=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

12 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

This game inflight  collision model still needs a lot of work.  Wing to wing collision and only 2.9% damage to enemy plane when mine completely blown up.

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=84467&name=6./ZG26_Gielow

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=84462&name=SCG_CorZero

2019_9_16__2_36_57.thumb.jpg.27a9d182be43cf44048f406b8c1a5c48.jpg2019_9_16__2_59_15.thumb.jpg.cb7748fd55ffb065f524141dbd151a97.jpg2019_9_16__2_59_35.thumb.jpg.23e3d973c9248a49e6c3d78504a6e466.jpg

Not the first time.
I've seen it few times.
It's the siberian wood 😂

Literaly laughing my ass off here. Every campaign is the same thing, one side does well the other cries its heart out. Like clockwork. Last TAW the reds completely steamrolled with the same "inferior" aircraft they have now, what was different? I do not know, I just know that all of this is pointless since every campaign will be different from the other, this one the blues are winning and so what? Damn, and everytime is the same old people complaining, sometimes frustration does get the better of you but the arguments are tiring. No side can win taw, because if it does then the other is going to complain; why not make TAW a more friendly server? nobody wins anymore, it is all a draw and what matters is participating ;)

Edited by SCG_Faerber
  • Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, SCG_Faerber said:

Every campaign is the same thing, one side does well the other cries its heart out. Like clockwork. 

TAW thread in the nutshell 😁

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Ala13_elchinodecai said:

Stalinwood is unbreakable !!!!:rtfm::russian_ru::rofl:

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, SCG_Faerber said:

Literaly laughing my ass off here. Every campaign is the same thing, one side does well the other cries its heart out. Like clockwork. Last TAW the reds completely steamrolled with the same "inferior" aircraft they have now, what was different? I do not know, I just know that all of this is pointless since every campaign will be different from the other, this one the blues are winning and so what? Damn, and everytime is the same old people complaining, sometimes frustration does get the better of you but the arguments are tiring. No side can win taw, because if it does then the other is going to complain; why not make TAW a more friendly server? nobody wins anymore, it is all a draw and what matters is participating ;)

I stopped caring ages ago, its been few hundred pages since i last even cared to write more than a two paragraphs about this stuff.

What does get my goat is Axis now starting to kill steal me... Thats wrong and have to stop! 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy

3 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

What does get my goat is Axis now starting to kill steal me... Thats wrong and have to stop! 

Agreed, that is evil!

It never ceases me to impress how greedy and dumb some pilots are!!!

This retard found nothing else but flew over our AF searching for easy kill and ended up smashing his plane on the field killing himself and me from explosion.

The 15 seconds server leave rule is really annoying making all this shit possible. He crashed into me when I had 2 seconds left.

Click on the link to see the video --- https://youtu.be/iApL-aSheao

taw_s17.jpg.ea97e4c54001f301b990ba9f665b7d26.jpg

Edited by 72AG_Obi
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 72AG_Obi said:

This retard found nothing else but flew over our AF searching for easy kill and ended up smashing his plane on the field killing himself and me from explosion.

The 15 seconds server leave rule is really annoying making all this shit possible. He crashed into me when I had 2 seconds left.

ahaha this is the dude who asked yesterday how to open the map. 
I replied "O" only to add that this might be the wrong server for him if he doesnt know that. He replied with "oh don't judge my skill cause I dont know to open the map"

I guess he is highly skilled at darting into the ground.

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Haha 8
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

To be fair he had his wing taken off by AAA so it was an error in tactics rather than flying ability.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 72AG_Obi said:

Can`t really see what is wrong here. It`s not forbidden to attack airfields or planes on the runway afaik. Dumb attack maybe but people do dumb things and did so even in the WW2.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

To be fair he had his wing taken off by AAA so it was an error in tactics rather than flying ability.

Whats the difference? 

I do hammerheads all day erry day and live to tell :crazy:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

ahaha this is the dude who asked yesterday how to open the map. 
I replied "O" only to add that this might be the wrong server for him if he doesnt know that. He replied with "oh don't judge my skill cause I dont know to open the map"

Earlier in the campaign we had a guy come on TeamSpeak asking basic questions about TAW, and we spent about five minutes trying to help him out to understand how to register, figure out what planes he had, what the different targets and objectives were, etc. Then he asked to join us. We asked what airfield he was at, he didn't know. Then we asked what he was flying - "Bf-109!"

Everyone in the voice chat immediately was like "No! Please don't join us! We're flying Allied, and you're on the wrong voice channel!"

Another guy that same night was trying to learn to take off in the LaGG-3. We helped him get airborne finally, then he said, "Oh wtf, I was just kicked out!" And we asked if he was registered for Allies. And he said "I have to register?"

I think most people know TAW isn't for absolute beginners but every once in a while one finds their way...

1 hour ago, JG4_Widukind said:

ohh !! Bazooka Man was very lucky

After this one Bazooka Man retired to a monastery to live out his life in service of whatever god snatched him from the jaws of death-by-idiot.

5 часов назад, 56RAF_Roblex сказал:

Actually he had a chance to pull over before he got his wing taken off as he started taking damages from AAs much earlier but he kept diving on me anyway.

He later confirmed in chat that he wanted to shoot me dead so much seeing my smoking and emergency landing plane on that AF as an easy target.

Also, I was sitting on my ass on that AF whole 15 stupid seconds watching him diving on me and having no chance to do anything.

In WW2 it would mean the end of his professional career as a pilot but not in TAW giving him just one extra coffee break. )))

Edited by 72AG_Obi

20 minutes ago, 72AG_Obi said:

In WW2 it would mean the end of his professional career as a pilot but not in TAW giving him just one extra coffee break. )))

That`s the point! In WW2 he would have ended your career as well, but look at you now. You`re happily typing on your computer. This is just a game, luckily. That was a dumb thing to do but people could relax a bit.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

We all knew how that will end up

7 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

I think most people know TAW isn't for absolute beginners but every once in a while one finds their way...

Late in the day on the North American West Coast, TAW and WoL are the only servers with anyone in them.

Props to all those players who take the time on chat to patiently explain things to the newcomers; I remember when I was a noob too.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, 72AG_Obi said:

Well...

#1 maybe from their perspective, their virtual life wasn't worth as much as yours was to you.

#2 maybe they did it out of spite because you were running to use AAA as cover and killing you was more important to than their virtual life.

#3 maybe it's a video game and virtual lives are not real. Unless when you run out and it means you need to find a new server for 12 hours or so LOL.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

5 часов назад, WokeUpDead сказал:

Props to all those players who take the time on chat to patiently explain things to the newcomers; I remember when I was a noob too.

TAW server rule: "Don't use chat for asking questions not related with the current mission. Use the forum instead"

I don't mind helping other people, but I do mind seeing people on this server who do dumb things just for fun or to entertain themselves instead of make some efforts and learn about it first before entering and bugging other people with silly questions.

*There are more suited games and/or servers, or even offline missions in this game for this kind of people.

5 часов назад, JG7_X-Man сказал:

Well..., o

#1 maybe from their perspective, their virtual life wasn't worth as much as yours was to you.

#2 maybe they did it out of spite because you were running to use AAA as cover and killing you was more important to than their virtual life.

#3 maybe it's a video game and virtual lives are not real. Unless when you run out and it means you need to find a new server for 12 hours or so LOL.

Too many maybes. 

How about this: "Tactical Air War (TAW) is a simulation of the World War II conflict from the military pilot’s perspective."

Let's stick to it. Plan your action, read manual, rules, forums, watch videos,  try to learn, then ask questions and have fun as virtual pilot in virtual sky without screwing other people experience only because you don't care about all of mentioned above or don't want to waste your valuable time doing it.

And if you don't, see my comments to first message (*).

Edited by 72AG_Obi
  • Upvote 6

15 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

Everyone in the voice chat immediately was like "No! Please don't join us! We're flying Allied, and you're on the wrong voice channel!"

Next time, just tell him where to come and shoot him down.  :biggrin:

Oh look, TAW is over. Well played all. Hope next TAW will have BoP planes. 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy

1 hour ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Oh look, TAW is over. Well played all. Hope next TAW will have BoP planes. 

Yep, me too - maybe even a Map #9? :)

Can anybody explain why the last map (#8) finished?  I don't see any victory conditions being fulfilled based on my knowledge.  Allies still had two open airfields as far as I could tell--tanks were attacking them but these were the border airfields so the tanks needed to be closer (15KM) and they're shown as open on the last visible map on the TAW page.  Pilot and planes limits were also not exceeded.

Edit: So I guess is that both tank columns got to within 15km of the last two airfields and the map on the TAW page did not update as Siddy implies.

Edited by SCG_Limbo
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SCG_Limbo said:

Can anybody explain why the last map (#8) finished?  I don't see any victory conditions being fulfilled based on my knowledge.  Allies still had two open airfields as far as I could tell--tanks were attacking them but these were the border airfields so the tanks needed to be closer (15KM) and they're shown as open on the last visible map on the TAW page.  Pilot and planes limits were also not exceeded.

Both fields closed due tonks.

• Upvote 1

It's over!?!

It's really over now?

Where's map #9?

Oh my God…..what to do now instead?? Do I have still friends, family...?

Thanks all for 84 hours fun ... and pain.

…. taking a deep breath this morning ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Fritz_Faber said:

It's over!?!

It's really over now?

Where's map #9?

Oh my God…..what to do now instead?? Do I have still friends, family...?

Thanks all for 84 hours fun ... and pain.

…. taking a deep breath this morning ...

It's over. Get some rest, take a walk, read a book...

Thanks to everybody who joined the fight and to the TAW admins, as usual it has been an extremely immersive campaign. 

GEMINI squadron flew allied on this one, mostly due to balance reason in the EU late evenining timezone; in fact if we would have picked Axis (as majority of us wanted) we would have been unable to join most of the night. Our hope is this unbalance will shift when new allied planes are introduced.

Speaking of which... is it too early to talk about next TAW? 😀 i was wondering if there's a separate thread somewhere or this is the right place.

Is there already some idea if the next TAW will feature the bodenplatte scenario (maps AND plane)? The upcoming new content surely offers the unique chance to combine the two front moving from 1941-43 russian one to 1944-1945 european one, i'd say. Is there already some plan?

Ciao!

Congrats to Blue Team for victory.

Good job reds, next time maybe we will win.

Thx to all players 

Great thanks to to people made it posible.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

TAW it's over? 

https://youtu.be/5lbGAzo9RrM

And Nein! 😛

WIDU ÄNDÄ 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

It was a great campaign! Big thanks to the makers of TAW and all the players who participated in it. Nice to see some new names and squads!
Was this the longest TAW ever? It started end of July, so it was almost two month! Felt like ages 👴
Despite all the complaints about imbalance it was still a narrow victory for the blue side. 
See you all again next time! I really hope the break is going to be a little longer this time 😁

Edited by JG4_Knipser
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, AKA_Relent said:

Wow, salute! to those comrades participating in mission #610 (http://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=610)

THREE tank columns attacking Mirskaya destroyed!  And I’m sure you were harassed much of the time.  Great job!

Yep, hats off - deleting those 3 columns that quickly was a master-piece of mud moving! :o::salute:

A very big thanks to the developers of TAW, the whole EAF51 squadron really enjoyed it even if we get into only for the the last 4 maps, you guys triggered our most hidden ferocious istincts back into life!

Lots of aggressive squadrons and really good pilots on both sides! We honestly hope it's going to be back soon!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Thanks to the developers for what was my first 'proper' TAW campaign flying with the [FLAPS] chaps. I had an enormous amount of fun, got one beautiful non-gunner air kill in a p-40 which is still etched in my memory, learned the rudiments of level bombing (finally), and my nav skills have gone through the roof from where they were previously. A shame Real Life has got in the way of the last few maps, but huge thanks to everyone.

Can't wait for next time!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, [_FLAPS_]Diggun said:

Thanks to the developers for what was my first 'proper' TAW campaign flying with the [FLAPS] chaps. I had an enormous amount of fun, got one beautiful non-gunner air kill in a p-40 which is still etched in my memory, learned the rudiments of level bombing (finally), and my nav skills have gone through the roof from where they were previously. A shame Real Life has got in the way of the last few maps, but huge thanks to everyone.

Can't wait for next time!

Yeah, for all the forum hand wringing it was a really good campaign, most of the maps were competitive and close run. I bombed my first depot (and missed) and had a good end to the campaign the campaign with two kills in one sortie (representing two thirds of my total air kills for the entire campaign, lol!). Got to fly with some good people and make coordinated attacks, flew every aircraft in my stable at least once, and found a bunch of new and interesting ways to get shot down.

I hope next campaign TAW can have the BoBP planes. We should have all of them by then so the plane set will be fully fleshed out. One issue might be the Fighter/Attacker/Bomber dynamic is kind of upset. Classifying a few of the fighters as attackers and having a different +1 for those and for pure fighters might work well. But maybe the best would be to abandon the whole system for the final map and just add a couple of +1s for the fighters  (like Spit IX and P-47D for allies and FW-190A-8 and 109G-14 for axis).

• Like 1

It was the most long and the most interesting campaign of all that I remember. Both sides selfless fought and blue team earned his victory. I think that the campaign turned out this impressive because of the balance, which was the most good than ever. But it can be done even better to have a small team remained the opportunity to defend themselves. Thanks to all the players and developers.

Ps: Most of all the victory of the blues is happy my wife)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

From tomorrow on I'll have another 5 weeks of thorough steady IL-2 time. Guess my RL schedule missed TAW by one day. 😑

I bet by the time I'm neck deep at work again (in 5 weeks) the next campaign of TAW will start again. It has been like that for half a year now.. can you guys just change that intervall? Put the next up on Sunday please! 😂

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Haha 1

Thanks all for this fun campaign, my first one on the blue side. I did a lot of mud-moving this time, the German attack planes are great.

Suggestions for the future:

• Please make each of the three city defenses less clustered, more spread out. I shouldn't be able to take out multiple trucks, artillery, and bunkers with just one 1000kg or even 500kg bomb from 4000m.
  • To balance the above suggestion, please also make the tank convoys harder to hit via carpet-bombing. Spread the tanks away from the road.

I think these suggestions would encourage more Ju-87 and IL-2 sorties. You may also be able to turn down the deadliness of the AA if you make the ground targets harder to hit.

A more far-fetched suggestion: is it possible to add radar installations to the maps? They could be initially hidden like truck convoys are now, show planes in a 10km radius near the front line, and become less and less effective as they take damage.

Edited by WokeUpDead
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, WokeUpDead said:

Thanks all for this fun campaign, my first one on the blue side. I did a lot of mud-moving this time, the German attack planes are great.

Suggestions for the future:

• Please make each of the three city defenses less clustered, more spread out. I shouldn't be able to take out multiple trucks, artillery, and bunkers with just one 1000kg or even 500kg bomb from 4000m.
  • To balance the above suggestion, please also make the tank convoys harder to hit via carpet-bombing. Spread the tanks away from the road.

I think these suggestions would encourage more Ju-87 and IL-2 sorties. You may also be able to turn down the deadliness of the AA if you make the ground targets harder to hit.

A more far-fetched suggestion: is it possible to add radar installations to the maps? They could be initially hidden like truck convoys are now, show planes in a 10km radius near the front line, and become less and less effective as they take damage.

I really like the idea for spread out tank columns, compensated for by somewhat reduced AA. It would definitely make the Il-2 more viable. I'm not sure one way or the other on defenses.