Jason_Williams

Nvidia Graphics Issues Post Here

I think they have fixed it, at least yesterday I was able to do a quick test in QMB and get around 60FPS with an old driver on my GTX 780. 

well, the key question is if you can actually play for longer in a graphics-loading environment like MP? I am pretty sure you may experience the same troubles like we all...

Well, I've installed the new patch and I have managed to fly for 1 hour aprox, quick mission, with Nvidia 353.62 drivers installed. No game crashes at all and good fps. at least it seems that I am able to fly. I will test it online in a more demanding environment and will post my results, but last week I tried to fly this very same mission and game crashed after several minutes, so I call this a success. I don't want to get the champagne out of the refrigerator prematurely, but seems we have a temporary solution at hand.

Thanks to the developers for the update. I hope we have a permanent solution soon so we are able to fly with latest drivers.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

I don't want to get the champagne out of the refrigerator prematurely...

The word prematurely does not apply to champagne.  :)

Hi everyone,

Indeed, the small patch did fix the GTX780 with old drivers.

I've managed to play for about 2 hours SP & MP without a crash.

I'm using the 353.62 drivers and the latest ones still causes some direct x issues.

See you in air!

(or most likely crashed at airfield because I can't seems to do a proper one :x)

My game works fine on a 750 1GB SC

With a pentium G3258.

Latest drivers.

But i run my game on balanced. (until i get a new 4790k and 1080ti :) )

Guys  i can confirm 780 issue bufferman is no more for my group of friends. All who have a 780 ti who play with me flew for well over 2 hours last night with no issues. Salute devs thank u and well done. Happy flying all.

Edited by =FEW=Beaks

Not had any crashes with the newest drivers, can more people confirm this is the case?

After the update so far i have not had any crashes with about 3 hours of flying in 2 sessions with the latest drivers.

The old drivers for the 780ti were working fine until 2.011. Then, a slowdown was introduced and frame rates which had been 60+ were less than 20 on same settings.

I upgraded the drivers to most recent and frames went back to 60+ without change in settings. However, the application began to crash again.

The crash occurs most often when approaching an enemy aircraft, and the detail begins to increase on the model.

• Upvote 1

sadly after another 2 hours i had my first crash, i was about 100 meters away from a IL2 when the screen froze, sound kept going and i could hear my plane crash. shortly after i got the program stopped working error.

i flew for another hour and no issue's after that.

Not had any crashes with the newest drivers, can more people confirm this is the case?

Negative. I have still crashes DX-Bufferman bug with the latest driver after 2nd hotfix patch. You just need to play long enough... the issue is still there.

Everything is ok for me now. From 18 fps to 60 fps in the menu.

Windows 7 64-bit SP1

Intel core I5-4690k CPU 3.50 GHz ,16 GB RAM DDR3, NVIDIA ASUS GTX 960 Turbo

:biggrin:

GTX 780 user reporting in:

After the latest ( July 24? ) "fix" patch, and using the 350.12 drivers, flew two sessions. One for not quite 2 hours, the other slightly over 3 hours long in QMB and scripted campaigns. No issues noted.

Thanks for the fix. :clapping:

I have the latest 384.76 drivers and so far no problems.

Have you flown any long missions, say up to an hour?  My friend with a 780 still has crashes after a few minutes.

the screen freezes only sporadically with an interval anywhere between 1 and 15 min, and each freeze is usually 0.5 to 1 second in duration.

Same problem for me. Random freeze up that lasts around a second. The screen freezes, and the audio repeats itself very quickly, and then it goes back to normal. Other than that it runs smooth with good fps. Happens regardless of single player or multiplayer.

GTX 750

Win10 64bit

i7 860 @ 2.8ghz

8gb RAM

SSD Drive

Setting:  High

Screen resolution: 1920x1080

Full screen: ON

Enable VR HMD: OFF

Multi GPU Support: OFF

VSync: ON (Have to due to screen tearing, using low refresh flatscreen)

SSAO: OFF

HDR: OFF

Sharpen: OFF

Mirrors: Simple

Distant landscape detail: Normal

Grass quality: Normal

Landscape filter: Off

Target FPS: 60

Dynamic resolution factor: 0.9

Antialiasing: 4

Gamma correction: 1

Edited by Cheebs

I have tried older drivers, latest driver, changing settings, but the problem persists. The freeze up isnt a huge deal when your just enroute to a target, but when it happens during take off/landing or engaged with an enemy things can go bad quickly. Not really playable for me at the moment. :(

I’m a 780 user running the latest driver v384.94 (see further HW configuration in my signature). Mostly but not always I have unrecoverable screen freezes after 10-15 min in the BOM campaign with following error message.

D3D ERROR

DXBufferMan11::vb(..)

The old driver v368.8 did work with game update 2.010 but does not with 2.011. To run older drivers is not an option for me since other applications und games do not work on my PC. Other simulations (also DX11 based ones) work perfectly with the newest nVIDIA drivers, I very much hope that this bug can be corrected in the next update 2.012.

Edited by Grancesc

I have tried older drivers, latest driver, changing settings, but the problem persists. The freeze up isnt a huge deal when your just enroute to a target, but when it happens during take off/landing or engaged with an enemy things can go bad quickly. Not really playable for me at the moment. :(

Or flying in tight formation...

But same here, and we are two 1080 owners having this problem and no solution found so far, despite the lot of things we tried. 

I've submited a ticket to the support yesterday, I'll let you know if they have a fix for it. 

Hello all and Salute!
780ti user here.

Driver 368.81 and superior: CTD after a few minutes with "D3D ERROR - DXBufferMan11"

Driver 350.12: Massive lags after spawning, lasting for about 45 seconds to 1 minute, then normal but it eventually crashes.

But on 353.62 it`s working great! No crashes whatsoever, managed to actually fly a full MP session on WoL.

So, whatever NVIDIA did right on 353.62, please, analyse and port it to newer versions (easier said than done, I know, but there`s something good on this version)
We, 780 guys, have suffered enough  :lol:

Windows 10 Pro 64
i7 4790k @ 4.5ghz
16gb Ram
EVGA GTX780ti

That driver version works great for me too.

I just tried driver 353.62 as well, and had no hiccups or freezing for the entire hour I played. Nice and smooth.

Hopefully this gets figured out so we can play on more recent drivers, 353.62 is from 2015.

Anyone else notice that this ONLY occurs when playing with planes?  I played some Last Man Standing missions with the Panzer III, lasted long period of time with no hiccups, issues, or crashes.

Loaded up quick mission -> Crash within a few minutes

Loaded up scenario -> Crash within a few minutes

Great answer, I suppose we didnt read the game minimum system requirements, where it can be clearly seen that if you have one Nvidia 780, 960, Titan or other nvidia graphics cards involved in this issue, you should not buy the game, because that cards are obsolete. 

By the way, driver 353.62 works fine for me.

Cheers

your 780's are out dated. 

So the GTX780 which is capable of running this: 

22662870807_2d5c4b4ec8_o.png

All day long without even breaking a sweat, yet it is somehow too outdated to run this:

post-481-0-17231900-1446056412.jpg

For more than 20 minutes without crashing? Interesting logic...

Mastiff you are being zero help in this thread take it some place else. You always pop in with your useless banter about outdated stuff that isn't outdated! FYI Windows 7 and even Vista are still getting security updates and why is the COMPITA A+ 901 and 902 exams still covering Vista to Windows 8.1 and not Win 10? The 780 is not out dated, it isn't even 10 years old yet, we still use USB 2.0 and I know most servers I work on tend to keep hardware builds for a 10 year run. So I promise you the 780 is fine, the Devs just need to fix what they broke.

%C3%AArror.gif

error.gif

780 and windows 7 here, on Steam.

I've got this exact same problem... can't play at al...

Just a question, could it be the resolution scaling that happens when the frame-rate is getting too low?

How can it be deactivated?

i7 7700k 

32gb ram

1080ti

win10 64 bit

game wont start at all i see the il-2 icon at the bottom, game just stays minimized no sound no video have tried different resolution same problem every time i hit play .. someone please help me, or advice how i can get this sorted out, where can i send a crash file so someone can have a look and see what is causing the game not to launch, Thank you 

Edited by 4./JG52_Konni

Hi folks, I'm getting really desperate. The game worked wonderful until 2.009 update was released (I haven't been able to play IL-2 since April). After that, it started to freeze on my computer completely as soon as I press the green START button to fly, no matter what game mode it is. I re-installed the OS, updated all system drivers, nothing works, the game still freezes. There is no specific system error information - the OS just vaguely says "IL-2 Sturmovik has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows  will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."  Funny enough, but this is the only game on my rig that won't go. Please help.

i5 2600K

16GB RAM

GTX 980

Win7

only when flying to Crimea:

DXRender11 endFrame ()

DXGI_ERROR_Device_REMOVE

tvice

NVidiia 

I have seen this around, so other pilots got this problem. I'm i7-4770k, geforce 780ti, win 7, and  - just to start with something smart - I'm about to download the latest drivers, since I haven't took care of my rig in ages.

Immagine.jpg

I have seen this around, so other pilots got this problem. I'm i7-4770k, geforce 780ti, win 7, and  - just to start with something smart - I'm about to download the latest drivers, since I haven't took care of my rig in ages.

Immagine.jpg

Happend to me once

quad core 3.5

980ti

32gbram

win7 prof 64

driver NV 385.41

Never had this problem before. It appeared with new patch 2.012

Edited by Yankee_One

Hello guys,

i installed today the new update and flew my first sorties. I hadnt an issue on the BOS Map. But on the new Kuban map the game shows me big pixels and a very low detailed illustration. I made screenshots of this situation but it isnt shows the exact reality. A video would be better. I havent the issue everytime. With zooming in it the illustation can be better but i have it very often. I hope the screens shows you a little bit.

I have installed the latest nvidia driver after that but it isnt better. Iam not sure if the driver is fault because i havent the issue in the old maps! Only at Kuban.

Anyone can help?

Regards,

Ehrler

post-48361-0-75296500-1504129922_thumb.jpg

post-48361-0-98033200-1504129931_thumb.jpg

post-48361-0-18003800-1504129939_thumb.jpg

Ok, i was wrong. I had set the new shadows to the highest level before i joined the the online server with the Kuban map. I was wondering beacause i had now the issue offline too... 

All fine with the second highest settings. But why i cant use the new shadows? 

I fly with 2560 x 1080 and a GTX 980.

post-48361-0-76200200-1504135032_thumb.jpg

post-48361-0-27463200-1504135040_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ehrler

Hi folks, I'm getting really desperate. The game worked wonderful until 2.009 update was released (I haven't been able to play IL-2 since April). After that, it started to freeze on my computer completely as soon as I press the green START button to fly, no matter what game mode it is. I re-installed the OS, updated all system drivers, nothing works, the game still freezes. There is no specific system error information - the OS just vaguely says "IL-2 Sturmovik has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows  will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."  Funny enough, but this is the only game on my rig that won't go. Please help.

i5 2600K

16GB RAM

GTX 980

Win7

You need to remove the Nvidia drivers and then reinstall drivers version 353.62, this is the version that works for me.

i had the same issue "Il-2 Sturmovik had stop working blablabla...", had to turn shadows on, at least at minimum settings, then it worked for me again...