Jason_Williams

Nvidia Graphics Issues Post Here

installed 337.88 (ami7b5's link)...no crashes one day (some problems with lighted areas -runway,hangar,yak cockpit) ....today constant crashes 5-10mins in.

sheesh.

I've come back to this game after some years only to find it crashes within 20 minutes usually (the DX3 thing everyone's posting screenies of). After googling I see it's being going on for months and found a link to here where I then see absolutely nothing has been or is being done to fix it. Not a single word from the game's team. Nothing.

I was planning on buying all the bits to get it up to date. That's not going to happen now, it's not playable.

Genuine question...has the game been dumped?

The problem is: both parties (nVidia & 1C) know about this problem and other games like the Battlefield series suffered similar issues. But for some reason there is no real effort to patch this bug in IL2. Maybe because of our older graphic cards or the smaller community, but looking at the latest prices for gpus I will not upgrade in the next months (like others too).

All we know is that these problems started with the implementation of dx11 and the fact that these errors were fixed years ago in other games telling me just one thing: evading the responsibility.

Edited by =JTAF=sacksahne

installed 337.88 (ami7b5's link)...no crashes one day (some problems with lighted areas -runway,hangar,yak cockpit) ....today constant crashes 5-10mins in.

sheesh.

Are you sure your Windows hasn't updated your driver?

I am flying for hours daily while testing and don't have any crashes...

I was having crashes in the launcher and noticed a post at the Nvidia forums about KB4058258 which was not available yesterday. Installed it via windows update and my launcher crashes are resolved at this point. Still testing.

Are you sure your Windows hasn't updated your driver?

I am flying for hours daily while testing and don't have any crashes...

waited to post for a couple more days of experiments/checking...that was it ami, windows snuck up and updated the driver when I wasn't looking twice.

waited to post for a couple more days of experiments/checking...that was it ami, windows snuck up and updated the driver when I wasn't looking twice.

I solved this by installing GeForce Experience, which takes over and doesn't let Windows to auto-update driver, it just informs you about new driver availability, which I ignore. 

"DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED"  <------------ This error occurs for me whenever I enable 3d with nvidia surround.  specs are 2700k stock, gtx1070, 32 gigs of ddr.  With 3d vision off no issues at all, same with VR. - just making the bug report.  I know you are aware this happened in the past - it's how I found this thread.  I can still play the sim, just not under 3d vision since ages ago - Sorry if this is a repeat, I just thought the comment belonged in this thread.  Apologies if it has - I didn't read the whole thread before posting.

I updated to the 390.77 driver and since then, the game will automatically exit past the splash screen. Can anyone confirm it's still an issue with the 390.XX drivers?

"DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED"  <------------ This error occurs for me whenever I enable 3d with nvidia surround.  specs are 2700k stock, gtx1070, 32 gigs of ddr.  With 3d vision off no issues at all, same with VR. - just making the bug report.  I know you are aware this happened in the past - it's how I found this thread.  I can still play the sim, just not under 3d vision since ages ago - Sorry if this is a repeat, I just thought the comment belonged in this thread.  Apologies if it has - I didn't read the whole thread before posting.

That error means that your GPU has crashed.  You(the game) are asking too much of it.  Lowering certain settings both in game and in Nvidia control panel will make a big difference,  also check your GPU temps while playing,  that can play a role.  Also you can experiment with different GPU drivers to find the most stable for you.  I use a 1050ti and have settled on 388.13.  I've also heard that Geforce experience can cause performance issues within games without any indication why.  Lots of gamers choose not to use it.

That error means that your GPU has crashed.  You(the game) are asking too much of it.  Lowering certain settings both in game and in Nvidia control panel will make a big difference,  also check your GPU temps while playing,  that can play a role.  Also you can experiment with different GPU drivers to find the most stable for you.  I use a 1050ti and have settled on 388.13.  I've also heard that Geforce experience can cause performance issues within games without any indication why.  Lots of gamers choose not to use it.

Funny you should mention that - turns out I was leaving AA on in game at 4x.  That's a big "no no" when running nvidia surround in 3d and always has been.  User error on my part.  However, it still doesn't run well in this mode - where it once ran absolutely beautifully.  I've done a full remove/reinstall of my drivers (I do a fresh install every time there is an update) and I even completely reinstalled Il2 after removing all traces of it, to no effect sadly.  Still trying to find a solution but at least the crash has been fixed.  Ty Wedgewood.

390.65 - nope

388.71 - nope

The game just refuses to launch past the splash screen.

E: A few reboots later, 388.71 seems to work. I don't even...

Edited by PainGod85

I have the same issue as the rest of you.

I have moved to the 368.81 to make the game work but still crashes to desktop. two times out of five, very frustrating i am thinking of buying a ATI card to fix the issue but is this game worth it,

390.65 - nope

388.71 - nope

The game just refuses to launch past the splash screen.

E: A few reboots later, 388.71 seems to work. I don't even...

Mine works ok with 390.65. Don’t know what the issue is here??

Never had any luck with 390.77.

Edited by Hopper64

issues is it crashes to desktop. And IL 2 tech support say its a driver problem. so it's been hand balled!

what card are you running hopper 64

Yea. I know that it crashes to the desktop. That what mine does with the 390.77 driver. I wonder why or what part of the driver causes the problem though. I’m running a titan Xp currently.

I am running the same card. i changed to the 390.77 drivers but still crashes. I like this game so that makes it suck more.

I'll say it again guys... it seems no one is going to fix this.

The card makers and the dev's know about it, it has been reported more than once to both parties.

I gave up playing the game ages ago until someone lent me their GTX 980. (which I will have to give back)

When that happens I guess I'll have to stop playing again :(

I'll say it again guys... it seems no one is going to fix this.

The card makers and the dev's know about it, it has been reported more than once to both parties.

I gave up playing the game ages ago until someone lent me their GTX 980. (which I will have to give back)

When that happens I guess I'll have to stop playing again :(

So you have no issues using the GTX 980

~S

I spent few hours trying different fixes / things. I have even reinstalled game and deleted game registry. 

After I have changed two things in Nvidia Control panel (global and game profile) I can play now without any crashes.....

i have rollbacked  Nvidia Drivers to version 388.59

then i have changed following settings in Nvidia Control panel (global setting and game profile);

Antialiasing - Mode  Enhance the application setting

Power menagnent mode Perfer maximum performance

Maybe this settings will help somebody !

Bobby

So my 780 died.
Waiting for 1060 6GB.
Will be a long wait 'thanks' to damned miners.

• Upvote 1

So my 780 died.

Waiting for 1060 6GB.

Will be a long wait 'thanks' to damned miners.

I feel your pain man. Finally broke down and upgraded. Snagged an EVGA 1050 for a decent price. Not what I wanted but it was what I could afford. As I posted in another thread, the next day the price of that card nearly tripled. Unbelievable. Still, it has been great playing without the game crashing. It's a shame as the 750 I have still does a great job even in IL-2. Unfortunate nVidia hasn't done anything to help gamers but they must have their hands full preparing the next generation of cards and turning out as many current cards as possible to meet demand. I hope this cryptomining thing dies a sudden death.

Sadly after I've bought BoS-BoM-BoK and several premiums, and upgraded my pc and rudder-stick-throttle, i have the same "D3D Error:DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED"

My config is this:

Geforce Titan (2013 model)

Ryzen 5 1600

16 Ballistix Ram 2440

250gb SSD

Windows 10 64bit Professional

Samsung full hd led monitor 1920x1080

Game run perfectly with target 60fps without lag or drop, then random freeze while i can still hear engine sound (and i think i can control plane too,since if i reduce throttle i can clearly hear it).

I cant downgrade my drivers too much, because i have other programs and games installed requiring latest drivers (and running without a ingle problem).

Really hope someone can help me come back to the sky of wings of liberty with my buddies soon

Update:opened a ticket with support, they requested me to send various log. They answered today: simply they deny responsabilites,adfirming that its only a nvidia problem between their gpus and their drivers. Only advice they told me is to try an older driver before 368, but i dont really know which i should try first. Tonight i will try 365.19 and see what happens

It's simply hit and miss with older drivers... when this problem first occurred I found that the suggested older driver did work for a while.

But it was only temporary and it's been finding a driver that works was getting increasingly difficult as time went on.

This issue has been reported and known by the dev's for months... nvidia also know about it and are doing jack shit about it.

It's clear nothing is going to be done, so we are on our own with this, and it's either keep messing about with constant driver changing, or simply buying a new graphics card... the latter is out of the question for me as I can't afford it. All my spare cash has been saved up to buy a new set of rudder pedals as my old ones are kaput.

Every single flight sim I own can be run on my 780, but not this one, and I am effectively stumped :(

Hi,

I have huge FPS drops, when there is a combination of bad weather (two most cloudy levels) and FLAK activity. On the local Czech forum there was some other pilot with the same graphic card and same problem. Strange is, that at the moment of drops the game is still saying, that it goes on normal FPS (e.g. 50+), but the reality is about 3 - 5 FPS. When the flak stops, or when there is more friendly weather, then is everything absolutely OK. 

I've tested it on two systems - i5-3570K@4,2GHz, 16 GB DDR3 and i7-8700K@4,8GHz, 16 GB DDR4. In both systems was the same card, MSI GTX 970 Gaming. Both in 1440p. Same result.

Do you have any ideas please? I've tried more drivers than I can remember :-/

Thanks,

Jan

Just installed Nvidia driver 391.01 that just came out today. The crashes in the launcher seem to be resolved for me. Still testing.

no crash for the moment with last driver 391.01 and the new update of the game , and you ?

I speak too quikly , the game crash again when I am on the ground , this problem  wild never be resolved .

Edited by sport02

Hi all! I've found, that the latest working driver for GK110's (Titan and 780) is 359.06. No D3D_ERRORs, but there are some stutters, which is normal for this game, as I can see, reading the forum.