GVL224

Iron mechanic (Throttle) motor control (axes)

At me it turned out here so:

post-1483-0-13574700-1517068633_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-54627000-1517068653_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-16140400-1517068665_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-94398700-1517068692_thumb.jpg

By the way, it is necessary somehow to be defined on what part of the movement there should be a ledge. Also something like this can be done for a minimum gas.

• Upvote 2

:blink:  You formed the lever so quick. You're some form of instant-CAD ace. 

Roughly 80% of axis travel for that lever?

The rest can be controlled software-side, in IL-2. 

If physical is at 80%, but ingame throttle at 90% is needed to get into Emergency power - the player can increase "high deadzone" in game settings.

If physical is at 80%, but ingame throttle at 75% starts Emergency power - player can increase "low deadzone" in game settings.

I am interested in your work now. Give me some days of time, I want to look through the options please. I have found pictures, and the videos. The throttles look very good!

Since Virpil doesn't seem to be releasing their throttle anytime soon (I have been waiting since December), I was looking around and only now I have found these gems. I believe not enough people know about this.

Yes, GVL does great work, and I really like the fact he will work with his customers to create just the sort of control they are looking for. 

• Upvote 1

Looks good and practical.  :good:

I think a stop for "small gas" (idle) is a unnecessary "luxury" specially for WW2 planes - this is a feature of jets, perhaps to avoid cut the engine by accident.

If make groove for bolts in the "stop" piece, the "gate" position can be fine tuned by user - since not all flight game allow adjust axis response curve like in DCS.

Something like this, allowing turn the piece some degrees.

Stop.jpg

Mine just arrived today.  Very nice,  Solid.  Everything works perfectly.

Make sure that you calibrate in Windows before using it in the game.

• Upvote 1

:blink:  You formed the lever so quick. You're some form of instant-CAD ace. 

Roughly 80% of axis travel for that lever?

The rest can be controlled software-side, in IL-2. 

If physical is at 80%, but ingame throttle at 90% is needed to get into Emergency power - the player can increase "high deadzone" in game settings.

If physical is at 80%, but ingame throttle at 75% starts Emergency power - player can increase "low deadzone" in game settings.

I am interested in your work now. Give me some days of time, I want to look through the options please. I have found pictures, and the videos. The throttles look very good!

Yes, I use Solid Works.
This is not the final version of the emphasis, I think that the stroke to the stop should be about 85-90% of the total stroke of the lever.
The remaining 10-15% of the lever stroke for "afterburner".
Just like you correctly noticed this relationship can be changed in the game settings programmatically, but physically (tactile) can not be changed.

I'll wait, write to me later your decision.

Looks good and practical.  :good:

I think a stop for "small gas" (idle) is a unnecessary "luxury" specially for WW2 planes - this is a feature of jets, perhaps to avoid cut the engine by accident.

If make groove for bolts in the "stop" piece, the "gate" position can be fine tuned by user - since not all flight game allow adjust axis response curve like in DCS.

Something like this, allowing turn the piece some degrees.

Stop.jpg

Yes, I agree with you.
I also thought about this possibility of adjustment, or rather, not even the adjustment of the original and post-exposed display of this plate.
Perhaps I will do it with these grooves. The only thing that bothers with the grooves is the force of twisting the fixing bolts, otherwise the user in the process of operation can displace them if strongly presses :)
During the operation of the throttle, changing the position of this stop will be time-consuming, it will be necessary to disassemble the unit almost completely.

GVL 224: a screw with a bolt in front of the arresting point of the level trottle of the normal cruise may give you easy regulation of the normal/afterburner zone I think.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kVEDkdjNuiR5PRyZx6KCN-jQB2M3tb2T/view?usp=sharing

..sorry for the bad image but whish can give the idea :salute:

Yes, I understand your idea, but if you do that only on the lever.
In the variant as you suggested the foot of the stop will not slide on the base ...
Like this:
post-1483-0-87571100-1517139389_thumb.jpg

hmmm.. no, no.. My suggestion was to fix the variable screw in the base, not on the lever, may be in this manner you can avoid the interference on sliding

Edited by EAF_51_FOX

hmmm.. no, no.. My suggestion was to fix the variable screw in the base, not on the lever, may be in this manner you can avoid the interference on sliding

I understood what you suggested.
And in your version the bolt will prevent the slip of the "flag".
For it will cling to the bent part of the flag if you do not keep it constantly with your fingers to the handle.
I'm generally a non-party to fix anywhere else the bolts ...

Fox,

Problem in fit screw in the base is that this will require you press the lever for by-pass the stop (and engage Emergency Power), but can't release the lever after, because if do this the lever 'L' will stuck in the screw nut. Maintain the lever pressed is not desirable.

stop_stuck.jpg

In the way that GVL draw, with screw in the lever, the screw nut slide back over after stop ramp, in this way you can reduce throttle without additional action other than move throttle back.

Only move the throttle for "Emergency power/Forzah" should require a conscious action for bypass the stop. :)

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 1

I understand Sokol and GVL , my idea and draw was just a "raw" idea: it will request a more detailed explanation and more detailed draw. But obviously if you GVL won't fix anything out of the lever for your perspective of assembling I fully respect this choice as you are the expert into this mechanism :)

I understand Sokol and GVL , my idea and draw was just a "raw" idea: it will request a more detailed explanation and more detailed draw. But obviously if you GVL won't fix anything out of the lever for your perspective of assembling I fully respect this choice as you are the expert into this mechanism :)

Everything is normal!
Only in a dispute is born the truth :)

Yes GVL :)  hope you find a solution to make the trottle + boost mechanism. keep on the good work! Ciao.

Edited by EAF_51_FOX

Salute to GVL!

My "3x5" is great....now to memorize all the button assignments!

Excellent to work with!

Salute to GVL!

My "3x5" is great....now to memorize all the button assignments!

Excellent to work with!

Good flight!

Here such variant.

The main difference from the previous is an elongated handle 15 mm from the standard and two "twisters".

One krutilka from below (as I have already done) and from the front (this was the first time I did it).

post-1483-0-61014900-1517508374_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-82614300-1517508381_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-53254400-1517508388_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-00494000-1517508396_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-44979200-1517508407_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-90180700-1517508416_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much GVL224.

You got big talent and alot of patience.

Looking/waiting forward to have it in my hands.

Saludos.

15(Span.)/JG51Costa.

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Costa

Individual order.

DSC_0167.JPG

DSC_0168.JPG

DSC_0169.JPG

Edited by GVL224
  • Like 3

On 3/6/2018 at 12:21 PM, GVL224 said:

Here is an ore (Throttle) on an individual order.

Can't wait to try it out!

22 hours ago, [CPT]CptJackSparrow said:

Psst, Luke, you've only got the two hands. 

:P

:biggrin:

I really like the first controller @GVL224 made for me, but in the time since I bought that one, he's come up with some new ideas that I wanted to have in a controller, plus I wasn't totally satisfied with my initial design decisions (mainly, the number of levers). This design both gives me the number of buttons / switches I want and leaves a few open for any new features 1CGS may add. 

The only thing I'd do differently at this point is swap the square red and green buttons for circular ones (since I was aiming for Fw 190-style buttons), but I can live with it. :)

Edited by LukeFF

23 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Can't wait to try it out!

Stop ordering stuff so Vitaly can finish mine!

• Haha 2

Since your aim is Fw 190 why you don't get the Fw 190 angled (front/up) support for "Gashebel" knob:

DSC_0583.JPGDSC_0587.JPG

This leave the grip in more comfortable position.

attachment.php?attachmentid=169496&d=150

Edited by Sokol1

1 hour ago, Sokol1 said:

Since your aim is Fw 190 why you don't get the Fw 190 angled (front/up) support for "Gashebel" knob:

I've been quite happy with the comfort and function of the Bf 109 handle.