Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

LLv34_Untamo

CountZero
19 hours ago, Robli said:

Mate, try to read your own posts. Could you maybe point out, where I have this obvious axis bias? You just like to make up claims like that for fun? You complain about "axis logic" about Mig-3 or La-5FN being too good, yet I have not seen anybody else besides you even mentioning these planes here. You are the one complaining about that planeset, so no need to put the blame on axis while you are at it. 

Man, I just looked at the planesets like you suggested, to see what your big fuss is about. Even more confused about your "Mig-3 does not face E7s or F2s" comment now.

On first planeset Allies get I-16, P-40, LaGG-3 and Hurricane. Axis get E7s and Mc202s. 

On second planeset Allies get in addition to previous Mig-3 AND Yak-1 (the entire setup of BoM+BoS fighters + Hurricane) while Axis gets F2 (just BoM fighters). So Mig-3 is facing E7s and F2s, contrary to your claim.

Planeset 3 gives Allies BoK planes, while Axis get BoS planes minus A3.

Just wow, man. No words.

Mig 3 was not in set 2 before, dont know when they returned it, but good to see that is done, dont know why its not in set 1 also.

Still stays that Typhoon was removed and La5FN also, even thought they dont give as big advantage if any like 262 give to axis.

Whos caling you axis biased, planset is cearly made to favor axis with moving allied airplanes to balanced sets out for axis, but having 8th set having 262 that cant be balanced out.

You can easy balanced that out by adding one set that have top allied airplane in same numbers like 262 is in set 8, Tempest +11 in set 5 for example. If small numbers of 262 in set 8 is not problem acoridng to axis players, how is then small numbers of Tempest +11 problem in set 5 to make planset totaly balanced, if whole point of war is to give each side balanced planset. So you then have 6 balanced sets and 1 favoring axis and 1 allieds, insted how its now. 

Edited by CountZero

CIA_Luth
19 hours ago, ATAG_SKUD said:

Today I was doing my usual thing flying my Ju 88 at least two grids away from any potential action on the way to the target.  I got whacked. OK so somebody might have gotten lucky and spotted me out two grids from one of our depots. So on my next flight I made a new route flying all the way to the corner of the map - absolutely as far as I could to avoid any intercept. At a distance of no less than 8 grids from any potential action I got intercepted again at 5km.

Is this that Tacview exploit or are AWACS  now part of the plane set?

:salute:

skud

you were very unlucky.  you were spotted by eagle eye elanski not long after your takeoff.  we tracked you for a very long time, having guessed your intentions.  we were beginning to think we would never catch up to you.  no exploit or AWACS.   just happened to be looking in the right place, at the right time.  

ATAG_SKUD

Thanks Luth - you've restored my confidence. How are you and 'ski? Its been a long time since we flew together. By the way-great shot, PK'd me with first 2 rounds

skud

Edited by ATAG_SKUD

ATAG_SKUD
3 hours ago, CIA_Luth said:

you were very unlucky.  you were spotted by eagle eye elanski not long after your takeoff.  we tracked you for a very long time, having guessed your intentions.  we were beginning to think we would never catch up to you.  no exploit or AWACS.   just happened to be looking in the right place, at the right time.  

Did you guys just whack me again? I'm going to have to change my routine.

we are doing well, skud.  glad youre still flying.  

we usually try to attack head on against bombers.  we dont like their sniper gunners.  lol

wasnt us the second time.

JG300_Winterz

The new planesets seems good so far and it doesn't take forever to go through them.

Maybe the Mig-3 could go to set 1 and the Fw-190-D9 to set 6 tho.

ATAG_SKUD
On 10/10/2021 at 9:49 AM, CIA_Luth said:

wasnt us the second time.

So I got incredibly unlucky 3 times in a row?

Hi @LLv34_Temuri

Is TACVIEW enabled?

skud

Edited by ATAG_SKUD

LLv34_Temuri
4 hours ago, ATAG_SKUD said:

Is TACVIEW enabled?

No.  Not until...

LLv34_Temuri
9 minutes ago, ema33ig said:

is Reshade allowed on your server?

No.

Hello, 

Some bugs in running mission.

Temporary AF cannot be open 

German Front Depot 2 destroyed but icon still alive on the map.

Bye

CCG_Pips 

Edited by CCG_Pips

LLv34_Temuri
13 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

Hello, 

Some bugs in running mission.

Temporary AF cannot be open 

German Front Depot 2 destroyed but icon still alive on the map.

Bye

CCG_Pips 

Yes. Looks like after the latest game update, the rcon has been acting up.

I have been dipping my toes in the multiplayer aspect lately and really like this server.  Its a bit lonely at times, and by that I mean I rarely see anyone unless I am being shot down :)  Anyhoo, I have a question about map of the current situation at http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en

There have been some tutorial videos that point out how you can plan missions there with waypoint tools.  But I do not see that option - the flight mapping tool and point mapping tool icons are not there.  Have tried different browsers and settings but I just cant find it - am I seeing out dated info and this is no longer there or am I missing something?

TIA!

LLv34_Temuri
30 minutes ago, Vrath said:

I have been dipping my toes in the multiplayer aspect lately and really like this server.  Its a bit lonely at times, and by that I mean I rarely see anyone unless I am being shot down :)  Anyhoo, I have a question about map of the current situation at http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en

There have been some tutorial videos that point out how you can plan missions there with waypoint tools.  But I do not see that option - the flight mapping tool and point mapping tool icons are not there.  Have tried different browsers and settings but I just cant find it - am I seeing out dated info and this is no longer there or am I missing something?

TIA!

The current map implementation from before. The flight planning in it still under works by roccobarbi.

JohnRitterKreuz

Question for Temuri:  During this QTR I've noticed that Russian Tank Spawns seem to get much more favorable position than German when it comes to their placement near roads.  It almost always seems that Red Tank Spawns near a CP are either right on a road or closer to a road than Blue.  Is this a thing?  I would imagine the generation of the tank spawns for each mission is random.   But can you share a little more about how they are placed?  Thanks for a great game.

4 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

The current map implementation from before. The flight planning in it still under works by roccobarbi.

Thanks,  now I can stop trying to figure out why its not working for me!

KG200_Achilles

wtf is speed hack??

is this a server bug or hack was indeed??

Admins should report on forum things like that not only silent ban..

ilmavoimat

For the next campaign would it be possible for the transport missions to start cold from the ground behind the lines rather than air starts and have the possibility to return to refuel and reload rather than having to respawn each mission. Air starts are a bit "gamey" and do spoil the immersion somewhat for those of us who are bloody awful combat pilots but enjoy trash hauling.😁

• Upvote 1

JG4_Moltke1871

56 minutes ago, ilmavoimat said:

For the next campaign would it be possible for the transport missions to start cold from the ground behind the lines rather than air starts and have the possibility to return to refuel and reload rather than having to respawn each mission. Air starts are a bit "gamey" and do spoil the immersion somewhat for those of us who are bloody awful combat pilots but enjoy trash hauling.😁

I agree. Together with the airspawns the special feeling fly away. And also some naughty guys like to attack the airspawns with altitude advantage. No AA in the sky 🙄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LLv34_Untamo

The point behind them being air starts is that the supply is coming "off map".

• Thanks 1

ilmavoimat
3 hours ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

The point behind them being air starts is that the supply is coming "off map".

I get that but why not start them from the ground further back from the front for those of us who enjoying flying transports? At the end of the day if no-one flies transports the experten will have nothing to fly!

Edited by ilmavoimat
  • Upvote 2

JG4_Moltke1871

Start Transport as far as possible from the Front make sense because two things:

1. Makes it necessary to defend the transporters. A nice tactical aspect.

2. The airspawn is often close to a target. It’s an unnecessary “alert for free” in the air.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LLv34_Temuri

From next mission rotation, the temporary airfields should be enabled from mission start. However, they still need to be supplied before you can take off. This is a workaround for the current issue where the temporaries don't open after resupplying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LLv34_Untamo

Putting the supply start on the ground, and even further away wouldn't make more people fly supply, I would say opposite is true. The supply airstart being close to enemy airfields is a bug on our part, it shouldn't be that close.

ilmavoimat
34 minutes ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

Putting the supply start on the ground, and even further away wouldn't make more people fly supply, I would say opposite is true. The supply airstart being close to enemy airfields is a bug on our part, it shouldn't be that close.

How about the option of air starts and/or ground starts for those who want them? Certainly when it comes to Normandy I don't want to be starting mid channel!

Edited by ilmavoimat
  • Upvote 3

Hi Admin,

I have previously raised the issue of the self exploding Opel blitz ammo truck. However, I have now died on three separate occasions, owing to the  truck exploding seconds after I have spawned in.

Therefore, would it be possible to ensure that this IED is placed at least 50-100m away from the tank spawn, please? It is a little frustrating to be killed by something that continually just self explodes!

Regards

H

• Haha 2

If any player are interested in doing level bombing, I am organizing people to do them once every 2 weeks. Here are some examples of some we have done. FInd us on the discord here - this isn't a squad. It's just a community event to take part in some fun. No strings attached, just don't be a dick.

https://discord.gg/RFJXX9XhYe

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

SIA_Target

I started a sqn. page on the stats site and several of my fellow sqn mates joined, only one is showing up on the sqn. page and it isn't me. I would figure if anyone would be on the page it would be the admin., but no. Plus the web site keeps changing my profile name to some numbered player. Need help.

And yes we've flown through several map rotations.

JohnRitterKreuz
On 10/19/2021 at 1:04 AM, Haza said:

Hi Admin,

I have previously raised the issue of the self exploding Opel blitz ammo truck. However, I have now died on three separate occasions, owing to the  truck exploding seconds after I have spawned in.

Therefore, would it be possible to ensure that this IED is placed at least 50-100m away from the tank spawn, please? It is a little frustrating to be killed by something that continually just self explodes!

Regards

H

Technically (no pun intended) it's a VBIED

LLv34_Untamo
On 10/23/2021 at 4:51 AM, SIA_Target said:

I started a sqn. page on the stats site and several of my fellow sqn mates joined, only one is showing up on the sqn. page and it isn't me. I would figure if anyone would be on the page it would be the admin., but no. Plus the web site keeps changing my profile name to some numbered player. Need help.

And yes we've flown through several map rotations.

PM'd.

SIA_Target

I can't help but notice those who bother to do re-supply missions are under appreciated. If they succeed at re-supplying theirs is no reward, motivation to do them are therefore lacking. I'll do them in dire circumstances, but with their spawn point being so close to the enemy positions it isn't something I seek to do habitually. If they were set closer to where they would most likely have originated in RL, further to the rear, it would give the pilot more time to take a more circuitous route and perhaps ensure a better end for plane and pilot.

Which brings me to my next point, if I get shot down during a resupply mission, does it affect my stats? If so, it certainly is a lopsided endeavor.

[U99]OttoU99

Dear administrators! You have a great server!
But I have a problem - I did a good job, but when I returned to my base ...
Having received ammunition and fuel for my Tiger, I decided to complete the mission and ended up dead ...
What have I done wrong? Please explain. Or give a link please!

IL 2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad 2021 10 27 22 28 44 03 Tiger vs IL 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFlHF4Fd1Yw
The tiger killed the plane IL-2 IL 2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad 2021 10 27 22 27 28 02
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLXZ9INHYyI

2021_10_26__22_57_56.jpg

2021_10_26__22_54_43.jpg

2021_10_26__19_50_32.jpg

2021_10_26__22_23_10.jpg

2021_10_27__19_21_6.jpg

2021_10_27__19_21_56.jpg

2021_10_27__19_20_22.jpg

2021_10_27__19_16_13.jpg

Edited by [U99]OttoU99

LLv34_Temuri
11 hours ago, SIA_Target said:

If they succeed at re-supplying theirs is no reward, motivation to do them are therefore lacking.

They do get points in stats site. Unfortunately, we have no control over what the game tells you on top of the screen after a sortie.

11 hours ago, SIA_Target said:

if I get shot down during a resupply mission, does it affect my stats?

The stats site tracks separate "careers" for fighter, attacker, and bomber sorties. We're using the stats mod by @=FEW=Revolves, and I think supply flights fall under bomber sorties.