals                          cbuffer      NA          NA    0        1
//
//
//
// Input signature:
//
// Name                 Index   Mask Register SysValue  Format   Used
// -------------------- ----- ------ -------- -------- ------- ------
// SV_Position              0   xyzw        0      POS   float       
// TEXCOORD                 0   xy          1     NONE   float   xy  
// TEXCOORD                 1   xyzw        2     NONE   float   xyzw
// TEXCOORD                 2   xyz         3     NONE   float       
// TEXCOORD                 3   xyz         4     NONE   float   xyz 
// TEXCOORD                 4   xyzw        5     NONE   float       
// TEXCOORD                 5   xyzw        6     NONE   float       
// TEXCOORD                 6   xyz         7     NONE   float   xyz 
// COLOR                    0   xyzw        8     NONE   float       
// COLOR                    1   xyzw        9     NONE   float       
// COLOR                    2   xyzw       10     NONE   float   xyzw
//
//
// Output signature:
//
// Name                 Index   Mask Register SysValue  Format   Used
// -------------------- ----- ------ -------- -------- ------- ------
// SV_Target                0   xyzw        0   TARGET   float   xyzw
//
ps_4_1
dcl_globalFlags refactoringAllowed
dcl_constantbuffer cb0[272], immediateIndexed
dcl_sampler s0, mode_default
dcl_sampler s1, mode_default
dcl_resource_texture2d (float,float,float,float) t0
dcl_resource_texture2d (float,float,float,float) t1
dcl_input_ps linear v1.xy
dcl_input_ps linear v2.xyzw
dcl_input_ps linear v4.xyz
dcl_input_ps linear v7.xyz
dcl_input_ps linear v10.xyzw
dcl_output o0.xyzw
dcl_temps 4
mul r0.xy, v1.xyxx, l(5.000000, 5.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000)
sample r0.xyzw, r0.xyxx, t0.xyzw, s1
mad r1.xyz, r0.xzyx, l(2.000000, 2.000000, 2.000000, 0.000000), l(-1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, 0.000000)
sample r0.x, v4.xyxx, t1.yxzw, s0
mul r0.y, v4.z, cb0[261].z
add r0.x, r0.x, l(-1.000000)
mad r0.x, r0.y, r0.x, l(1.000000)
lt r0.y, r1.y, l(0.900000)
if_nz r0.y
  mul r1.w, r1.y, l(0.050000)
else 
  mov r1.w, r1.y
endif 
dp3 r0.y, r1.xzwx, r1.xzwx
rsq r0.y, r0.y
mad r1.xyz, r1.xwzx, r0.yyyy, l(-0.000000, -1.000000, -0.000000, 0.000000)
mad r1.xyz, v10.wwww, r1.xyzx, l(0.000000, 1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000)
ge r0.yz, cb0[271].xxyx, l(0.000000, 100.000000, 100.000000, 0.000000)
if_nz r0.y
  add r0.y, cb0[271].x, l(-100.000000)
else 
  mov r0.y, cb0[271].x
endif 
if_nz r0.z
  add r0.z, cb0[271].y, l(-100.000000)
else 
  mov r0.z, cb0[271].y
endif 
mul r2.xy, r0.yzyy, cb0[262].xyxx
mul r2.z, cb0[262].z, cb0[271].z
dp3 r0.y, v2.xyzx, v2.xyzx
rsq r0.y, r0.y
mul r3.xyz, r0.yyyy, v2.xyzx
dp3 r0.y, r1.xyzx, r3.xyzx
max r0.y, r0.y, l(0.000000)
log r0.y, r0.y
mul r0.y, r0.y, cb0[262].w
exp r0.y, r0.y
mul r0.y, r0.y, v2.w
mad r1.xyz, r0.yyyy, r2.xyzx, v10.xyzx
dp3 r0.y, v7.xyzx, v7.xyzx
rsq r0.y, r0.y
mul r3.xyz, r0.yyyy, v7.xyzx
dp3 r0.y, r3.xyzx, cb0[267].xyzx
max r0.y, r0.y, l(0.000000)
add r0.z, -r0.w, l(1.000000)
mul r0.z, r0.z, cb0[262].w
mul r0.z, r0.z, l(0.200000)
max r0.z, r0.z, l(1.000000)
log r0.y, r0.y
mul r0.y, r0.y, r0.z
exp r0.y, r0.y
mul r0.y, r0.y, r0.w
mad r0.yzw, r0.yyyy, r2.xxyz, r1.xxyz
mul o0.xyz, r0.xxxx, r0.yzwy
mov o0.w, l(0)
ret 
// Approximately 57 instruction slots used

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*/

Edited by RoyMi6

I just found a bug (a line forgotten in the shader used fort the label symbol) that make masking not perfect when the "IPD modifier like" fuction is used. I just uploaded the fixed version, so for the few that have downloaded it, you should download and install it again...

@RoyMi6 : upload here the modified shader and the d3dx.ini, I will include it in a 4.1 version. But you'll have to define a toggle function for disabling the glass etching and bind it to key  that is not used by default by the game.

Edited by lefuneste

I just found a bug (a line forgotten in the shader used fort the label symbol) that make masking not perfect when the "IPD modifier like" fuction is used. I just uploaded the fixed version, so for the few that have downloaded it, you should download and install it again...

@RoyMi6 : upload here the modified shader and the d3dx.ini, I will include it in a 4.1 version. But you'll have to define a toggle function for disabling the glass etching and bind it to key  that is not used by default by the game.

I tried downloading the latest ZIP but it fails to extract...

The zip was corrupted. I uploaded it again.

Could you try the "Alt+right arrow" option and give me feedback for the Rift ?

Cool, will give it a try tomorrow.

ALT+RightArrow seems to have little to no effect with the Rift. It's like it just shifts your view over by 1cm or something.

Zoom is also broken - as others have pointed out. If you give me some pointers for how to tweaks the shader I can try tinkering with it to see how I can make it work better so they converge in stereo correctly. I assume it's just an X offset I need to play with.

ALT+RightArrow seems to have little to no effect with the Rift. It's like it just shifts your view over by 1cm or something.

Does it shift the view to a direction only: that is shift the view to the left or the right for both eyes ?

Zoom can only be fixed if the view is shifted differently for each eye. This is the case for the OSVR.

EdIt : I did not work today, so I flew a bit and found that the shader I use to find the eye is not always activated...

Can you try again in a quick mission on stalingrad summer / time =12:00, Weather  =Average, clouds level = 500m ?

Edited by lefuneste

Hat das mir der Farbeinstellung funktioniert?

Auf welchen Server spielt Ihr? Coconut's Kampagne oder TAW?

Habt ihr Lust auf eine VR Team Treffen?

Gruß Nelly2408

Hey, I was busy IRL for the last month, I will start playing again next week once my new vpc joystick arrives! Yes, it was TAW/coconut, if not available then WoL

New version 4.1 : icon and labels are masked when zooming, depth increase function (ALT + right arrow) should work in all cases.

Friendly bump

I have resolved to keep ASW on, because without it I am getting some degree of eye strain. I will retry this tomorrow, as 80fps or 70fps do not matter when running with ASW at 45fps. What matters is that I can get rid of the propeller disk now! Will report back  :salute:

Not sure if I am a retard but I cannot get il2 to start after placing 3migoto_VR in the game directory, running the uninstall.bat returns everything back and I can start the game so that is nice. Any ideas on what could be the problem?
tried 2.2, 2.3 and 4.1

Edited by mew

Boom - fixed it.

I managed to narrow it down to the d3dx.ini by virtue of the fact that I could install version 4 but use version 2.3 of the d3dx.ini fine.

Did a compare and worked my way through commenting out the extra values added by version 4.

If I comment out this single line (952): StereoProfile = 1

It works fine great.

I'm running Balanced graphics settings.

This is the solution guys. I repeat it here, it was found by RoyMi6. Try it, it works. I had the same issue today. "To comment out" means to put ; in front of this line. :salute:

Edited by 2./JG51_Fenris_Wolf

This is the solution guys. I repeat it here, it was found by RoyMi6. Try it, it works. I had the same issue today. "To comment out" means to put ; in front of this line. :salute:

I missed this one. I will update the mod to comment this line. As I do have 3dvision also this is working on my PC.

Thanks a lot for this mod. It works great with 45 FPS locked and ASW on (Ctrl-3).

It might cost something in terms of FPS by it is still the best way to play IL2 with Oculus Rift.

A new version of 3dmigoto has been released than improved fps for CPU bound game.

I will test it and update the mod next week.

Hello,

I have an issue with the plugin. It makes the shores black in BoK, all the time, everywhere.

Anyone has a suggestion to solve this issue? Thanks.

post-45286-0-96560500-1514652209_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I have an issue with the plugin. It makes the shores black in BoK, all the time, everywhere.

Anyone has a suggestion to solve this issue? Thanks.

I think you must be using the Iwo Jima mod that some of our disappointed PTO fans have asked for :)

I'm happy to see that I am not the only one to find that something is wrong on cockpit scale. But it may depend of your VR helmet...

For siabling mods:  the most simple is to set some variables to 0 or 1 in order to activate/de activate the feature by default (see comments or key mapping  in d3dx.ini to identify which variables are used for each usage) and then you can comment the key section of the unwanted feature.

And I think that you will use the zoom in the version that will be released soon...see https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32788-determining-enemies-vr/page-2?do=findComment&comment=553014

Which helmet do you use ? VIVE ? If so the version of the post should work as it is, just replace hunting =1 by hunting = 0 and try the x5 and x10 zoom for far planes or ground object...

If you want to modify the IPD value you can modify x6=-0.02 value in key8 section. The number is the shift applied  (1= full screen). Keep it negative.

Edited by lefuneste

Hi,

I have the same problem as Haltux. The shores are black. and also the river.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have the same problem as Haltux. The shores are black. and also the river.

Thanks.

The simpliest for me is to have a track showing the problem, in order to help me to investigate.

And i do not use zoom, cause i find zoom in VR a ridicilous feature. See i play for immersion and part of that is, that i am limited to the my eyesight only. :biggrin:

I do not know how you can flight campaign without zoom. I do not see anything to attack without it. I imagine that you do not use labels too ?

The simpliest for me is to have a track showing the problem, in order to help me to investigate.

I'll do it as soon as possible. Please confirm what you need is just a .trk file of some short flight that include the bug. No debug mode required, just some standard recording?

I'll do it as soon as possible. Please confirm what you need is just a .trk file of some short flight that include the bug. No debug mode required, just some standard recording?

Yes. Just to be able to easily reproduce the problem.