Han

Developer Diary, Part 161 - Discussion

Ha... the good old days! Kuban, the bridgehead, the Crimea... great maps, great battles!

Kuban_Bridgehead.jpg

Probably wrong, but wasn't that technically the "Kerch" map? We (TP) used it as a BoB channel map.  Endless half-hours of DF fun before launching a coop or an "ops" coop mission... Sigh!

Yes, the proper Kuban map had the large lake to the east of Krasnodar if I remember right... I still have a multitude of maps tucked away somewhere.

I printed them all off and covered them in plastic sheets so I could mark waypoints and wipe them off again.   :)

Ha... the good old days! Kuban, the bridgehead, the Crimea... great maps, great battles!

Kuban_Bridgehead.jpg

Had a great time on that map. Actually what is shown there is a mod/later patch where the Crimea and Kuban maps were merged together. Prior to that they overlapped but were smaller.

I don't think we're getting quite everything listed there. This is what the devs gave us as a reference.

bok-map-post-19-0-10807900-1475764698.jp

• Upvote 1

Had a great time on that map. Actually what is shown there is a mod/later patch where the Crimea and Kuban maps were merged together. Prior to that they overlapped but were smaller.

I don't think we're getting quite everything listed there. This is what the devs gave us as a reference.

The Crimea + Kuban map was a modded merged map indeed.

By the way, the default Kuban map got a nice make over too. :)

We have corrected number of turns for 109s stabilizers and now there are 6 turns from end to end for any Bf-109.

So, 15 / 6  = 2.5 sec per turn. This speed is the same like for the flaps.

This is from RAF Bf-109E handling test; ..

The Bf-109E In accordance with RAF test, the stabilizer total range is 11.8 degrees (+3.4 to -8.4 degrees), for 5.75 turns from end to end.

This means 11.8/5.75 = 2.05 degrees per turn.

19441701_10213633535774985_2612886093040

The The Bf-109 "G" series have 8 degrees of stabilizer travel, (from -6º to +2º), with same aprox. 2.05 degrees per turn.

This means  8/2.05 = 3.9 turns from end to end.

Edited by III/JG52_Otto_-I-
  • Upvote 1

Upon being discovered in woodland by Soviet Partizans, very very badly hung-over and concussed with a bullet graze to the back of the head:

"Can you send Spitfire? Time is going by really really really slow and I think we're dead..."

Suspected of attempting to defect, the English aviator was returned to his crash site, where the partizans inspected his fallen LaGG-3; eventually counting over 200 bullet and shell holes once the location of the severed wing was discovered.

Johnny 'Red' Redburn, Kuban Diaries, Spring 1943.