KG_S_MrFies

BF-109 G6 as Collector Plane ?

Dear Devs,

Is it possible that you will add the G6 as a Collector Pane ? that would be great.

You are not the first. Jason said that they might consider it if there is time between Kuban and the next installment. Just like with the La-5F.

Grt M

Edited by I./ZG1_Martijnvdm

Bf110F-2. Ju87B-2. Hs123. IAR80/81. MC200. I-153, Yak-1series20. LaGG-3series4. P-40B/C. DB-3F/Il-4. And in the laaaaaaaast chapter - Bf109G-6/La-5F :)

Also, this G-6 flood is almost reashed "Fw190 bar discussion" and :Fw190 FM discussion".

May be, enough?

Edited by I./ZG1_Panzerbar

Panzerbar,

wonderful list, i would add

I-153, Su-2, SB-2, Hurricane, Yak 9, FW 189 :biggrin:

They should at least consider the unrated G2 just like they did for the La-5 ...

And a rated F-4 for BOM.. :) The list of options is endless, and that ofcourse doesn't help.

Grt M

• Upvote 1

I would bet if people  buy the other planes in quantity enough they will eventually make more planes on premium  mode. Its simple  logic, they need money.. people want to give money  per planes. If the perspective is lucractive that will happen. For that to happen people must buy   the current planes to prove them that there will be a market.

they also need time and ressources to make more collector planes

• Upvote 1

they also need time and ressources to make more collector planes

This, but also the search function because this has been discussed more than a dozen times already.

-snip-

they will eventually make more planes on premium  mode.

-snip-

There are no "premium" planes available for Golden IL-2 Bucks.

That being said, I think we all hope for more collector's planes in the future.

This, but also the SEARCH FUNCTION because this has been discussed more than a dozen times already.

This

You are not the first. Jason said that they might consider it if there is time between Kuban and the next installment. Just like with the La-5F.

Grt M

To the OP: The official answer is, "yes," if they have time and resources to build them between Kuban and Midway. Otherwise the answer is a simple, "no." They will not take time or resources away from their stated timeline to make premium AC. The window of opportunity is very narrow so don't pin your hopes on them.

Although I agree a simple search of the forums would be a better start, the repetitive questions are indicative of a new wave of pilots. Go a little easy on them as this is a good thing in the overall scheme of things.

To Marti: I think the La-5 collector would be the FN if they have time to build them.

Edit: (generally) indicative of a new wave of pilots. Although, checking his profile, Mr Fies has been around a while he doesn't post much.

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf

This, but also the search function because this has been discussed more than a dozen times already.

There are no "premium" planes available for Golden IL-2 Bucks.

That being said, I think we all hope for more collector's planes in the future.

Collector, premium  its  EXACTLY the same thing. Only  if you pay specifically for them you have them.

The name premium might   have a preconception attached to it but it is in fact a better representative. No one collects digital data since  digital data can be infinitely copied.

Collector, premium  its  EXACTLY the same thing. Only  if you pay specifically for them you have them.

The name premium might   have a preconception attached to it but it is in fact a better representative. No one collects digital data since  digital data can be infinitely copied.

I'd argue exactly the opposite. Premium has the connotation of being better and to many gamer types a certain air of PTW. This is where Ghost was going with the, "golden bucks," quip.

Collector AC is more accurate as they are thing you buy to add to your collection and does not imply they are Uber as the above term will to the uninitiated.

The official term is "Collector" for a reason.

So while they are the exact same thing...................they aren't.

• Upvote 2

I'll buy everything, but if it's a choice between yet another 109 or getting a jump on the Zero - I choose the latter.

• Upvote 4

I'd argue exactly the opposite. Premium has the connotation of being better and to many gamer types a certain air of PTW. This is where Ghost was going with the, "golden bucks," quip.

Collector AC is more accurate as they are thing you buy to add to your collection and does not imply they are Uber as the above term will to the uninitiated.

The official term is "Collector" for a reason.

So while they are the exact same thing...................they aren't.

That is why I said "preconception" attached, but on the "sense of the words"  it fits nicely. In fact most of those other games the  planes bought by money are more collecting material  in fact sicne   2/3 of them are so horrible that one would only  buy them  so it could "catch them all".

I'll buy everything, but if it's a choice between yet another 109 or getting a jump on the Zero - I choose the latter.

That wil always be a matter of taste  always :) I have zero wish  to fly japanese planes, but  woudl buy an expansion (unlikely the extra planes) to support the genre.

-snip-

but it is in fact a better representative

-snip-

It's really not, though. There is nothing "premium" about the collector's aircraft - they are merely additional aircraft to collect.

It's really not, though. There is nothing "premium" about the collector's aircraft - they are merely additional aircraft to collect.

I cannto see the world collect even remotely  fit for anything digital.

You   can use them  if you  have bought them. In fact I did not even bought mine as a collector plane .. I bought something  that  its called PREMIUM EDITION, of the game. hint hint..   what is the difference of the  premium editions btw? oo yes.. the planes.

That wil always be a matter of taste always :) I have zero wish to fly japanese planes, but woudl buy an expansion (unlikely the extra planes) to support the genre.

On the other hand I do see the value of the G6 (not to mention increased appeal to a certain player segment and possibly more customers ) and will purchase of course. I'd just rather see a Storch and Po-2 if the extra time was taken for 2 more AC.

I'm guessing that given the task ahead, there's a good chance that the schedule won't allow this.

On the other hand I do see the value of the G6 (not to mention increased appeal to a certain player segment and possibly more customers ) and will purchase of course. I'd just rather see a Storch and Po-2 if the extra time was taken for 2 more AC.

I'm guessing that given the task ahead, there's a good chance that the schedule won't allow this.

That is why I bought BOM even  though that whole period since its release until yesterday I did not have  a computer  at home to play it..  to support the  genre. If we want to have  the genre prosper and see the scenarios we want, we need to support financially the game.

The niche type of the flight sim genre  can be a bad thing because the population is low, but there is a good side. The population is mostly adults with  stable income and know what they like. This public is much more likely to buy an expansion on a scenario that they do not  love  ..  There is no need to appeal to  12 year old short attention spam :P

I cannto see the world collect even remotely  fit for anything digital.

You   can use them  if you  have bought them. In fact I did not even bought mine as a collector plane .. I bought something  that  its called PREMIUM EDITION, of the game. hint hint..   what is the difference of the  premium editions btw? oo yes.. the planes.

You are correct in asserting that Premium Edition includes two Collector Planes. This is directly from 777/1CGS' marketing materials.

I also have not even the slightest notion of what point you're trying to make with "not fit for anything digital" or "no one collects digital data since digital data can be infinitely copied." That makes absolutely no sense, whatsoever and sounds like a generation-divide-semantics-argument of some kind. Electronic metadata is collected by governments, institutions, service providers, organizations, etc, etc. Data is (in some cases) digitized and collected by organizations such as NASA, the Library of Congress, the National Security Administration, your Public Library, etc, etc. 

This IS NOT aimed at anyone posting in this thread, but how many times have we seen people saying they are "waiting" on the next sale before they'll make a purchase? I'm not rolling in dough either but if we want to support this sim and the genre itself then we need to pay the price, no pun intended. Several people, HerrMurf included, have bought several copies and generously given many of them away. Obviously, the more revenue generated by this series the better the long term outlook for all the extras we want. While it isn't for everyone, having an extra copy or two sitting in storage can help insure that end.

• Upvote 6

Bf-109 G6 with MG131 and MK108? Yes, please!

I wonder what the introduction dates were for the MK108 & Erla Haub on the G-6, especially on the Eastern Front.

Edited by Custard

I wonder what the introduction dates were for the MK108 & Erla Haub on the G-6, especially on the Eastern Front.

I went looking but couldn't find anything...

As I understand it... much later on the Eastern front than the Western front.

The only problem I see with a Bf-109G6 collector plane is, that there won't be a German fighter left for the plane set of a possible Kursk module, which would be the next logical step for another eastern front expansion. That's certainly something the developers also have to keep in my mind.

That's unlikely to happen anyway - as far as a full release goes that is.

We're done with the eastern front after Kuban for a long while.

3rd party map - who knows.

I am all for more collector planes and I am also sure that time allowing the devs will do them or at least consider as they have said. I am in for penny and in for a pound.  :biggrin:

I was just sitting and thinking the other day. We have the 109f4, spitfire mk v and yak 1 (69). Next year (?) we will be getting the zero and also the Wildcat. If we take a let says an early 1942 scenario this sim has worked beautifully as it has done/will do all the best fighters in the world at that time.

I just think the synergy and planning is great and planning I think will influence further collector planes and these guys can plan.

What I have had to study and come to think about is how to monetarize products online better, which could apply to "niche" genres such as this as well. To create a subpage, where people can pledge for goals such as a G6, IL-4, Me 206, or other new planes, might yield a lot more. It's a direct way to check demand, and worked hilariously well not just for projects like SC. Just saying.

Edited by 1CAG_Fenris_Wolf

Fieseler Storch!!!

as long as the most produced fighter aircraft of the Luftwaffe is not in the game the Storch is a waste fo money and ressources

Ok, I hear you want a G-6...

But we all know what we really need. Yes, it's true. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.

This is so much better than the G-6, it's ridiculous.

It's true. Believe me.

Tremendous.

Whowever says different should not be listended to. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Bring it on. Fw44 Stieglitz!

KO4015%20(6689)%20Fw.44f%20Stieglitz%20N

Fw44_Stieglitz_1_640.jpg?c=6370

Edited by 6./ZG26_5tuka
  • Upvote 1

Bf-109G-6 will be great... and G-6AS, G-14, G-10, K-4...

...what we really need for MP and SP campaigns are recon planes, for example Storch or Fw-189. Personally i want Fw-189  ;) Sorry for OT. :)

Edited by I./JG1_Baron

as long as the most produced fighter aircraft of the Luftwaffe is not in the game the Storch is a waste fo money and ressources

That's just, like, your opinion, man.

Adding the Storch would provide so much more depth to the game in terms of mission types (transport, communication, observation/recce, arty spotting) as well as add some extra ambience to the setting. As a numerous airframe that served on all fronts it wouldn't be out-of-place either, and in the hands of a capable mission designer could add vastly more than a variation of an aircraft we already have several of and doesn't fit most of the scenarios we have anyway.

Plus I'd love the Spitfire mkIX as it was the most numerous variant but as it doesn't fit the timeframe of what we've got right now I'll manage.

As a member of ZerstorerStaffel (and I suggest a Zerstorerflieger), You have the most produced Zerstorer aircraft of Luftwaffe already :)

What I have had to study and come to think about is how to monetarize products online better, which could apply to "niche" genres such as this as well. To create a subpage, where people can pledge for goals such as a G6, IL-4, Me 206, or other new planes, might yield a lot more. It's a direct way to check demand, and worked hilariously well not just for projects like SC. Just saying.

Donations and investment in the future of the series has been suggested and even offered before several times. While I'm sure the idea is appreciated by the D-team, Jason has nixed the idea at least for now. All we can do is to continue to buy what is offered. If we can chip in with extra copies, that'll be the same as investing cash, sorta.

Aye, sorta. Without being able to steer the offer by pledging for option a or b.

Interesting though. See no reason though, as to why not to do that.

BoX has more variants of the Bf 109 than it does variants of the game's namesake: the IL-2 itself.  We already have...

• Bf-109 E-7,
  • Bf-109 F-2,
  • Bf-109 F-4,
  • Bf-109 G-2,
  • Bf-109 G-4,

... and now some want the Bf 109 G-6.

Does the G-6 really add some new game play? Some new scenarios?

Or is it just a slightly better version of the G-4?

And, as a collector plane, would this "best-109-variant-to-date" then be considered a pay-to-win option, with all the problems that entails?

And once we get the G-6, would there then be a clamoring for the G-10, and then the G-15, followed by the H-1, and so on until the K-4?

The only reason I see so far for a new 109, is that it would be easier* for the developers to make it (much of the resources are already there). But in this case an E-4, E-9, F-1, T-2 or similar would suffice, without necessarily upping the "performance-envelope-arms-race" of the top-end planes.

* easier, but still non-trivial, I suspect