Han

Developer Diary, Part 161 - Discussion

Hello Everybody,

We're finishing our work on 2.011 update. It will bring you another Collector Plane - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vb which has been used in Battle of Kuban. These planes were sent to the USSR via the lend-lease program. The update will also include the new historical campaign Blazing Steppe by Alexander =BlackSix= Timoshkov (you can already pre-order on our website).
However, in today's Dev Diary we'd like to tell you what will happen after this update - in update 2.012 that will be released later, possibly the end of July or early August.
To add a bit of visuals after this wall of text, we'll show you the Hs 129 B-2 paint schemes prepared by community enthusiast I./ZG1_Panzerbar:

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 21

Awesome!  

Great skins, Panzerbar!  :salute:

Edited by 19//Tuesday

Thank you, nice pictures of one of my all time favorite planes. :salute:

FM changes look interesting.

Edited by bzc3lk

Excellent news on getting the Spit in this update, really looking forward to it!

Are the performance optimizations for the BOM airfields in this update?

Beautiful wall of text, beautiful Hs 129 shots. Everything's beautiful. Thank you!

What can I say other than : 

1C / 777, nothing beats this Team !!!!

:good: 

This looks to be one heck of an update. I know it's the .11 update first, but the .12 one seems to be one to look out for.

Spitfire coming soon is nice as well.

Great stuff devs, thanks a bunch  :-)

This looks to be one heck of an update. I know it's the .11 update first, but the .12 one seems to be one to look out for.

Spitfire coming soon is nice as well.

Great stuff devs, thanks a bunch  :-)

Yes, looks like good stuff!

Wow, what and amazing list of changes! Absolutely incredible! 

And off-course the Henschel skins look amazing! Perfect mix of theater relevant winter en summer skins. Good job Panzerbar!!

Grt M

Wow, that's a lot of stuff crammed together in 2.012 and you plan on squeezing the Kuban map in there as well?

Very, very excited to test all those FM changes. As long as it leads to a more accurate portrayal of reality it's great. I just hope that it won't take away that unique sense of flight and movement, that I've always gotten from RoF and BoX and nowhere else.

• Upvote 1

Can't wait to get my hands on that Hs 129

• Upvote 2

Very, very excited to test all those FM changes. As long as it leads to a more accurate portrayal of reality it's great. I just hope that it won't take away that unique sense of flight and movement, that I've always gotten from RoF and BoX and nowhere else.

I would say that unique sense of flight is exactly the thing that needs to be removed ;)

Joking aside, I also hope the feel of speed etc. isn't removed, just the horrible wobblying :)

• Upvote 1

On the Hs129 skins, most interesting features are on the "other side of the moon" :)

There are some interesting skins like Dornemann's plane. Can't make out Ruffer's plane. But i think you mean the impressive kill markings on some of the planes?

And thanks! This will become my n01 ride for quiet a while.

Grt M

S! Very nice thank you for the update.Thank you Panzerbar for the nice skins.

Great news as usual!

I look forward to the FM refinements, the Spitfire and the Hs139.

Also, great job Panzerbar with those skins, i love the Romanian skins and the brown dotted skins in particular.

Edited by Jade_Monkey

Nice, four Romanian skins :)

Just a minor note , the inscription "HAIFETITO", on the 15-th skin , it should be a space there "HAI (space) FETITO" , it means "c'mon girlie ! "

• Upvote 1

This might affect the meta of LW vs VVS fights significantly, will be very interesting to see how that plays out when it's live. Good on you for taking the time to touch such an extremely sensitive and huge issue that can make or break a flightsim! Considering the level of quality and determination the Devguys have shown in the last year, I have no worries. :)

• Upvote 4

Superlatives spent. Thanks to all of the development team.

That's a lot of changes to the plane set. Thanks for the update Han. Should be interesting to see how these changes affect flight characteristics and game play. I'm looking forward to it. And of course that spit5 should be a fun bird to throw around. S!

Outstanding! Thank you for all of the work you've all been doing. Just the amount of time it must've taken to write the dev log is impressive! Not to mention the dedication to designing and implementing all of the changes to an already great simulator!

Really looking forward to flying the Spitfire!

• Upvote 1

Great update - thanks :salute: . Like everyone else I'll be testing my favourites to see how the FM changes affect them - it all looks very thorough.

Superb skins on the Henschel; waiting eagerly to fly this bird.

Cheers.

When they say flight stick and pedal loads increased / decreased, is that a FFB thing or something that will effect everyone?

I think it means for everyone. Its the virtual stick load (?).

Wow, this all looks fabulous!   The attention to detail and willingness to get things just right looks to be above and beyond.

Edited by Iceworm

Good news!

Sooo, when is 2.011 being released? Did I miss reading that?

He essentially said, that it's in beta now, so next week or the week after that.