MrFies

BF-109 G6 as Collector Plane ?

And, as a collector plane, would this "best-109-variant-to-date" then be considered a pay-to-win option, with all the problems that entails?

In terms of performance the 1943 Bf 109 G-6 isn't the best 109 variant, in fact I think it may be the worst of the Gustavs, a little bit faster than the F-4 in emergency but not as agile, and in combat mode a bit slower than the G-4 because of the added drag (and that one is already slower than the F-4/G-2 in combat mode). A G-2 with 1.42 ata would be much better (and the best 109 until the G-10 imho).

The added gameplay it would have is well... having that plane in itself which was the workhorse of the LW in the mid-late war. The extra firepower of the 13mm and maybe the 30mm if it isn't to late. About the improved canopy and taller tail I don't know if it would be best to save those for a future G-14 along with MW 50, which has all these late features (basically the point of the G-14), and thus complemented with other late allied fighters whenever a late Easter-Western theatre arrives. Maybe a good compromise would be to have just one of these improvements, the earliest one (I don't know which one came first, the tall tail, the improved canopy, or the MW 50).  A full fledged 1944 G-6 would kinda isolate it from the rest of the 1943 fighters in Kuban, same if the rumored La-5FN is also the 1944 one. I would prefer if they both were the 1943 variants.

Fw44 Stieglitz!

The first Focke Wulf plane I met IRL :)

2pLApoP.jpg

KFQCha5.jpg

It has some very distinct difference, which is why i argued to add the G-6 instead of the G-4. 13mm MG, capable of carrying the MK 103 30mm cannon. quite well armored. Was fitted with WG 21 rockets. and it's the most produced 109 variant with over 8000 build

In terms of performance the 1943 Bf 109 G-6 isn't the best 109 variant, in fact I think it may be the worst of the Gustavs, a little bit faster than the F-4 in emergency but not as agile, and in combat mode a bit slower than the G-4 because of the added drag (and that one is already slower than the F-4/G-2 in combat mode). A G-2 with 1.42 ata would be much better (and the best 109 until the G-10 imho).

The added gameplay it would have is well... having that plane in itself which was the workhorse of the LW in the mid-late war. The extra firepower of the 13mm and maybe the 30mm if it isn't to late. About the improved canopy and taller tail I don't know if it would be best to save those for a future G-14 along with MW 50, which has all these late features (basically the point of the G-14), and thus complemented with other late allied fighters whenever a late Easter-Western theatre arrives. Maybe a good compromise would be to have just one of these improvements, the earliest one (I don't know which one came first, the tall tail, the improved canopy, or the MW 50).  A full fledged 1944 G-6 would kinda isolate it from the rest of the 1943 fighters in Kuban, same if the rumored La-5FN is also the 1944 one. I would prefer if they both were the 1943 variants.

2pLApoP.jpg

KFQCha5.jpg

As far as i know the G14 comes before the G10 and it also performs better. I would still take the unrated G2 over the G6 anyday. I just hope they release a engine modification for it as they did for the La-5.

As far as i know the G14 comes before the G10 and it also performs better. I would still take the unrated G2 over the G6 anyday. I just hope they release a engine modification for it as they did for the La-5.

The G-14 is earlier than the G-10 yes but I don't think it performs better? The engines have similar power but the G-10 has the improved cowling for the 13mm which has less drag. And I think the late G-10 could have increased engine power by using C3 fuel.

1.42 ata for the G-2 would be nice, but I feel it would leave the G-4 in the garage to collect dust :/ it's the only selling point of the plane. Still I don't consider this modification as a counterpart to the implementation of the F engine for the La-5 in terms of matchup as it was much earlier (early 1943) while the 1.42 for DB 605 was cleared in October I believe? And it's still the early La-5 airframe, without the other benefits a true La-5F would have (better rear view, better aerodynamics, etc).

2pLApoP.jpg

KFQCha5.jpg

Cool, me too. An original from early 40s and still flying.

wCxuZCc.jpg

sgFNNI2.jpg

zagKAJ8.jpg

Edited by 6./ZG26_5tuka

Cool, me too. An original from early 40s and still flying.

wCxuZCc.jpg

sgFNNI2.jpg

zagKAJ8.jpg

Nobody cares. It's such a stupid Plane. It's only good for Firewood if anything. This game needs a Heinkel He 72 Kadett more than anything else, but not that stupid Focke Wulf Crap. 

446757.jpg

1014-33-2-4.jpg

arkivi_644813.jpgarkivi_716349.jpg

G2, G4, G6 meh

There are much more interesting planes that will add a lot more variety to the game.

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Upvote 3

G2, G4, G6 meh

There are much more interesting planes that will a lot more variety to the game.

Yep

BoX has more variants of the Bf 109 than it does variants of the game's namesake: the IL-2 itself.  We already have...

Couldn't agree more.  Do we really need 109 #6?  How about a float plane for BoK instead? :biggrin:

Or a PBY that can be used in the Black Sea and the Pacific :cool:

• Upvote 2

I wonder what the introduction dates were for the MK108 & Erla Haub on the G-6, especially on the Eastern Front.

The first MK108 did not arrive before late 1943 in the east and only in small numbers, because Reich defence units had priority.

Edited by Juri_JS

Since we have 37m for the Stuka D variant, we can have MK108.

I hope they will have the time to do G6.

• Upvote 1

If you find time and resources to model the « Beule » aka G-6, add the tropical filter as an option, please ??

Absolutely, the FW190 A6 :P

I agree. A6 is the latest FW190 to fit into the Kuban timeframe.

It has 4x MG151/20mm, and also offers to exchange outer wing mounted ones for 2x 30mm MK108. 

For the current FW190 A3/A5, the standard should also always be 4 Maschinenkanonen, since that was the actual standard. To only go with 2 should be the modification. Currently, it is the other way around.

Edited by 1CAG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Upvote 4

The first MK108 did not arrive before late 1943 in the east and only in small numbers, because Reich defence units had priority.

Serial production of La-5 FN also started in autumn 1943 (because of slow engine production), so that would be equal. However, if we get G-6 and La-5 FN, it will be G-6 from first series without Erla canopy and without MK 108. 

Many people wanted G-6, but we got that G-4 joke and La-5 got engine with unlimited boost. Once they make G-6 with proper modifications (at least with Erla Haube) , I will buy BoK.

Edited by Ropalcz

Serial production of La-5 FN also started in autumn 1943 (because of slow engine production), so that would be equal.

3 (three) fighter regiments, equipped with La-5FN were in action already in July 1943. 

Once they make G-6 with proper modifications (at least with Erla Haube) , I will buy BoK.

Gallandpanzer - from autumn 1943. 

Erlahaube - from winter 43/44.

I understand that wish for a G6, but if I had to decide I would much rather take an IAR 80/81 :)

Edited by 216th_Jordan
  • Upvote 4

There is a more then a dozen of aircraft, wich are extremly need for BoM/BoS, and IMHO it woild be better to have Ju87B-2 for BoM and Bf110F-2 for BoS, then that flying coffin G-6.

Those FNs were only at Kursk and in limited numbers. The real mass production (in thousands) started in autumn, when Ash-82FN began to be produced in needed numbers.

However, I'm becoming more and more convinced that if they make collector planes for BoK, it won't be G6 or FN :-D

Edited by Ropalcz

With any luck it will be a flying boat.

Adding floats on Ju-52 would actually be awesome.

• Upvote 1

Before the G-6 and IAR 80/81 comes the Hawker Hurricane to rock you all like a Hurricane................... :P :lol:

Like where this is going.

Indeed.

ShQYuS.jpg

Though I would not turn down an MBR-2.

Both flyable of course.

• Upvote 2

And the FW189 for the german side, or if you want something swimming the He115, would be just great.

And the FW189 for the german side, or if you want something swimming the He115, would be just great.

Instead of the Fw189 or the HE115 i would rather have a Donier 217 

I agree totally, an FW189 and a Po2 for the Russians would be excellent.

They could be used to 'spot' targets, which could then appear on the map.

Much better for game play dynamic, and both available in this time frame.

The game is sorely lacking in the reconnaissance department!!

A G6 is just not needed at this present time. In fact a Yak 7B would make a lot more sense.

In my opinion every plane without the proper environment isn't so much appealing.

Think of DCS.

Agreed.

1CGS has done an outstanding job of matching aircraft to the theater. There are a couple of exceptions but by and large they have done a great job of it.

The Bf109G-6 would be a fine addition. I don't have to have it but I know the Bf109 guys would love to see it. There's others that it'd be great to see as well but who knows what there may be time for.

I really hope that we can have the La5f as below picture, but not just the one in the game which only modify the engine.

post-24612-0-07848800-1500274368_thumb.jpg

I really hope that we can have the La5f as below picture, but not just the one in the game which only modify the engine.

+1

I am not versed in operational time frames and locations so I would  ask. In the foresight that for the health of the game  the developers need to attract US plane fans... when were the first P47 leased to Soviet Union? Any US plane leased to SU would  serve as good cash  sources for  777.

In my opinion every plane without the proper environment isn't so much appealing.
Think of DCS.

In a perfect world yes, but  this is a niche genre and if a specific plane can help the developers survive, than its worth. 1 or 2 planes outside their scenario is better than  no scenario  at all in future :P

This IS NOT aimed at anyone posting in this thread, but how many times have we seen people saying they are "waiting" on the next sale before they'll make a purchase? I'm not rolling in dough either but if we want to support this sim and the genre itself then we need to pay the price, no pun intended. Several people, HerrMurf included, have bought several copies and generously given many of them away. Obviously, the more revenue generated by this series the better the long term outlook for all the extras we want. While it isn't for everyone, having an extra copy or two sitting in storage can help insure that end.

I live in a 3rd world country, where buying any game not trough  steam is a suicide due to price. Even so I bought the games (directly from 777) all 3.... even   while not having money for a new hotas until last week! (yes I am a founder that  firstly played last week since my new X52 pro costed me basically 1 months paycheck of an engineer here).

Unfortunately  a single copy of  the game cost as much as  almost 1 months of rent, so while I wish I could.. i cannot afford to make extra copies :/

Edited by VeryOldMan