JG4_dingsda

VeteranenCampaign -- Chir Front

post-25060-0-26581300-1485370947_thumb.png

With @Veteran66's permission I recompiled his excellent "Chir Front"-missions into a scripted campaign, which has been completely reworked by @Kosman72 into version 2.01. I hope you enjoy his missions as much as I did. Thanks to @Veteran66 and the many others that contributed! :)

Download link:

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Ljgx/4tSNdQK9p

Installation:

Extract the Folder data into your IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad main directory. If you are overwriting files from a previous version, make sure to delete the ctreecache-file in the Data-folder of the game before launching.

Other notes:

• The campaign is in German, English and Russian. Should somebody want to do translations for Polish, French or Spanish, I will gladly include them.
  • The Veteran Missions work without any waypoints. The player will fly CAP with his Raven flight, receiving information about enemy movements via comms. Since this comms reference the old mapgrid and its new correspondents are indicated in the subtitles, the HUD should stay on.
  • Missions 1 und 5 start with the aircraft parked. Taxi to the right side of the runway, a little past the windsock and wait for the KI.
  • You can find @FoxbatRU 's 4k replacement skins here.

4tSNdQK9pv2.03 (3.004)

• Added tasks (flying to the front) to fix the problems with mission switching

v2.01 (3.002c)

• Complete rework of all the missions of the campaign by @Kosman72
  • All complex trigger have been replaced by check-zone trigger
  • Included additional information for the player in mission briefings
  • Cloudless weather replaced by low cloudiness
  • Minor changes to the ground warfare
  • 4k replacement skins for the German fighter courtesy of @FoxbatRU
  • Default Soviet fighter skins
  • Changes to AI: The skill of German fighter pilots is a little higher than that of the Russian ones. Ace-skill removed.
  • Completion of mission after landing at the departure aerodrome
  • ... and many more little improvements
  • The storyline of the campaign remains unchanged, statistics system of downed opponents and losses preserved

v1.03 (2.010)

• Russian translation added, thx to @Kosman72

v1.02 (2.008)

• fixed a bug with mission objectives not triggering

v1.01 (2.008)

• recoded videos from bink to webm
  • fixed the clouds to be winter-clouds again

v1.00 (2.006c)

• rerelease of Veteran's "Chir Front"-missions as scripted campaign
  • minor tweaks and changes to subtitles and briefings
Edited by JG4_dingsda
  • Upvote 9

Thanks very much for the conversion downloaded and works great in new DX11

Not sure who to ask, but now all Veteran66 campaigns are converted including Tank missions, perhaps it is a good idea to re-upload to M4T? or give links to new D/L 

in the description?

It is a shame for many to miss out on these, and have frustrations of downloading non functioning missions in 2.06c from Mission4Today

Thanks again for both of your hard work

Cheers Dakpilot

Not sure who to ask, but now all Veteran66 campaigns are converted including Tank missions, perhaps it is a good idea to re-upload to M4T? or give links to new D/L

If Veteran had to upload them, he would be stuck with keeping them up-to-date again. But maybe he can put a link.

• Upvote 1

Can't progress past mission 1. We destroyed 3 IL2s, lost 2 109s while landing (must have been rookies) I taxied to the parking spot and shut down the engine beside the car. Mission result screen did not show any status (like Mission failed), only my score. This is with 2.007. 

• Upvote 1

Can't progress past mission 1. We destroyed 3 IL2s, lost 2 109s while landing (must have been rookies) I taxied to the parking spot and shut down the engine beside the car. Mission result screen did not show any status (like Mission failed), only my score. This is with 2.007. 

Same here....

All the new patches and versions change my missions negative.

Sorry I do not have the time to bring the missions to the latest IL2 version

Perhaps a mission creator can bring my missions up to date.

The 'accomplished'-condition is just to land, but there seems to be trouble with this condition triggering sometimes in mission one. You could always go on by just starting and landing again. If you should not want to do that, I think, it is better to end the mission on (or near) the runway.

All the new patches and versions change my missions negative.
Sorry I do not have the time to bring the missions to the latest IL2 version
Perhaps a mission creator can bring my missions up to date.

I understand that. Now that IL2 offers dlc campaigns, maybe you're interested in doing a Bf-110 campaign from Moscow to Kuban? As I did enjoy your campaigns for Clod I'd buy it in a second.

Edited by I./ZG1_Wittman

How do I get into the cockpit in first mission? Once it starts, I get the bird's eye view of the airfiled, then yellow intro text briefly, and then nothing! I.e. I still see the airfield with trucks running, fires burning and planes flying by, but I can't do anything except exiting the mission...

• Upvote 1

Be patient until the little scenerio plays out and voila, you are in ze cockpit.

How do I get into the cockpit in first mission? Once it starts, I get the bird's eye view of the airfiled, then yellow intro text briefly, and then nothing! I.e. I still see the airfield with trucks running, fires burning and planes flying by, but I can't do anything except exiting the mission...

I checked this and you are right. :( It seems that v2.008 broke the video display; this concerns the beginning of mission five as well. I will try to fix this as soon as I get some time.

I checked this and you are right. :( It seems that v2.008 broke the video display; this concerns the beginning of mission five as well. I will try to fix this as soon as I get some time.

Thx JG4_dingsda for your great help :)

No progress on this problem yet? If I delete mission 5 files from the campaign folder will this bugger up the remainder of the campaign?

No progress on this problem yet? If I delete mission 5 files from the campaign folder will this bugger up the remainder of the campaign?

I don't think so. There's a config file in the campaign folder that tells the game how many missions the campaign has, so that would probably have to be changed. It's a really short file so it's dead easy to edit.

I will address this the coming weekend. Should I not be able to fix the problem, I will put out a rump-version that at least allows to play parts of the campaign again.

As promised, I release a new version in which the videos should work again. IL-2 changed its internal videoplayer from bink to webmplayer, that is why they did not play anymore. Unfortunately the mission editor still asks in its advanced properties for .bik-files, because the filter does not allow for something else. That is why I renamed the .webm files to .bik. Pretty ugly, but does it for now. (It'll probably break again, when the devs adjust...) :)

I had a look at the mission objectives as well... with mixed results. Mission Accomplished is still not registered every time. I'll hope to fix that in the near future as well.  :salute:  

Edited by JG4_dingsda

Good day JG4_dingsda. The archive accidentally got files of type  "info.locale=xxx.txt"  from the campaign "JG51 over Velikie Luki".

I will play and translate this campaign into Russian.

In the previous version, my first mission was launched only from the view from the camera.

I hope now everything will be fine.

Thank you.

Good day JG4_dingsda. The archive accidentally got files of type "info.locale=xxx.txt" from the campaign "JG51 over Velikie Luki".

Oooops. You are right. Corrected. :blush:

I will play and translate this campaign into Russian.

That would be great! :)

In the previous version, my first mission was launched only from the view from the camera. I hope now everything will be fine.

The camera-thingey is fixed. There is sometimes trouble with the mission objective recognizing. Although I changed a few things now, I am not sure it is correct yet. I hope I will be able to fix that too in the future.

Edited by JG4_dingsda

Hi dinsda,

not having much luck. I deleted the old Folder but could not extract the data folder so I put it in the campaign folder manually. I can now open mission 5 and fly it myself but the rest of my flight sits on the run way with one of them facing the wrong way????

Hello Pierre,

the data-extraction just worked fine on my part.

The fifth mission starts in parking. I tested again and had the AI doing some nice donuts. :wacko: So this seems to have changed as well. Two of them made it in my trial, but this seems to be no guarantee ... I will look into this, but it may take some time, because I will be without a computer the coming weekends. Well, maybe we will make it to a stable version oneday, that does not break every other update ... :unsure:

Successful mission 1 doesnt progress to mission2.....

I uploaded a new version 1.02. I think I found out, what prevented the mission from registering as accomplished sometimes; this should work now. :)

Still: Since version 2.008 the AI likes doing donuts while taxiing (in mission one and five). I hope I can fix this in the near future, too ... probably together with what breaks in 2.009. ;)

Edited by JG4_dingsda

Tried 1.02 version yesterday, could not progress from mission 1 to 2. Two of the AI pilots did wild circles entering the runway, but both took off eventualy.

Tried 1.02 version yesterday, could not progress from mission 1 to 2.

I need more information regarding this. If the after-mission briefing either states "mission accomplished" or "mission failure", then everything is alright. Should neither of the two appear above the stats, this would mean, that the bug is still there.

So should anyone still come across the situation, that neither "accomplished" nor "failure" is indicated in the after mission briefing, let me know it here.

No, it was neither accomplished, nor failure. It also had zero flight time logged, although I used almost all the fuel.

No, it was neither accomplished, nor failure. It also had zero flight time logged, although I used almost all the fuel.

I confirm this. I have the same problem. Twice passed and on the second mission does not switch/

When translating into Russian in text files such as "01 Chir Front.rus", etc. there is no "End of Mission" line. Maybe it will help.

Edited by Kosman72

I expected this to be gone... I might have failed when uploading the files (would not be the first time). I will recheck when at my computer again. Thank you for your input!