6./ZG26_5tuka

Ju-87 D-3 4K Template

Finished on the chipping and scratches today and am quite happy with the results. Most of the smaller scratches are difficult to see form a distance but add nice detail in closeup shots or when looking outside the cockpit.

I'm still open for criticism and soon entering bug fixing phase. And of course here's a couple of screen for you (keep in mind I turned weathering up to max in the following screenshots for testing purpose):

8wio7pb.jpg

RYGOMPH.jpg

I just found myself recovering from a rather heavy case of sudden uncontiousness, due to sheer fascination. If I could only stop the drooling...

MAN! This is the definition of awesome! Thank you so much for your effort and the energy of Thor's hammer to you for your future projects! :salute:

• Upvote 2

Can cockpit textures be 4k as well now?

Not yet, that will eventually require mod support.

Btw, sry for the lack of updates. Bugfixing took some time but basicly the template is ready. Just waiting for some internal feedback before releasing it to public.

• Upvote 3

So here it finally is ready for some skinning love! Download link can be found in the initial post.

I want to use this opportunity by saying thank you to all kind supporters of the project. It's not always easy to take some extra effort to build sth new from ground up and positive feedback helps a lot in the process.

• Upvote 1

Then I started redrawing the paintscheme and details like stencils and markings to appear sharp and crisp and carefully matching them with the ofiicial template (position, size). This is also important to make it match the bump map, which currently can not be modified.

I've done the same for a few FSX/P3D addons. Incredibly time consuming process. Hats off to you mate for taking the time to do this.

Thanks 5tuka!!  Just saw this today.  We really need one pinned admin thread for all the 4k skins. 

EDIT - Just putting them in the "Skin templates links" thread listed separately probably makes the most sense.  https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/13615-skin-templates-links/?p=214579

Edited by 12.OIAE_Stick-95

Desaturate the "Glycol 50/50" service marking by 50% and you have a winner. It's way to black IMO.

Thanks! I'm far form a professional artist but glad I could contribute to the 4k sevelopment.

Desaturate the "Glycol 50/50" service marking by 50% and you have a winner. It's way to black IMO.

By desaturated do you mean made it brighter / lowered contrast?

Couldn't find many pictures with it so I went by my primary refference which depicts it as black.

May you add the svatiska in your template which give the possibility to the skinner to use it or not. 

• Upvote 1

ok so i tested one of the 4K skins yesterday (took me a little while to find it in custom skin area on loadout screen)

Anyways while it seems to look a little nicer from a far i still get the same low quality skin when i zoom in.
See below the Low Quality area i marked with red.. this is still chunk as
Uk5Av4Z.jpg

Do i need to alter the startup.cfg and change Detail_rt_res to run 4K properly.

[KEY = graphics]
      detail_rt_res = 1024 (default 1k :o: )

Should this not be?

[KEY = graphics]
      detail_rt_res = 4096 (4k)

Edited by =r4t=Sshadow14

May you add the svatiska in your template which give the possibility to the skinner to use it or not. 

Thanks for the suggestion, will consider it for the next version.

ok so i tested one of the 4K skins yesterday (took me a little while to find it in custom skin area on loadout screen)

Anyways while it seems to look a little nicer from a far i still get the same low quality skin when i zoom in.

[KEY = graphics]

Should this not be?

[KEY = graphics]

If you fully zoom in on an aircraft as close as that ingame it's about equal to 400% magnification. That means in order to have the same detail as zoomed out you need 4 times the resolution (16k or 16392x16392). Since that is not possible we'll have to live with what it is (mind you it's already twice the resolution ofthe standard skin. Try that in comparison and judge the difference).

Don't know what the KEY = graphics value means. I treid it a while back with no noticeable difference. It has nothing to do with aircraft skins though.

Edit: 4096 res is by no means "low quality", it's standard among all modern flight sims.

Edited by 6./ZG26_5tuka

Uk5Av4Z.jpg

[KEY = graphics]

Should this not be?

[KEY = graphics]

I have not yet heard what rt_res does but it seems to affect ground textures a lot. Don't know if it affects plane textures or textures in general.

Edited by 216th_Jordan

i have been doing a lot of testing with

Detail_rt_res in combination with Terrain.cfg file to see if there is a visual difference will do some proper comparisons

Ok after some testing i have found out that the texture quality of planes is Directly effected by the Graphics presets
And it seem they all look different and only Ultra looks anything near 4K

So i think if you want to run 4K skins you MUST be running the game on ULTRA preset

LMAO i feel silly.

i downloaded the Default Stuka skin in 4K from somewhere on this forum but now i can't find the link to share with my friend ? was it removed

Not sure who made it think it was you its just the STOCK Stuka skin in 4K
i think i renammed the copy i have so this might not be the filename you used.
Ju-87_D-3_Default_4k.dds

LMAO i feel silly.

i downloaded the Default Stuka skin in 4K from somewhere on this forum but now i can't find the link to share with my friend ? was it removed

Not removed, it's in the official Ju 87 skins thread: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/13722-ju-87-d3-skins/page-5?do=findComment&comment=431811

There's also another 4k skin made by Harmann.

Thats why i lost it.. its with 2K skins. (forum mods please put it in here its a great skin that deserves use.)

also when you "skinners" make a skin can you choose somehow which of the ingame camo's it replaces
as i tried to use he-111 Adler Blaue (lufthansa) on a winter map as its a mostly white skin.
but my friend said all he could see was a black plane.(i think even a plane matt black skin like textureless)

so can skinners make sure white skins or winter camos match up with respective ingame camo??

Edited by =r4t=Sshadow14

When you download a custom skin and put it in the game files it will not replace any of the existing ingame skins. People who don't have the same skin (the exactly same named file that is) will see the default ingame livery instead of your custom one. That's probably why your friend saw a "black" skin (more likely dark green). This is nothing we have controll of other than the name of the skin file (yet the name can easily be changed by the user to avoid conflicts).

ohh ok. Soo all customs skins show just the default first skin the plane comes with if others dont have it..

but not random skins.. so if i use it on summer map i wont randomly get a winter map skin for everyone else to spot em with..
cool

@6./ZG26_5tuka

Thank you very much for this Template, I doing right now some skins related the SG3 for my Finland scenario. Some will be read next by week :)

So looking pretty good :)  :good:  :salute:

Greetings

RaFiGer

Thx Rafiger though I have an updated version in the works right now (together with a high detail normal map) if you don't mind to wait.

• Upvote 2

@6./ZG26_5tuka

Sure, of course even better, no problem to wait.

The paint schemes I anyway could do with the "old" Template ;) Hope you like them...

So I'm very exited about your Improvements :)

Greetings

RaFiGer

Edited by RaFiGer

Links in first post updated with the new templates and Normalmap. Description with changes added. I'll also add a default ingame skin for download later on.

Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

@6./ZG26_5tuka

Thank you very much looking very, very good & well done :)

These are the skins I'm working on right now (Out of the Book from Hannu Valtonen, Lenta-Osasto Kuhlmey):

post-13538-0-41815600-1493401526_thumb.jpg

Hopefully I will finish them by mid next week ;)

Greetings

RaFiGer

Edited by RaFiGer
  • Upvote 1

В 20.12.2016 в 13:35, 6./ZG26_5tuka сказал:

This is the public release version of my Ju 87 D-3 4k skin template. Everything has been rebuild from ground up, tweaked and refined to match the higher quality stabdards of 4096x4096 resolution.

Thank you for the template! Based on your template and part of the template developers, I made two skins for myself. 

Ju 87D-3 "Mieze" T6+DC - aircraft ot the Stab II./St.G.2 "Immelmann.

2018_2_12__21_22_6.jpg2018_2_13__22_1_11.jpg

2018_3_4__13_4_46.jpg2018_3_6__19_14_15.jpg

Edited by FoxbatRU

@6./ZG26_5tuka Thanks for making this great skin available!

I have what it is probably a super-noob question. I have noticed that many skins include an alpha-template, what is it for?
So far I have successfully added personalized skins to the game using the regular template and the normal map, but I am not clear about the usage of the alpha templates.
Thanks in advance for any reply.

Posted (edited)

What a great template! Thanks a lot for your great work. I'm totally newbye in 2D art...but I'll try to do a Regia Aeronautica Ju87 D3 historical livery.

Just a question about normal map downloadable from the first post...I'm not sure what to do with thaty...do I need to place it inside the custom livery aircraft folder?

Thanks for any hint and feedback

Edited by 4SCT_Vespa