TrackIR and FFB working together cause terrible stuttering.

DirtyRotnFlieger

[MoKaMbO]jrepas

+1 same here

• Sadly I buy the game about half a year (in the christmas discount) and Its still unplayable for me
  • Reinstalled from steam
  • Reinstalled from Web client
  • Nvidia drivers up to date
  • TrackIR enabled
  • MSFFB2
  • 160-40 FPS stuttering
  • 0-100% camera sensitivity wont work at all (and simply dont like it)
  • waiting for a fix

:dry:

Edited by jrepas

9./JG27DavidRed

yeah the camera smoothing is just a really bad workaround but definitely no FIX for the problem.

[MoKaMbO]jrepas

yeah the camera smoothing is just a really bad workaround but definitely no FIX for the problem.

IMHO: Those who are playing TIR with linear curve + TIR smoothness dont need to add extra camera smoothness.

VBF-12_Stick-95

Could it be that certain versions of TrackIRs have different levels of stuttering?  I have a MS FFB2 and a TrackIR v3 with 6DoF license.  I did set my Smoothness to 100% to solve the stuttering I was experiencing.  Anyone else with a TrackIR v3 that is having the stutter issue with Smoothing at 100%?  I also have a newer PC build which could be helping.  I'm just wondering if the newer TrackIRs are possibly having more of an issue with this.

A different issue I am having is that the MS FFB2 starts juddering once in flight about 80% of the time.  Only way to stop it is to go into Key Mapping and back out again.  Sometimes it takes more than once before it stops.

=FCU=PetSild

This bug is here since Rise of Flight and then just copied the whole IL-2 serie. It is strange that the stuttering BOS was suppressed under the DX9 engine. Unfortunately the DEV is not able to for half a year to remove the defect! I recommend to fly other simulators that can handle smoothly the combination of TrackIR and MSFFB2 without stuttering.

This bug is here since Rise of Flight and then just copied the whole IL-2 serie. It is strange that the stuttering BOS was suppressed under the DX9 engine. Unfortunately the DEV is not able to for half a year to remove the defect! I recommend to fly other simulators that can handle smoothly the combination of TrackIR and MSFFB2 without stuttering.

agre 100%. dev team don't took any eyes about this bug. never did.

• 2 weeks later...
I/JG2_Saladin

For those who tried the MS FF2 its nearly unthinkable to go back to no FF Sticks. So i am waiting for TF 4.5... Its a known issue but nothing new from the BOS devs. They certainly have better to do...

1PL-Husar-1Esk

I'm and two teammates from 307th are using MSFF2s daily without complaining... There were issues, it is not perfect but I can say it's enough to enjoy the sim.

I/JG2_Saladin

Look at the topic... many people are upset by this issue and i am one of them. I started Flight Sim in the 20th century so i think i know a little about it.

Edited by I/JG2_Saladin

1PL-Husar-1Esk

Look at the topic... many people are upset by this issue and i am one of them. I started Flight Sim in the 20th century so i think i know a little about it.

I offered only facts and hundreds of hours spend in that sim with both MSFF2 and TrackIR, I do not deny yours and others problems and it is not important how long ago you started Siming....  If you would read it all (the thread) i had same issues as you and others have too, but things changed to me and my teammates.... 

Edited by 307_Tomcat

I offered only facts and hundreds of hours spend in that sim with both MSFF2 and TrackIR, I do not deny yours and others problems and it is not important how long ago you started Siming....  If you would read it all (the thread) i had same issues as you and others have too, but things changed to me and my teammates.... 

"i had same issues as you and others have too, but things changed to me and my teammates..."   

...So 307_tomcat do you and your teammates received any kind of "reserved and prioritarie solution" from 1C dev team about this problem??  can you tell us about this? thank you ..

Edited by EAF_51_FOX

9./JG27DavidRed

well...this bug is here ever since, like the devs confirmed...i just really hope they soon will give as a fix for this...like tomcat says...you can live with it and the game is not totally unplayable once you get used to it...but it takes quite a bit of time to accustome to it...a fix is needed...having said that...i really really hope, that they not only fix this bug, but also revisit the whole FFB experience in this sim...i dont know who it was who implemented it, but frankly, he must not have flown a real aircraft, otherwise we wouldnt have silly shaking effects on the ground, or this really really annoying gun-shake effect, while the buffeting itself, which should be noticeable on the stick, in contrary to the other two aformentioned effects, is pretty much missing completely...a shame really, and this is one issue, why im still waiting with future investments in this sim...

..moreover FFB applied when you pitch or roll is quite inexistant.. should be at least doubled. Real feeling FFB should be one of the priority of any FLIGHT sim game like it is in WHEEL FFB any DRIVING game.

Edited by EAF_51_FOX

1PL-Husar-1Esk

"i had same issues as you and others have too, but things changed to me and my teammates..."   

...So 307_tomcat do you and your teammates received any kind of "reserved and prioritarie solution" from 1C dev team about this problem??  can you tell us about this? thank you ..

Don't be silly.  Definitely what helped me and my friends were new high clock cpus, g-syn monitors and high end gpus plus in game setting like no vsync, no fps limiter plus windowed mode.

btw those FF effects like on ground and during shooting  were added because "players" wanted them.... (were asking about them).

Don't be silly.  Definitely what helped me and my friends were new high clock cpus, g-syn monitors and high end gpus plus in game setting like no vsync, no fps limiter plus windowed mode.

btw those FF effects like on ground and during shooting  were added because "players" wanted them.... (were asking about them).

Don't be stupid. Do you think this "solution" by you and your teammate can be a solution for the most of people as to play correctly w/o studder this game?..To buy high-end PC components? ..

And please show us where you have found that shaking in ground handling manouvers or firing was ever asked "...by players..".

Shaking ground/firing FFB is present till the release of the game so is NOT a "players request" , and IF you take prove about this request "..from players.." may be from some of them but surely not from the most part of them as even in "old" Il2-1946 this shaking-firing was hated and classified as unrealistic and aiming-kill from totality of FFB players.

Edited by EAF_51_FOX

9./JG27DavidRed

they are stupid and have nothing to do with reality...so if gamers want them, ok...but make them at least optional as simmers and real life pilots dont like them.

Edited by 9./JG27DavidRed

9./JG27golani79

FFB effects on the ground and when shooting for the stick would be nice to have as an option - I have to say I don´t like it that much.

Would welcome a higher force for buffeting etc. .. don´t like to change the overall forces because this also would make forces on the ground and for shooting stronger.

In regards of FFB in combination with TrackIR it would be nice if the devs could manage to find a solution although this seems to be a bug which already exists for ages.

The workaround with camera smoothing isn´t really that good.

Edited by 9./JG27golani79

I have the feeling that it's when we use the joystick that the problem appear.

When i use the autolevel, or when i am on a steady flight, i have no problem, but as soon, i go down or up, i have the problem.

1PL-Husar-1Esk

Don't be stupid. Do you think this "solution" by you and your teammate can be a solution for the most of people as to play correctly w/o studder this game?..To buy high-end PC components? ..

And please show us where you have found that shaking in ground handling manouvers or firing was ever asked "...by players..".

Shaking ground/firing FFB is present till the release of the game so is NOT a "players request" , and IF you take prove about this request "..from players.." may be from some of them but surely not from the most part of them as even in "old" Il2-1946 this shaking-firing was hated and classified as unrealistic and aiming-kill from totality of FFB players.

First try understanding what are you reading, there are no solution to that problem, there are things that will help lessen the "issue" if you don't what try them don't and don't cry like little baby. Meybe someday they will find solution to that or not so any help from my side is better that just whining from yours. 

they are stupid and have nothing to do with reality...so if gamers want them, ok...but make them at least optional as simmers and real life pilots dont like them.

Sure i don't like them to, but also remember devs talking about that they bring affects to the game back from ROF because of request - if you remember at the beginning they weren't there. I can't image who would like them and requested them but someone did.

First try understanding what are you reading, there are no solution to that problem, there are things that will help lessen the "issue" if you don't what try them don't and don't cry like little baby. Meybe someday they will find solution to that or not so any help from my side is better that just whining from yours. 

Sure i don't like them to, but also remember devs talking about that they bring affects to the game back from ROF because of request - if you remember at the beginning they weren't there. I can't image who would like them and requested them but someone did.

I understand very well what I read.. at the opposite of you that have write in this tread lots of nonsense and asserted players preferences abot FFB features never told by anyone here. I've not complainded in any dramatic way about FFB+TIR=Studders reported in this tread, this is -Technical Issues and Bug report- tread , do you realize that? seem not, as you just have wrote here that : "..you and your teammates.. have solved in another way..."  and after my digging about this assertion you tell us "..I and my teammates have solved purchasing high-end PC components.."  great contribution to the tread my congratulations ...Surely this is a great contribution to the tread,

oh yes!..

thank you Mr TomCat!. :lol: 

May you stop EAf_51_Fox, maybe the answer is not what you want to hear, but it's an answer. If a powerfull configuration solve the problem (i would like the description of the configurations), it's an help. In all that thread, there are not a lot usefull contribution except complain. If you list all the posts, you can read many posts which report unplayable, etc... but without any informations : map, altitude, combat, etc...

307_Tomcat, may you post the spec of your and teammate PC please.

And if some of you can test what i wrotte yesterday about steady flight, that could help.

1PL-Husar-1Esk

I understand very well what I read.. at the opposite of you that have write in this tread lots of nonsense and asserted players preferences abot FFB features never told by anyone here. I've not complainded in any dramatic way about FFB+TIR=Studders reported in this tread, this is -Technical Issues and Bug report- tread , do you realize that? seem not, as you just have wrote here that : "..you and your teammates.. have solved in another way..." and after my digging about this assertion you tell us "..I and my teammates have solved purchasing high-end PC components.." great contribution to the tread my congratulations ...Surely this is a great contribution to the tread,

oh yes!..

thank you Mr TomCat!. :lol:

Haha you make my day sweetheart :)

9./JG27golani79

May you stop EAf_51_Fox, maybe the answer is not what you want to hear, but it's an answer. If a powerfull configuration solve the problem (i would like the description of the configurations), it's an help. In all that thread, there are not a lot usefull contribution except complain. If you list all the posts, you can read many posts which report unplayable, etc... but without any informations : map, altitude, combat, etc...

307_Tomcat, may you post the spec of your and teammate PC please.

And if some of you can test what i wrotte yesterday about steady flight, that could help.

Not sure if powerful components alone will solve the problem as I have quite a powerful rig myself.

The only thing I don´t have is a gsync display.

i7 6700k

GTX 970

32GB DDR4

Asus Z170 Pro

Willt try though how it is with Vsync disabled, unlimited fps and windowed mode.

edit:

Different settings (Vsync, FPS limiter, Windowed) don´t change anything for me - as soon as I use the stick the motion starts to get choppy.

Edited by 9./JG27golani79

I'm sorry for not reading though the thread fully. Forgive me if this has been raised already. 

Has anyone using Win 10 tried disabling "connected user experiences" in the services section. I use an MS sidewinder and opentrack and, whilst ive never experienced the described stutter in BOS, I did in CLoD and this pretty much sorted it.    

Not sure if powerful components alone will solve the problem as I have quite a powerful rig myself.

That's what i think, and that's why i would like to have the configuration to find the problem (your configuration is what i call a powerfull configuration, a real gamer configuration). You talk about Gsync, it could be interresting to know if Tomcat has one or not.

If i understand your answer, if you use the auto level, you don't have the problem, and as soon you use the stick, you have the problem.

9./JG27golani79

If i understand your answer, if you use the auto level, you don't have the problem, and as soon you use the stick, you have the problem.

Yes - when using auto level the problem seems to be gone.

EAF51_Finch

I confirm the issue, only when the autolevel is on the trackir is fine

I'm uploading a video on youtube

here is the video : as you can see, when the autopilot is on then the tracking is fine

Edited by EAF51_Finch

Thx Finch. I would like more report about that.

Petshild, i didn't read it until i found that, maybe i missed the post. Anyway, it's usefull to work with the current version.

I need more report with the current version to validate that fact.

EAF51_Finch

Thx Finch. I would like more report about that.

Petshild, i didn't read it until i found that, maybe i missed the post. Anyway, it's usefull to work with the current version.

I need more report with the current version to validate that fact.

I want to add, as everybody reported here, that the FPS are the same, the problem is only in the head movement, if you keep your visual steady (you dont move your head) you don't notice it, because there are no stutters at all, but only the head movement is stuttering. One thing I'll try later at home is to use the keboard or the mouse to move the visual and see if it also happens.

Edited by EAF51_Finch

VBF-12_Stick-95

I did a test.  I turned my Smoothing to zero.  While in regular flight mode the stuttering was severe.  If I placed the plane on autolevel the stuttering was still present, though maybe not as bad.

1PL-Husar-1Esk

That's what i think, and that's why i would like to have the configuration to find the problem (your configuration is what i call a powerfull configuration, a real gamer configuration). You talk about Gsync, it could be interresting to know if Tomcat has one or not.

Yes i have g-sync monitor and 4.5 Ghz CPU. I think when you turn ON autopilot, input devices are disabled and same with force feedback that why you don't see stutters. Any way I don't have that kind of stutters presented in that cam video, and i have smoothnes set to 50.

Edited by 307_Tomcat

EAF51_Finch

Yes i have g-sync monitor and 4.5 Ghz CPU. I think when you turn off autopilot, input devices are disabled and same with force feedback that why you don't see stutters. Any way I don't have that kind of stutters presented in that cam video, and i have smoothnes set to 50.

mine was set to 50 also but you can clearly see the stutters, maybe you wanted to say "when you turn ON autopilot the input devices are disabled"

Edited by EAF51_Finch

EAF51_Finch

a little update... tested moving the view around with the keyboard when the trackir is active and I have the stutters, and it's fine, no problems... but only if i turn my head with the keyboard

Edited by EAF51_Finch

Hi all and Habu aka phoenix , i will write this post in two languages : one in english for everyone , and below , one in french to be sure habu and i are on the same line as we are both french .

First of all , yep when i m on autolevel there' s no more stuttering , same thing that what you have experimented  . 

The view movement is back to fluid no more stutt exactly like  before those problem appears and same as  when i m disabling ffb in game settings or when i disabling Tir and use mouse in one word back to normal included with my usual smoothness settings  which is 0 %.

Yes  i' ve tested both with my "usual" smoothness settings which was 0  (when i say usual i mean  the smooth settings i use before stutt appears  ) AND with my walk around setting of 100 % smoothness .

I actually use  100 % smoothness and i' ve increased the speed of my Tir in the Tir driver , to tell the truth , it s playable , but not as smooth and gently as it should be , and as it is when ffb is off or when auto level on , or when i shut down Tir and use mouse ...or  as it was before .

So yes autolevel on --- > stutt off ;)

Bon en français pour etre sur qu on se comprend bien .

J ai teste le tracking en me mettant en autolevel , effectivement , plus de stutt' , le tracking redevient totalement fluide et ce y compris quand je remet mes reglages "normaux" sur le smoothness , ceux d' avant les soucis dont on parle : en l occurence  j avais un reglage de smoothness a 0 ( lire zero) .

Depuis pour contourner le truc j ai mis 100 % et accelere mes courbes dans le driver du track ir  pour compenser .

C est pas parfait mais ca le fait , c est jouable pour etre honnete mais ca reste desagreable y a toujours une certaine latence , un decalage en fait entre "l ordre" qu on donne en tournant la tete et ce qui se passe a l ecran . Minime  mais present quand meme . Alors que si je laisse 0 , la c est la cata j attrappe le mal de mer ...

Donc  pour tester j ai  remis zero en smoothness et en effet en autolevel on revient a la normale pas de stutt c' est juste comme avant et idem avec 100 en smoothness .

Si je resume  voila les differentes conditions qui font que je recupere un tracking normal denué de stutt' :

- si je coupe le ffb dans les reglages du jeu ca fonctionne .

- si je coupe le track ir et utilise la souris a la place ca fonctionne .

- et donc suite a ta demande j ai teste sur autolevel et ca fonctionne aussi dans ce cas . C est marrant , je m en suis servi plein de fois , mais vu que je m en sers juste pour regarder la carte , en fait j avais pas fait gaffe que le tracking redevenait normal .

Ptet que vu qu en autolevel y a pas de ffb  ...ca aurait  un rapport  ? 

Je sais pas si cette remarque a un interet , et quoiqu il en soit elle n' appelle pas de reponse .

Voili voilo , n hesite pas a me solliciter via pm si t as besoin de mener des tests particuliers  ,  ce serait vraiment bien qu on se debarasse de ce probleme !

Edited by -LaFrench-13Nrv

Thx 13NRV.

I think there is FF when we use the autolevel, because the joystick is hard. It could be an help to find a fix for the problem.

13 NRV, merci pour tes tests. Je pense que le FF est actif car le manche est dure, et pas mou comme lorsque le FF n'est pas actif. Je pense que ça peut être une piste pour essayer de résoudre le problème. Si j'ai besoin pour des tests, je te solliciterais. Merci pour la proposition.

EAF51_Finch

Thx 13NRV.

I think there is FF when we use the autolevel, because the joystick is hard. It could be an help to find a fix for the problem.

13 NRV, merci pour tes tests. Je pense que le FF est actif car le manche est dure, et pas mou comme lorsque le FF n'est pas actif. Je pense que ça peut être une piste pour essayer de résoudre le problème. Si j'ai besoin pour des tests, je te solliciterais. Merci pour la proposition.

I can confirm...

Autolevel ON = force feedback active and no stutters with trackir

Autopilot ON = force feedback deactivated and no stutters with trackir

Autopilot and Autolevel OFF = force feedback active and heavy stutters with trackir

hope they can find a solution soon