Jason_Williams

Nvidia Graphics Issues Post Here

Please post your specs (Vid card, drivers used, CPU etc.) and what you are experiencing in this thread so we can search for a common link. Rude comments won't be tolerated.

Jason

Hi Jason, thanks for opening this thread.

So I'm experiencing some framerate drops too. 

My rig :

Motherboard : MSI Z270 A 

CPU : Intel i7 7700K

RAM : 16Gb DDR4

HD : Seagate firecuda SSHD

Graphic : GTX 1080 8Gb

The computer is brand new and I finished putting everything together 4 days ago. Needless to say all drivers are up to date and IL2 was the first thing I installed on a fresh Windows.

Except for the drop of framerate (screen freeze I should say at this point), I'm runing the game at a constant 60fps in 4K in ultra.

This happens both online and offline, the screen freezes only sporadically with an interval anywhere between 1 and 15 min, and each freeze is usually 0.5 to 1 second in duration.

It's not related to the number of objects on screen or in the 10km radius because it also happened a couple times when I was flying in the middle of nowhere on random expert.

Another thing I noticed is that I can see the framerate drop using the steam fps counter, but the fps counter we have ingame doesn't notice anything at all.

My current graphic options :

Full screen 3840x2130

SSAO

Sharpen

Mirrors medium

Distant landscape x4

Grass quality Ultra

Landscape Filter Sharp

Target FPS Off

AA off

In the Nvidia panel, I'm using this configuration :

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/29632-guide-nvidia-control-panel-profile-gtx780-1080ti/?hl=%2Bnvidia+%2Bcontrol&do=findComment&comment=482440

Only difference is the Vsync set to "active" (normal) instead of "fast", it's a hair smoother like that. 

What I've tried so far with no results :

Reducing Distant landscape to x3 

Running the game in windowed mode

Trying various combinations of Vsync (nvidia and built in) and framerate limiter.

I will continue on tomorrow to crank down graphical features to see if something may be incriminated on my system

One other thing is that I have an old house with an old fashion electricity installation, I've spent my evening upgrading the section where my computer is plugged in to a better standard, because I suspect some components are not found of it. My previous computer (laptop that one) didn't care at all. I will make a check flight with the same high graphical settings tomorrow to see if the freezes are still here, and if yes, continue digging in. And in any case, I will report my findings here. 

Thanks for taking care of us  :salute:

Gruber,

What you describe is not the same issue as others are reporting which is severe unplayable frames in the single digits immediately once in the cockpit. Yours is more of a texture loading issue or memory issue. I suggest turning your landscape detail to Normal and see if that helps. Flying with mirrors affects the loading of terrain textures. Also, some of your freezes may be related to MP server performance.

Jason

Here are my specs.

I am having the frame rate issue

Windows 7 Prof, SP 1; 64 Bit; LGA 2011

Intel i7-3930K CPU  @3.2 HGz

32 GB RAM  DDR3 - 1866

Resoluition setting – 2560 X 1440;  60 HZ 32 bit color

GeForce GTX 780; 3072MB Superclocked; updated to latest Nvidia driver  (verified other flight sims ok)O

Thanks

I was running on nVidia driver 382.05 381.65 and had no issues pre-2.011.  After the update and hotfix I "thought" I detected some hesitancy when looking around with TrackIR.  If it was there it was very slight.  What started happening upon every exit was that I receive a CTD.  After reading your post Jason I decided to try the latest driver, just in case.  This was problematic however.

I installed 384.76 and rebooted the computer.  When I started the game it took much longer for the first screen screen to load.  Once in, going between menu screens took longer.  Once I selected a plane and spawned in the screen hesitated after pressing "P" to unpause.  Once flying everything looked normal, including fps.  After about 30 seconds the screen locked but the sounds continued.  After about 5 seconds the screen unlocked and my location had changed so it was flying during the lock.  I continued the flight and after about another 30 seconds the 5 second lock repeated.  I continued and a third lock happened and I flew into the ground.

I closed everything and shut the computer off and then restarted it.  Did a retest with the same long load screens and the 5 second lock result.

I exited and reinstalled driver 382.05 (EDIT: now 381.65).  I did a test and the game acted as it did before including the CTD on exit.

System Info:

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
CPU - Intel i7 6700K 4.00GHz Quad Core @ 4.6GHz
RAM - 16GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (2 x 8GB) 3000MHz CAS 15 (15-15-15-35)
Graphics - nVidia EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5 - Driver 381.65 WHQL
Motherboard - ASUS Z170-A ATX
Power Supply - EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2, 80+ GOLD 650W, Fully Modular
SSD OS - 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal
SSD Slave - 1TB SanDisk X400 SATA 2.5" 7mm
Monitor - BenQ ISP LCD Monitor 32" BL3200PT - 2560 X 1440 native resolution, 16:9

TrackIR 3 with Vector License, software version 5.4.1.26786 Final (Build 9945)
Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800
Logitech G13 Programmable Gameboard with Gaming software v8.84.15
CH Pro Throttle
MFG Crosswind V2, firmware v5.05, Configurator v2.15
JoyToKey, v5.8.2
MS FFB2 Joystick

Teamspeak 3 -  v3.1.4.2, Qt v5.6.1

Anti-virus/Firewall - Webroot Secure Secure Anywhere Complete v9.0.17.24

nVidia - Manage 3D Settings:
Ambient Occlusion - Not Supported for this application
Anisotropic filtering - Application-controlled
Antialiasing - FXAA - Off
Antialiasing - Gamma correction - On
Antialiasing - Mode - Application-controlled
Antialiasing - Setting - Application-controlled
Antialiasing - Transparency - Off
CUDA - GPUs - All
Maximum pre-rendered frames - Use the 3D application setting
Multi-Frame Sampled AA (MFAA) - Off
Multi-display/mixed GPU acceleration - Single display performance mode
Power management mode - Prefer Maximum Performance
Shader Cache - On
Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample optimization - Off
Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias - Allow
Texture filtering - Quality - High Quality
Texture filtering - Trilinear optimization - Off
Threaded optimization - Auto
Triple buffering - Off
Vertical sync - Use the 3D application setting
Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames - 1

In-game settings:
Setting:  Ultra
Screen resolution: 2560 x 1440
Full screen: OFF
Enable VR HMD: OFF
Multi GPU Support: OFF
VSync: OFF
SSAO: ON
HDR: ON
Sharpen: OFF
Mirrors: Complex
Distant landscape detail: 4X
Grass quality: Ultra
Landscape filter: Blurred
Target FPS: OFF
Dynamic resolution factor: Full
Antialiasing: 4
Gamma correction: 1

Reshade v3.05.161 active  DX10+
Curves - Contrast = .10
Liftgammagain - RGB_Gain (1.000,1.000,1.050)
Deband - Iterations = 2
Adaptive Sharpening - Sharpening Strength = .750

Edited by 12.OIAE_Stick-95

Nvidia GTX950M with 384.76 drivers

Intel Core i7-6700HQ  quad core CPU at 2.60GHz

16GB of RAM

Consistent drop in the FPS even with lowest Graphic options selected.

Nvidia GTX 780. 

Intel core i5 4460 at 3.2 GHz

8gb RAM

Problems began last december with persistent game crashes. It was solved reinstalling Nvidia drivers 368.81, following instructions from developers. Then, last april, after VR support update, Game begins to crash every time after minutes of flight. Sometimes 3 minutes, sometimes 15. Every time it happens I get this error message:

D3D Error 

DXBufferMan11::vb(..)

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

I've tried different solutions, lowering graphics options, and reinstalling Nvidia drivers. Now I have updated nvidia drivers to latest version. Crashes persist. 

• Upvote 3

Hi Tomcat,

I have a gtx 780 too and I was able to fix the DirectX issue by installing the driver 353.62

http://www.nvidia.fr/download/driverResults.aspx/87942/fr

But then, like a few days ago, once I start a game, I have a huge FPS drop once in the cockpit.

Using trackir, I have to look all around (in order to fully load the cockpit maybe) and then, once I've look everywhere, the game becomes playable

I don't play online since I just bought the game and start learning how to play.

Here are my specs :

NVIDIA GTX780 with driver 353.62 (and not GeforceExperience)

I7 4770K

16GB RAM

Game installed on a mechanical hard drive (10.000 RPM)

I'm not @home so I don't recall the graphical settings. I'll edit the post once @home

EDIT : Here is my graphic settings

92B374EF2AC27B983625FC1A5848ACA365AD296A

The name of the properties on my machine are a mix of french / english

EDIT #2 : I've installed the 384.76 driver only, rebooted and launched the game.

It was alittle bit slower on the login screen (network maybe) and launched a quick mission without ennemies.

I had no FPS drop during the start of the game, everything was normal (even maybe more beautiful)

After 2 min, I've closed the game because I havn't time to test longer (to see if the directX issue is still there)

I'll try to test tonight and show the result.

But indeed, your 2.011 hotfix has introduced a weird behavior on very old nvidia drivers

So upgrading is the way to go, then we are potentially left with the direct x issue :(

PS : Sadly I cannot afford to buy another GPU

Edited by DiNasty
  • Upvote 1

Hello,

Not the type of 1st post I had hoped for but this info may help...

I use a Samsung laptop which is a few years old and have enjoyed playable frame rates on BOS, BOM and BOK up until I installed the latest patch a few days ago where the game became totally unplayable due to the slideshow frame rate

Operating System

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU

Intel Core i7 @ 2.30GHz

RAM

6.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz

Graphics

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 

Memory 4.0 GB

Driver version 358.91

EDIT; updated to 381.65 but slide show remains

Thanks for everything and good luck finding the problem

Edited by Pict

NVidia GXT 780

Intel core i5 3470

32gb RAM

Win7 64bit

I have a same situation like Tomcat: 

Nvidia GTX 780. 
8gb RAM

Problems began last december with persistent game crashes. It was solved reinstalling Nvidia drivers 368.81, following instructions from developers. Then, last april, after VR support update, Game begins to crash every time after minutes of flight. Sometimes 3 minutes, sometimes 15. Every time it happens I get this error message:

D3D Error 

I've tried different solutions, lowering graphics options, and reinstalling Nvidia drivers. Now I have updated nvidia drivers to latest version. Crashes persist.

Also, i am want to say, what your last advise to use old version of nvidia driver is unaccepted for me, cause another important applications on my computer not working correctly with old version of driver. So, even if game will be working with old driver, i cant play this game. Saddly perspetive...

I previously noted frame rate tanking. (thought it was the game commenting on my flying ability)

I have just updated my Nvidia driver to 384.76   (GTX 780)

Settings are ultra and grass and trees normal.

I am back to 50 fps :lol:  - and the grass and trees are great (I spend a lot of time picking leaves out of my cockpit)

I think that if you update your driver through the OS (which I had done) it may not pick up the latest  ( I thought I had done this)

So I went direct to NVidia site to do it.

I tried both offline and online with success

Motherboard : Asus VI Formula

CPU : Intel i7 4770k

RAM : 16Gb DDR3

HD : Seagate Barracuda 3tb x2

SSD: Samsung 840 Pro (OS)

Graphic : GTX 780TI 3GB

Driver: 384.76

Same issue as Tomcat:

Nvidia GTX 780. 

8gb RAM

D3D Error 

Old Nvidia drivers (368.81) used to work but not after the latest updates. People are claiming 353.62 works but that is too old for my needs.

Edited by RedBull

Hi Jason do u think that a fix for the dxdi bufferman problem is something u guys are trying to fix at the moment. I know a lot of people with this issue, my 980 ti seems ok at moment tho. But friends having issues. We keep testing new nvidia drivers when released. In fact yesturday my friend was able to fly in my server for over half hour witch since the vr update is the longest he has managed. He uses a gtx 780.

many thanks Beaks.

What dxdi bufferman problem? Please be more specific. This thread is about the two known issues currently affecting users.

Jason

I previously noted frame rate tanking. (thought it was the game commenting on my flying ability)

I have just updated my Nvidia driver to 384.76   (GTX 780)

Settings are ultra and grass and trees normal.

I am back to 50 fps :lol:  - and the grass and trees are great (I spend a lot of time picking leaves out of my cockpit)

I think that if you update your driver through the OS (which I had done) it may not pick up the latest  ( I thought I had done this)

So I went direct to NVidia site to do it.

I tried both offline and online with success

So you have a 780 and are using the absolute latest drivers direct from Nvidia and you can play without the card crashing correct? Have you played for an extended period of time?

Jason

Jason - Yes GTX 780. (GeForce GTX 780; 3072MB Superclocked)  I have not played for an extended period of time   .... for some reason my joystick is now not working and I am having to keep it in the air with the thumb-stick on my throttle (the joystick not working is a little strange)

So another thing that is strange.... As I said, I did the Nvidia update, played successfully.  I then posted the good new above.   I then shut down during which time windows did some installation things.  When I restarted - the IL2 Launcher startup process froze the computer.

So what I did then is  -  instead of using the Launcher app   -   I started the binary  (   Il-2  ).    (after shutting down and starting up)   ... and voila - I can start the Sim - I tried both on and off line.

Jason - Yes GTX 780. (GeForce GTX 780; 3072MB Superclocked)  I have not played for an extended period of time   .... for some reason my joystick is now not working and I am having to keep it in the air with the thumb-stick on my throttle (the joystick not working is a little strange)

So another thing that is strange.... As I said, I did the Nvidia update, played successfully.  I then posted the good new above.   I then shut down during which time windows did some installation things.  When I restarted - the IL2 Launcher startup process froze the computer.

So what I did then is  -  instead of using the Launcher app   -   I started the binary  (   Il-2  ).    (after shutting down and starting up)   ... and voila - I can start the Sim - I tried both on and off line.

I am also able to play the game for a while but after extended gameplay it usually crashes. My game usually crashes after 10 min in a campaign but i am able to fly for quite a while (30 min + ) in missions (depending on the mission) and quick battles.

Using Oculus Rift...

Low FPS - 45 down from 80-90.  Changing to High and AAx2 from Ultra and AAx4 nets maybe 5 fps at best.  Mirror on or off shows no difference.  Disabling HUD gets me around 10fos when it used to be 25+ if ever needed.

At around 38 fps I get flickering like my eyelid is going bonkers.  Squares of woodland also flicker in and out.

Spec:

W10 64

i7 4770k OC'd to 4.3

16Gb RAM

GTX 1080 - driver 378.49 (rolled back and it is a touch better)

Xonar D2X sound card

The only change for me is leaving the new graphics presets as they have defaulted so:

Mirrors:  Complex

Distant landscape:  x4

Grass:  Ultra

Landscape filter:  Sharp

AA:  x4

I use Oculus Tray Tool (latest version) with SS 1.3 and ASW off.

Game resolution is set to 800x600.

von Tom

W10 x64 pro

I7-6700K

16GB

GTX780 3GB OC (Gigabyte)

Prevously 2.011 IL2 worked perfectly (60fps stable and ULTRA) with 353.62 drivers (later drivers crashed IL2 with D3D Error ...)

With 2.011 353.62 drivers give me 5-8 fps. Sometimes 60fps returns but when I fly over a new zone or use zoom (in same flight), 5-8 fps back again.

With latest drivers 60fps are stables, but in a simple IA Dogfight Mission D3D Error backs again.

With 368.81, IL2 works fine but I have D3D Error.

Edited by Necro_v

Hi

GT970...

BOS Patch Update

Dramatic FPS Drop (4 or 5 fps instead of 60 i had before)

Tried different options (full screen option ticked, unticked,) without any success.

New Nvidia Driver Installed.

IL2 BOS folder erased.

Download in progress. (5.5 Gb...)

I'll keep you informed...

To be continued.

After some success*, I also now am getting the DXD error - occurred after about 10 mins into a single mission against ground targets.

*After installing 384 driver

First, I'm sorry for my English (I'm using google translator).

Apparently Il-2 BoS does not work well with the geforce700 series, only if you use old drivers.

I use a geforce gtx780 VGA and it did not take more than five minutes in the game, so unintentionally I discovered a possible solution. This problem seems to be with .dll files, so what I did was download a program called "depends" and in it it was possible to see which dll's were missing or defective I just had to download them and paste them in the windows system folders (32 and 64bit) .

So far it has worked well and without crashes and with the latest driver from nvidia. I do not know if it's a definitive solution, but it worked well for me and I'm sharing it with you.

Look for tutorials about the program is very practical to use.
Good fight!

Spec:

CPU: Amd phenon II x4 

Ram: 6gb ddr3 1333mhz

VGA:Nvidia geforce GTX780 evga 3gb

Windows 7 64bit

FPS: 47~50 ultra / 60 high

I had to drop the nVidia driver back from 382.05 to 381.65 due to the 5 second screen lock.  I am certain now that 381.65 was the version I was using before I tried 384.76.  So far, so good (still CTD on exit).  Post above edited.

Edited by 12.OIAE_Stick-95

Hi

GT970...

BOS Patch Update

Dramatic FPS Drop (4 or 5 fps instead of 60 i had before)

Tried different options (full screen option ticked, unticked,) without any success.

New Nvidia Driver Installed.

IL2 BOS folder erased.

Download in progress. (5.5 Gb...)

I'll keep you informed...

To be continued.

=================================

After an update to the latest nvidia drivers and a complete delete / reinstall of the game, everything is fine now. Maybe even better.

Edited by -IRRE-golgoth21

Hi guy's, 

Had same frame rate issue after upgrade dropping to 3fps when in cockpit. Have just downloaded updated driver for my GTX750 card direct from NVidea site and game now working with 50fps on high settings. Have only played for a few minutes but hopefully this info might help.

Situation normalised here too. During some testing the game started to run at usual 50-60 FPS as pre-patch. I tried to rise up graphics settings and it was able to keep up with them. Honestly I don't know what happened, it looks like the patch had hit the performance of my software but now it is back as usual (with even some improvments too). I will keep testing but it seems all right. At least for people having problem with non-7xx series card I suggest to check not only drivers but also settings on the Nvidia instrument panel (not the Geforce experience). Try to set Performance over Quality. The first time I used the game that was how I made it to run smoothly.

Alex

Hello,

Not the type of 1st post I had hoped for but this info may help...

I use a Samsung laptop which is a few years old and have enjoyed playable frame rates on BOS, BOM and BOK up until I installed the latest patch a few days ago where the game became totally unplayable due to the slideshow frame rate

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 2.30GHz

RAM
6.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz

Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 
Memory 4.0 GB
Driver version 358.91
EDIT; updated to 381.65 but slide show remains

Thanks for everything and good luck finding the problem

Fixed

After reading Alexmarine28's post above I went to double check my Nvidia control panel settings...

Under the Manage 3d settings menu there are two tabs, Global settings & Program settings

Under the Program settings tab I had already previously custom set the IL2 launcher.exe to use the High performance Nvidia processor as per the FAQ regarding laptops on this forum when I first installed IL2 BOS

Under the Global settings tab I changed it to High performance Nvidia processor instead of Auto-select. This was the only change I made before testing to find my frame rate was good again and possibly slightly better than before the patch

Edit: This seems to have eliminated the low frame rate I had experienced in the menus from day one

It shouldn't work like this but it does and I'm flying again :)

Edited by Pict

This thread is about the two known issues currently affecting users.

Could you please elaborate what these two issues are so we know whether we should post here or not. In the 1st post you only asked us to post "what you are experiencing". All sorts of problems of various severity are being reported here now.

Could you please elaborate what these two issues are so we know whether we should post here or not. In the 1st post you only asked us to post "what you are experiencing". All sorts of problems of various severity are being reported here now.

I think the two issues are :

• GTX780 users and their DirectX issue (D3D / bufferman etc...) that forces us (GTX780 users) to use some old driver version
  • Cockpit frame rate drop (up to a single digit) (which is related to an old driver version)

So the answers are :

• Upgrade to your latest driver version
  • If you own a GTX780, you either choose the frame drop or the directx issue -_-'

PS : Correct me if I'm wrong

@DiNasty

I think that's a little simplistic, neither of your described problems or solutions apply to me and I arrived at this thread after looking for a solution to massive frame rate drop (not just in the cockpit) after installing the Spit VB patch

Simply updating my drivers did not fix it

It seems to me that that the Nvidia control panel sees IL2 when in a mission and the IL2 menus as separate programs, but even this was not the only problem I had

Something definitely affected my frame rates when I installed the patch, like lots of other people

Edited by Pict

If you start BOX via the launcher the NVIDIA control panel does not see the game exe when it starts. NVIDIA users should add a shortcut directly to the il2.exe, and then manually add it in the NVDIA control panel. If you make adjustments in the control panel make them to the il2.exe, not the launcher. 

I´m using a GTX780 Win 8.1 and before the last patch, I could run the game smooth and ok with using an old driver version 368.81

I could also use some control panel settings agains the flicker, with newer drivers I had the typical crash: errorsound,screenfreeze with continuing sound (even playing gun sounds wenn pressing trigger) then after some seconds black screen.. When I open the task manager I can make it then crash to desktop with different error textboxes (the device removed one, some hints on failure with .dds graphics files etc. )

with the current game version and current driver, the game (in SP, QMB) runs smooth with ultra settings and at good frames (50ish).. UNTIL a very similar crash (to the one described above) happens at around 20-30 mins playtime

I do not get the "device removed" error boxed anymore, but similar ones:

%C3%AArror.gif

error.gif

I can definately shorten the time to crash by either: a) playing in an buisy online environment or b) not properly ending quick missions but pressing esc and then "repeat mission" a couple of time.

The latter (repeating QMB mission out of the mission itself) also did relate to other erros before like retrying a QMB mission 20-30 in that way made the replay system dysfunctional (crt+r keys had no effect anymore no track could be recorded and track recording after clicking "end mission" and starting a new QMB). I think it may be a good stress test for 700er series owners: Start a quick mission with as many planes as you can, fly 5 mins, then press esc and restart the mission about 20 times... and then fly again for a while. I think for many errors will occur then, even though this method takes a lot of time to try.. but the different error messages may yield a clue. Note the same number (memory address) from different crashes in the 2 examples above..

Edited by Monostripezebra

Maybe its about time Devs Just change Minimum list Game specs to ..

GTX 950 or better and be done with it..
Will be better for all those with present tech :D

Maybe its about time Devs Just change Minimum list Game specs to ..

GTX 950 or better and be done with it..

Will be better for all those with present tech :D

Seems like a strange suggestion since the 780 is outperforming a gtx 950 in any game by a large margin and buying new hardware for either a driver issue or a issue with game code seems strange.

When it works I get great frame rates and don't really have a need to upgrade my hardware for this game.

Anyway I am having the same error codes as Monostripezebra, some days I can play for hours without any issue's other days it crashes after 30 minutes, at the moment I only play the campaign.

Here are my specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Processor: Intel® Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Asus GTX 780 DirectCU II OC

Driver: 384.80

Let give the devs time to respond. I am sure they are trying to fix this. I hope next patch! 

Let give the devs time to respond. I am sure they are trying to fix this. I hope next patch! 

I think they have fixed it, at least yesterday I was able to do a quick test in QMB and get around 60FPS with an old driver on my GTX 780. 

I was wondering what the small update was yesterday.............  mine seemed smoother and no fps drops............. I'm running a 1070 and I went from 60fps to drops around 45fps at times where I never had before.  Everything seems better now.

Cheers

Hoss

I was wondering what the small update was yesterday.............  mine seemed smoother and no fps drops............. I'm running a 1070 and I went from 60fps to drops around 45fps at times where I never had before.  Everything seems better now.

Cheers

Hoss

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/29943-game-version-2011-discussion-spitfire-mkvb-blazing-steppe-ne/?p=490836

I think they have fixed it, at least yesterday I was able to do a quick test in QMB and get around 60FPS with an old driver on my GTX 780. Drivers please

Drivers?