chiliwili69

Measuring rig performance: Common Baseline (for IL-2 v3.010)

Hello everyone, here are my benchmark results:

Latest version of IL2 (Steam version, auto-updated),

I7 3770k, 3.9 Mhz

32 GB ram DDR3, 1700 Mhz

Nvidia 1080 TI

Oculus Rift

PassMark results: 10460, 2179

Frames: 2802 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 46.700 - Min: 42 - Max: 76

My latest and last with setup in sig:   Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg   5049,     60000,  54,  91, 84.150

I assume you used VR test settings, right?

Let me know also your CPU Passmark and Single-Thread passmark at 4.7Ghz. 

Latest version of IL2 (Steam version, auto-updated), I7 3770k, 3.9 Mhz 32 GB ram DDR3, 1700 Mhz Nvidia 1080 TI Oculus Rift PassMark results: 10460, 2179   Frames: 2802 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 46.700 - Min: 42 - Max: 76

Thank you for reporting your test with the 3770K. It is the first 3770K tests in VR.

You may wonder why having a 1080Ti you have a low performance, but reading this thread you have discovered why.

But don´t worry, with some changes you rig could reach 75fps or more in this test. You can do this:

MEMORY UPGRADE: 

You have 32Gb but they are 1700Mhz. IL-2 only need less than 8Gb to run.

You can buy 2x4Gb RAM modules of 2400 or 2600 MHz and try it.

This will give you some extra fps

OVERCLOCK:

You are running your CPU at just Turbo stock speed: 3.9 Ghz,  so you are having a low STMark (2179).

If you are able to run your 3770K until 4.9 GHz, you will have an STMark around 2700, and with that, in theory, you should be around 75fps.

If you look at the "Only Monitor" tab in the test results, you will see that TUS_Samuel was having good results with OC the same CPU than yours.

Doing basic overclock is easy. You only need a good CPU cooler (air or liquid) and to read some threads in this forum.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/29881-overclocking-4790k-better-bos-performance/

With that RAM and without OC you are not using all the power that your great 1080Ti can deliver.

What MoBo do you have?

Thanks Chiliwili69  for your suggestions.

My motherboard is an Asus P8Z77-V LE. The funny thing is that my cpu is overclocked to 4.1 MHz according with the Bios, but CPU-Z is still showing 3.9 MHz for some reason.

My computer has some other issues as well (both hardware and software) so I will probably update the whole cpu / motherboard / ram sooner rather than later. By the way, do you have any suggestions for that? I'll probably go with ani7-8700K but I'm not sure what motherboard/ram to get with that.

By the way, do you have any suggestions for that? I'll probably go with an i7-8700K but I'm not sure what motherboard/ram to get with that.

As you can read in the test results, the 8700K is the top option for CPU. For less price, there is also the i5-8600K which I think it is also a good candidate (only tested once with a 1060) but I will not put my hand on the fire for that.

For the RAM get at least 3000MHz. We have no evidence that above that speed things go better.

For the Mobo, I am not an expert on that matter (or in any PC component). You can take a look of the one used by 8700K owners in the table.

Since IL-2 is very dependent of CPU clock frequency, I would also look for a good CPU (and case) cooling solutions.

I will take a look at the list. Thanks again for your comments, and thanks for your effort in setting up all this. Having a common benchmark and test methodology is very valuable.

nope nope nope with those results. You *will* be at 85+fps ave with that setup. (Im at ~84fps)  Something wildly amiss. i had some issues with over tweaking my VRAM. mucked my system up for a min and had lower Ghz

We have the same board, also, 7700 can do 5.0Ghz easy. Are you using Game Boost in Bios? Any other software?

maybe doesn't matter too much, but are you on current BIOS v1.50? (I updated) 

MSI has it's version of CPU-z here

My latest and last with setup in sig:

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
  5049,     60000,  54,  91, 84.150

**As a side note, with shadows low, DRF .8 and a 600x800 window i'm at:
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
  5192,     60000,  59,  91, 86.533

Thanks katdog5,

I'm fairly new to OC so am happy for any advice. Changed a view settings that got a slight increase, I'm using Gameboost from the BIOS which seems to give the best performance, try to have everything else shut down.

I assume you used VR test settings, right?

Let me know also your CPU Passmark and Single-Thread passmark at 4.7Ghz. 

Yep.

CPU Passmark 13052

CPU Single Threaded 2735 

Thanks katdog5,

I'm fairly new to OC so am happy for any advice. Changed a view settings that got a slight increase, I'm using Gameboost from the BIOS which seems to give the best performance, try to have everything else shut down.

Niiice. You're in the right thread that's for sure- did you figure it out? I think the key with game boost is only use game boost. i.e. Dont mess with memory settings etc, if you do you risk undoing the max and dropping your Ghz, bsod, etc (from experience) . Def try MSi afterburner too I think i have a pretty light OC: 

VAvYBKa.png

Edited by katdog5

Hi,

I've tried overclocking my cpu and memory to 4.13Mhz and 1900 Mhz respectively and my new numbers are:

Cpu mark: 11140/2287

Frames: 3060 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 51.000 - Min: 43 - Max: 90

Hopefully no blue screens ...

overclocking my cpu and memory to 4.13Mhz

What CPU cooling do you have?

Ideally, you should first work on determining your maximum stable CPU OC frequency. To determine that you don´t need to use IL2, but a just a simple free stress tool like Prime95.

As you can read in other post of this thread, I use Prime95 (Blend torture test) with just one thread, since that is comparable (or a bit higher) to the stress of IL-2 VR. Since I don´t use OC for any other game I don´t need to stress more my CPU.

The CPU OC procedure would be:

1. Launch MSI afterburner to trend CPU temp, Cores temp, CPU clock, etc, etc. (you can put sample interval 0.1 sec)

2. Set CPU Vcore voltage to Man. (for example 1.15 v) (using MSI Command centre in my case)

3. Set freq to all cores to 4.2 GHz (using MSI Command centre in my case)

4. Run Prime95 Blend torture test with one thread.

5. Leave that for 30 minuntes and monitorize CPU temp and Core temps.

If you have BSOD, then you should increase the voltage a bit (for example from 1.15 to 1.17)

If you don´t have BSOD, then you should decrease the voltage a bit (for example from 1.15 to 1.13)

It is better that you write down in a paper every test (anotate CPU GHz, Vcore voltage, CPU temp), at the end of the procedure you should keep the minimum stable voltage.

You can follow this procedure for every freq of your CPU (4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, etc). For every freq you will find a stable voltage. You can see what I found in this post:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/29881-overclocking-4790k-better-bos-performance/?p=526461

You also will see that for higher freq-voltage pair, you CPU temp is higher and higher. So, you should stop this procedure when your CPU temp are above 80-85 deg.

That´s why it is important to have a good CPU cooler, the better CPU cooler the farther OC you can reach.

Once you know your max OC, then you can run IL2 VR test and have fun with IL2.

Edited by chiliwili69

Yep.

CPU Passmark 13052

CPU Single Threaded 2735 

Niiice. You're in the right thread that's for sure- did you figure it out? I think the key with game boost is only use game boost. i.e. Dont mess with memory settings etc, if you do you risk undoing the max and dropping your Ghz, bsod, etc (from experience) . Def try MSi afterburner too I think i have a pretty light OC: 

VAvYBKa.png

Thanks for that, got Afterburner now - just need to do a bit of study/research into it!

What CPU cooling do you have?

I have a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

I did the overcloking from the BIOS rather than using MSI afterburner. The problem that I had in the past with this is that sometimes, if I boot to Linux and then reboot quickly, the BIOS is complaining about the overclocking and refuses to boot unless I change the overclocking settings. It is very strange, since if I boot to Linux and wait about 5 minutes, I can reboot again with no problem. My computer has other issues as well, like every day I usually need to boot 3 times, the first time the resolution on my monitors is all wrong, the second time the keyboard doesn't work, and the third time everything is fine. That's why I was saying I will probably upgrade my computer soon, although I just saw the ram prices and I had a sudden change of hart. I now hope my computer will still work for a year or so.

Anyway, I will try to follow up on the steps you wrote above and determine what would be a safe speed to overclock to. Thanks for all your help.

mga, to improve stability try to disable unused controllers in BIOS such as integrated graphics, additional USB3.0 controller (your mobo have native z77 4xUSB3.0 and additional ASMedia 2xUSB3.0). Maybe you have discrete audio then disable integrated audio. Same with LAN

I have 3770k on GA-Z77-D3H and had stability issues all the time until disabled all the unneeded stuff.

Also I quitted overclocking when realized that flying online without HUD is very smooth even at stock clocks. So all of the OC`ing can be made useless by a bug like this. Our only hope is devs fixing FPS issues

Also I quitted overclocking when realized that flying online without HUD is very smooth even at stock clocks.

I understand that you refer this with monitor, not VR. 

Chili, one quick note for the spreadsheet: my ram is oc at 2850

Since I am going to acquire a 1080Ti, I have just run the VR test with exactly the same settings (OC:4.9 Ghz, RAM at 2600, 1070 GPU with some OC) that I used some months ago and now I obtain about 4 fps less than before.

I don´t know exactly why since all the hardware is exactly the same. I assume then it will be due to software (Intel patch, Windows update, Oculus update, Nvidia update, etc, etc).

Probably the most likely is the Intel patch that came out just at the begining of the year.

I have renamed the previous tab called "Main" to "Main2017" and I have created a new one called Main2018 were I have put my new achievement (80.367 fps, versus 84.828 in 2017).

If you look at the STMark, I was having 2947 before, while now I have 2931. So, it seems it is a CPU performance related.

I don´t know if you guys see a similar performance degradation with respect your previous tests. (Assuming you update Windows).

Since I am going to acquire a 1080Ti, I have just run the VR test with exactly the same settings (OC:4.9 Ghz, RAM at 2600, 1070 GPU with some OC) that I used some months ago and now I obtain about 4 fps less than before.

Can the results of the benchmark runs not vary some from run to run, depending on things like GPU temp with Nvidia Boost, etc?

After all these are computers we are talking about...

;) 

Can the results of the benchmark runs not vary some from run to run, depending on things like GPU temp with Nvidia Boost, etc?

I don´t think this is the case since I normally run three runs to be sure the fps are similar (they normally differ in 0.1 or 0.2 fps).

I also monitor CPU/GPU temps (which are quite low) and freq using exactly same GPU/CPU OC. 

Running only the PAssmark SingleThread, which just measure CPU performance, I see a degradation (2947 to 2931), and here GPU is not in the loop.

that would both suck and make sense if windows update related / intel patch. did you specifcally patch for intel? or is included in part of a windows update ? I hope not

Ok, I have some monitor data for you:

Frames: 8496 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 141.600 - Min: 89 - Max: 208

Settings as indicated in your first post, Chili.

Specs:

i9-7900X, 3 or 4 core turbo @ 4.6 GHz, 5 core @ 4.5 GHz, 6 core @ 4.4 GHz, > 6 cores @ 4.2 GHz, AVX offset 0, AVX512 offset 3 (4.3 GHz max)

Be Quiet! 2800 AIO water cooler

ASUS RAMPAGE VI Extreme

32 GB quad channel RAM @ 3600 (4 x 8 GB)

1080 GTX @ 2GHz

My rig is mainly limited by the moderate coolng cababilities of the AIO water cooler. It is indeed very quiet and much better than a large air cooler for the simple reason that you can installi it easier as well as it doesn't put so much weight in the Mainboard.

I can run IL-2 up to 5 GHz, however past 4.6 GHz, individual cores get hotter than 75°C plus prime95 starts to report errors or bluescreens.

Passmark:

single thread: 2616

overall CPU: 23503

Going at 5 GHz, it is 2900 and 25000 respctively, with some variations. But that is outside reasonable clocking. The 7900X is a very, very demanding CPU regarding cooling. Past 4.5 GHz, power consumption goes through the roof. You can quickly reach 300 Watts.

Edit: maxing out everything in settings on 1440p, fullscreen, gives me this:

Frames: 6046 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 100.767 - Min: 77 - Max: 128

Edited by ZachariasX

is included in part of a windows update ?

The Intel patch was included with the Windows update at the beginning of the year. 

In any case, I have just put the RAM at 2933 and it seems I am still able to reach 84 fps. 

that would both suck and make sense if windows update related / intel patch. did you specifcally patch for intel? or is included in part of a windows update ? I hope not

Intel retracted their patch. Thus, new BIOS’ come without microcode update. Even MS deactivated the Windows patch, as this one too gave trouble.

Ok, I have some monitor data for you:   Frames: 8496 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 141.600 - Min: 89 - Max: 208   Settings as indicated in your first post, Chili.

Thank you Zacharias for posting your test results with that beast CPU. 

Clearly, it is an amazing CPU for multithread applications but it is limited in the max freq you can reach and therefore the single thread performance is not in the top.

This is a good example of an extreme CPU with many cores which is not particularly worth if you only want to play IL-2 (I believe this is not your case).

Until the day IL-2 spreads the heavy calcs in more threads, going to a CPU with a low number of cores (the less the better) and able to be easily overcloked to high frequencies (ie 5.0) is the best recommendation for IL-2 VR. 

I still like to see how the i5-8600K and i3-8350K can be overcloked to high freq and how they perform in IL-2 VR.

Here`s mine I used the method highlighted in the original post.

Hello everyone, here are my benchmark results:

Latest version of IL2

I5 3570k, 4.2 Ghz

16 GB ram DDR3, 1900 Mhz

Nvidia 1080 

Oculus Rift

PassMark results: 8766, 2186

Frames: 2313 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 38.55 - Min: 23 - Max: 47

Test shows why I ain`t enjoying it as much as I should be. I turned ASW off (or maybe I didn`t, does OTT actually work seeing as it throws an error message about manifests at me??) and turned the prop off for the results shown. Pretty crap tbh, but to be expected is the question?? The ASW thing is a pita as well, I tried Ctrl numpad 1 ain`t seeing a difference tbh.

Edited by BFsSmurfy

PS great thread this, starting to get a better idea now. If I buy an 8700k at 4.8 with 16gb of 3000 ram with my 1080 what conservatively do you folks think I`d get FPS wise with the original post settings which were good to my eye.

Edited by BFsSmurfy

Frames: 2313 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 38.55 - Min: 23 - Max: 47   Test shows why I ain`t enjoying it as much as I should be. I turned ASW off (or maybe I didn`t, does OTT actually work seeing as it throws an error message about manifests at me??) and turned the prop off for the results shown. Pretty crap tbh, but to be expected is the question?? The ASW thing is a pita as well, I tried Ctrl numpad 1 ain`t seeing a difference tbh.

Thank you for posting your results.

With your CPU at 4.2 you achieve a STMark of 2186. This is the number that matter. With that number (assuming there is no bottlenecks in other areas) you should achieve an average fps of 52 fps.

The reason why you achieve 38 fps is most likely because your RAM speed which is 1900. 

To verify that you actually put ASW off, you can also record your fps in a file (this is an option of Fraps) and see that your fps is not always 45 or 90. 

If I buy an 8700k at 4.8 with 16gb of 3000 ram with my 1080 what conservatively do you folks think I`d get FPS wise with the original post settings

With that config for sure you will be around 85 fps range with this test, but if you buy a 8700K you will want to put a good cooler and then reach 5.0GHz.

The i5-8600K is also a good and cheaper option. The same for the i3-8350K.

If I would buy a new Mobo I would go for the i3-8350K just to know how good it is with IL-2 VR (this CPU can be OC well enough https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/7ae6f1/silicon_lotterys_i38350k_overclocking_averages/).

Then, if the results in IL-2 VR were too below the 8700K, I would upgrade to the 8700K.

chiliwili 69 I can get 16gb (2 x 8) of DDR3 2400 for around £100, would you consider that worth a gamble seeing as i could probably offload my 1866 for 70 to 80? Thx for the help. Or 8gb of the same as yours 2933 for around the same.

Edited by BFsSmurfy

Right chiliwili your wish is my command, Asus PRIME Z370-A LGA 1151 DDR4 ATX Motherboard, i3 8350k and 8gb of corsair dominator platinum 3000 ordered. I`ll hopefully be up and running this weekend. i`ve got a quality 650w psu and my existing H80 (not i) should come off the 1150 board and onto the 1151. total cost £520 incl a £60 case and £40 SSD. If the 8350 is crap I`ll sell the old parts Ram, cpu and board and buy an 8700k.

Edited by BFsSmurfy

Right chiliwili your wish is my command, Asus PRIME Z370-A LGA 1151 DDR4 ATX Motherboard, i3 8350k and 8gb of corsair dominator platinum 3000 ordered. I`ll hopefully be up and running this weekend.

WOW!!

I was going to reply first to your previous post about upgrading the old DDR3 memory (which I think is not worth for your 6 year old CPU), but saw you already took the decision.

I think you will obtain a good performance together with the 1080 (all my honor is at stake!). But first you will need to determine your max stable OC with the i3-8350K, which should be around 4.8 or 5.0.

Also 8Gb is more than enough for IL-2 VR.

Let´s see how the experiment go. Many people will put they eyes on you!

If the 8350 is crap I`ll sell the old parts Ram, cpu and board and buy an 8700k

All new 8th generation CPUs (i7-8700K, i5-8600K, i3-8350K, etc) uses de same socket 1151-2 used by the Z370 Mobos.

So, you will be able to keep RAM and Mobo. Just only upgrade the CPU. (perhaps i5-8600K).

I meant I`d sell the i5 3570k , ram etc along with the 8350 which I doubt ebuyer will take back tbh. Overclockers are clocking to 4.8 on air so hopefully i`ll get that. I`m right in saying 1150 coolers will fit on 1151 370 boards aren`t I?

PS great thread this, starting to get a better idea now. If I buy an 8700k at 4.8 with 16gb of 3000 ram with my 1080 what conservatively do you folks think I`d get FPS wise with the original post settings which were good to my eye.

Like mine. Do it.

P. S. With your current system, maintaining lefuneste's mod is impossible. You will have, in this special case, a better experience without it.

Like mine. Do it.

P. S. With your current system, maintaining lefuneste's mod is impossible. You will have, in this special case, a better experience without it.

Thank you I`ll do that and see what happens. The 8350k has been bought, i could get it delidded, liquid metal applied and sent back for £20 but folks are getting 4.8 with just air and no mod so we`ll see how that goes when I get it. I will buy the 8700k if the 8350k overclocked doesn`t get me where I want to be. 

Last weekend I acquired a second hand Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti (775€ but fully new and no unboxed, with bill&warranty). I did that for three reasons: 

1. Will allow higher SS

2. Will need a better card for Pimax 8K arrival (June)

3. No next gen Nvidia GPUs on the horizon (6 months)

I replaced the old 1070 by the 1080Ti, installed latest drivers and run the Balapan VR test.

Avg fps: 83.933  Min: 53, Max:91

So, as I expected, no difference with the 1070 with some OC.

During the test the GPU load was around 55% with GPU clock at 1962MHz (just default zero GPU settings for Voltage, Power, clock or VRAM).

GPU temp at 58 celsius and CPU temp at 55 celsius.

When I run the test with the 1070 the GPU load was around 95% with some peaks to 100%.

Lesson learnt: If your SteamVR_SS is 1.7, a 1070 is more than enough for IL-2 VR.

Edited by chiliwili69

Lesson learnt: If your SteamVR_SS is 1.7, a 1070 is more than enough for IL-2 VR.

Maybe running that test, but what about real world performance while actually gaming?

I saw a nice little boost with my 1080 Ti in BoS and DCS,  and that was coming from a regular 1080. Course perhaps my lower spec system benefited more from it. But I can tell you I was very pleased with the boost I got flying in both sims.

I would recommend to anyone looking to purchase a card for VR today, if funds are no issue go for the 1080 Ti.

Edited by dburne

Just finished installing the 8350k and all the required bits and bobs. It`s easily doing 4.9ghz at around 1.275v without getting hot I think it will do 5 but I don`t think it will do 5.1. Passmark Single thread score 2885 other one is 11856. Been a long day I`ll try and run the VR test after I`ve re-installed all the software tomorrow, but on those scores alone it looks like a large improvement when coupled with good ram at 3000.

It will do 5 happily whilst at around 1.35v, single thread went up to 2933 possibly not worth pumping the extra voltage through?

Edited by BFsSmurfy

43 min,  91 max, 56.2 average after upgrade running at 4.9.

With graphics at ultra 43 min,  85max , 45 average.

The tie in to clock speed in this case cannot just be pure size of that figure, this thing is running at 4.9 which is way above a lot posted here who are achieving much greater averages 25+ more. I`ve installed everything brand new, ssd`s etc, programs, windows and ran it with the absolute minimum programmes required engaged and with a 1080 I get 56.2...how can that be and what do you folks suggest I check to make sure that is the best it can do under test conditions.

The cpu is maintaining 4.9  the ram is running at 3ghz and the 1080 is not down clocking itself despite running at 82C. Cpu was getting hot.

I`m not disappointed btw, a 50% improvement for £420 is not a bad return, but given other folks results I was perhaps expecting more. Any clues?

Just played Il2 for around 35 mins, flying back to base PC turned itself off and rebooted. came up with message...Clock Watchdog Timeout guess it`s ask for a replacement cpu time? Bios updated, dropped to 4.8 and voltage reduction cured that, cpu is getting hot 86C on Core 1 so I`ll drop the voltage a touch more currently 1.25 I`ll drop it to 1.225 seeing as the max demanded in game was 1.204. I`m using the NZXT monitor program which is pretty awesome.

Edited by BFsSmurfy

Thanks Smurfy for reporting your tests.

I must say:  Ups!   :huh:

The performance is definetly not what I was expecting for a new 8th gen CPU at 4.9Ghz. With your 2885 STMark, you should achieve around 80fps avg.

I have created a new thread to help people who are not achieving their "expected performance" with the Il-2 VR test:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34107-items-review-if-you-have-low-performance-il-2-vr-test/

Let´s see if more people can help in your case.

Your GPU temp at 82 is a bit hot. Mine is around 58. Did you also install some fans in the PC box? 

It could be that this i3-8350K CPU (like i5-4690K) only allows 4 threads. All other tested i7 were allowing 8 threads or more.

I suppose that VR need more threads than playing at monitor.

I really feel bad bad for influencing you to buy this CPU, but let´s works on it to see if it is a solvable problem.

Edited by chiliwili69

Thanks Smurfy for reporting your tests.

I must say:  Ups!   :huh:

The performance is definetly not what I was expecting for a new 8th gen CPU at 4.9Ghz. With your 2885 STMark, you should achieve around 80fps avg.

I have created a new thread to help people who are not achieving their "expected performance" with the Il-2 VR test:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34107-items-review-if-you-have-low-performance-il-2-vr-test/

Let´s see if more people can help in your case.

Your GPU temp at 82 is a bit hot. Mine is around 58. Did you also install some fans in the PC box? 

It could be that this i3-8350K CPU (like i5-4690K) only allows 4 threads. All other tested i7 were allowing 8 threads or more.

I suppose that VR need more threads than playing at monitor.

I really feel bad bad for influencing you to buy this CPU, but let´s works on it to see if it is a solvable problem.

No worries mate, it`s actually very playable and for a £420 outlay it`s a good result. I can spot, fight and actually enjoy the game through VR now. the cpu temps have been sorted by updating the mobo bios to the latest they`ve dropped to sub 60C and the gpu temp is definitely being influenced by pulling the air thro the cpu rad into the case and not being sucked out thro the top.

Just removed the side of the case and dropped 20C off the gpu, so I`ll look at moving the cpu cooler although it doesn`t look like the pipes will reach the front of the case (it`s an original H80) so maybe a 280 or 240 will be bought.

I`m not disappointed and I must be doing something wrong. I had a series of fatal errors yesterday but today with new bios and some adjustments here and there it`s doing fine. I`ll re-run the test now.

Don`t feel bad mate, it was a gamble and it`s paid off to some extent.

I figured the 4 cores may be the issue and it`s possibly not just max cpu speed = max fps or there`d be no point in buying an 8700k I`d just find a second hand 4790K and fast DDR3 but perhaps somewhere in how it`s set up there`s a problem we`ll see.

I`ll post any settings I`ve made so that people can help, but I`ll have to be told what they want to see as I`m no expert.

Just one last thing, I ran the P40 ship defence mission out of the Moscow missions and the rain looked like small arrows of white like a graphics glitch, card wasn`t hot but it looks like it`s overclocking itself heavily 1903 on the gpu 5103 on the ram I`ll probably have to deal with that as it may be a bit too much for it??

You can disable hyperthreading on your 4790k to check this assumption