Han

Developer Diary, Part 160 - Discussion

Dear pilots,
Another week has passed and we're moving further in the development cycle of Battle of Kuban.
And last but not the least, Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vb is nearly finished - our engineers are polishing its flight characteristics to make them as close to reference as possible while artists are adding final touches to its cockpit textures. Yesterday we completed its skins you can see right now.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here
You can ask new questions in this thread
  • Upvote 7

Wow, that Spit is looking great!

Must say, I'm a little disappointed to see only two Soviet skins being made for it, though :( Given that the Spit is going to have to fly on Eastern Front maps only, more red stars would have been appropriate.

FM update in July sounds great, will the Kuban map be part of that same update?

• Upvote 5

Stunning!

It looks a lot better than the early shots, i love the skin with the stripes on the nose!!

Looking forward to flying it this summer!

Edited by Jade_Monkey

Nice looking skins! Just out of curiosity, which skin would you want to use on a winter map?

The default one. From the winter 1943-44 Soviet fighters were generally not given a winter distemper. The shift to the standard grey-on-grey camouflage for fighters in august 1943 was an attempt to create a sceme suitable for all seasons.

Nice looking skins! Just out of curiosity, which skin would you want to use on a winter map?

See as there are 9 pictures and normally they produce 10 skins there will be one white skin.

There is nothing to say.....the best Product management and Business planning.

We are just really sorry for MTO.

• Upvote 2

Disappointed with the lack of theater appropriate skins...

Leave the RAF and USAAF skins for the community to make.

A few RAF skins (a brown and a grey one) and a USAAF Desert skin would've been ok, but this is too much.

• Upvote 1

Disappointed with the lack of theater appropriate skins...

Leave the RAF and USAAF skins for the community to make.

People will fly Yak, not Spitfire as it was. You'll see....Mk.Vb, will be just a nice target for Luftwaffe as it was. Leave it for RAF lovers.

Nice looking model.  However your choice of official skins for an Eastern Front simulation is just bizarre.

Great update, thanks!

I am really looking forward to 2.011! The Spit, and the fixes to the Moscow Map's performance. Will be just about in time for me to move into the Moscow Campaign. Hopefully I will be done with Stalingrad campaign finally by then... with any luck.

The Spitfire is gorgeous, that shot over the water is breathtaking!

Can not wait to climb into this baby in VR, finally retiring my well worn Yak-1 Series 169.

Edited by dburne

Nice job devs .............. as always!!!! :salute:

Thanks so much ;)

I don't really get the drama over skins. I'm sure there will be tons of user made skins. I don't use default skins anyway due to the overdone weathering and gloss. I'm sure there will be many non-Soviet skins for A-20 and P-39 as well. Anyway, great news in the DD and can't wait to see 2.011!

• Upvote 3

The default one. From the winter 1943-44 Soviet fighters were generally not given a winter distemper. The shift to the standard grey-on-grey camouflage for fighters in august 1943 was an attempt to create a sceme suitable for all seasons.

That is indeed true, but isn't the default's pattern a British one with Russian markings on it?

I don't really get the drama over skins. I'm sure there will be tons of user made skins. I don't use default skins anyway due to the overdone weathering and gloss. I'm sure there will be many non-Soviet skins for A-20 and P-39 as well. Anyway, great news in the DD and can't wait to see 2.011!

One though - because​ servers admins lock custom skins? For me it's fine whatever. Edited by 307_Tomcat

Thank you, Devs!

Your superb work continues!

I have come to the point that 95% of my time on my computer at home is now spent with this sim wearing my oculus.

I am very pleased with everything and it just keeps getting better and better!

• Upvote 2

-redacted-

Edited by Space_Ghost

We are just really sorry for MTO.

Tell us more about the MTO and how it has nothing to do with this post...

You are going to break the "most MTO mentions" record while also sounding like a broken record.

• Upvote 5

SpitFeuer ahh spitfire let us see what the butcher can do with it also waiting for 2.011

Thx devs

Edited by II/JG11ATLAN

Like a lot of folk have already said - a bizarre set of skins. Perhaps there just isn't that much reference material around for Russian Spit Vs? After all, there weren't that many Vb's about, especially in the Kuban.

What is needed is a far better skin management system for BoX, because as I see it now we are, potentially, going to be inundated with swarms of RAF fighters on some servers and there's nothing that can be done about it by the server owner as these are default skins. I always thought that the RoF skinpack system, historical/non-historical was a very good solution.

Looking forward to flying the Spit very much though, although only in the colours of the 216th!

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

Relax about the skins guys. Soviet Spits didn't have a lot of variety so we added some UK and USA ones. We'll add a couple more Soviet skins if we can find some cool ones.

Jason

• Upvote 19

Guys stop flame about Spitfire`s skins please. Im sure that players will make billion skins on Spit - with red stars too. 

Have a nice day.

EDIT: Heh Mr. Williams was faster for some few seconds.

Edited by I./JG1_Baron
  • Upvote 4

Jolly nice Spit, me wants ! :fly:

Edited by Roast

Guys stop flame about Spitfire`s skins please. Im sure that players will make billion skins on Spit - with red stars too.   

I think this too.

:salute:  

Nice selection of skins for the Spitfire... I'll be flying it in British livery on every occasion I can, many thanks :)

• Upvote 1

Why not? :biggrin:

Your're funny, really. MTO will be always a complain, like it or not, everytime, everywhere.

Dejavou....my apologies....

post-19-0-61475500-1496322173.jpg

I try my best with comedy ;)

Trust me, i would absolutely love an MTO expansion, perhaps something around Malta, Sicily, the Italian peninsula.

But for now, especially with team fusion around, it's just not a sensible choice in the near future.

Like a lot of folk have already said - a bizarre set of skins. Perhaps there just isn't that much reference material around for Russian Spit Vs?

Right, cause at the moment - there is only one known photo of Mk.Vb in a frontline unit - and that`s a #538 machine.

• Upvote 1