JimTM

IL-2 ME and MP Server Manual - Issues

Please use this thread to report issues and feedback for the IL-2 Sturmovik Mission Editor and Multiplayer Server Manual and the accompanying sample missions and groups.

Keep in mind that this is a part-time endeavor for me, so it may take awhile to make corrections and consider suggestions. 

Please use this format:

Issue Type:  Number Only (1 = Spelling, Grammar, Clarity, Broken Links, Etc.  2 = Technical Accuracy  3 = Suggestion for Improvement)

Edition:        Copy bottom of front page

Topic:          Topic heading

Issue:          One-line description of issue. Please be specific, for example, "Missing Target Link in Second Screenshot" rather than "Problem with Screenshot".

Details:        Long description of issue

Discussion: (Optional) - Link to separate extended discussion post with title "FME Manual Issue - text from Issue line". The separate post keeps this thread clean and easier for me to monitor.

Issue Type:   

Edition:         

Topic:           

Issue:          

Details:        

Discussion:  

Thanks in advance for all the feedback!

JimTM
Edited by JimTM
  • Upvote 1

Issue Tipe: 3

Edition:

Topic: Stats

Issue:

Details: May be interesting to insert a chapter about setting up stats for a multiplayer server. The readme included with Il2_stats is difficult for most people. A step by step guide would help most willing to setup a server. I know it's a side matter, but would complete the multiplayer server guide. Outstanding work btw.

Discussion

Edited by FS_Fenice_1965
  • Upvote 1

Issue Type:   2

Edition:        Pre-Release Edition One

Topic:          Detect Objects In Relation to a Defined Area

Issue:          Missing a Step in the Check Zone Trigger Procedures

Details:        Missing step 4 in "Detect Objects Entering an Area or Already In an Area" and "Detect Objects Exiting an Area or Already Out of an Area".

Step 4: Target link the check zone trigger to another MCU that you want to trigger when an object is detected.

Discussion:

Issue Type:   3

Edition:         Pre-Release Edition One

Topic:           Make Areas Smoke Due to Damage

Issue:           Add an example for the city_fire effect to make the use of the effect sustainer clear.

Details:         See this post for an example mission.

Discussion:  

Edited by JimTM

Issue Type:   3

Edition:         Pre-Release Edition One

Topic:            Animation Operator Translator

Media Translator

Issue:            Add information on where to place the audio file

Details:          See this post for details.

Discussion:  

Issue Type: 2

Edition: Pre Release Edition  One

Topic: Sample Missions And Groups For FME Manual

Issue: They won’t open 

Details: When I try to open a sample mission I get the message “Error reading file,” so I went to the missions in the game itself and tried to open them there, with no luck. I then went to where there are screen shots of the sample missions in the manual. “Attack  a Defended Factory” on pg. 125, as one example. I was hoping there might be some info there on how to open it, but no luck. I went to “Sample Missions and Group,” on pg 7, but that was no help either. On the “Groups,” they became available in the library and I could place them in the view port,  but they were “inanimate.” As an example, the “Damage Display Switch;” when I clicked on say one of the timers to get properties, nothing happened. Its not clickable. I’ve spent two nights  pouring through the Manual , which I already had printed out and bound in a note book (all 300+ pages) and was unable to come up with a solution.

Discussion:

• Upvote 1

Issue Type: 2

Edition: Pre Release Edition  One

Topic: Sample Missions And Groups For FME Manual

Issue: They won’t open 

Details: When I try to open a sample mission I get the message “Error reading file,” so I went to the missions in the game itself and tried to open them there, with no luck. I then went to where there are screen shots of the sample missions in the manual. “Attack  a Defended Factory” on pg. 125, as one example. I was hoping there might be some info there on how to open it, but no luck. I went to “Sample Missions and Group,” on pg 7, but that was no help either. On the “Groups,” they became available in the library and I could place them in the view port,  but they were “inanimate.” As an example, the “Damage Display Switch;” when I clicked on say one of the timers to get properties, nothing happened. Its not clickable. I’ve spent two nights  pouring through the Manual , which I already had printed out and bound in a note book (all 300+ pages) and was unable to come up with a solution.

Discussion:

Thanks for posting the issue Victor_Chevic. See this post for further discussion.

Edited by JimTM

Issue Type:  2

Edition:  Pre-Release Edition One      

Topic: Play Video         

Issue: Format not valid anymore        

Details: IL-2 now uses webmplayer to display videos. Unfortunately the filter in the media operator advanced properties dialog still asks for .bik. So it has to be a webm video that is saved with a .bik-fileextension. (Will report this to mission editor bugs as well, if I can find that section ;))      

Discussion: 

• Upvote 2

Issue Type:   1

Edition:        Pre-Release Edition One 

Topic:           Check Zone Trigger (Page 276)

Issue:          Lack of clarity for using the MCUs for Multiplayer - Dogfight/Deathmatch

Details:        The manual doesn't specify how the MCUs, like Trigger:Check zone and/or Trigger:Proximity doesn't work on a Multiplayer Dogfight server unless its a Dserver (dedicated server).

• Thanks 1