Sign in to follow this  
=X51=Baseketboll

FME Manual Issue - Lack of clarity for using the MCUs for Multiplayer - Dogfight/Deathmatch

Posted (edited)

This topic is for detailed discussion of this post.

Issue Type:   1

Edition:        Pre-Release Edition One 

Topic:           Check Zone Trigger (Page 276)

Issue:          Lack of clarity for using the MCUs for Multiplayer - Dogfight/Deathmatch

Details:        The manual doesn't specify how the MCUs, like Trigger:Check zone and/or Trigger:Proximity doesn't work on a Multiplayer Dogfight server unless its a Dserver (dedicated server).

Discussion:  

If you don't mind me suggesting here... The manual should say how the MCUs, like Trigger:Check zone and/or Trigger:Proximity doesn't work on a Multiplayer Dogfight server unless its a Dserver (dedicated server).
I literally used my free time of 3 days on a row, reading the manual and testing until I figured out I wasn't doing things badly. 

This is for more people not lose time and getting frustrating about things that aren't working. Also, If MCUs have are able or disable for specific modes (single/campain/multiplayer) the manual is the best place to find all the information.

Edited by =X51=Baseketboll
clarify

Thanks for the issue post Baseketboll. FYI, I wrote the manual well before the in-game server creation option was implemented, so the problem did not exist then. I'm hoping that the developers can resolve the problem some day soon as that would be preferable to noting the problem in the manual. However, due to real-life issues, I don't have the time to put much work into the manual (and it will require a massive amount of work, including some heavy-duty research and testing) so an update is far away. I hope that the the current version of the manual is enough to get people over most of the hump, with forum posts like this filling in the gaps.

• Like 1

You did a great job with it. Very Well Done 👌

I understand. Hopefully these threads help other ppl not to get stuck with those mechanisms like i did. :)