GVL224

Iron mechanic (Throttle) motor control (axes)

2 минуты назад, Thor_H сказал:

Can you make a replica of the P-40 throttle? If so, whats the cost?

If it allows the principle of construction of my mechanics, then yes.
The main difference is the pushing out of the arms and the shape of the arms.

If only I had a way to wire it... :) It fits perfectly on top of that post.

urxWyGauQxncACGMaz-QQawi2eAsh8u2G5V40aae

Very nice work.  Any chance you can make an offest for the Virpil T-50?  I've got the extensions, but I'd like to get the grip closer to me without interfering with the seat of my chair.

GVL224 don't make stick extensions. 

Know manufactures is VirPil, MFG, Sahaj - but all straight.

Only VKB make a 20 cm with some "S" offset - but is compatible only with their own Gunfighter base.

Some guys are experimenting create curved/offset extension with 3D Printer:

http://forums.eagle.ru:8080/showthread.php?t=209442

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3571984

Very nice! So, is that meant for steering wheels?

6 часов назад, LukeFF сказал:

Very nice! So, is that meant for steering wheels?

Yes, more precisely for the boat :)

• Thanks 1

Well I guess I'm up next in the que. Vitalij sent me a schematic yesterday to make sure everything was as discussed before starting. It's the basic Sturmovik model but I asked if some of the toggles could be turned 90` to operate left/right instead of front/back. Those will be roll and yaw trim. That plus re-labeling some of the other toggles....very excited...:biggrin:

M1Throttle.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

So, I'd been scratching my head wondering how to best use the radio frequency knob on my controller, since it has three key presses wired to it (one pushbutton, and two POV commands - one for clockwise and one for counter-clockwise). I finally came up with a solution tonight that should reduce how much I have to use the keyboard for radio commands:

• The pushbutton is assigned to the Change Radio Frequency command
  • The first POV command is assigned to F2
  • The second POV command is assigned to F3

I used F2 and F3, because those are always the function keys used to select Flight Leader Orders and Gunner Commands, respectively. So, that way, the rotation of the knob works like the pilot choosing to use squadron comms channel or the aircraft's internal intercom (when flying a plane with gunners onboard). With it like this, I can then use the button on top of the throttle to bring up the radio command menu (which in reality was used for radio comms), and then select who I want to send a message to by rotating the knob. The bonus is that, if the specific command I want to use is F2 or F3, it's just another rotation of the knob instead of having to use the keyboard. :) 

Just placed my order for a RUD 4. Very excited 🤩

Mine arrived, and I have to say that I am very impressed by the quality of the build.  The body is solid metal, tightly fit, with labeling that is crisp and etched into the finish. The mechanics feel solid, the switches are a positive *click*, and the handles are made from a strong resin.  It reminds me of a device made for old aircraft: metal and bakelite.  I even just noticed that the P-47 has almost these exact same style switches for some controls. I love it.  That plane in particular is a lot more fun to fly with levers for Throttle/RPM/Mix/Turbosupercharger, a dial for Oil Rad, and the wheels for Intercooler and Cowl Flaps.  Really get a nice tactile feel for each control with none of the gamey-ness of a keyboard.     

The unit does everything exactly as I want it to.  I couldn't be more happy with it.  There are also little touches that show the quality of the workmanship and thought that goes into it, like how the travel on the Levers is blocked by horizontal screws that have rubber sleeves on them so that it doesn't make a clack when you hit the stop, just a satisfying thud. I'm not at all worried about throwing the throttle hardish to the stops.  Nothing can snap, it's all metal!  The unit has some heft to it, and has nice rubber feet on the bottom that keep it from sliding very effectively. My favorite things about it the build are the thumbwheel on the bottom of the throttle and the encoder on the front.  That gives me head zoom and gunsight range on my left hand, freeing my hat switch up for trim!  That's really nice, I hadn't flown that way before.   All the buttons on the throttle are really nice for TIR management, Teamspeak, wheel brakes, gunsight modes, and other random stuff. 

Note:  The basic Windows device utility does not see all the buttons (it can only see 32), but IL2/RoF/DCS can bind all the buttons/axes/sliders/encoders without any 3rd party mapping utility.  Teamspeak also recognizes it for hotkeys.  If you don't use a 3rd party program, you will have to calibrate the unit with the basic Windows device utility to set the full range of the levers.  On my build, Windows ended up seeing the two wheels on the side as a "joystick axis," so I had to treat their ranges as such for the calibration procedure, and it was an interesting little puzzle.    

Verdict: 5 stars, A+, Would buy from GVL again.  Thanks again and again for providing this service!

DSC_0549.JPG

DSC_0550.JPG

Edited by II./JG1_EmerlistDavjack
  • Upvote 1

Very nice, yes!

My "transmitter" box came today, which I plan on using for in-game radio commands:

IMG_20190128_191942.thumb.jpg.83c74815059cc805f3eee9455e40bd61.jpg

• Upvote 1

8 часов назад, II./JG1_EmerlistDavjack сказал:

Mine arrived, and I have to say that I am very impressed by the quality of the build.  The body is solid metal, tightly fit, with labeling that is crisp and etched into the finish. The mechanics feel solid, the switches are a positive *click*, and the handles are made from a strong resin.  It reminds me of a device made for old aircraft: metal and bakelite.  I even just noticed that the P-47 has almost these exact same style switches for some controls. I love it.  That plane in particular is a lot more fun to fly with levers for Throttle/RPM/Mix/Turbosupercharger, a dial for Oil Rad, and the wheels for Intercooler and Cowl Flaps.  Really get a nice tactile feel for each control with none of the gamey-ness of a keyboard.     

The unit does everything exactly as I want it to.  I couldn't be more happy with it.  There are also little touches that show the quality of the workmanship and thought that goes into it, like how the travel on the Levers is blocked by horizontal screws that have rubber sleeves on them so that it doesn't make a clack when you hit the stop, just a satisfying thud. I'm not at all worried about throwing the throttle hardish to the stops.  Nothing can snap, it's all metal!  The unit has some heft to it, and has nice rubber feet on the bottom that keep it from sliding very effectively. My favorite things about it the build are the thumbwheel on the bottom of the throttle and the encoder on the front.  That gives me head zoom and gunsight range on my left hand, freeing my hat switch up for trim!  That's really nice, I hadn't flown that way before.   All the buttons on the throttle are really nice for TIR management, Teamspeak, wheel brakes, gunsight modes, and other random stuff. 

Note:  The basic Windows device utility does not see all the buttons (it can only see 32), but IL2/RoF/DCS can bind all the buttons/axes/sliders/encoders without any 3rd party mapping utility.  Teamspeak also recognizes it for hotkeys.  If you don't use a 3rd party program, you will have to calibrate the unit with the basic Windows device utility to set the full range of the levers.  On my build, Windows ended up seeing the two wheels on the side as a "joystick axis," so I had to treat their ranges as such for the calibration procedure, and it was an interesting little puzzle.    

Verdict: 5 stars, A+, Would buy from GVL again.  Thanks again and again for providing this service!

DSC_0549.JPG

DSC_0550.JPG

Thank you for such a great review on the block of my assembly.

Hey all - just another thumbs up/endorse for GVL. Throttle arrived yesterday - well packed, safe & sound, works great - all good...:salute:

FM.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Congrats! Now waiting for mine! Seems like German customs are sitting on the box right now. Come on guys! :)) 

On 6/24/2018 at 1:45 AM, LukeFF said:

@GVL224, have you thought of creating a P-51-style throttle? Seems like it would be a easy one to create (perhaps with a simplified bracket attachment):

attachment.php?attachmentid=81129&d=1368

This is it, that i find!

Someone has this in progress to made it?

Mechanics "Sparka X52" and "Sparka RUD"

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0493.JPG

IMG_0495.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I received my Rud4 throttle setup a couple weeks ago and just got it integrated into my flight seat this past weekend, I finally took it for a flight and am so happy with it. It feels great in the hand and has more buttons than I know what to do with. My biggest challenge is assigning commands to each of them then memorizing the layout since I fly in VR and can't look 😄

Absolutely fantastic piece of work!

7 минут назад, pfrances сказал:

I received my Rud4 throttle setup a couple weeks ago and just got it integrated into my flight seat this past weekend, I finally took it for a flight and am so happy with it. It feels great in the hand and has more buttons than I know what to do with. My biggest challenge is assigning commands to each of them then memorizing the layout since I fly in VR and can't look 😄

Absolutely fantastic piece of work!

Thanks for the feedback!

I have just received the throttle made by Vitalij and I have to admin ty English is way to poor to express how very impressed I am both by device's precision and, let's face it, beauty and by Vitalij's serious approach to making business!

At first I have encountered some minor issues with one of PCB in my throttle unit, apparently it got somehow damaged in transit from Ukraine. I contacted Vitalij and he helped me in a blink of an eye (well, at least as far as postal services go :) ) soldering a new PCB and sending it my way free of charge. Once I got it and had it installed, everything is working like a charm, every of axis available showing surgical precison which makes my ugly mug smile every time I turn my PC on to fly a bit.

Summing things up, device and Vitalij's services are worth each and every last penny one have to pay. Highly recommended!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 11/10/2016 at 11:58 AM, GVL224 said:

White Trio, the price of the kit is $ 75 + $ 10 shipment from Ukraine.

post-1483-0-63105200-1478775517_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-13970000-1478775524_thumb.jpg

Hello, how much would a little box  similar to the "Trio" with three lever ONLY + shipping to FRANCE cost me? Thanks.

Edit : Would it be possible to have wheel instead of lever? I really want to avoid potentiometer so if I choose wheel can you still use contactless sensor and if so what would be the throw? How many turn / angle in degrees?

Edited by Hon0

Posted (edited)

8 часов назад, Hon0 сказал:

Hello, how much would a little box  similar to the "Trio" with three lever ONLY + shipping to FRANCE cost me? Thanks.

Edit : Would it be possible to have wheel instead of lever? I really want to avoid potentiometer so if I choose wheel can you still use contactless sensor and if so what would be the throw? How many turn / angle in degrees?

Hello.
If buttons and switches are removed from the front panel of the case, then the price of such a unit is $ 125. + 15 dollars postage.
I didn’t quite understand about the “wheel” but the sensor angle was + -39 degrees (total 78 degrees).

Edited by GVL224

4 hours ago, GVL224 said:

Hello.
If buttons and switches are removed from the front panel of the case, then the price of such a unit is $ 125. + 15 dollars postage.
I didn’t quite understand about the “wheel” but the sensor angle was + -39 degrees (total 78 degrees).

Outch, more expensive than I expected when compared to the price of the "Trio kit" which have more feature. 😳

4 minutes ago, Hon0 said:

Outch, more expensive than I expected when compared to the price of the "Trio kit" which have more feature. 😳

Hon0;  the post - and therefore the price - you originally quoted was nearly 3 years ago.

• Upvote 1

1 час назад, Hon0 сказал:

The price is outdated and it is for a block with a different material and in a completely disassembled form.
Now I fully collect the device, according to the option "kit-set" I do not offer. But individually, this option is also possible.
You can also purchase only the mechanics from me, do everything else yourself.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Hon0 said:

You can use a contacless sensor in a lever (or in a wheel),  no advantage in one or another.

Depends on what angle the sensor work, e.g. the mentioned 78º (of MagREZ) allow a precise control with a lever, but less precise with a wheel due their necessary small diameter.

All kind of angle/movement sensor, be a conventional potentiometer or contactless sensor have a "effective electric angle", for example potentiometer used in joysticks have angles ~30 to 60º, not the common 270/300º* of most pot sold in electronic stores. Why is difficult replace that "$0.10" pot' in an Saitek joystick, you just don't find the 33.5º model used in then for buy.

*This models is not suitable for use in joystick  because will require reduction gear, with their backslash... adding unnecessary complication.

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 1

Lever "Universal" and "Cougar" in one base (Spark).

IMG_0761.JPG

• Like 1